Advanced Travel Therapy Employee Reviews

Good for travel
Physical Therapist Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Nation WideMay 28, 2018
You have to have a strong background of how travel therapy works to not be taken advantage of by the company. Promises made and money missed/lost while with this company.
Pros
Travel to different states
Cons
They don’t back up their promises of reimbursement
Good
SLP (Current Employee) –  Seattle areaMay 26, 2018
Advanced tapped into my willingness to relocate after grad school, helping me be more selective in my first SLP job. My recruiter is awesome, with the right amount of support, available and not in my face all the time. The pay is slightly higher than if I weren't contract with them, but their benefits were the right mix for me.
Pros
Solid support for CF year.
Recruiters - do not work here
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 18, 2018
I've been recruiting for 15+ years when I worked here. I was excited that AMPS is family run. But, I was let go without warning. I learned in my 6 months there that terminating recruiters is a daily/weekly/regular occurrence. Its a pitiful company, could care less about its employees, just the bottom dollar to feed the family. Had I known this companies trend I would not have wasted my time.
Pros
Occasionally let you go home early on Fridays, if you're chosen
Cons
No conscience.Not a place for tenured recruiters.
Run fast and far.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 20, 2018
I worked as a travel Occupational Therapist with this company. I had been doing travel therapy for approximately 2 and a half years prior to signing on with them. They were awful in so many ways. Super lack of organization. Even my co-workers at the assignment told me to find a new company to work under because of the difficulties I had with Advance.
Don't even give them your phone number unless you want to be bombarded with their recruiters calling. Even when you ask or tell them not to contact you they continue.....for years. Yes, literally years. They DO have an official DO NOT CALL list. However, you must speak to the recruiter's supervisor and use some strong words for that to happen.

Words of advice for people thinking about getting involved in travel therapy.

These companies need us much more than we need them or they wouldn't pay so many people to sit at a desk and aggravate therapists all day. Do not ever let them make you forget how much you and your skill sets are worth!

Travel is a lot of smoke and mirrors. Look at the details and think about it. They will try to pressure you to get you to agree to their deal verbally. Don't. Ask lots of questions. Carefully look at the pros and cons before they even draw up your contract.

Don't let them con you with the whole state licensure thing. They will pay for it (and other fees) and "help" you get the necessary papers in order. Applying for state licensure is easy. If a person needs assistance the therapy board of that state is generally very helpful. The travel company is just a paid middle man who complicates
  more... everything.  less
Pros
I was sent to a nice city for work.
Cons
Terribly disorganized. Questionable ethics. Disrespectful of their employees.
Fake and low pay, built to use you and let you go.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 14, 2018
Just a fast revolving door, they make a lot of excuses but its poor management, sales doesn't mean no one makes it past 90 days or wants to stay. If you don't try to fit the mold, they will give you boot and pass your travelers up to the people they do like.
Pros
Free coffee, but its kinda gross the machine is nasty
Cons
No benefits till 90 days low pay
Too many unpleasant surprises....
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST TRAVELLER (Former Employee) –  Hixson and South Pittsburg, TNMarch 21, 2018
My first contract was cut short by half when the OT who was waiting to find out if they passed the reg exam, and who had been hired before I was placed there, started work. I was left w/o work for 2 wks; then was placed at a faclity with a 55 minute commute, which I had to take in order to work/pay bills. The reimbursement is never as lucrative as travel companies make it out to be.
Pros
found a perm job on my last placement
Cons
duplication of paperwork to get started and delays were frustrating.
good
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Connelly Springs, NCMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed working with them. They are cooperative and willing to work with you. Would like to continue working for them in my current geographic location.
Good and bad like all jobs
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port OrangeMarch 8, 2018
Great way to make excellent money but jaw dropping unprofessional environment. Managers accept bribes for leads and are never available to help. Training is a joke.
Creates a good life balance
Travel Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 5, 2018
Great Recruiters focused on your wants and needs. This allows you to create your ideal work-life balance. I love to travel and have been given the opportunity to do this while working and between contracts.
Excellent recruiters
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLFebruary 5, 2018
My recruiter worked closely with me to find my ideal contracts and locations around the country. The company has amazing communication, and I was able to have all of my needs met in a reasonable amount of time.
Fun place to work- difficult to get started
Career Consultant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 23, 2018
I didn't mind working at Advanced, I did like it. However, it was difficult to meet the companies quota specifically because much of the job depended on variables that weren't necessarily in your control.
Official response from Advanced Travel Therapy
February 14, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We realize this is a tough sales gig and that the metrics are aggressive but we have confidence that every new Career Consultant has the ability to reach goal!

Awesome office with great co-workers
Nurse Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FL 32128January 22, 2018
This is a great place to work as a recruiter. The job can be demanding as with any recruiting company, but the hard work pays dividends. Work-life balance is great and management was very understanding if emergencies arose. I highly recommend working here as you will enjoy great co-workers and management alike.
Pros
work-life balance, compensation, comfortable office
Cons
recruiting quotas
Travel agency therefore I had multiple job locations
Travel speech language pathologist (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJanuary 9, 2018
My recruiter was friendly and helpful. She seemed to truly care about my happiness at the job. The pay varied depending upon the location. I worked in both California and in Ohio for this company and was pleased both times.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay varied
Favoritism
Therapy Recruiter; Advanced Medical (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 13, 2017
I've never felt more supported by mgmt than when I was performing well, a few weeks of no movement due to the slow market in the 4th quarter of the year and I was invisible. I felt as though it wa hard to advance regardless of the work I put in.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Therapy Recruiter (Former Employee) –  RecruiterNovember 14, 2017
Advanced is a fantastic place to work with amazing people. Like any job relating to sales, however, the requirements can be difficult in order to stay. Anyone who can juggle existing clients as well as finding new ones will love this company.
Pros
Amazing office, fun work retreats, competitive commission
Cons
Difficult to get started and maintain required numbers
Travel Therapy
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2017
Travel pays well, the SNF's will work you to death so earn it. Expect to walk in the first day with a full pt load and no orientation to find your way around. It's like a first swim lesson were the instructor throws you in the deep end. But it pays well..
Excellent travel company with involved and proactive recruiters
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILOctober 15, 2017
I have worked for several travel companies and Advanced has been my favorite that i have stayed with the longest. A good recruiter makes a travel experience. Advanced has the best recruiters. A recruiter is your life line in a travel assignment and everyone I worked with at Advanced with above and beyond to make my experience great! From getting to know the staff at Advanced they all seem to love their job and work enviornment which makes working for them pleasant
Helpful recruiter
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Illinois, Texas and CaliforniaOctober 9, 2017
Great company if you are looking expand your work experience and skills and while traveling. Recruiters are helpful and always up to date with job openings in desired areas.
Do Not Work Here
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLSeptember 19, 2017
These people will fire you without reason, ridicule you for fun if you are having a hard time, and make every day an uncomfortable experience if you have less than 6 months experience there. The management is terrible and extremely under-qualified. The people who run this business are out to protect themselves by firing good, hard working individuals as soon as they catch wind of what is actually going on behind closed doors.
Nice place
Train facility staff (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Easy going place with good recruiters. This is a great way for a young therapist to gain great experience. Also if you are willing to actually travel around the country, you can see some really cool things and meet some great people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advanced Travel Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2