Advantage Metal Products

Advantage Metal Products Employee Reviews

United States12 reviews
The atmosphere is good, it is a no pressure relaxed place. The scheduling and management are terrible. I learned alot of lathe programming skills there, and everyone there is really cool.
Pros
laid back, no stress
Cons
scheduling, benefits
Total waste of time management only holds people back and does not want growth for the employees was given nothing but negative comments by owners and leads just save yourself and find somewhere else
Official response from Advantage Metal Products
August 20, 2020
We at AMP are sorry to hear you Feel this way. We have many great success stories from Employees who have grown with AMP through training and development. There are so many cross training opportunities as well as ability to develop skills whether you are entry level or skilled labor, we provide many opportunities and encourage our talented team to aspire.
Was only there for a short time but there is so many things wrong with this machine shop. No machine shop is perfect but I have never felt the need to complain about them. Parts are constantly being ran out of tolerance with the mentality of just let it go. New parts don't always get a full inspection before going into production mode. Owner pretty much decided to just let go of its new employees and supervisor without warning. I would have respected the owners if they would give a two weeks notice before laying off employees due to the fact that it's not like the company was slow or out of work. Owners act very friendly though. Employees are very friendly but as far as structure and quality assurance in the company, its the worst I've ever seen. If a company is going to ask during orientation that it would appreciate employees to put in a two week notice if the job doesn't work out the company should do the same, its just good ethics.
Official response from Advantage Metal Products
May 7, 2020
Hello,
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we are always striving to be better.

Please feel free reach out to Human Resources here at AMP with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.
The last two years AMP has gone through an internal culture and process change in efforts to provide growth for staff, communicate goals, and to enable the company to scale. A new vision, mission, and related core values have been unveiled company-wide and are preached consistently every day within all processes operationally.

It's clear AMP is investing in employees, machinery, and growth overall. Management is fair and communicates expectations frequently. The office and production facility are kept very clean and the work environment, while very fast-paced, is productive and motivating to be in. This is not your normal job shop. The level of formality, cleanliness, and growth is impressive.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Extremely dysfunctional company/ownership. If you’re looking for no work life balance, stressful life, and to constantly be talked down upon in emails addressed to the whole team from ownership then this is the job for you. But wait! You’d be fortunate if you make it past your 90 days as they oddly take pride in turn over and believe there is a such thing as perfect. Learn how to walk on eggshells with no clear direction
What started as a nice place to work, turned very difficult and stressful (like walking on eggs shells) after maybe a few months. Others I worked with felt the same. Management does set you up to fail regardless of the dedication you may show and provide.
Pros
Wages are fair, co-workers are good to work with
Cons
Very confused management, not on the same page.
Not a bad place to work. Only reason I left is because they would never notice a hard worker. I was paid 5+ bucks under my coworkers for the same job that I would finish faster and cleaner. They offered me a 10 cent raise and I quit a few days later.
Pros
Easy work, good for begining welders.
Cons
Low pay
Everything seems to run relatively smoothly, other employees are cheerful and easy to get along with, very clean and organized shop environment, big emphasis on safety, lots of OT opportunities. New changes in HR make for clearer advancement opportunities and pay raises based on performance vs. seniority. Overall a very easy going company to work for.
Pros
2 paid 15min breaks per 8 hour shift, lots of work, overtime, cheerful employees, fun environment, kaiser health coverage, company paid 'employee appreciation' lunches almost quarterly
Cons
none I can think of
I have worked there for several years

I am happy there and with the way they treat me.

We treat each other like family and have fun events and surprises

I haver made many friends there. as well as their families
I love working for owners who truly promote self growth and strong, powerful women. They promote within the company and they advocate learning different avenues of the business. I have been given great opportunities to learn multiple faucets within the company. They recognize hardwork, loyalty, and dedication and have always rewarded greatly.

Sometimes it does require multiple hats, and has you on the go non-stop. But it makes your day go by faster and management does require 100% of you. It is not always the right fit for some individuals. Resumes always look good on paper, but actions speak louder than words.
Pros
Advancement, compensation, free lunches and starbucks
Cons
location and benefits
Not an easy place to work, leadership does not provide a clear vision, constantly changing.

good work hours, 6am to 3:30pm helps to beat traffic. Solid team on the manufacturing floor, hard workers.
Pros
working hours
Cons
lack of support from leadership
Up to date sheetmetal house with nice facility. 90percent of employees take pride understanding owners drive to employ and keep jobs localized while other 10 percent oblivious to real job market and work conditions. Owners are open for change and input. Not sure of previous posts but owners sem to be engaged. Why shouldn't they have toys? Isn't that why you go in business for yourself. Lacks machine shop leadership and knowledge. Said management in machine shop is knowledgeless and mad at world.
Pros
cool peers and co workers
Cons
machine shop as of 9/30 lacks competent programmers and leaders.