Advanced Technology Services Management reviews

Not for the faint of heart
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 11, 2018
The company is a factory maintenance/industrial parts repair supplier, they should stay with that. They really do not understand the meaning of "world-class" service desk delivery. You cant be partially in the IT Services industry, it takes a major commitment to be the best and ATS is split in to many directions.
It's not that they don't try, but poor management and lack of focus and direction has led them to underperform and miss SLA's on large contracts. That is recipe for disaster.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits. Nice facility/office in schaumburg.
Cons
Disengaged management and lack of overall leadership.
Review of Management
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Belmond, IAJuly 23, 2018
Overall a okay company to work for, some locations better then others but hard to move up and top levels want to run the site operations from corporate office.
Site Manager
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TXJuly 11, 2018
Anyone out there considering a Site Manager role with ATS should decline immediately. I will tell you from experience the Site Manager role is the most difficult role within the company. Work life balance is terrible because you're the first line manager the customer deals with daily. You're held accountable to a standard corporate personnel are not held to. ATS has a strong culture of turning over Site Managers. This is because when the customer is dissatisfied the first thing Corporate does is remove and replace the SM. This brings about poor job security. If corporate thinks the contract is in danger... remove and replace the SM. If the maintenance team takes issue with SM decisions, remove and replace the SM. You're told its your business run it how you see fit. You try to work according to the Statement of Work (SOW) but the customer will always push for more. Ask you to do things that are clearly not in the contract. When you try to enforce the contract the customer complains to your ABM (corporate representative) and he makes you give them the service. That begins the spiral of non-contractual services becoming informally part of the contract and you lose money on that billable service. It's very frustrating not to mention the loads of garbage you have to endure each day.
However, if you're in a position where you need income now I would say take the job but have a back up plan in place. Continue to do your diligent job searching while employed because getting removed as a Site Manager is not a question of "if" but "When"
I really hope this helps you make an informed
  more... decision. Please consider your options very heavily before accepting a SM role with ATS. I wish you the very best and God Speed in your job search.  less
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No management support, out of site out of mind, double standards, job security
poor company to work for
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Eaton) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 26, 2018
I was requested to do jobs of higher level technicians with out the pay. Always asked to work overtime at the end of shift. Never advanced notice. The management would set impossible and unrealistic goals and make guarantees to the customers that we couldn't fulfill.
Pros
Decent pay, good benifits
Cons
terrible maqnagement
Good company
Industrial Electronic Repair Technician II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
Good company, excellent team, great benefits. Pay a lot of attention to development of employees and safety. Management does a great job and a company has good corporate culture.
OK place to work
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 10, 2018
It is an ok place to work. Depends on the facility you are in since it is contract maintenance. Advancement can take years, but again, dependent on the facility and managers.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
A good company to work for
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 9, 2018
Good management at the plant I am at. Good opportunity for improvement and development. They have a great benefits package that starts when you do. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about ATS.
Management is terrible
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2018
In the year I've worked here, there has been a revolving door of employees in and out of this team. The management is the reason hands down, far too inexperienced. They like to play with scheduling and teams that work well together. Power trips from the main manager and favoritism left and right. Until new management is placed, I would avoid
Definite problems within
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 12, 2018
Will drop you at a flash because your trainer is unknowledgeable about managing. Left a paying job, had everything in storage, trainer felt intimidated because I knew more than him, so a bogus excuse came up dropped me with no cause or reason. They were unorganized in scheduling moving and start date. There is definitely a problem with this company, I WOULD NOT give up anything to work for them!!!
Pros
Cons
Unknowledgeable Management
Poor Management
Safety Coordinator / Parts Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 10, 2018
'Manager' won't take responsibility for his own short comings, rather blames others when he's caught not performing simple managerial tasks. Poor accountability and credibility.

Avoid until a new manager is in place with integrity.

Want to know more about Advanced Technology Services?

Ask a question
High stress lack of support
Site Manitenance Manager (Former Employee) –  McQueeney, TXApril 2, 2018
Lack of management support = high stress, high hours. You are typically self directed and will not receive management support for customer relations. Also lack of ability to move up in the company.
Pros
Self empowered
Cons
No support
worst company ever
Technician (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2018
very bad place to work mangers hide in their office and you come into work and don't know whats the plan for today. Its a big joke and if you say anything to HR about management then you will be fired or moved. This was the worst company I've ever worked for !
Pros
you'll never see the boss
Cons
everyday you'll never know whats going on
Management does not care for any one
Repair and Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Mossville, ILMarch 15, 2018
Management cares only about themselves. You are nothing but a number. If you make one mistake they will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Management, Advancement, pay, benefits
No Advancement, Poor Management, Hostile work environment. Unsafe workers.
Lead Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2018
Speaks for its self. Mistake on my behalf for excepting the offer to work at such an unprofessional environment. They will pretty much hire anyone. they lack the ability to properly interview.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management and individuals lack of experience
Stressful
Maintenance Technician II / CNC Technician (Current Employee) –  Water Valley, MS 38965March 7, 2018
high pace and stressful, no outside life because you work so many hours and days, long hours which can vary depending on who you are, management only cares about how they look and do not take care of the employee
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work hours, and no advancement
Entertaining
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toccoa, GAMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work, management let you know what needed to get done and then let you complete the task. They didn't push you or look over your shoulder, they had complete confidence in the work force.
Loved my job but had some cons
Maintenance Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Loved my job, my hours, and my benefits but the management is what killed it for me. They care more about the way they look then helping out employs. There always trying catch someone doing something wrong then to appreciate what employs did right. They will low ball the heck out of compensation and make excuses about it all day.
Pros
Benefita and hours
Horrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 10, 2018
The facility that I worked in was nasty and just a mess. I constantly had to fix machines that the technicians messed up because they didn't want to work. The management at the site was horrible and my manager was a jerk.
Pros
Cons
everything
long days inexperienced management
Maintenance Technician, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJanuary 4, 2018
I was normally covered from head to toe in grease within 1 hour of being there but my new boss was more concerned as to whether my shirt was tucked in or not.
Cut throat place to work. You better be buddy buddy with management and safety.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 1, 2017
If you don't become good friends with your manager your not going to make it very far. They don't give the employees raises that deserve it but, the employees that are brown nosers or cry wolf constantly. Safety is so non-forgiving that employees are scared to report a paper cut because, they don't want to get fired over it. If you do go to work for ATS watch your back and make sure you suck up to your boss also, don't expect the truth out of any management personal because they are taught at corporate how to lie to their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Technology Services. Our community is ready to answer.