Advanced Technology Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Most technicians are learning as they go because they were never properly trained and the veterans are so stressed -trying to train younger techs.
Basic Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSApril 18, 2019
I’d be willing to give ATS another shot at giving me the training I need, because when I was laid off, the techs that got hired after me actually were given training(even though I was hired before them). The Site Supervisor became more aware of new tech’s lack of training after hiccups on production floor. Site Supervisor appointed me to conduct all PDM maintenance, but wouldn’t keep me, because he never gave me the training I needed to be a Floor Maintenance Technician and was forced to lay me off because of production circumstances. Supervisors seemed over stressed. New Supervisors didn’t stay, for the time I was there-complained about ATS versus Facility Management (ATS techs held to higher standards than facility set-ups/team leads/operators). I would definitely need to learn the Symantecs of daily operation. I’d work here again.
Pros
OT:Seasonal, Benefits
Cons
Training, Advancement
Good pay
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Water Valley, MSApril 18, 2019
In all ATS is a good company to work for. The pay is great , however you will have to work a lot of overtime. (At lease at our facility it was that way.) There is great advancement opportunities as long as your manager is fair. At the site I was at , it was a great place to work until the manager that was there when I left arrived. He was the worst thing that could have happened to the site.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work life balance
Decent to Work for, But don't have your back
Test Technician Senior (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILApril 17, 2019
While working for them you will have no problems. But any time you would be laid off or let go, they do nothing to try to keep you. Got laid of once and let go, neither time did they even try to retain me.
Compensation, recognized performance, trust
SITE MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 17, 2019
A off site management Corp., on site manager decisions recognized, upper management assistance, corporate policy followed, assistance offered when requested.
Pros
Compensation, assistance, ability and authority to make on site decisions.
Cons
Long hours demanded, constant involvement, excessive presentations, to much show.
Safe work environment
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 17, 2019
Safety is definitely the number one priority at Advanced Technology Services. They promote safety every day. We continuously have training on safe work practices.
Pros
the plant I am in is clean compared to a lot of others
Cons
getting called in the middle of the night
my review
maintenance man (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILApril 5, 2019
I through Advancedn tech was a fine place to go to work change into uniform go check coumperture and see what my day would be like do pm maintenance on machines and go home
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
lot of walking kneeling bending
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 5, 2019
Depends on manager. and the leadership constant change not good 4O1K plan there big on safety but change and revolving door no family feel but some team members are the best thing.
Bit of a cool kids club
Technician II team lead (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 25, 2019
Perception is reality here. It doesn’t matter what you do or don’t do but how they perceive you. Negotiate well up front because the only way to get a decent raise at this company is to leave and come back.
Pros
Really liked the work
Cons
Management is clueless about what maintenance is or how it’s done.
Great place to grow
Maintenance Technician Senior (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMarch 20, 2019
I started as an entry level technician and now am a well seasoned veteran with a vast array of skills. My knowledge gained at ATS is extremely valuable and i recommend the company to any young technicians looking to grow in a role as a technician.
Great place to work!
Director of Continuous Improvement & Quality (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 19, 2019
Great place to work! Growing company with focuses on overall organizational success. Minority owned. They truly care about their employees. Small company with a big impact.
Great Job
Calibration-Metrology Technician Senior (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 19, 2019
Working for Caterpiller as a contractor, ATS was a great job. I met some of the smartest and driven people in my life. the job offered instruction, Mentoring, and continuous improvement to my career. If not for the commute i would have remained in the position and continued to grow.
Pros
Wages, Benefits, Work Life Balance, Opportunity
Cons
Commute
Good Job, nice people, job keeps you busy and the days go by fast.
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 7, 2019
Like the job, got along with most of the people working there. Enjoyed my job and did it well, felt like I was overwhelmed with more than my share of work by management and decided to resign. Didn't feel like the compensation was worth the time and stress that I was putting toward the job.
Pros
People, Projects completed on time, Happy customers.
Cons
Workload overwhelming, vacation time insufficient, company can't compete with other large companies when it comes to compensation
McBee location
Maintenance Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  McBee, SCFebruary 27, 2019
Very poor manager currently there doesn’t care for the employees it’s all about what benefits the management only a couple days off a month certain employees can get away with anything worked there for two and a half years without a raise and when asked for one you get feed a bs line poor working conditions with old equipment that constantly breaks operators do it on purpose and nothing get said to them about it
Pros
Cons
Manger and hardly no time off
busy
Maintenance tech 2 (Current Employee) –  east peoria,ilFebruary 27, 2019
we are very shorthanded so expected to do more than the other shifts, our shift seems to get all the burden to get things done, other shifts seem to be loafing around and letting work pile up
Pros
job security
Cons
very exhausting
Leadership is a joke
team member (Former Employee) –  hometown usaFebruary 19, 2019
Leadership is so detached from what is actually going on at the site. Working for two bosses (ATS and the contracted company) is difficult as you are working between two people. Nobody can make a decision. and they tell you they will advance you and when you have better qualifications then anybody else (including your boss and his boss) they still hold you back. What a joke.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no supervision
Excellent Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 8, 2019
Tough job -maintaining customer focus while transitioning sites
on call 24-7 365 days per year
safety minded culture
professional maintenance company
A failing company
Senior Contract Admin (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 5, 2019
All managers and directors try to tear each other down to make themselves look better and keep job security. The company does not promote positive culture. There is a reason they went from 3500 employees world wide to around 2000 within months.
Weak management, lack of leadership , no idea if profitable or not
Batman (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 31, 2019
Not a good company, weak exec management, benefits change with company performance, associates are often terminated without cause, company is unstable, price is excessive, customers are always unhappy with performance, ceo puts $ above all else
Pros
Few
Cons
Leadership team is completely inadequate
Used to be great
IT Operations Team Leader - Caterpillar Account (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 18, 2019
When I started the company was all about the employees. Every benefit was great. Then, the owner of the company retired and the VP took over. As soon as the owner was out the door it became a massive grab of greediness for the executives and they took benefits away from the employees and treated them all like pawns in a crazy game of chess. The pay rate was lackluster and they consistently came up with excuses as to why there were no promotions or pay increases as well as reducing a 401k contribution.
Pros
Many great employees there
Cons
Management doesn't care about you.
n/a
assembler (Former Employee) –  Geneva, OHJanuary 9, 2019
paint line, assembly line, temp job, thought would have gotten hired in full time, but they only had me work for temp time. didn't mind the job, wasn't real hard or stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Technology Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.