Advantage Dental Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Dental asst (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 3, 2019
Very money driven and concerned about making money and overloading the schedule vs being productive and being able to serve patients with efficiency and proper care.
Products are terrible!
DO NOT value their employees and do not give and kudos at all only negative comments!
Communication is the worst I have even in my life encountered. From management to coworkers
I would never recommend working here at all
A horrible place to work!
A piece of furniture (Current Employee) –  Newport OregonJanuary 5, 2019
This is horrible place to work they don't inform you until the day before to canceling or rescheduling the appointments leaving patients very upset off.
Customer Service Excellence
Front Desk Receptionist/Insurance Processor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 27, 2018
This Dental Office values their Patients and Employees. Customer Service is our Priority!! Ownership of one's job responsibilities and appreciation and praise given to Staff on a Daily Multiple Huddle Basis! Open Communication is what sets the tone for Success!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  OregonNovember 28, 2018
Friendly coworkers and new CEO has a great vision for the future of the company. A lot of changes, but they are much needed to get Advantage into the 21st century. Could have more updated IT, phone and HR systems. Zero employee contribution for dental and vision, which is nice. Just implemented an employee contribution for medical this year, but it's minimal compared to other companies.
Very difficult place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bend, oregonNovember 12, 2018
I took a very large pay cut taking this job thinking it was just the location. The management is very poor, and the PTO policy is ridiculous. You cannot request days off without having PTO, and you have to use your PTO if your doctor is on vacation even if that’s not when you were planning on taking vacation. The company has a very high turn over rate due to not taking care of the staff. You get paid very little for doing way too much work. On the plus side the staff that actually works at the clinics are very sweet people, I have not disliked any of the doctors working with me or had bad experiences with the staff in office. The corporate side of the company who are not working in the clinics are destroying the company by not creating a positive working environment for front office staff and clinical staff. Very stressful job and burns people out very quickly.
Dont work here
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  OregonNovember 10, 2018
The only good reviews are from people that work in the corporate office, Theyre only putting good reviews on here so it will look like its a great place to work. Well i have news for you. its not! The staff that works in the clinics are not valued. Their opinions do not matter. Corporate is constantly changing things without letting you know,. Then when a mistake is made you get in trouble for it due to lack of communication. The pay sucks. Go to a private practice you will get taken care of! They say there is room for advancement...nope! The will not allow back office to cross train to the front. I tried applying for a few other positions within the company and was told i couldnt because they needed me where i was at. I took that as a slap in the face. They obviously dont care about the livelihood of their employees. If you are a single person trying to make it by, you will not survive only working for advantage. They arent accepting raises at this time. The clinics are drowning and are short staff because the company is too cheap to hire extra help. Please just do yourself a favor and dont even waste your time! I usually dont like writing reviews, but if i can save someone for not making the same mistake i did then i feel like im doing a good thing.
Benefits
Cons
everything
Mostly positive
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 20, 2018
I was able to work with some wonderful dentists. I enjoyed the client base. Was able to use my EFDA. Fairly treated until end of employment. Would recommend for a starting position
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long days
Run away from this place!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, OrOctober 10, 2018
Poor management from the corporate office. Huge lack of communications and they expect all staff to travel at their own expense to the primary corporate office 2+ hours away. I am grateful that I was only there a month, but I would advise anyone looking for a management position to look elsewhere. This company does not value you or your opinion and will compromise your work ethics and will have you doing unethical things. Run!!!!
Great Place To Work!!!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORSeptember 27, 2018
Great place to work! Excited for my future! Fast paced, always changing with room for advancement. Would recommend this company to anyone looking for a new challenge. Many changes happening now, but all of the changes are helping lead the company in a great direction. Positive culture with a true desire to do what is right.
Excellent Company for a Career!
employee (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORSeptember 26, 2018
The company cares about people -- and invests in the culture. A fun, collaborative and team-based environment. I appreciate the focus on patient care and taking care of each other.
Pros
leadership, teamwork, innovation, patient care, collaboration, recognition
Great Place To Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORSeptember 25, 2018
Opportunity to grow and develop additional skills
Collaborative environment with a progressive team
Fun events and monthly contests
Management is open to feedback and making improvements
Pros
Collaborative team, internal mobility, progressive culture
Cons
Fast-paced growth
Hostile Company
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 24, 2018
I DO NOT recommend Advantage Dental to anybody who takes pride and joy in there daily job! This company function on greedy upper management who only cares about number, so you are just a number to them. At your daily job you will get harassment from upper management, verbal abuse from their high OHP patients, constant changes to the company mission (like every month). The worst part about this company is they DO NOT give worthy employees a decent raise! If you work in the clinic you see anywhere from 18-25 OHP patients and the patients are awful! Even if you get threaten and abuse by the patients the company does not support you. The only one good thing out of this job is your co workers. You and them go through the same process so you gain a life long friend. So if your not desperate DO NOT work for Advantage because they will take advantage of you!
Pros
Friends
Poor communication!!!
Providet (Current Employee) –  OregonSeptember 7, 2018
Greed is taking over. Constant changes from corporate. You always feel stressed that the doors may be closing. They try to build moral but there is major errors inthe process. Losing staff like crazy, if they'd just quit over tasking and compensate well they would be staffed, instead of bouncing around the issues. Was great, now not so much. Its a growning cancer.
Pros
Benefuts and perks
Cons
Communication and over schedualing. Quality goes down, stress us up.
Great people to work with
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Redmond, OR 97756May 14, 2018
This job was by far my favorite and I learned so many new things with this job. Everyday I was to answer phone calls which is a little stressful. But when you know what you are talking about or how to answer the questions the day goes by quick. I got good training too.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
no overtime
Don’t work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORApril 30, 2018
Management is poor. All supervisors gather together to talk garbage about everyone. They’re always on their phones and they’re all rude. Corporate treats their employees unfairly, a lot of favoritism there, and if you’re not a favorite you get picked on and bullied. Sometimes they even make you go home crying because they’re so horrible. Advantage dental needs new management in order to be successful otherwise that company is going downhill and everyone is trying to leave as soon as possible because we all see it happening.
Benefits
Cons
Management poor, bad supervisor, not enough pay
An ok place to work
staff (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 28, 2018
Fellow employees are great. Management is sufficient, but there are constant changes to corporate structure that make things difficult. Lack of clear direction and management structure causes confusion. No real ability for advancement.
productive and great work enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 28, 2018
Advantage Dental is a great and friendly place to work. There is a lot of opportunity for growth and it's a great place to start. Overall, the culture is good and management wants to make sure their employees are happy and enjoy what they do.
Pros
Great benefits!
Poor Managment horrible co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORFebruary 6, 2018
Don’t work here unless you want to be taken back to high school, and all you work with are the means girls. The managment is poor and they would frequently get together to talk bad about their representatives. Their training is lacking. It made for a really bad work environment. I do not recommend this place for employment.
Excellent work place
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2018
I loved working here I was sad when the company relocated. The Dr was very cool and laid back everyone got along in the office. I also loved the free lunch from the sales representative.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Dental
Stressful place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 13, 2017
This place is the most stressful job I've ever had. The executives that work in the corporate office are completely out of touch with their employees, and have no idea what good quality patient care looks like. The dentists that work there are fantastic, and are required to work a near impossible schedule and are not allowed enough time each patient deserves. There is a huge lack of management and little respect for the clinic staff by upper management. Poor communication and several inconsistencies.
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Stressful, poor management, no communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8