Advanced Travel Therapy Employee Reviews

Beware!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 24, 2018
Therapists: My recommendation would be to ask A LOT of questions before you commit to any contract with this company. My recruiter, in his enthusiasm to lock down the contract, indicated to me only one location for which I was responsible.

I later learned 1) I had two buildings which were 30 minutes apart. 2) I would not be paid fully for the first four hours of work in EACH building. 3) I did not qualify for all benefits during this contract.

I have since found other companies which will put therapists first. I have also discovered other recruiters with other companies will be upfront about details of the contract before asking you to commit. This experience was a learning experience for me. Companies don't make money unless we are doing the heavy work for them, so put yourself first. This company certainly will not practice business that way.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Recruiter will not divulge information pertinent to the assignment unless you request it
I found my travel company
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2018
I've traveled off and on with several companies and I can easily say Advanced is the best around. They really know the world of travel therapy. My recruiter always has my best interest in mind at all times and it's great to know she has my back. They guide you through the entire process and are always positive. I highly recommend Advanced if you’re looking for a travel therapy company you can trust.
Pros
Great benefits and rectruiters
Hard work pays off
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2019
Support when and where you need it. Easy-going work environment without any micromanagement. Awesome benefits after 90 days. Fair starting salary and commissions, plus opportunity for bonuses. Recognition and appreciation for quotas met and exceeded sales requirements.
Cons
Must be sales driven, can be very stressful at times, must be motivated and organized.
Happy I went with Advanced
RN (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 22, 2019
I'm happy working with Advanced. I have a great arrangement and flexible schedule. Advanced has the best selection of local positions, as well as great travel jobs. Great benefits and perks. Outstanding pay. I have AMAZING health insurance, which is rare for travel companies. My recruiter never ceases to amaze me.
Go with Core Medical Group instead
Traveling Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLAugust 17, 2018
I started with Advanced Medical as a travel physical therapist assistant, and was only with them for 4 months. The reason? My recruiter. I never felt like she actually cared about me or getting me a rotation. After she dropped the ball way too many times I switched to Core Medical Group, and have been happy ever since.
Pros
Travel, Benefits, More pay than a permanent job
Cons
Recruiter, Not being made a priority
August 30, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We regret that you did not have a more positive experience. We pride ourselves in hiring the best when it comes to not only Clinicians, but recruiters as well. Would you be open to sharing your honest feedback with a member of our management team? Please email us at info@gowithadvanced.com or call 888-756-0605 and ask for Kate Hawes.

Extremely Happy with Advanced
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Great pay and insurance benefits.
Great 401k with company match, but you have to wait 90 days (Or about one 13-week contract) before you are eligible.
I’ve never been without work when I wanted it.
Recruiter is easy to reach and is always available to help with any issues.
Pros
see above
Good travel company
TRAVELING SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 23, 2018
Advanced Medical is a good travel company to work with. Their recruiting/management team was very supportive with good follow through. They provide good compensation
October 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the positive review! We pride ourselves in our follow-through. Hope to work with you again soon.

Good
SLP (Current Employee) –  Seattle areaMay 26, 2018
Advanced tapped into my willingness to relocate after grad school, helping me be more selective in my first SLP job. My recruiter is awesome, with the right amount of support, available and not in my face all the time. The pay is slightly higher than if I weren't contract with them, but their benefits were the right mix for me.
Pros
Solid support for CF year.
October 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the great feedback of our SLP Clinical Fellowship Program. We love Clinical Fellows so we try to get them the best benefits in the industry! Thanks again for working with us.

Fake and low pay, built to use you and let you go.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 14, 2018
Just a fast revolving door, they make a lot of excuses but its poor management, sales doesn't mean no one makes it past 90 days or wants to stay. If you don't try to fit the mold, they will give you boot and pass your travelers up to the people they do like.
Pros
Free coffee, but its kinda gross the machine is nasty
Cons
No benefits till 90 days low pay
Awesome office with great co-workers
Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FL 32128January 22, 2018
This is a great place to work as a recruiter. The job can be demanding as with any recruiting company, but the hard work pays dividends. Work-life balance is great and management was very understanding if emergencies arose. I highly recommend working here as you will enjoy great co-workers and management alike.
Pros
work-life balance, compensation, comfortable office
Cons
recruiting quotas
Great company for travel health professionals
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
I’ve been contracting with Advanced for about 1.5-2 years now and have nothing but great things to say. My recruiter is very accessible, friendly, stays on top of everything and has great communication. I needed a very specific location and time frame and they worked hard to make it happen. I highly recommend Advanced to anyone looking into traveling health care.
Pros
Trustworthy and good pay
My recruiter was phenomenal and always available to help when work become stressful
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 23, 2018
The placement I received required high productivity which became stressful with time and difficult to manage. The company I contracted with held the “traveler expense” over my head weekly. My recruiter was extremely helpful and calm in every situation; Very friendly and never pushy.
Cons
Medicare/Medicaid pushing productivity
great recruiter
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 25, 2018
My recruiter Kristie is the best! Honestly, it's more about the recruiter than the company and Advanced has great recruiters. I would rather work with someone I can trust and respect than another company that pays better.
Pros
good communication and transparency
Cons
pay is fair but not the most competitive
October 10, 2018

Thanks for the great review. We agree, Kristie is a wonderful recruiter!

Awesome
OTR/L (Former Employee) –  MAOctober 2, 2018
Great travel company! Always was able to find work with Advanced and provided competitive wages. Recruiter was amazing and very helpful. Can’t say enough about this company
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your great feedback of us. We so appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience!

Very happy with advanced
Travel Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2018
Working with advanced i have a great recruiter who takes good care of me and helps me with my next destination of work. She makes the experience less stressful and is always there to help when needed.
Pros
Amazing recruiter named Sarah
Cons
No PTO
Recruiter/Career Consultant
Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 21, 2018
I learned a lot about sales at my time at Advanced but there are some fundamental issues with the way the company is ran. For an entry level position it was worth the time, but the longevity of working there is almost non-existent.
October 8, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We realize this is a tough sales job and that the metrics are aggressive but we have confidence that every new Career Consultant has the ability to reach goal!

Great company!
Travel Physical Therapist Assistant (Inpatient) (Former Employee) –  IdahoAugust 30, 2018
My recruiter was great and attentive to all needs while on contract! I would definitely work with this company again in the future. cons: lack of contracts compared to other companies
October 10, 2018

We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience with us and your recruiter! We will continue to build our PTA contract pipeline!

Fun and fast paced environment
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 1, 2015
AMPS is a great place to work with if you are good at multitasking and can balance fun and hard work. The company is very relaxed and offers great benefits including beer cart Fridays! Upper management really cares about employees and show it by providing bonuses, little parties and by simply acknowledging hard work. Coworkers are great and to work here you have to have a positive attitude or you won't get along very well in the company. Typical day is 9-5 so balancing life is easy. Starting off can be a little difficult as the processes are hard to learn but everyone is willing to help get you to where you need to be.
Pros
bonuses, casual environment, beer cart, benefits
Cons
growing pains, training
A company full of positive vibes!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLFebruary 9, 2014
Recruiting qualified candidates and screening them to be a part of the company is my everyday task. Been doing this for almost two years now and I am not tired at all. It can be boring and stressfull sometimes but since the management allows us to have a break once in a week at the office, you'll forget any stress you have for the week. It's no surprise to see other people praising this company's effort to be the best since it has its standard that needs to be followed, kudos to the CEO! I appreciate everything this company has done to my life. I am able to provide for my family as the benefits has been great ever since. More power to this company!
Pros
benefits, commissions, support
Terrible company
SENIOR THERAPY RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 18, 2017
Do not waste your time with Advanced. I was there for a year and i saw 40-50 recruiters come and go. Minimal training and poor management. Old stale leads. Non existent CEO. Seriously, do not waste your time.
Pros
salary
Cons
management, work life balance, cut throat coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Travel Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2