advanced therapy Employee Reviews

may be a place to get experience but not recommended
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 2, 2018
I found some of the coworkers and middle management were easy to work with. upper management seemed to have lost touch with their employees needs and were not open to changes. many times teachers and assistants were left to fend for themselves. It became more about money and getting children in seats than about the welfare of the children themselves.
Pros
helping children excel
Cons
lack of PTO and compensation, lack of understanding from upper management
Management is all over the place. They never know what's going on. They use you for what they need, and then throw you away like trash!!!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 14, 2018
Not a good place to work. The pay is horrible and management is all over the place. They just use you and throw you away like trash!!! Do not recommend!!!!
Cons
Poor pay
great working with kids poor pay and management
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 20, 2017
I love the companies role in the lives of children and to be able to help. Unfortunately the pay is not good especially when travelling. They do not reimburse for mileage or gas. They will also cut your hours if you work over 30 hours a week even if it is 30 min.
Poor management
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hudson Falls, NYAugust 9, 2017
Information was given, but then changed or forgotten, putting the employee at fault. Not enough supervisory support. Talked at or down to, not with. Company cuts corners that aren't on the up and up. The kids are always the best part of the job.
Pros
Salary, school holiday schedule
Cons
management, lack of supervision, dishonesty
Great opportunity to utilize OT skills and to assist student in reaching their maximum functional potential using variety or practice frameworks, SI,
Staff OTR (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2017
Typical day involved providing direct service, consultation, presentations to staff and in classroom and regular supervision and training to COTAs. The most enjoyable part of the job as in working with students. The most difficult was the significant amount of paperwork and documentation, often required to be completed during non-working hours.
Pros
very dynamic environment with opportunities to colloborate with all staff, able to utilize a variety of practice frameworks, continued screenings and evaluation and annual review documentation
Cons
slight difference in philosophical approaches
It's okay
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 5, 2017
It's an alright workplace. There's nothing much I have to say about it. They are an agency that hired me to work at an elementary school independent from them.
Fun, Energetic Environment!
Teacher's Assistant - Universal Pre- K (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12209June 22, 2016
Love working here! The kids are great! I look forward to coming into work everyday and that's a great thing to feel!
Advanced Therapy Solutions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 28, 2016
Advanced Therapy was more then just work, it was like a second family. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. The bosses will go above and beyond for you, it doesn't matter if you are a therapist or an office work. They are very flexible with schedules.
Beautiful work place
Director of Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 16, 2016
Fun work environment with family feeling to work place. A typical work day would be between 8 and 15 patients of mixed agree and ethnicities.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
too many hours
A great place to work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 27, 2014
Advanced Therapy Solutions is a privately owned therapy company. Within the last 10 years I have advanced my career and knowledge with the leadership of the owners. Everyone that we hire has the attitude that the patients come first and work together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is managing four locations with a fifth one about to open and the long hours that is required. The most enjoyable part about my job is having the knowledge to perform my job well and the work relationships that I have with my co workers.
Pros
Continuing education, positive work environment
Great work environment
Occupational Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 28, 2014
Advanced Therapy Center allows employees to learn and work in a non-threatening environment.
management does not care about their employees
COTA (Former Employee) –  Catskill ChathamSeptember 15, 2013
No job security. They do not have their employees backs will leave you out in the cold. Keep all e mails and have everything in writing before you agree to anything
Pros
loved working wifh children
Cons
no job security have to make sure everything is in writing
fun workplace!!!
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 23, 2013
a typical day at work was always fun and exciting.
co workers were always great team players. management needs some improvement.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no healthcare benefits
stressful, physically demanding therapy job
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 25, 2012
I drive to 3 different schools, hauling toys and equipment to each location. I provide therapy services in whatever room is available to me at the time; a library, a cafeteria, a hallway, a stage, etc. I rarely see co-workers. Interacting with the children I treat is the most enjoyable part of my day.
The hardest parts of my job are the psychological stresses of being the middle-man between a school district and a therapy company without the real support of either; being assigned too large a caseload to effectively carry over and follow through with the needs of each student and the fear of losing my job if I cannot "hack it," coupled with the physical demands of hauling equipment while rushing between schools. Resources such as a computer are not readily available, although required to complete manadatory notes and paperwork on a daily basis.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough paperwork time allotted during 40-hour week, consistently working unpaid overtime
Caring, Nurturing, Organized and Professional work place
Clinical Manager of Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 15, 2012
Dedicated & knowledgable staff; supportive administration; dedicated to the education of children with special needs; sensitive to family needs; excellent evaluation teams; highly organized administrative assistance staff and coordinators of clinical services
Pros
supportive of employees and their family
Cons
inconsistent with expectations of size of caseload