Advanced Travel Therapy Employee Reviews

Extremely Happy with Advanced
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Great pay and insurance benefits.
Great 401k with company match, but you have to wait 90 days (Or about one 13-week contract) before you are eligible.
I’ve never been without work when I wanted it.
Recruiter is easy to reach and is always available to help with any issues.
Pros
see above
I found my travel company
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2018
I've traveled off and on with several companies and I can easily say Advanced is the best around. They really know the world of travel therapy. My recruiter always has my best interest in mind at all times and it's great to know she has my back. They guide you through the entire process and are always positive. I highly recommend Advanced if you’re looking for a travel therapy company you can trust.
Pros
Great benefits and rectruiters
Great company for travel health professionals
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
I’ve been contracting with Advanced for about 1.5-2 years now and have nothing but great things to say. My recruiter is very accessible, friendly, stays on top of everything and has great communication. I needed a very specific location and time frame and they worked hard to make it happen. I highly recommend Advanced to anyone looking into traveling health care.
Pros
Trustworthy and good pay
Beware!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 24, 2018
Therapists: My recommendation would be to ask A LOT of questions before you commit to any contract with this company. My recruiter, in his enthusiasm to lock down the contract, indicated to me only one location for which I was responsible.

I later learned 1) I had two buildings which were 30 minutes apart. 2) I would not be paid fully for the first four hours of work in EACH building. 3) I did not qualify for all benefits during this contract.

I have since found other companies which will put therapists first. I have also discovered other recruiters with other companies will be upfront about details of the contract before asking you to commit. This experience was a learning experience for me. Companies don't make money unless we are doing the heavy work for them, so put yourself first. This company certainly will not practice business that way.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Recruiter will not divulge information pertinent to the assignment unless you request it
My recruiter was phenomenal and always available to help when work become stressful
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 23, 2018
The placement I received required high productivity which became stressful with time and difficult to manage. The company I contracted with held the “traveler expense” over my head weekly. My recruiter was extremely helpful and calm in every situation; Very friendly and never pushy.
Cons
Medicare/Medicaid pushing productivity
Very happy with advanced
Travel Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2018
Working with advanced i have a great recruiter who takes good care of me and helps me with my next destination of work. She makes the experience less stressful and is always there to help when needed.
Pros
Amazing recruiter named Sarah
Cons
No PTO
Awesome
OTR/L (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 2, 2018
Great travel company! Always was able to find work with Advanced and provided competitive wages. Recruiter was amazing and very helpful. Can’t say enough about this company
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your great feedback of us. We so appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience!

great recruiter
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2018
My recruiter Kristie is the best! Honestly, it's more about the recruiter than the company and Advanced has great recruiters. I would rather work with someone I can trust and respect than another company that pays better.
Pros
good communication and transparency
Cons
pay is fair but not the most competitive
October 10, 2018

Thanks for the great review. We agree, Kristie is a wonderful recruiter!

Recruiter/Career Consultant
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 21, 2018
I learned a lot about sales at my time at Advanced but there are some fundamental issues with the way the company is ran. For an entry level position it was worth the time, but the longevity of working there is almost non-existent.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We realize this is a tough sales job and that the metrics are aggressive but we have confidence that every new Career Consultant has the ability to reach goal!

Great company!
Travel Physical Therapist Assistant (Inpatient) (Former Employee) –  IdahoAugust 30, 2018
My recruiter was great and attentive to all needs while on contract! I would definitely work with this company again in the future. cons: lack of contracts compared to other companies
October 10, 2018

We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience with us and your recruiter! We will continue to build our PTA contract pipeline!

Go with Core Medical Group instead
Traveling Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLAugust 17, 2018
I started with Advanced Medical as a travel physical therapist assistant, and was only with them for 4 months. The reason? My recruiter. I never felt like she actually cared about me or getting me a rotation. After she dropped the ball way too many times I switched to Core Medical Group, and have been happy ever since.
Pros
Travel, Benefits, More pay than a permanent job
Cons
Recruiter, Not being made a priority
August 30, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We regret that you did not have a more positive experience. We pride ourselves in hiring the best when it comes to not only Clinicians, but recruiters as well. Would you be open to sharing your honest feedback with a member of our management team? Please email us at info@gowithadvanced.com or call 888-756-0605 and ask for Kate Hawes.

Good travel company
TRAVELING SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 23, 2018
Advanced Medical is a good travel company to work with. Their recruiting/management team was very supportive with good follow through. They provide good compensation
October 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review! We pride ourselves in our follow-through. Hope to work with you again soon.

Good for travel
Physical Therapist Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Nation WideMay 28, 2018
You have to have a strong background of how travel therapy works to not be taken advantage of by the company. Promises made and money missed/lost while with this company.
Pros
Travel to different states
Cons
They don’t back up their promises of reimbursement
October 11, 2018

It sounds like maybe you had a situation where you felt intentionally misled, which is a violation of our core values at Advanced. Did you speak with anyone from management about your situation? Please give us a call and ask for Kate Hawes because we would very much like to know further details.

Good
SLP (Current Employee) –  Seattle areaMay 26, 2018
Advanced tapped into my willingness to relocate after grad school, helping me be more selective in my first SLP job. My recruiter is awesome, with the right amount of support, available and not in my face all the time. The pay is slightly higher than if I weren't contract with them, but their benefits were the right mix for me.
Pros
Solid support for CF year.
October 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the great feedback of our SLP Clinical Fellowship Program. We love Clinical Fellows so we try to get them the best benefits in the industry! Thanks again for working with us.

Recruiters - do not work here
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 18, 2018
I've been recruiting for 15+ years when I worked here. I was excited that AMPS is family run. But, I was let go without warning. I learned in my 6 months there that terminating recruiters is a daily/weekly/regular occurrence. Its a pitiful company, could care less about its employees, just the bottom dollar to feed the family. Had I known this companies trend I would not have wasted my time.
Pros
Occasionally let you go home early on Fridays, if you're chosen
Cons
No conscience.Not a place for tenured recruiters.
Run fast and far.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 20, 2018
I worked as a travel Occupational Therapist with this company. I had been doing travel therapy for approximately 2 and a half years prior to signing on with them. They were awful in so many ways. Super lack of organization. Even my co-workers at the assignment told me to find a new company to work under because of the difficulties I had with Advance.
Don't even give them your phone number unless you want to be bombarded with their recruiters calling. Even when you ask or tell them not to contact you they continue.....for years. Yes, literally years. They DO have an official DO NOT CALL list. However, you must speak to the recruiter's supervisor and use some strong words for that to happen.

Words of advice for people thinking about getting involved in travel therapy.

These companies need us much more than we need them or they wouldn't pay so many people to sit at a desk and aggravate therapists all day. Do not ever let them make you forget how much you and your skill sets are worth!

Travel is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Look at the details and think about it. They will try to pressure you to get you to agree to their deal verbally. Don't. Ask lots of questions. Carefully look at the pros and cons before they even draw up your contract.

Don't let them con you with the whole state licensure thing. They will pay for it (and other fees) and "help" you get the necessary papers in order. Applying for state licensure is easy. If a person needs assistance the therapy board of that state is generally very helpful. The travel company is just a paid middle man who complicates
  more... everything.  less
Pros
I was sent to a nice city for work.
Cons
Terribly disorganized. Questionable ethics. Disrespectful of their employees.
Fake and low pay, built to use you and let you go.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 14, 2018
Just a fast revolving door, they make a lot of excuses but its poor management, sales doesn't mean no one makes it past 90 days or wants to stay. If you don't try to fit the mold, they will give you boot and pass your travelers up to the people they do like.
Pros
Free coffee, but its kinda gross the machine is nasty
Cons
No benefits till 90 days low pay
Too many unpleasant surprises....
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST TRAVELLER (Former Employee) –  Hixson and South Pittsburg, TNMarch 21, 2018
My first contract was cut short by half when the OT who was waiting to find out if they passed the reg exam, and who had been hired before I was placed there, started work. I was left w/o work for 2 wks; then was placed at a faclity with a 55 minute commute, which I had to take in order to work/pay bills. The reimbursement is never as lucrative as travel companies make it out to be.
Pros
found a perm job on my last placement
Cons
duplication of paperwork to get started and delays were frustrating.
good
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Connelly Springs, NCMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with them. They are cooperative and willing to work with you. Would like to continue working for them in my current geographic location.
October 11, 2018

Thanks for your positive review! We hope to continue to work with you as well!

Good and bad like all jobs
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port OrangeMarch 8, 2018
Great way to make excellent money but jaw dropping unprofessional environment. Managers accept bribes for leads and are never available to help. Training is a joke.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Travel Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2