Advantage Nursing Services Employee Reviews

Reputable place and environment to work.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 6, 2018
Overall good company, competitive pay. Relaxed work environment. Managers and supervisors have never made work or documentation/timesheets difficult for myself. As long as all paperwork is turned in on time there is no areas of grey. Good work environment they tried to find cases that fit your schedule and are open to any questions or information you need.

Been working here for almost two years. If you don't like your case, tell them they are happy to place you somewhere else.
I would recommended working here, I've truly enjoyed it.
Edwardsville, IL office is my home office.
Pros
Works with your schedule
Cons
There is no pay increase or yearly increase in pay.
Advantage is an excellent place too work, they are caring, compassionate, and dedicated too providing excellent services.
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 27, 2018
Advantage is a company of growth, integrity, compassionate, dedication, and providing excellent service for over 25 years. They are changing lives each and everyday.
Great company to work for!
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 13, 2018
Advantage Nursing is a great company to work for! I am a staffing coordinator for the company and I can honestly say to be in this position you have to have a kind heart and actually care about the people you are trying to help, which we all do. All of the staffers here communicate well with each other, asking questions to try and expand our knowledge and be better at our positions. The cromradery between the office employees is fantastic!

As a staffer, a lot of phone calls are made daily to ensure scheduling is completed to the best of our ability.

I have worked with Advantage for 5 years and have to say it's the best company I have ever worked for. They take care of all employees whether they're in the office or out in the field.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and work environment
I Love My Job
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 12, 2018
I love working for Advantage Nursing Services. I staff for the company and really enjoy my job. It is very well compensated and the many benefits of working here are great. We are a well organized company that allows children to be at home where they grow best; it is a very rewarding career to say the least.

A Typical day at work would involve lots of phone calls. I call all of my clients once a week as well as calling employees, applicants and of course scheduling all of my active clients.

The workplace culture is great, everyone is so helpful and allows me to learn and grow with my position.
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits, Work Culture
Not happy with begging for pay frequently
RN (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 2, 2018
I cannot say too many things I liked about Advantage Nursing. I loved the children I worked with. The patients were amazing! The company was not well put together. The company was notorious for not paying in a timely fashion or at all. They were also notorious for shorting your check when they did pay. This company should have been put out of business long ago. Not a nice place to work for at all.
Pros
The patients were darling
Cons
Refuse to pay for wages earned.
In Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, MOJune 28, 2018
Great place to work and a Great Boss. We have a meeting every couple months and they show their appreciation to aides and clients. I travel every day to work to different clients.
Good place
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILApril 17, 2018
Good place to work. If you work hard you will get along well with staff. Always call the office if you are not sure of something and there is always someone thee to help you someone on call 24/7 365 days
Pros
Good paying job and benefits
Cons
A lot of driving
Limited options for advancement.
Administration/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 4, 2018
Limited options for advancement. Everyday challenges do present themselves. The management as well as surrounding staff are more than willing to assist and share their experience.
Keep your own records
LPN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 26, 2018
It would behoove you to record telephone conversations or utilize emails so you can keep records of conversations. Also recording meetings so that there is no mistake about what was said.
Not bad
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 19, 2017
It's nice to put in my 8 hours and then go home. It's also nice to have a boss that doesn't breathe down your neck every day. You actually get treated like an employee here and not a kid.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Not knowing your staff/clients

Want to know more about Advantage Nursing Services?

Ask a question
productive
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, MONovember 9, 2017
clock in at clients, begin work day what ever client needs, some days are harder than others but over all most the people are very nice, would go back
excellent place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 23, 2017
pediatric services and enjpyed time there. great pay and benfits home health agency, very personal emplyers. sad but rewarding. would like to go back.
1 on 1 care for Pediatric Patients
LPN (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILAugust 13, 2017
Providing care to pediatric patients with vents and trachs. I got experience with several ventilators and tracheostomies. Forming bonds with the patient's was the most enjoyable part of this job. Sitting in one home for 8 to 9 hours a day was the hardest part.
Peaceful place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJune 21, 2017
Advantage Nursing Services is a fairly quiet place to work. Office environment allows for time to focus & comtemplate. The Staff is extremely helpful & approachable. Beautiful downtown Oak Park location. Close to public transportation, restaurants and shopping.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
expensive area/location
nice staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Maryville, ILMay 23, 2017
Has a great staff to get you ready to meet your client and also maps where you need to go. communicates well and always called to see if you wanted to pick up extra shifts
Pros
easy work
Cons
no benefits
Competitive wages
Private Duty Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 18, 2017
Offer competitive wages and a variety of cases. Good incentives to pick up extra shifts. However, advancement within company is limited. Overall a 4/5.
This is a good company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILMay 4, 2017
I enjoy working for this company. The only difference is they don't pay a difference if you're a CNA. They work hard at keeping you working. I really appreciate the staff at Advantage.
Horrible place of employment
N/A (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2017
This place is horrible. They don't care about their employees at all. All they care about is bringing money into the agency. You have to suck up and kiss up to them to be on their good side. These people are terrible
Pros
Cons
Bad staffers. Bad corporate office.
Good benefits with great learning atmosphere
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 12, 2017
Assessment and care of special needs children and geriatric patients in home setting. Allows for adaptation and acceptance of strong nursing skill with very little supervision. Must have ability to adapt to any environment and emergency. Allow for being preceptor to new nurses and family members of ill children.
Pros
Benefits and children
Cons
On call, travel state
Best Home Health Care Agency
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 14, 2016
I loved working for Advantage! They were probably one of my best employers! They work with school schedules. They have some of the best clients! Every client I had I got along with very well. The office workers are great as well, they try their best to keep you up to date with your clients the best they can!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Nursing Services. Our community is ready to answer.