ADVANTAGE HOME HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Awesome Home Health Agency!
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 17, 2019
Advantage Home Health Services is a wonderful home health agency with great leadership and a family feel. I would call the culture collaborative.

The healthcare team in my office deeply cares about the patients and that is what it is all about.
Great locations
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, MONovember 12, 2018
Need to pay more attention to good employees and give recogition where its deserved. Listen better to reports given about those in Supervisory positions abusing those positions...and take more seriously caregivers suggestions for better ways to care for their clients as THOSE caregivers know those clients better...
Pros
Negotiable hours
Cons
Need more employee recognition
Work doesnt have to be "work"
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
I have been working for AHHS for close to 11 years and it is an awesome place to work with even more awesome owners who really care about their "family". I enjoy coming to work every day as we have a great staff and a great management team that really cares.
Everyone is supportive of each other, and this makes coming to work an easy thing to do. The most enjoyable part of my day is talking with patients and their families and hearing the great things they have to say about the company and the staff that is taking care of them. I am always learning new things and enjoy the freedom of completing tasks in a relaxed atmosphere. I have been employed for 50 years and AHHS is the first company that I have worked for that really cares about their emplyoees. They are always holding events that bring everyone together to decompress and to thank everyone for their hard work,, i.e., ball games, Christmas party, pot luck luncheons, happy hours, pancake breakfasts....the list is endless. I would highly recommend AHHS as a great place to work!
Pros
Great benefits! Great bosses! Competitive salary! Free parking! Flexible hours!
Great work-Life balance
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
The work environment is great! Things are always moving in a positive direction, upper management is so willing to work with new ideas and are always looking to help you with anything you may need.
Pros
Experienced leadership, Flexible, Work-Life Balance, Workplace Culture
Cons
Growing pains
Collaborative and supportive environment with opportunities for growth and education!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
Working at Advantage Home Health Services has been such a wonderful experience! Not only does the company value their employees and promote a sense of growth for every department, but it does so in a positive, fun and exciting work environment. The company is rapidly expanding and each and every employee is dedicated to their profession day in and day out. I can confidently say, I am so glad to have joined Advantage Home Health Services!
Pros
Manager Support, Work Life Balance, Education Opportunities, Growing Company
Cons
Newer leadership
Advantage Home Health
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 31, 2018
This company really cares about the patients and their staff. Any concerns are always handled promptly and you feel like a part of the family. Our management works hard to ensure the employees are happy.
Great place to work!
Fully time lpn (Current Employee) –  Cressona, PAAugust 31, 2018
Im still employed by advantage! They have a great team! Great pay! Great atmosphere! We all work together! We have a great work life balance! Great supervisors! Give us a try!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Health care benefits could be better
Great Workplace
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 31, 2018
I've been with Advantage for almost 3 years now and I wouldn't change that. The pay is great, the benefits are good, and my manager is awesome. This company is so easy to work with regarding vacation, time off, etc.. I really have made lifelong friends here at Advantage. I would recommend anyone to come work with us.
Pros
Best manager ever, pay, benefits, flexibility
Cons
stressful at times
An amazing family friendly employee focused expanding company
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 30, 2018
Why do I love working here? I love spending time with my family. This career allows me to do so. What else do I love? I have been able to grow with the company as it has expanded into other job markets from SNF to home health. I have been able to move up the career ladder encouraging me to achieve both personal and professional gain. Advantage supports their employee as well as their passions starting by caring for patients. Come work with us and become a part of our Advantage family! Once you are in you will never want to leave!
Pros
flexible schedule where you can express your independence
Cons
Best place to work/family like
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 30, 2018
I love working with Advantage! I started with Advantage before our Tamaqua office was even open. I advanced in my role pretty quickly because they had trust in me! I did leave for a short time for a different career path in nursing but realized that my heart is with Advantage and always will be. I am grateful to be a part of such a family like team who go above and beyond for staff and patients! Great family/work life balance. The owners actually care about employees and you don’t see that much anywhere else! My manager is the most kind and compassionate person I know!
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
Collaborative positive environment to work in!
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Lewistown PAAugust 30, 2018
I work as a per diem social worker for the agency. I enjoy the flexibility and team oriented environment of the company. My immediate supervisor is very helpful and is easily accessible.
Pros
Flexibility, team oriented
Cons
Nothing at this time.
New Employee
Quality and Regulatory Education (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2018
I have only been here a short time but I see a lot of positive movement and effort from leadership to lead the company in a positive direction. I see teamwork and collaboration building
Flexibility has been a nice perk. Home Health is fast paced with a lot of requirements and regulations. If you are flexible and willing to learn something new every month, you will thrive.
Pros
Flexibility has been a nice perk
Cons
Benefits could be better esoecially when starting over with years of experience
Fast paced, paid well, great coworkers/team
RN (Current Employee) –  State College, PA & Altoona, PAAugust 30, 2018
I have been at Advantage for not quite a year and love it! It is very fast paced, a busy productive atmosphere. I love what I do and working with my patients. I have learned more than I ever did in the hospital. Some days my schedule can get busy but it's not often for me to still be working with patients at even 2-3pm. Our management is wonderful and extremely helpful with anything you need! The team we have is equally as amazing. We work hard and work together. The only difficult piece to to job is the charting, however if you get majority of your charting done while in the patients home, you have little to do at home. Over the last few months I have found a rhythm to charting and almost always have my charting done by end of day and am rarely behind.
Pros
Fast paced, well paid, great team, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Growing rapidly and in need of more nurses for our patient case load
Excellent company with excellent staff
PTA (Current Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 30, 2018
I could not imagine a better company/atmosphere to do home care with. I am only a part time/PRN employee, but I always feel welcomed and appreciated by all the staff. Clear communication throughout the company with continuous improvements in growth and services provided. I feel very fortunate and privileged to be part of such an amazing company.
A great home care company to work for.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cressona, PAAugust 30, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Advantage since our company was acquired. Compared to other home care companies I have worked for, Advantage has been the most proactive when dealing with employee issues. The work place culture is very supportive and encouraging. A very patient centered practice environment.
A place to grow professionally while fostering positive home and work balance.
Pros
Flexibility, Career growth, Family-like atmosphere
Cons
Normal growing pains in growth oriented company.
Great Place!
MSW PRN (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 30, 2018
I was hired as an “as required need”. The people/staff that I have been in contact with are very friendly and willing to help you in any way. Great staff!
Pros
Fabulous staff!
Great PRN Opportunity & Flexible Schedule
PRN Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bellefonte, PAAugust 30, 2018
I work PRN and fully enjoy the freedom of taking on patient and treating on my off days and weekends. Great chances and fair pair with compensated gas mileage. I would highly suggest this company to any - for work full or part time and as a patient. Excellent company to work for and/or be treated by!
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Gas Reimbursement, Self Managing
Cons
PRN - no benefits but expected
Growing opportunity in HH field
Doctor of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 30, 2018
Advantage provides a growing opportunity in the home health field with good exposure to up-to-date software system. They demonstrate a willingness to change when appropriate and treat their employees well.
Pros
Excellent computer system
Cons
None specific to Advantage
Great team work
Physical therapy preceptor (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAAugust 30, 2018
Such a fun, collaborative work place and company to work for. I feel valued and part of a team instead of just a number. The caseload is adequate and meets the standards that most therapy companies expect. I throghoughly enjoy working for this company
Pros
Pto, friendly atmosphere, valued employee
Cons
Driving
Feels like a family
Revenue cycle supervisor (Current Employee) –  PGH, PAAugust 30, 2018
I have been with this company for 6 years and I couldn’t be any happier with our owners our managers and staff! It is close to home and everyone is always helping each other out. I love my job and couldn’t ask for anything better I want to retire as team advantage!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVANTAGE HOME HEALTH SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7