Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,981 reviews matching the search See all 2,001 reviews
Loved this job!
Sample Distributor (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 14, 2018
This job was a great opportunity, and offered a chance to help people in the mental health field. The atmosphere was very laid back, aimed at healing.
Pros
Casual dress code, on site food, meaningful work
Cons
Let go with no explanation
Great events to learn
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
This is a great job for a people person with great customer service skills. If you enjoy representing store products and setting up your area for displays and samples for customers, you will enjoy this job. It pays pretty well, but very little hours.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Very little hours
Great Part time job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 14, 2018
Would be a good place to work part time but full time expectations are off the charts! Pay doesn't compensate for the amount of work or wear and tear on your vehicle.
great place
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
This will allow you to learn the ins and outs of a call center. Working with third parties can be fun because you not only learn what your company does to be successful but you will also learn new practices from other companies.
Work and more work
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 13, 2018
The company was more concerned with meeting deadlines at any cost than with the well being of its employees. They had deadlines to meet and would do so at any cost. Most people worked at least three hours of over time per day.
n/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 11, 2018
I sit in a car for 8 hours a day and drive around different parking lots playing chicken with the patrons of the many different establishments at my current site
Physically demanding
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MINovember 9, 2018
This job will keep you in shape, or help you lose weight.

You are constantly on your feet on concrete for at least 6 hours a day. Squatting, walking up ladders, stepping on your tippy toes, just honestly standing in the most awkward positions for a decent amount of time. Your first day will leave you feeling broken.

In reality, you are underpaid for the amount of physical labor you’re doing, but it makes up for the fact that you get to choose the time you come in to work and leave. It’s very flexible and you aren’t “clocked in” you write down the amount of time your set took to do on a app.

You get a 15 minute lunch break every 4 hours that is paid. And you’re expected to get whatever it is that you started, done that day, even if it takes 12 hours. You are not allowed to leave a set unfinished unless approved by the manager.

Overall, my experience with this company was well. I met some very good people, and the schedule being so flexible was the best part of the job, you also never work weekends right holidays. Your work week is usually Monday-Thursday. (As long as your work week is finished and up to date)
Pros
Flexible schedule, never work on weekends and holidays, put in your own hours.
Cons
No pay raises, no room to advance, physically exhausting.
An Upbeat Place to Work
Communications Strategist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 9, 2018
A.S. is a energetic place to work, full of upbeat people, and a positive environment. On the whole, I found most people very happy to work there, particularly as the company offers many opportunities for advancement.
Stressful with no hours or benefits.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 8, 2018
Your not able to move from your cart or talk to your colleagues unless your on your half an hour break, while uninvited customers lollygag and make you uncomfortable while you can do nothing about it but wait to be relieved or someone notices and says something. Other coworkers believe they have the upper hand and are allowed to do anything they please, unnecessary gossiping and speaking down on others. Great to meet and interact with some people.
Pros
Free samples.
Cons
Standing for 6 hours.
Not a great place at all.
Order to Cash (Former Employee) –  grand RapidsNovember 8, 2018
All I have to say is high volume of work and no raises ever, no advancement either and I worked for them close to 3 years. Management does not take concerns or suggestions at all. Benefits and pay is very very low for the volume of work that is being requested. If you are ok with $12-$14 per hour for a job that should be paying you $18-$22 then by all means go ahead. There is a ton of micromanaging as well as discrimination that happens to employees and nothing is ever settled.
Pros
A job
Cons
No raises, bad pay, benefits expensive, no
Current Job
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92612November 7, 2018
I've learned that this corporation is very disorganized. They never have the supplies necessary to do my job. I get very little pay for all of my responsibilities I have to do.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No benefits, no room for growth
Work life of a retail merchandiser...
Retail Projects Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Delaware County & Chester County, PANovember 5, 2018
This position demands a LOT of time, especially during holidays. and back to school time. The position is listed as a PT position, but generally you end up with over 50 hours including travel. If you don't like driving to multiple locations THIS is not the job for you.
Pros
Flexible and always work available
Cons
Requires lots of driving.
Working at Advantage
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCNovember 5, 2018
I worked on a reset team and I loved it. The only reason I left was because they do not give you enough hours the shifts were 7am - 3pm with a one hour lunch and you only work 4 days a week, unfortunately I can't provide for my family on those small amount of hours.
Ok for temporary job or retired workers
Event Specialist, Advantage Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 1, 2018
No upward mobility, no value placed on experience or amount of time in with company. Managers are really only scheduling from remote location everything done in computers, from time clock to information regarding events, it's good if you enjoy working independently as much of the job is about making it work and getting things done on your own. I like that part of the job if your someone who has to be told what to do at work then this is not for you. This job is such that you will solve problems, set up demos, find product and maintain health guidelines on your own. The autonomy is my favorite part of this job.
Pros
Flexible if your a student or retired
Cons
Low hours and pay
work was very laid back
Event Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 1, 2018
no benefits,no chance of advancement & management could care
less about their employees.I sold mor than anymore working for
this company to no avail.
Pros
Cons
no change for advancement of any kind.
Management was not good. Racial harassment on the job.
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sams Club in Glen Carbon ILOctober 30, 2018
I worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing fo five years. I enjoyed interacting with my customers. I enjoyed doing demonstrations with food and liquor. I enjoyed working with some of the employees. I didn't enjoy the management. Management was not professional and didn't support their employees. I loved watching customers enjoy my food demonstrations.
Pros
Enjoyed the customers and Sams Club was close to home.
Cons
People were harassed on the job.
Bad working environment in Walmart
Event Specialist/Sales & Marekting P/T (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
Most of the time the products you are to sample are not available.
Walmart assistant managers are rude to us.
customers complain all the time
No cooperation from Walmart Associates
Pros
i liked the hours
Cons
bad working environment
fun workplace
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
go into the store, sign in at the front desk, set up the cart, purchases supplies to be used to demonstrate. try to initiate customers to try the new products and purchase them.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
standing for 6 hours in one place
Very stressful job overall
Club Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 30, 2018
I did not enjoy the job, it awas very stressful and my employees took advantage of me quite often.I was 23 at the time and the employees had at least 20-30 years of age above me.
Good job to meet people. Not stressful
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Event specialists offer samples of products and get feedback from customers. You should like interacting with people and presenting products. Good Place to work part time for extra income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss