Advantage Care Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11223February 11, 2019
The case load is reasonable, you have a lunch break, the working hours are from 8 am to 5 pm. According to my contract my vacations are unpaid. The salary is resonable for me
horrible company to work for
RN Care Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Do not waste your time , almost everybody from the top to the bottom hates their job and have left or are looking to leave. No benefits for working for this company every year they take things away from you, you get raises every 5 years, the health insurance sucks and every quarter they add onto your already overwhelming workload. They give a BS sign on bonus now to trap people for a year but people still leave before then. All the doctors and nurses are overwhelmed, they force walk-ins on already packed doctors schedules. Short staffed because so many people are leaving. I wouldn't wish this job on an enemy .And now they are starting the nurses off with low salaries and making them do 5 jobs for the low price of one. you will be a staff nurse, care manager, social worker, medical assistant and personal secretary for a median salary. Oh and every year around October they start laying off people before the holidays and rehire new people at lower wages right before the new year or right after.
Pros
Cons
everything
work ethics and co worker were excellent , very family oriented
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2018
my colleagues were very family oriented and caring. internal management were easy to work with but still need some work. the most enjoyable part of my job was the patient which I've grown to incorporate them as an extension to the forest hill family
Pros
union is great to have
Cons
no room for growth
It was a fun workplace
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 3, 2018
It was a great place to work. Great time with clients and getting them to reach goals to be able to live well in everyday life.It was a good atmosphere. I learned how to stay humble for different encounters that happened.
Pros
Cons
no benefits, no good pay
work place
Coordination of benefits/ Medical claims Exaimer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2017
completed office work, learned how to manage time, work place was relaxed as long as goals were met, were no hard parts, office manager needed to have a more open door for questions and situations.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Overly worked Staff with poor moral
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2016
A chaotic and stressful place to work.
Patients are allowed to show up at any time and they have learned the system. Very disruptive to patients who walk in on time and of course to the medical providers and staff.
The Doctors are seeing too many patients with little time for quality care.

Poor communication from management with little to no support.

Most of the employees are caring and hard working but the moral is low.
benefits
Cons
Low Moral
It was very slow. There were too many urgent cares in the area.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 18, 2015
A typical day at work was long for the most part. some days we had a lot of patients and on a lot of days it was very slow. My co-workers were great people and I loved working with them.
Pros
I got to do what i love doing. helping others.
Cons
No patients at times meant slow and long days.
productive and fun work place
PSr (Current Employee) –  HicksvilleOctober 29, 2014
working there was very good ,always busy from the time you walk in to the time you walk out the door.
Good place to work.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXAugust 11, 2014
Good place to work. Was able to help less fortunate people than myself. Enjoyed my co-worker and we all got along very well.

Working nights,taking care of three mentally handicapped gentlemen. Cooking,cleaning,dressing,paperwork,safety,hygiene,therapy, and administer medications.
Pros
Work nights.
Cons
No raises
organized
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 30, 2014
Punch in, set up all rooms, go over biopsy reports, my emails, doctors email, listen to phone messages, answer all messages and emails, prioritize schedules for biopsy days, consults and follow ups. autoclave instruments, fill liquid nitrogen bottles, call patient in, chart, triage with all vital signs, ask what brings them to office, give them 100% attention and help set them up and chart for doctor. patient leaves, clean room and send next patient in. this job is a 12 hour day. We see about 40-60 patients per day and need patience and a big heart to do well in it. multitasking is a huge strength of mine and a must for what I do. I love what I do but the 70 hour work week is a lot for me at the moment.
Pros
pension
Cons
no sick or vacation paid days