Advanced Technology Services Pay & Benefits reviews

To much manditory overtime.
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Very poor working conditions. Exposed to hazardous materials. Long and unsafe working conditions. Management seems unsure of themselves when asked a question concerning work schedules.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Bad management, poor working conditions.
Potential
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2 (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NESeptember 14, 2018
If they would just do what they say they are going to do it would be a great company to work for. But Management are pencil pushers that don't really know what they are doing. Butt kissers are rewarded while the guys that are actually working and fixing things are being ignored. They want open communication but only if it is praising something. Promise training but don't deliver
Cons
benefits are good, but could be better
Productive and fast paced.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiAugust 13, 2018
Very fast but tiring workday. Great pay for job title and good atmosphere. I would be happy to work for this company again in the future if opportunity was presented in my area,
Pros
Free lunches often
Cons
long workday
Not for the faint of heart
Service Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 11, 2018
The company is a factory maintenance/industrial parts repair supplier, they should stay with that. They really do not understand the meaning of "world-class" service desk delivery. You cant be partially in the IT Services industry, it takes a major commitment to be the best and ATS is split in to many directions.
It's not that they don't try, but poor management and lack of focus and direction has led them to underperform and miss SLA's on large contracts. That is recipe for disaster.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits. Nice facility/office in schaumburg.
Cons
Disengaged management and lack of overall leadership.
Large disconnect between corporate office and on-site
Emissions Repair Specialist & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 31, 2018
Over all they aren't bad to work for. the people are great the pay is fair. There really isn't a lot of opportunity for career growth particularly if you're working on site. As a contract/agency company your career is heavily influenced by your customer. While ATS does annual reviews and discuss career path the company you're working for will ultimately decide your pay, raises and promotions. This makes it very hard to break out into new roles or advance in current roles.
poor company to work for
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Eaton) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 26, 2018
I was requested to do jobs of higher level technicians with out the pay. Always asked to work overtime at the end of shift. Never advanced notice. The management would set impossible and unrealistic goals and make guarantees to the customers that we couldn't fulfill.
Pros
Decent pay, good benifits
Cons
terrible maqnagement
Good company
Industrial Electronic Repair Technician II (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 14, 2018
Good company, excellent team, great benefits. Pay a lot of attention to development of employees and safety. Management does a great job and a company has good corporate culture.
Good for college/high school applicants
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2018
Worked as a help desk tech. Days at ATS were very routine and not too hard on most days. Training helped understand a lot of the material required to know, in a matter of days. However much of what you learn is done thru working on the job. The hard part is really just dealing with the users on the other end of the phone.

Worked as a contractor and depending on the work load of the company ATS works for, you may not work for a few days, weeks even. Breaks can be shortened depending on the workday.

You do not learn much on the job, and position advancement seems futile, but the coworkers are nice and most are friendly.
Pros
coworkers, easy to learn on the job
Cons
shortened breaks, high call volumes, mediocre health benefits
A good company to work for
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 9, 2018
Good management at the plant I am at. Good opportunity for improvement and development. They have a great benefits package that starts when you do. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about ATS.
Great management turnover.
Maintenance Tech II / Team Lead / Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 18, 2018
Every year or shortly after a new manager comes in and tries to reinvent the wheel. Never asks questions they just think they are the first ones to try and fix what isn't even broken.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
work you everyday when busy and lay you off when slow. No loyalty to employees.
Management does not care for any one
Repair and Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Mossville, ILMarch 15, 2018
Management cares only about themselves. You are nothing but a number. If you make one mistake they will throw you under the bus to save themselves. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Management, Advancement, pay, benefits
No Advancement, Poor Management, Hostile work environment. Unsafe workers.
Lead Technician II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 13, 2018
Speaks for its self. Mistake on my behalf for excepting the offer to work at such an unprofessional environment. They will pretty much hire anyone. they lack the ability to properly interview.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management and individuals lack of experience
Stressful
Maintenance Technician II / CNC Technician (Current Employee) –  Water Valley, MS 38965March 7, 2018
high pace and stressful, no outside life because you work so many hours and days, long hours which can vary depending on who you are, management only cares about how they look and do not take care of the employee
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
work hours, and no advancement
Loved my job but had some cons
Maintenance Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Loved my job, my hours, and my benefits but the management is what killed it for me. They care more about the way they look then helping out employs. There always trying catch someone doing something wrong then to appreciate what employs did right. They will low ball the heck out of compensation and make excuses about it all day.
Pros
Benefita and hours
Cons
good
Senior Consulting Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 8, 2018
Good company with good benefits and pay scales. Good communications, leadership, training, advancement, culture, and time off. Very strong professional teams.
Good company for Technician
Integrated Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Working in ATS requires self-discipline and open minded. I learn a lot of stuff on my own pace using company's learning website. the workplace culture is conservative but you can still speak out if you want. the career path is clear depending on what department you are in.
Pros
flexible hours, good manager
Cons
no annual bonus, salary hasn't increased for 3 yrs
Great group of people.
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILNovember 13, 2017
I would not say the company does not care about you. I would say they do care more about their customer. For the most part I'm taken care of. If I need a day off out of nowhere, no problem. We're all people there. It just seems contracts and benefits seems to favor the company (and customer) more and more every year. I still work here. I still plan to work here until I find something better, and there are plenty of jobs I could apply for.
benefits
Cons
More care about the $ than you.
Cut throat place to work. You better be buddy buddy with management and safety.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 1, 2017
If you don't become good friends with your manager your not going to make it very far. They don't give the employees raises that deserve it but, the employees that are brown nosers or cry wolf constantly. Safety is so non-forgiving that employees are scared to report a paper cut because, they don't want to get fired over it. If you do go to work for ATS watch your back and make sure you suck up to your boss also, don't expect the truth out of any management personal because they are taught at corporate how to lie to their employees.
Great work place
MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Warm Springs, GAOctober 13, 2017
Ats it's a great company to work for. Great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Sharpen skills if wanted at your on pace. Teams are selected to fit customers needs. Skilled team members are always at reach 24hrs if help is needed.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Locations-Transfers
Concerned about budget rather than staff, good benefits though
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 7, 2017
Where I'm at now, the current contract with the customer was underbid. Not enough people for the amount of equipment we're responsible for, and it shows - we're thinking the customer will not renew the contract. Raises were pushed back this year. Seems like they hire almost anyone to work as long as they are a "warm body". Good benefits - insurance is BCBS, 401k, 2 weeks vacation (3 weeks at 5 years), option to take holiday pay or a floating holiday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Technology Services. Our community is ready to answer.