Advanced Technology Services Employee Reviews

Site Manager
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXJuly 11, 2018
Anyone out there considering a Site Manager role with ATS should decline immediately. I will tell you from experience the Site Manager role is the most difficult role within the company. Work life balance is terrible because you're the first line manager the customer deals with daily. You're held accountable to a standard corporate personnel are not held to. ATS has a strong culture of turning over Site Managers. This is because when the customer is dissatisfied the first thing Corporate does is remove and replace the SM. This brings about poor job security. If corporate thinks the contract is in danger... remove and replace the SM. If the maintenance team takes issue with SM decisions, remove and replace the SM. You're told its your business run it how you see fit. You try to work according to the Statement of Work (SOW) but the customer will always push for more. Ask you to do things that are clearly not in the contract. When you try to enforce the contract the customer complains to your ABM (corporate representative) and he makes you give them the service. That begins the spiral of non-contractual services becoming informally part of the contract and you lose money on that billable service. It's very frustrating not to mention the loads of garbage you have to endure each day.
However, if you're in a position where you need income now I would say take the job but have a back up plan in place. Continue to do your diligent job searching while employed because getting removed as a Site Manager is not a question of "if" but "When"
I really hope this helps you make an informed
  more... decision. Please consider your options very heavily before accepting a SM role with ATS. I wish you the very best and God Speed in your job search.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No management support, out of site out of mind, double standards, job security
ATS allowed me to show my worth and provided a place to grow.
Project Manager, IT (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 2, 2018
I've been with ATS for 8 years and it has provided me a great place to acquire experience in many different areas, and has been a great place for growth.
Pros
Healthcare, learning opportunities
Cons
Infrequent growth opportunities, insufficient dental/vision coverage
Not a bad place to work
MRO Buyer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 28, 2018
Very challenging and everyday is different. The job is always changing, but for the best of the employee. I am just looking for room to grow. I have learned to deal with customer needs etc. It is fast paced. It is a team oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Need room to grow
Ats
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Westwego, LAJune 27, 2018
ATS is an onsite maintenance crew contractor. They believe in their people and are always there when needed. Sites differ from plant to plant, area to area. Crews may be from 2 technicians to 60 depending on size of site. Work week for manager is usually 50 to 60 hours per week to keep the plant in good running order.
poor company to work for
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Eaton) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 26, 2018
I was requested to do jobs of higher level technicians with out the pay. Always asked to work overtime at the end of shift. Never advanced notice. The management would set impossible and unrealistic goals and make guarantees to the customers that we couldn't fulfill.
Pros
Decent pay, good benifits
Cons
terrible maqnagement
Good company
Industrial Electronic Repair Technician II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
Good company, excellent team, great benefits. Pay a lot of attention to development of employees and safety. Management does a great job and a company has good corporate culture.
OK place to work
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 10, 2018
It is an ok place to work. Depends on the facility you are in since it is contract maintenance. Advancement can take years, but again, dependent on the facility and managers.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
Good for college/high school applicants
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2018
Worked as a help desk tech. Days at ATS were very routine and not too hard on most days. Training helped understand a lot of the material required to know, in a matter of days. However much of what you learn is done thru working on the job. The hard part is really just dealing with the users on the other end of the phone.

Worked as a contractor and depending on the work load of the company ATS works for, you may not work for a few days, weeks even. Breaks can be shortened depending on the workday.

You do not learn much on the job, and position advancement seems futile, but the coworkers are nice and most are friendly.
Pros
coworkers, easy to learn on the job
Cons
shortened breaks, high call volumes, mediocre health benefits
Great place to work.
Field Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 14, 2018
Every morning you start with trouble tickets. Supporting on-site and remote users on daily basis. I have gained a lot of experience working closely with Server, Network, Database admin. I have a wonderful supervisor and manager that I worked with. Always there if you need any help. It's a diverse place to work.
A good company to work for
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 9, 2018
Good management at the plant I am at. Good opportunity for improvement and development. They have a great benefits package that starts when you do. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about ATS.
ATS has great culture and room to grow
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my years with ATS. I grew greatly as a person and a professional. I was given many opportunities and advanced far. The only negative I felt was the customer. The customer is often not professional and you just have to deal with it.
High turnover, mgmt clueless
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMay 4, 2018
Learned quite a bit of heat treat technology, but not the area I was interested in. Very fast paced, and stressfull. Not enough help. Advanceed tech didnt wwork well in this place being contract maintenance. Their customer was adversarial.
Management is terrible
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2018
In the year I've worked here, there has been a revolving door of employees in and out of this team. The management is the reason hands down, far too inexperienced. They like to play with scheduling and teams that work well together. Power trips from the main manager and favoritism left and right. Until new management is placed, I would avoid
Definite problems within
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 12, 2018
Will drop you at a flash because your trainer is unknowledgeable about managing. Left a paying job, had everything in storage, trainer felt intimidated because I knew more than him, so a bogus excuse came up dropped me with no cause or reason. They were unorganized in scheduling moving and start date. There is definitely a problem with this company, I WOULD NOT give up anything to work for them!!!
Pros
Cons
Unknowledgeable Management
Poor Management
Safety Coordinator / Parts Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2018
'Manager' won't take responsibility for his own short comings, rather blames others when he's caught not performing simple managerial tasks. Poor accountability and credibility.

Avoid until a new manager is in place with integrity.
Good Place to work
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cook County, ILApril 3, 2018
Helps employees in career development.

Managers works with employees as coaches.

Flexible with work timings.

Good safety culture.

Provides incentives for working safely.
High stress lack of support
Site Manitenance Manager (Former Employee) –  McQueeney, TXApril 2, 2018
Lack of management support = high stress, high hours. You are typically self directed and will not receive management support for customer relations. Also lack of ability to move up in the company.
Pros
Self empowered
Cons
No support
Advanced Technology Services
Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 20, 2018
Midsized privately held company that provides contracted services in IT, parts repair, and factory maintenance. Peoria-centric but locations across the US, Mexico, and England. Conservative culture and corporate policies. Focused on growth but impacted by customers business cycles. Turnover creates burnout and affects service delivery.
Pros
Operational safety, company growth, good coworkers, wants more accountability, wants to improve culture, customer focus
Cons
Lacks training and development, limited career advancement, no employee feedback, managers don't lead they manage, redundant company structure
Great management turnover.
Maintenance Tech II / Team Lead / Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 18, 2018
Every year or shortly after a new manager comes in and tries to reinvent the wheel. Never asks questions they just think they are the first ones to try and fix what isn't even broken.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
work you everyday when busy and lay you off when slow. No loyalty to employees.
worst company ever
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2018
very bad place to work mangers hide in their office and you come into work and don't know whats the plan for today. Its a big joke and if you say anything to HR about management then you will be fired or moved. This was the worst company I've ever worked for !
Pros
you'll never see the boss
Cons
everyday you'll never know whats going on

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Technology Services. Our community is ready to answer.