Advantage Security Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Supportive and collaborative work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
Working for Advantage Security Inc. provided me with a good opportunity to improve my customer service skills. Furthermore, the site at which I was employed provided the opportunity to get a lot of fresh air during patrols.
Scheduling nightmare
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 2, 2018
For what they pay you, it's often not worth it. The sites can be dangerous and the schedule brutal. At many sites you're on your own. They often work around your schedule but sometimes try to get you to work outside your availability.
Pros
Employment
Cons
No advancement, no raise.
I Loved it there,
Colorado Proprietary courier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 28, 2018
I wish I didn't have to relocate but due to a divorce I needed to move to far away from my job site. Best job I had in many years though the pay was low the people I worked with and around were great.
Pros
Job Site and Management
Cons
pay was a bit hard to live on in the denver area.27
Its a Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2018
They hire fast but no room for advancement or no benefits. They need to give the employees benefits and a better hourly wage. This is a job that will get you by.
Not worth it
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DTCJuly 26, 2018
The Security Industry as a whole lacks opportunities for advancement. Stay away. I did meet some nice people where I worked at, which was nice. Looking for a career change now.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Management changed and became ineffective - lack of advancement opportunities
Long hours, Low pay
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2018
Advantage is a company that is run in such an extremely disorganized manner I am amazed it is still in business. The mangers disregard anything said by site leads until it becomes to late and the turnover rate is one of the highest I've ever known. save yourself the effort and apply to a company with a better rating.
Great place to work, very quiet
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 11, 2018
Nice office setting, very quiet. Learned about security systems with ADT. The owner is very driven and has been in business for 20 years. I enjoyed working with the sales staff and technicians.
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
No healthcare
Was a fun job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 21, 2018
Met some very nice people and was lucky to land a great location. Learned many different systems. Learned workplace politics play a big role in things. Quickly moved my way up but saw no pay advantages, only choice of days and hours worked. Worked 12 hour days on occasion and it quickly burned me out. Only left to be closer to home.
Pros
Fun, Learn A lot, Great hours, Great people, Family Owned
Cons
Far drive
Good atmosphere and people.
Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 13, 2018
I have not worked frequently but when I have it has been a good experience and the people I have worked with are kind and understanding. They are helpful and fun to work with while getting the job done.
Great people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 10, 2018
None of the schedules worked for myself and my young family, but enjoyed the jobs and loved the people. Was given the opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people everyday. I will and do miss this job.
Pros
never the same thing
Great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
I had an amazing time working for advantage it was a great experience I was glad I was able to work for them can't say enough good things about this place
Good place to work with change to work additional hours
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 5, 2018
Good place to work with challenging patrols. Interesting job with good management. Change to get additional hours and willing to work with you on filling positions
Pros
Gave me good equipment and vehicles to use
Cons
Short notice of need for you to work additional shifts
Overall
SECURITY/ OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Denver COMarch 9, 2018
I apply myself everyday and do much more than should. I know im not appreciated. When the contract was over i was told that I would get a raise. I didn't get that raise and I using more skills than should
hmm
security officer here I did the following (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 6, 2018
ASI wasnt all that bad it was just annoying that they would call you every other to check if you stay longer. Which is nice for some extra overtime. They really dont back you up if something goes wrong. Also and this is the biggest problem they have no communication between the schedulers.
Excellent security company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2018
Very welcoming; always treated with respect; good pay and benefits; go above and beyond to take care of employees. Ample time off; open communication; flexible work schedule
My experience at Advantage
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 29, 2018
I LOVED IT!!!
I have nothing bad to say about advantage security. they kept me working, they kept my pockets filled, they never denied me overtime and they didnt mind me working 7 days straight! i enjoyed my time with them and i feel its a shame we had to part ways.
Fair
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 12, 2018
I would rate it fair. The work hours sucks for me. Scheduling guys are pleasure to work, they will give you any sort of extra hours you want. The HR didnt gave me any paid time off after working for 1 year.
Pros
Steady work envoirment
Cons
No pay advancemt, no paid time off
Good Company to learn how to be professional
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80014November 13, 2017
I am very happy to give my review concerning my experience with Advantage Security. Trustworthy, well-balanced, created and customer service oriented company.The company has enabled me the opportunity to learn and value the importance of service, responsibility and professionalism.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
breaks, etc
General overview work but not fun
Residential alarm installer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2017
This company is a up-and-coming ADT dealer very small staff one secretary therefore the infant structure that is needed to help facilitate the procurement of any job was very minimum
I must say that my time there and working with them I did enjoy it and I would work there again if circumstances calls for it while it was a small company everybody work together as a team and it has great potential for growth
It's an easy security job
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 21, 2017
Scheduling office was the worst thing about the job, they would lie to you over the phone about a shift and slot you in for a double shift before you realized. You can possibly be left on site past your shift time due to scheduling office not calling your relief for you and lie to you saying that they did.Every so often you might have to deal with some wild life. Communications between sites and the scheduling is a major issue.
Cons
Comunications, Wildlife, Scheduling office