Advantage Dental Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Great people to work with
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Redmond, OR 97756May 14, 2018
This job was by far my favorite and I learned so many new things with this job. Everyday I was to answer phone calls which is a little stressful. But when you know what you are talking about or how to answer the questions the day goes by quick. I got good training too.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no overtime
Don’t work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORApril 30, 2018
Management is poor. All supervisors gather together to talk garbage about everyone. They’re always on their phones and they’re all rude. Corporate treats their employees unfairly, a lot of favoritism there, and if you’re not a favorite you get picked on and bullied. Sometimes they even make you go home crying because they’re so horrible. Advantage dental needs new management in order to be successful otherwise that company is going downhill and everyone is trying to leave as soon as possible because we all see it happening.
Benefits
Cons
Management poor, bad supervisor, not enough pay
productive and great work enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 28, 2018
Advantage Dental is a great and friendly place to work. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and it's a great place to start. Overall, the culture is good and management wants to make sure their employees are happy and enjoy what they do.
Pros
Great benefits!
Poor Managment horrible co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 6, 2018
Don’t work here unless you want to be taken back to high school, and all you work with are the means girls. The managment is poor and they would frequently get together to talk bad about their representatives. Their training is lacking. It made for a really bad work environment. I do not recommend this place for employment.
Excellent work place
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2018
I loved working here I was sad when the company relocated. The Dr was very cool and laid back everyone got along in the office. I also loved the free lunch from the sales representative.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Dental
Stressful place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 13, 2017
This place is the most stressful job I've ever had. The executives that work in the corporate office are completely out of touch with their employees, and have no idea what good quality patient care looks like. The dentists that work there are fantastic, and are required to work a near impossible schedule and are not allowed enough time each patient deserves. There is a huge lack of management and little respect for the clinic staff by upper management. Poor communication and several inconsistencies.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Stressful, poor management, no communication
Workplace culture
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORAugust 3, 2017
Unfriendly, and Unprofessional people from management to employees. Communication is extremely poor between employees and management. Unsanitary cond.
Pros
On the job training programs
Cons
Lack of professional, compassionate care by their employees to patient care, as well as employee to employee relations
medicaid work
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Florence, ORApril 23, 2017
The company tries to make excuses for the patient population they have. The company gave us diversity training explaining why disadvantaged people shouldn't be held accountable for their lack of oral hygiene.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
the dentist was always at fault. Babied patients
Lessons
Dental Assistant/Sterilization (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 4, 2017
I've learned new things everyday. Although, everyday is same treatments. The hardest part of the job is when I first started because I didn't know where things are placed at. The most enjoyable of the job is to see the positive feedback from patients.
Great Office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 22, 2016
Scheduled appointments, checked patients in and out for appointments, checked insurance eligibility for patients, answered phones, dealt with patients face to face daily.
Worst job I've ever had!
Front desk (Former Employee) –  EugeneSeptember 10, 2015
The management is unprofessional, inconsistent and lacks the ability to communicate with staff. The work load is too much. Benefits are expensive. Only good thing that came from it was 2 life long friends who unfortunately are still putting up with it and need out of the asap!
Pros
Paid training, few nice and understanding coworkers
Cons
Management, dealing with high stress, medicaid patients, angry people in pain, almost everything is bad.
Its a job
General (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORApril 21, 2014
Advantage Dental is not a place for independent thought. The company's culture does not promote growth or creative problem solving. Teamwork is not encouraged and cross departmental support can be difficult.

There are some great people that work there, however the leadership is stunted and controlled. Even though the company is 'publicly owned' and sells 'units' of ownership, there is no autonomy beyond the controlling interest holder. In general there is a lack of professionalism that seems to be SOP.

The benefits are better than what most companies in the area offer and the pay is slightly above average. So, if you are looking for a low level position and don't mind rigid schedules and an unsupportive/inflexible management staff this may be the perfect place to work.
Pros
Occassional free lunch and good benefits
Cons
Inflexible schedules, an unsupportive and unprofessional management staff
Overly busy and no structure
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 15, 2013
At Advantage Dental we help the community. We offer very low prices and take the Oregon Health Plan. Our schedule is booked out till March 2014. That makes it difficult for someone that needs work done right away. I find it frustrating when patients no show because their are so many people on a short call list that want to come in. It is rewarding when patients are thankful and happy.
Pros
I get free dental preventative care.
Cons
Somedays where to busy to take a break.