Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

Great manager and co workers
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Various Tucson Frys Food StoresSeptember 23, 2018
I loved my job working as a contract worker at several Fry's Food stores in Tucson. I would highly recommend working for this company. My Manager was always willing to give me extra hours if I requested them. I loved the customers and workers at Fry's.
Pros
Work on your own
Cons
Low pay
Diversity
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 22, 2018
Diversity and oppertunity. Good and direct at what and who they want to hire. Detailed job hiring process followed to the T. Recommend to seeking job clients especially consultants for flexibility and oppertunity
Productive and quick-paced
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLSeptember 22, 2018
The job itself had slow or fast days, depending on the day, but you were always busy. It's an easy job, not too stressful, I recommend working there if you really want.
Very Dishonest Hiring Process
Event Specialist, Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 22, 2018
The company "hired" me to do alcohol demos in one store 5 miles from my house at a rate of $15.80 an hour. The reality was after I signed on the dotted line, it was entry level food demos at a Walmart 30 miles away for $9.80 an hour serving up grapes and disposable wipes. Company lied to me during the hiring process just to get me to fill in/ . District supervisor was mad that I refused the work and blocked my calendar till the end of the year as revenge. No mileage, no benefits and no respect. No wonder it's a revolving door there! They have been kicked out of Sam's Clubs and Walmarts for demos and Crossmark has taken over. So, why are they still looking for people in those stores??
Pros
Not one I can think of
Cons
Too many to list
Fun but seasonal stress
Certified Peer Trainer/FT RSR (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 20, 2018
Where they generally starts at 8 AM day is over store calls are done.
What I’ve learned, MARS/Wrigley plethora of different of candies they produce.
Current manager is pretty much a micro manager not the best personal relationship skills.
Culture, seems to be pretty normal and treated fairly.
Hardest part, is beating managers expectations of getting candy product to the sales floor.
The most enjoyable part of the workday is building Customer relations with store management.
Pros
Manage whole work schedule and routing .
Cons
Benefits are expensive with low coverage, micromanaging.
All employees for ASM demos are like family
Team Lead Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 20, 2018
First thing in the morning is to get handheld computers charged and ready for demo reports.
then help each ES get on the floor in a timely manner with knowledge of the product(s) being demoed.
Assist in cleaning and organizing the kitchen.
Accurately enter demos into Movista at beginning of the day and enter upc's from demonstration into MC40 at end of the day.
make sure all demos have been performed on club computers.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay, ability to advance
Cons
no insurance, no pay raises
This is a great job for someone who just wants a few hours a week.
Sample products to the public from our clients (Current Employee) –  Batesville, ARSeptember 20, 2018
This is a amazing job for someone who really don’t need the hours, if they are just wanting something to do,the people are wonderful to work with. I might be willing to stay with the company if I find a new job that is willing to work with my hours.
Pros
Great work inviormement
Cons
To few days available to work
Bfa
Business Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2018
If you are looking to advance quickly in this company I wouldn't start out as a BFA. They give you way too many clients to work with and set the expectations too high. Most of the people do not hit their goal and there is really high turnover. When you start here they pretty much just hand you a bunch of deductions and expect you to figure it out on your own. There is no training and it's your responsibility to find someone to train you.
No advancement, perks, benefits, raises, bonuses
Product/Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parkland, FLSeptember 18, 2018
No benefits
No raises
No paid time off
No health insurance
Not enough hours
No bonuses for exceeding personal goals
No acknowledgement from corp.
No perks
Pros
fun customers, colleagues and supervisor
Cons
No bonuses, raises, benefits
Overall wonderful place to work
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I have been working at this company for almost a year. The district manager visits at least every three months for face-face interaction. He is always available for help. The job itself is easy and somewhat fun. The only downside is that works has been scarse and I have not worked a single day in the last month.
Pros
Short work days, (5 hour shifts, ) Great upper management support system, easy work.
Cons
Periods of no work, thus no pay.
Senior leadership at SVP and above are clueless
VP (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 17, 2018
Work you to death with no raise, keep your bonus, no raise, terminate people with little reason, hope you don’t get seriously sick or need leave, because they will fire you.
An employment attorney could easily make this company accountable.
Pros
They leave you to your work
Cons
Quick to fire and avoid paying bonus or raise
No commcation
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 17, 2018
This company is all over the place they tell you to do one thing but dont inform the other people on the team so that every body is on the same page. they expect for you to travel all over the city or to nearby cities to work but dont want to pay for time an travel
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
too much travel an not enough pay
awesome company to work for they really help you out and make the hiring process smooth
Home Construction Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Doral, FL 33122September 17, 2018
I love working for advantage so far, they have not let me down once. If you don't mind the hours because sometime they are long. Also, if you don't mind being off most weekends and some holidays, working at Advantage will be an awesome experience.
Pros
pay, benefits, alot of benefits, hours, raises
Cons
90 days test period, wish I found them sooner
Just Don’t
Business Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 15, 2018
The time that I spend at Advantage was awful. Management constantly lies to you, treats you as if you were a child, and for me personally, sets you up for failure. As soon as you walk in you are given little to no training but! it’s never an option to not make your deadline. They tell you they are “family orientated” but they second you have a family emergincy, they write you up! Not to mention they pay next to nothing, does not give raises nor bonases. My advice to all is to not to apply. Go find a company that’ll pay way more and actually treat you like a human being.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Great
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 14, 2018
IF the hours were not always being cut and that my manager would of gotten back to me I would still be there. I love the flexibablity and I got to choice what jobs I wanted
Pros
flexability
Cons
cutting hours
Fast paced get it done atmosphere
Account Executive Unilever DRT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
A good boss is worth their weight in gold , one that do any understand you ruined the whole game for me. I definitely enjoyed working for the company and was very enthusiastic and things of course change and I wasn’t able to have the same momentum as I had before the changes occur.
Pros
Make your own schedule, paid holiday time a plus but only during certain months of theyear
Cons
Benefits are very ok
Poor place to work
Event Specialist, Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I have been with the company a total of 45 days and it’s been a complete disaster my direct manager is rude, I explained my living situation to her in that I had to pay $400 a month in rent and she scheduled me two days a month at most 6 which is only $200 a month.
Fast paced/self paced
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2018
As an assembler you get paid per part, so you get paid what you put in. Hour you start the day when you want as long as work is done on time. Pretty basic job.
great company
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company while i was employed with them. It was quick paced and exciting, and there was always room for improvement, and learning new things.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Stressful at times.
Big company. Great for expanding skills in Brand Ambassador
Field Engagement Trainer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great company with many opportunities. You can transfer to different departments without losing earn vacation and sick time. Have part time and full time positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

50out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Advantage Solutions.