Advantage Solutions

Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

United States3,377 reviews

Found 3,377 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,441 reviews
demosampleproductasmstoresolutioneventmileage

Only as good as your supervisor

I have worked for Advantage in past for 4 years and loved it until they hired a new supervisor that made everyone's life mixable and everyone left. I have again worked for them for 3 years and loved it until they hired a new supervisor and the turnover is constant. With Covid and as we the merchandisers have been out working since day 1, my supervisor never went out in the field for almost 4 months and had conference call with us that were working and blasted us for not doing our jobs and our numbers suck and we weren't getting raises.

Pros

If you have a good leader

Cons

micro managed

family atmosphere

Good companythey have their institute to learnthey are good providers for learning and growlike the promotionpay benefits are goodmanagers are goodno cons

August 18, 2022
We appreciate your positive comments about Advantage. It's because of exceptional associates like you and your Customer Service team that we're able to provide best-in-class services to some of America's favorite brands. Thank you for your continued hardwork, we hope to see you grow your career with us!

Advantage Solutions insights

Based on 1,577 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Demo

Very big company. They let you do your job independently. Pay is average to below. No raises. Fun job. District Manager was not the greatest people person.

August 18, 2022
We appreciate your feedback about your experiences on the Advantage team. Comments like yours are valuable and assist us as we work to meet the evolving needs of our organization.We invite you to share any additional details on how Advantage can better assist our associates by emailing ADV.cares@advantagesolutions.net.

Good hours. Low pay

The work isn't terrible (occasionally a rough day) but the hours are great and very consistent. The pay is low though and if you work hard, you'll be given the harder sets, while less competent people get away with doing significantly less work on easier, smaller sets.

August 18, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide candid feedback about your experiences on the Advantage team. We're constantly learning and improving and your insight is essential to this process.We invite you to share any additional details on how Advantage can better serve our associates by emailing ADV.cares@advantagesolutions.net.

My outlook on Advantage Solutions

I like everything about working for Advantage except the driving. I do have to do a lot of driving. I really appreciate the flexibility I have with my schedule to accommodate a school schedule

August 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about your experiences as a Retail Merchandiser! Comments like yours are valuable to our organization and for potential candidates to see what it's like to be a part of the Advantage team.

Excellent Company to Work For

I have worked for the company for over 5 years. I’ve had several promotions into different positions. We are now working from home full time. I think it’s impossible to get fired as management really tries to work with you. That would actually be my biggest con. While it’s great they promote people who work hard, it’s also tiring working with people who clearly do not even deserve a job. But I came from a company that would fire anyone at any moment of the day so…

August 16, 2022
Associates like yourself are our greatest asset and we are so appreciative of your hardwork and commitment to grow your career with Advantage. We'd love to learn more about your career journey as a Customer Service Representative and be able to spotlight your success; please reach out to us as at ADV.cares@advantagesolutions.net to share more details!

Great company

Like walking into a dream everyday. Executive leadership is empethetic and understands the employees. Leave your problems at the door kind of job...

August 16, 2022
We love hearing about your Event Manager team and your amazing manager! This supportive and collaborative team relationship is what we aim to cultivate at Advantage and thank you for your contribution. If you’d like to share additional details or give a formal shoutout to your team, please email us as ADV.cares@advantagesolutions.net.

Just okay

The marketing company is a bunch of people that work behind a desk and don’t really know what goes on in the market. Unrealistic expectations for certain territories. It should be a state by state case considering every states rules are different

Fun

So far so good haven’t been here that long I learn that resetting is easy the environment is awesome there is nothing hard about the job Working together

August 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about your experiences on the Advantage team! Comments like yours are valuable to our organization and for potential candidates to see what it's like to be a part of our team.

Productive and very well Managed

A typical day at work was very pleasant, I learned how to set up different events for customers to experience, management was generally supportive nice.

August 11, 2022

High turnover for a reason

Its a hard job if you do it right and the people you work with are many times inept. They were pretty good about letting me stay in whatever hotel I chose.

August 11, 2022

Productive and fun workplace.

I enjoyed the variety of top-notch products that I invited the public to enjoy. I enjoyed the camaraderie many of the same customers and the other employees of Advantage Solutions.

August 8, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about your experiences as an Event Specialist! Comments like yours are valuable to our organization and for potential candidates to see what it's like to be a part of the Advantage team.

Be flexible, get food & alcohol certified!

Good job if you don't want à lot of hours. Must be self suffitient and à self starter. There is not à lot of management support. Getting certified to serve alcohol is difficult but the pay is better!

August 3, 2022

The good is the people that I work with

Great company love my work schedule and bosses Trying to get back into my sales position I missed it I love to work with different company's I work for Kellogg's for 13yrs

Pros

A great self starter

Cons

Also a team player

August 3, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about your experiences as a Lead Merchandiser! Comments like yours are valuable to our organization and for potential candidates to see what it's like to be a part of the Advantage team.

Don't waste your time

This job is a joke. There is no real sales involved . The reps build displays to take pictures then tear them down right away receiving credit to win cash prizes. So the more you fake the better you are. I'd rather work with integrity. Also, sales manager is arrogant and belittling instead of encouraging and supportive. Worst experience I've ever had. Waste of time

August 3, 2022
We appreciate your feedback about your experiences on the Advantage team. Comments like yours are valuable and assist us as we work to meet the evolving needs of our organization.We invite you to share any additional details on how Advantage can better serve our associates by emailing ADV.cares@advantagesolutions.net.

Stepping stone

Overall, I enjoyed working at Advantage. I wouldn’t bet my retirement on them because of the way contracts come and go. If you have the ability to relocate often, and you don’t mind the fact that it’s completely HR controlled, this is a good comp company.

August 2, 2022

You're Just A Number

The pay is absolutely insulting for the work and experience they require. They make you run your own car into the ground, and pay next to nothing for fuel. They are constantly laying people off. I knew someone who was laid off and rehired 3 times in 3 years. There's no room for advancement. They also make you travel a lot. And you have to use your house and a storage facility for all of the displays they send you.

Pros

Work Alone, Create Own Schedule

Cons

Bad Benefits, Low Pay, Use Own Car, Low Fuel Reimbursement, Bad Job Security

August 2, 2022

Flexible schedule, travel, and good env

The company is very flexible with your work hours and days. If you have something come up in the middle of the day you can make a quick call and push your work to another day or time. As long as you finish your work for the week you are good. They are very helpful if you have questions about anything. Pay is reasonable and you will travel alot during the day.

August 1, 2022
We appreciate your positive comments about Advantage. It's because of dedicated associates like you and your Merchandiser team that we're able to provide best-in-class services to some of America's favorite brands. Thank you for your continued hardwork, we hope to see you grow your career with us!

trash experience

overall awful lol management is awful too just need to focus and get paid well it’s impossible there pay like a mcdonald’s don’t work here please find a better job less physically demanding

No one can stay.

Constant turn over. Stressful situations. No support. Lazy people get same pay and always makes everyone work over. You will never know who your manager is from one day to the next. Constant shuffling.

August 1, 2022

Huge company with some great people

They have been hit hard by COVID and the bad economy. I was in IT so I was removed from the field sales folks but there was serious turnover in those divisions. They went through many mergers and acquisitions and so there is no culture, yet, there will be but the competing groups made it difficult as there were many people that thought they knew what was best. BUT, they are still a really decent place to work, if you work hard and stick with it.

Pros

great minds at work in Marketing tactics and strategy

Cons

lack of seamless management through out/merged companies having assimilation problems

August 1, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about your experiences as a Manager of Information Technology! Comments like yours are valuable to our organization and for potential candidates to see what it's like to be a part of the Advantage team.

Common questions about Advantage Solutions

Answered by current and former employees at Advantage Solutions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Advantage Solutions with

• Advantage Solutions
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?