Advanced Travel Nursing

Advanced Travel Nursing Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
When i first ventured into the world of travel nursing, I didnt know a whole lot. I was young, adventurous, and jet-set on creating a life for myself. However, the single piece of advice I did happen to hear time and again is that your recruiter is your life line. Maybe even your best friend. And wow, did I under estimate that.Lora Deane, i hope wherever you are you can see this. You were my rock when i sought strength and my brightest light when
things got dark. Im so glad I had you around!!!
Pros
Great staff/recruiters, good pay in rural areas
Cons
Low pay in hawaii
April 30, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are thrilled to hear you had a great connection and experience with your recruiter! Lora Deane is wonderful at what she does! At Advanced we truly believe our travelers are a part of our family. We hope to get to work with you again soon and wish you luck on wherever life takes you next!
I am a newer nurse with one year of externship in critical care and one year of experience as a medical surgical nurse in a large hospital. I recently moved to hawaii on January 1, I am getting nervous about finding a job here. How quickly was Advanced Travel able to place you?
good small company with good pay and great staff. reccomend. not as many jobs as the big guys but pays well and still has great options. if you only want big name cities this might not be the place for you. there were some but not all
Not sure this is the company that I worked for as it was not called Advanced Travel, but Advanced Surgical so I will hold any further comments but I need to meet the 150 character requirement.
What I enjoy most about working for Advanced is the experience I've gained in the healthcare industry. My job is both challenging and rewarding. Management allows me freedom to do what I need to attain goals and I don't feel as if I'm under a microscope. I like where I work.
June 10, 2019
Thanks for the shout out, we LOVE hearing from our internal employees. Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy you are gaining experience in healthcare and have the tools, training, and leadership to be successful!
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Unprofessional. They lack leadership.It is a pool of favoritism.There retention rate is less than 5%.Sexist comments.Age driven comments.Nobody respects the manager because she isn’t there for people to succeed.She sits in her office socializing more with her peeps than anything else.A puppet for her crew.She does not respond to emails.Texts.IM’s.When you express she walks by you for weeks without acknowledging you, she makes snide comments to alienate you more.Lunches for employees are to drink.Team leads are present though director requested no drinking.They get high. If the police searched the lot they would lose most the office.There are in office affairs and only consequences to the new not the ‘senior’ team members that has been in multiple affairs.you are told not to talk about or you will be fired.person having affairs held to different standards because he has a family.They will have you build nurses.When you don’t make it they give to your team leads which is conflict.If you don’t have a team lead it doesn’t go to them it goes to people that couldn’t maintain business without constant handouts.More than half the office is looking for jobs and fear to say anything.even couple top producers.To many other great companies that will help you.Build their teams.Keep looking they will not invest.
Pros
Music and makes it go by fast
Cons
Everything else
May 31, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience. We strive to provide a fair environment with motivating leadership and are true to our core values. We have zero tolerance for drug use in the office. Please reach out to our HR department directly if willing, we would love to have a verbal conversation to gain more insight.
Advanced has the best selection of local nursing positions, as well as great travel jobs. Great benefits. Outstanding pay. AMAZING health insurance, which is rare for travel companies. My recruiter never ceases to amaze me.
June 12, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this positive review. We are so happy to hear you've found some great local positions with us. We appreciate all you do and aim to provide you with the best pay and benefits!
Advanced makes me truly feel that i am a valued employee and person. My recruiter is more than just a recruiter, I consider her to be a good friend. The benefits are excellent and don't make you give up anything in comparison to being a staff nurse.
Pros
Great benefits and recruiters that feel like family
June 12, 2019
We are so happy to hear you and your recruiter are good friends. We value all of our travelers and the work they do and work hard to ensure you are reaching all of your goals. Thanks again for the shout-out!
Revolving door job, with a poor company culture, terrible management with no sense of direction, and bad office moral. This all comes at a fantastic starting salary of 36k a year to keep you "hungry". If you love being micro managed and treated like a child, please apply immediately.
Pros
going home every day and looking for new jobs on indeed
Cons
everything. seriously run.
October 8, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry your experience at Advanced wasn't a positive one. We appreciation you highlighting that the Career Consultant role is a challenging sales position, and just like any sales role an employee must be hitting goals. As for our training it is ongoing as there is so much to be learned on the job, but we recognize there is always room for improvement.
Best of luck in your future endeavors.
A typical day at work would be getting daily tasks completed in a timely manor, dealing with co-workers and customers stress in a proper way to calm any situation.
Hardest part about a job is to not fulfill some ones needs.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Unknown
Basic position. Little to no administrative responsibilities. Managed occupancy of the Price Institute of Research - who had offices, when/where. Order supplies.
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring position
The company tries to create a work environment to help with the challenges of the competitive nature of recruitment. The have happy hour Fridays and overall they hire great people to work with and on the nursing side the manager is amazing.
Pros
Great team enviroment and lots of potential.
Cons
High turnover.
The Employees were great and the culture was perfect, however the management did very little in regards to training thus created high turnover. If they took time to develop their people they would have a good company.
Pros
culture
Cons
High Layoffs
Difficult place to succeed, not a lot of clear direction and feedback, cut throat, must maintain a certain number of travelers in order to keep your job
My experience with Advanced Travel Nursing has been a positive one. My recruiter has worked hard for me and has made sure to place me in a facility that is a safe environment to work.
October 10, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive feedback! Our recruiters work hard to find the best job fits for their nurses. We hope to work with you again soon!
I have worked in several roles for many companies in the staffing industry and can honestly say working at Advanced is by far the best work experience I've ever had.

There's never a dull moment. The office is always buzzing with energy and we have new projects we're working on weekly.

The culture is great. The company fosters a team environment and the team I'm a part of is one of the best teams I've ever been a part of.
Pros
Energetic environment, great incentives and benefits
A lot of opportunity for growth if you have what it takes. Generally is going atmosphere, management sets you up for success. Need the drive to do well in the industry. Coffee is for closers.
get to meet people on different aspects of life. Able to help people to teach them to assist themselves, also to help those that could not help themselves
Pros
great pay
Cons
travel
Awesome company to work for, but too small. Management allows you to run your own business. Great medical devices to sell, A place to work if you like a balance between work and family.
Pros
medical device driven
Cons
not for lazy people
Unreachable expectations. Little resources to reach ridiculous goals of company. Management won't help when you ask for it.
Pros
nice office
Cons
Unuspportive management
In this job I learned a lot of customer service and how to multi task and work at a high speed. Everyone will work in a team which I enjoy to work with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Travel Nursing. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3