Advantage Rent A Car Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good ompany with goiod management.
Return agent (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HI 96766June 11, 2018
Very fast paced and physically taxing but a good company to work for. If fast paced and physical work is for you then highly recommend this company. Good pay and good mnanagement.
Pros
Wonderful management and free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Scheduling is eratic
Car rental agency
Location Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 30, 2018
Not a good place to work if wanting to promote quickly. Ideal job for College students needing to earn extra money. Bonus was based on daily rentals but upper management created difficult goals.
Pros
free rentals
Cons
bonus' hard to obtain
work 60-80 hours per week
unknown (Current Employee) –  unknownMay 26, 2018
I work 60-80 hours per week. 60-80 hours per week is too much time to be working. Most of us are frustrated because of a shortage of willing employees.
Pros
good salary
Cons
i work 60-80 hours per week
Closed down
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 27, 2018
They shut us down with no warning and let the whole office go. But while opened great place to work. Easy enough work and nice boss and fellow employees.
busy working environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 17, 2018
busy, especially on holidays the line is out the door you have people in your face asking for cars and some of the could be really rude but you just have to keep your cool
poor place to work
Flex agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2018
Managers didn't care enough to fix things but cared enough to get you in trouble for small things and to save their jobs things were never easy all the small things where a problem with some managers.
hits and misses
Supreme customer service (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working with a great team. Management was a little insensitive to personal family emergency even with valid proof. No sincere compassion from management.
Cons
you can sell your butt off and still receive a write up if you missed quota by 1
Great
Flexible Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hilo, HI 96720March 4, 2018
Great place to work, the company teaches and trains you life skills that you can take anywhere. Management and corporate was great. No employee left behind.
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Rental car positions are very demanding with high focus on customer service and loyalty. I was given the opportunity to work my way into a management position with respect from my peers and associates. Corporate management though demanding at times, were very supportive and assisted in all levels of operations. I had the pleasure of working with highly professional individuals and I found the level of customer loyalty to be outstanding as well.
it was ok
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 7, 2018
i really loved working at advantage it was a real good experience with alot of customer service and patience..i like interacting with the customers every customer has their own moods nd attitude.
Pros
when one eats they all eat
Cons
short breaks
I work at Las vegas airport, I like who I work with, it was the transfer out of state that went downhill.
Valet Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2018
I met so many people, I liked most of the crew, but! we worked together, when I transferred out of town, I was treated unfairly, even with evidence. Las Vegas was more organized, my own tried to intimated me and I just resigned, because the management ignored me, even when I was asked why I was alone working, while others where no where to be found.
Pros
I had it great in Las Vegas
Cons
when you transfer, I just wasn't feeling advancement, it was totally different
vivaz
Director Sr. de ventas (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJanuary 29, 2018
increible experiencia con ocasiones de viajar a otras oficinas para el desarrollo profesional
Rate position
Rate Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2018
I would review the different car rates for all vechicle types in Saber, Apollo, and World Span for all San Antonio and Austin locations. Update rates if needed. Also, updated policies. Will received call from other locations if rental rates had to be adjusted.
Pros
Great company
Cons
paid to low
Horrible Management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2018
A very large chunk of my commission check was taken from me due to the sales goals and yields changing....after the moth was already over. After already working to meet and exceed the goals that were given to me which I did very well. At the end of the day after approaching management with my concerns about this, I was told that is would "sting a little" but that I would "get over it".
Pros
Leniency, great pay
Cons
Management is untrustworthy
Typical Car Rental Environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2017
The management here seems to care more about sales and money than their employees or their safety. Although, the benefits are pretty good and incentives seem average. Compared to other companies, Advantage/EZ is very unorganized and could use some training in planning and forecasting future vehicle reservations. Employees here have an "it isn't my job" and "i don't make enough money to care" type of attitude.
Pros
Monthly commission in addition to hourly pay and full benefits.
Cons
Unsafe environment.
overall ok place to work
Reservations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2017
nice people to work with, clean work area, lunchroom with fridge & microwave, clean restrooms, ample parking, managers/ supervisors/ leads good people
Pros
clean work place
Cons
dealing with some people at rental locations
Over worked and not appreciated
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 21, 2017
Advantage use to be a great place to work for..But management & staff changes like you change your clothes!!! (Daily) & corp doesn't give a shii about their employees all they care about are numbers and how they can save a dollar.This is the lowest payed rental company around georgia..Which is minimum wage but they'll wrk you as if your on a salary..Management know that the rental agents be lying and cheating the customers but they dnt say anything bc once again its beneficial to the company.
Pros
Commission is great when they dnt cheat you!!
Cons
No room for growth with the company, They hire outsiders instead of promoting within.
renting cars at a airport
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLDecember 12, 2017
you rent cars to travelers. some are happy some area not. must have great control over your emotions because this job will test them everyday. you are rated on how you can handle the happy customer and the customers that are unhappy.
great people to work with
Location /City Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 10, 2017
Advantage is great place to work, and the most enjoyable part is interacting with all kinds of people from all kinds of walks of life.
I have learned a lot from trouble shooting, to problem solving to adequately making sure that all clientele will leave with all satisfactory information and happy with the results.
Very fun for people who like driving cars
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 25, 2017
Working this job is very cool. The managers are very friendly and are always willing to help out. A lot of the other members of the staff work very well together and are really team driven. If you are a team player this is the job for you. Also for any car lovers, you spend a minimum of 2 hours inside cars of a bunch of makes and models. The work speeds fluctuate depending on the season. During the holiday seasons it gets really busy and fast paced. But all in all it was very fun working here.