Advantage On Call Employee Reviews

Low pay, no benefits, not enough hours of work, hard labored assignments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2018
The staff and management are rude and unprofessional. The pay is low compared to other agencies. The job assignments are extensively hard. The kind of jobs that no nurses take. So they have to call agencies because their own staff keep quitting. No benefits, no paid leave, no 401k, no insurance. At the begining they say they offer benefits. But later the say you need to make a contract for 2 months to get benefits. But there is no assignments that ask for 2 months contract. Each Thursady they ask you to email your available days but what they really want is some "on call nurses" so if a facility's nurse called sick to call you and ask you to go there. They even deduct the cost of fingerprinting from your pay check. Don't waste your time to go through their extensive employment process.
Pros
Nothing I can think of
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, a lot of "on call days" with no compensations
Great company, lots of work
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2018
The typical day, there is no typical day. Not in a bad way just every day is different because in the medical profession it is important to make sure that all patients are safe secure and that the care is up to date and they are all fed and bathed. The company provides a lot of work and flexibility.
Pros
Friendly, courteous, and flexible.
Excellent company to work PRN per diem
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 24, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility of working PRN per diem & the diversity they provided. Great staff to work with. Very professional & caring. They make any transition as easy as possible.
Fun place for contact work good school hours.
Assist Occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 26, 2016
I worked as an COTA on a contact and it was okay. It was a contact so I mostly dealt with the school district and not the company too much.
This is an amazing company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2016
All the people are nice, and will work with your schedule. This is an amazing company to work for. They helped me find a job when there was nothing else available. Management is always helpful, and always looking to help you advance.
Great, different work enviorment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ione, CADecember 5, 2015
Around inmates and great staff. Love to help out the RN with inmate work in ER setting. Also suicide watch for mental heath inmates
Pros
Less work, great co workers
Cons
high alert, no breaks
Unreliable
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2013
The travel nursing department was unreliable and unprofessional.
Positive Company to work for
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2013
Although I was laid off from my last job through no fault of my own or my agency, my agency has made every effort to find another opportunity and they have done so with professionalism and optimism

While working for this company, I was assigned to Ontario Montclair School District where I worked for 6 weeks until they decided to let go of Agency employees and hire from within. While working for this employer, I can safely say that this is the best assignment I have ever had in terms of the population I worked with (children) and the caring coworkers and staff who quickly became my friends.

My typical day at work involved seeing children at different school sites for mostly handwriting and fine motor training as it applied to schoolwork, or working with autistic children guiding them in functional play and pre-writing activities.
Pros
Love working with children making the job very enjoyable Excellent pay
Cons
Job security poor due to it being an agency, client uses therapist until finds less expensive alternative
I enjoy my job because of the 1:1 gives me to care for my patient
sitter/ CNA (Current Employee) –  durham VA hospitalSeptember 4, 2013
This job assist me in understanding different personality and how to approach their different needs.
The management is very understanding and will work with you.
hardest part of my job is that once your patient is comfortable there is no much to do to keep busy.
I truly enjoy keeping my patient happy and comfort able
Pros
Its close to home, and it usually is a preferred empolyer.
Horrible Experience!!!
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2012
The jobs that are assigned to the employees are labor intensive. There is no over time from facilities. You are treated as if you do not belong at the hospitals you work at. The staff does not care about your well-being. They will work you the PM shift and then the AM shift with no break. Even when they tell you to take a break it is only to catch up on your work because you can not have overtime and are required to take a lunch so that they do not get in trouble.
Pros
a job
Cons
low wages, no benefits, no staff support, no references from contracted companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage On Call. Our community is ready to answer.