Advanced Technology Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good for college/high school applicants
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2018
Worked as a help desk tech. Days at ATS were very routine and not too hard on most days. Training helped understand a lot of the material required to know, in a matter of days. However much of what you learn is done thru working on the job. The hard part is really just dealing with the users on the other end of the phone.

Worked as a contractor and depending on the work load of the company ATS works for, you may not work for a few days, weeks even. Breaks can be shortened depending on the workday.

You do not learn much on the job, and position advancement seems futile, but the coworkers are nice and most are friendly.
Pros
coworkers, easy to learn on the job
Cons
shortened breaks, high call volumes, mediocre health benefits
Great place to work.
Field Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 14, 2018
Every morning you start with trouble tickets. Supporting on-site and remote users on daily basis. I have gained a lot of experience working closely with Server, Network, Database admin. I have a wonderful supervisor and manager that I worked with. Always there if you need any help. It's a diverse place to work.
A good company to work for
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 9, 2018
Good management at the plant I am at. Good opportunity for improvement and development. They have a great benefits package that starts when you do. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about ATS.
ATS has great culture and room to grow
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my years with ATS. I grew greatly as a person and a professional. I was given many opportunities and advanced far. The only negative I felt was the customer. The customer is often not professional and you just have to deal with it.
High turnover, mgmt clueless
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCMay 4, 2018
Learned quite a bit of heat treat technology, but not the area I was interested in. Very fast paced, and stressfull. Not enough help. Advanceed tech didnt wwork well in this place being contract maintenance. Their customer was adversarial.
Management is terrible
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2018
In the year I've worked here, there has been a revolving door of employees in and out of this team. The management is the reason hands down, far too inexperienced. They like to play with scheduling and teams that work well together. Power trips from the main manager and favoritism left and right. Until new management is placed, I would avoid
Definite problems within
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 12, 2018
Will drop you at a flash because your trainer is unknowledgeable about managing. Left a paying job, had everything in storage, trainer felt intimidated because I knew more than him, so a bogus excuse came up dropped me with no cause or reason. They were unorganized in scheduling moving and start date. There is definitely a problem with this company, I WOULD NOT give up anything to work for them!!!
Pros
Cons
Unknowledgeable Management
Poor Management
Safety Coordinator / Parts Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2018
'Manager' won't take responsibility for his own short comings, rather blames others when he's caught not performing simple managerial tasks. Poor accountability and credibility.

Avoid until a new manager is in place with integrity.
Good Place to work
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cook County, ILApril 3, 2018
Helps employees in career development.

Managers works with employees as coaches.

Flexible with work timings.

Good safety culture.

Provides incentives for working safely.
High stress lack of support
Site Manitenance Manager (Former Employee) –  McQueeney, TXApril 2, 2018
Lack of management support = high stress, high hours. You are typically self directed and will not receive management support for customer relations. Also lack of ability to move up in the company.
Pros
Self empowered
Cons
No support
Advanced Technology Services
Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 20, 2018
Midsized privately held company that provides contracted services in IT, parts repair, and factory maintenance. Peoria-centric but locations across the US, Mexico, and England. Conservative culture and corporate policies. Focused on growth but impacted by customers business cycles. Turnover creates burnout and affects service delivery.
Pros
Operational safety, company growth, good coworkers, wants more accountability, wants to improve culture, customer focus
Cons
Lacks training and development, limited career advancement, no employee feedback, managers don't lead they manage, redundant company structure
Great management turnover.
Maintenance Tech II / Team Lead / Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 18, 2018
Every year or shortly after a new manager comes in and tries to reinvent the wheel. Never asks questions they just think they are the first ones to try and fix what isn't even broken.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
work you everyday when busy and lay you off when slow. No loyalty to employees.
worst company ever
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2018
very bad place to work mangers hide in their office and you come into work and don't know whats the plan for today. Its a big joke and if you say anything to HR about management then you will be fired or moved. This was the worst company I've ever worked for !
Pros
you'll never see the boss
Cons
everyday you'll never know whats going on
Management does not care for any one
Repair and Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Mossville, ILMarch 15, 2018
Management cares only about themselves. You are nothing but a number. If you make one mistake they will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Management, Advancement, pay, benefits
No Advancement, Poor Management, Hostile work environment. Unsafe workers.
Lead Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2018
Speaks for its self. Mistake on my behalf for excepting the offer to work at such an unprofessional environment. They will pretty much hire anyone. they lack the ability to properly interview.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management and individuals lack of experience
Stressful
Maintenance Technician II / CNC Technician (Current Employee) –  Water Valley, MS 38965March 7, 2018
high pace and stressful, no outside life because you work so many hours and days, long hours which can vary depending on who you are, management only cares about how they look and do not take care of the employee
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work hours, and no advancement
Entertaining
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work, management let you know what needed to get done and then let you complete the task. They didn't push you or look over your shoulder, they had complete confidence in the work force.
Loved my job but had some cons
Maintenance Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Loved my job, my hours, and my benefits but the management is what killed it for me. They care more about the way they look then helping out employs. There always trying catch someone doing something wrong then to appreciate what employs did right. They will low ball the heck out of compensation and make excuses about it all day.
Pros
Benefita and hours
Great company to work
Senior Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenolden, PAFebruary 19, 2018
A company focus on safety, very good training structure, company that is very difficult to get fired unless you fire yourself. Supervisor always willing to give you training and they like to keep their employees trained and prepared to the job at hand.
Pros
training and advancedment
Cons
manager not always around
Pay for performance company
Site Manager Senior (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 15, 2018
If you are willing to move you can move up. If not you are stuck. They are demanding but sometimes loose site of the people that do the actual work.
Pros
Small company they know everybody, stock options
Cons
Small company, they never forget any mistake you made