Advanced Technology Services Employee Reviews

To much manditory overtime.
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Very poor working conditions. Exposed to hazardous materials. Long and unsafe working conditions. Management seems unsure of themselves when asked a question concerning work schedules.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Bad management, poor working conditions.
Potential
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NESeptember 14, 2018
If they would just do what they say they are going to do it would be a great company to work for. But Management are pencil pushers that don't really know what they are doing. Butt kissers are rewarded while the guys that are actually working and fixing things are being ignored. They want open communication but only if it is praising something. Promise training but don't deliver
Cons
benefits are good, but could be better
Waste of time to work for ATS
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 13, 2018
There is no communication with management at the Morgan location. Too many people telling you what to do when they have no idea what’s going on. They love to perform social experiments to the point that nobody wants to work there and quits. They claim to be a safe company but when it comes down to it, they’re not. You come last and management comes first. All ATS is worried about is looking good on paper. Useless training, permits for everything, etc. They complain about low productivity when management is the one causing it and the mechanics have no control or say about the situation. There are way better places to work that are not a butt kissing subcontractor like this place.
Pros
You get a golf cart!
Cons
Management.
Make it a short term goal to work here.
Planner Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bellwood, ILAugust 25, 2018
There is a big disconnect between corporate who promises the world negotiating contracts. Then leaves workers with impossible task and vague instructions on what was committed to. Thus doming work force to failure and cut throat environment. Good place to work while looking for a job.
Pros
It is a job.
Cons
Horrible management, confusing goals that change at the customers whim.
Productive workplace
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma NYAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed the amount of work offered however the uncertantity of the work day very much wore on me especially since I had an AM job at the time, and Advanced offered me the night shift
Pros
Traveling cost paid for
Cons
No lunch break
Productive and fast paced.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiAugust 13, 2018
Very fast but tiring workday. Great pay for job title and good atmosphere. I would be happy to work for this company again in the future if opportunity was presented in my area,
Pros
Free lunches often
Cons
long workday
Not for the faint of heart
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 11, 2018
The company is a factory maintenance/industrial parts repair supplier, they should stay with that. They really do not understand the meaning of "world-class" service desk delivery. You cant be partially in the IT Services industry, it takes a major commitment to be the best and ATS is split in to many directions.
It's not that they don't try, but poor management and lack of focus and direction has led them to underperform and miss SLA's on large contracts. That is recipe for disaster.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits. Nice facility/office in schaumburg.
Cons
Disengaged management and lack of overall leadership.
Large disconnect between corporate office and on-site
Emissions Repair Specialist & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 31, 2018
Over all they aren't bad to work for. the people are great the pay is fair. There really isn't a lot of opportunity for career growth particularly if you're working on site. As a contract/agency company your career is heavily influenced by your customer. While ATS does annual reviews and discuss career path the company you're working for will ultimately decide your pay, raises and promotions. This makes it very hard to break out into new roles or advance in current roles.
Review of Management
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Belmond, IAJuly 23, 2018
Overall a okay company to work for, some locations better then others but hard to move up and top levels want to run the site operations from corporate office.
Site Manager
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXJuly 11, 2018
Anyone out there considering a Site Manager role with ATS should decline immediately. I will tell you from experience the Site Manager role is the most difficult role within the company. Work life balance is terrible because you're the first line manager the customer deals with daily. You're held accountable to a standard corporate personnel are not held to. ATS has a strong culture of turning over Site Managers. This is because when the customer is dissatisfied the first thing Corporate does is remove and replace the SM. This brings about poor job security. If corporate thinks the contract is in danger... remove and replace the SM. If the maintenance team takes issue with SM decisions, remove and replace the SM. You're told its your business run it how you see fit. You try to work according to the Statement of Work (SOW) but the customer will always push for more. Ask you to do things that are clearly not in the contract. When you try to enforce the contract the customer complains to your ABM (corporate representative) and he makes you give them the service. That begins the spiral of non-contractual services becoming informally part of the contract and you lose money on that billable service. It's very frustrating not to mention the loads of garbage you have to endure each day.
However, if you're in a position where you need income now I would say take the job but have a back up plan in place. Continue to do your diligent job searching while employed because getting removed as a Site Manager is not a question of "if" but "When"
I really hope this helps you make an informed
  more... decision. Please consider your options very heavily before accepting a SM role with ATS. I wish you the very best and God Speed in your job search.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No management support, out of site out of mind, double standards, job security
ATS allowed me to show my worth and provided a place to grow.
Project Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2018
I've been with ATS for 8 years and it has provided me a great place to acquire experience in many different areas, and has been a great place for growth.
Pros
Healthcare, learning opportunities
Cons
Infrequent growth opportunities, insufficient dental/vision coverage
Not a bad place to work
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2018
Very challenging and everyday is different. The job is always changing, but for the best of the employee. I am just looking for room to grow. I have learned to deal with customer needs etc. It is fast paced. It is a team oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Need room to grow
Ats
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Westwego, LAJune 27, 2018
ATS is an onsite maintenance crew contractor. They believe in their people and are always there when needed. Sites differ from plant to plant, area to area. Crews may be from 2 technicians to 60 depending on size of site. Work week for manager is usually 50 to 60 hours per week to keep the plant in good running order.
poor company to work for
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Eaton) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 26, 2018
I was requested to do jobs of higher level technicians with out the pay. Always asked to work overtime at the end of shift. Never advanced notice. The management would set impossible and unrealistic goals and make guarantees to the customers that we couldn't fulfill.
Pros
Decent pay, good benifits
Cons
terrible maqnagement
Good company
Industrial Electronic Repair Technician II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
Good company, excellent team, great benefits. Pay a lot of attention to development of employees and safety. Management does a great job and a company has good corporate culture.
OK place to work
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 10, 2018
It is an ok place to work. Depends on the facility you are in since it is contract maintenance. Advancement can take years, but again, dependent on the facility and managers.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
Good for college/high school applicants
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2018
Worked as a help desk tech. Days at ATS were very routine and not too hard on most days. Training helped understand a lot of the material required to know, in a matter of days. However much of what you learn is done thru working on the job. The hard part is really just dealing with the users on the other end of the phone.

Worked as a contractor and depending on the work load of the company ATS works for, you may not work for a few days, weeks even. Breaks can be shortened depending on the workday.

You do not learn much on the job, and position advancement seems futile, but the coworkers are nice and most are friendly.
Pros
coworkers, easy to learn on the job
Cons
shortened breaks, high call volumes, mediocre health benefits
Great place to work.
Field Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 14, 2018
Every morning you start with trouble tickets. Supporting on-site and remote users on daily basis. I have gained a lot of experience working closely with Server, Network, Database admin. I have a wonderful supervisor and manager that I worked with. Always there if you need any help. It's a diverse place to work.
A good company to work for
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 9, 2018
Good management at the plant I am at. Good opportunity for improvement and development. They have a great benefits package that starts when you do. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about ATS.
ATS has great culture and room to grow
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my years with ATS. I grew greatly as a person and a professional. I was given many opportunities and advanced far. The only negative I felt was the customer. The customer is often not professional and you just have to deal with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Technology Services. Our community is ready to answer.