Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

I am on my 3rd manager since November and have barely wo4med since the end of that month.
Retail Project Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TraveledJanuary 16, 2018
Some things have taken place at corporate level as to where I'm on my third manager since November and haven't worked the beginning of December.several attempts made.to speak with manager that have gone unanswered.
work was okay
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Pros

Very flexible for part-time employees

Cons

No benefits, the dm down in Miami sucks he rude

Advice to Management

Establish better communicate with the laborers
Relaxed work environment
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2018
Low pay, no pay raises. Not a very challenging work environment, however supervisor was amazing. Not much room for advancement. Make your own work schedule.
most amazing place to work for
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 15, 2018
this is the most amazing place to work for the boss is amazing and does his job very well. teaches you your duties and is layed back best boss that i have had in a long time
Rewarding position
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
Good company to work for but the lack of raises is a set back. I worked for them for several years in many different positions. I would recommend this company. If you want to advance you need to establish good relationships with management.
Benefits
Cons
Seldom give raises so negotiate a higher salary upfront
Must have a tolerance for repetitive tasks
Business Analyst/Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Your co-workers are generally helpful and easy to get along with. The position itself involves standing for hours at a time repetitively giving out food samples to shoppers. The equipment is generally fairly run-down. Work hours are changed regularly by management. There is very little sense that you are connected to the company or its hierarchy.
Pros
Part-time hours
Cons
Low pay, old equipment
easy, relaxed job. no hours given though
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 14, 2018
I enjoy this job very much. It is a fun environment to work in with great co-workers and great customers. The pay rate is $11 per hour which is fair considering you are also paid for administrative duties. Management is biased and unprofessional. Workers that are favored are given more shifts due to personal friendships outside of the workplace and not on merit. I have gone through periods of two weeks without shifts.
Pros
free food, easy job
Cons
poor management, lack of hours
the most unprofessional company i ever had to work with
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 14, 2018
they has me start training and working mentioning that it would be a 3 month temp to permanent according to performance, i was in the top 5 recruiters on the floor including people working there for 3 and 4 years for 5 month. not only that they have not come through to their word of converting to permanent, but when i asked i got the reply of "we don't know"

Complete waste of time and effort
Fun but stressful work place
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, staff at club and the customers. On a typical day I would be demoing different products as in energy drinks, different types of dips for chips and other products. I would have to say that the hardest part would be getting the product temp correctly and having it out for the customers. Plus having kids always wanting samples with out parents approval. The management was really nice to work with, but it could be stressful at times because of the verbiage that was needing to be said to sale the product.

The employees at the club were very friendly and made it more enjoyable to work there.
Pros
nice atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons
not enough time to get prep done, and also there were very slow times that made the day go very slow.
Does not motivate
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 14, 2018
You are you own boss in a sense. They expect you to call the stores at the beginning of the week to inform them of the demo and to ensure product on the shelf. Typically in my area I do not meet their goals, but when I file my reports I am encouraged to report higher sale to allow my manager to schedule more demos for me.

I would recommend this as like a second job or maybe to retired people if that can stand for long periods.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
unrealistic goal and lack of business
Easy job
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 12, 2018
This is a good job for someone that is needing just a little part time job. Hours aren't great. Just depends on the amount of demos the store has out at the time. But it's a good job.
Pros
Pretty laid back
Cons
Short lunches, not steady on work
no advancement
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2018
No room for advancement unless you are part of the click. Managers kept the majority of the bonus that you worked extremely hard for!
Still friends with a few of my coworkers.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no advancement
review of Advantage
Sales, Marketing & Technology (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 12, 2018
A good company but is going thru a structural reorganization. My territory is being eliminated and I am being merged onto another sales team This is the fourth time in five years this has happened. Little pa and this are the cons. Managers and and everything else is pro
fun workplace
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company and I would happily work for them again. The people I worked with were informative, I was given every tool and information needed to do my job, I could always count on my manager to be on the other end of the phone if I needed help. The hardest part of my job was carrying around the beauty case.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
carrying the beauty case
Horrible place to work!
I'm a driven professional. (Former Employee) –  Cutler ridge BJ'sJanuary 12, 2018
You have to deal with their clients abuse and when you advise them that you are being miss treated they fire you in retaliation. This company was a horrible experience not ethical at all and not worth the stress!!!!
Cons
great opportunity for someone looking to make a little extra cash
Executive Administrative Assistant/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Flexible schedule with the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of people. An excellent second job or one for those individuals wanting to put a little extra cash in their pocket while enjoying a face paced and fun environment presenting food and beverage options to the public.
Not a well run company
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2018
If you are fine working in a chaotic, low performance environment, this is your place. You will work a lot of hours, you will not get a raise and you will not get a bonus.
The best conditions for a part-time job.
EVENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San angelo, TXJanuary 11, 2018
You'll find being an Event Specialist for Advantage Solutions quite favorable for University Students as well as anyone who wishes for a healthy amount of extra income. It is a call-in job, but I have usually been scheduled at least 2 times per week and there are times of the year when they needed me twice as much. However, the typical workday changes based on which event, for some are very easy and others take a little more time and focus. An event comes in a box shipped to the store, you will open the box after signing in and quickly go through your choirs until you bring out your cart. Some promotions are simple, as stated, and will take 30 or so minutes, whilst others take more time. Management is not there, so you will quickly learn if you are the kind of person able to work without someone watching you. Eventually, they will find out if you cannot be trusted though, so try your best to be honest. For some that honesty is the hardest part of the job, but for others, it is the rejection. Afterall, you're in sales so you have to learn to deal with rejection.
The most enjoyable part of the job may very well be developing your social and cooking skills whilst also meeting usually nice people.
Pros
Productive Social Skills, Productive Cooking Skills
Cons
30 Minute Lunch Break
Laid back
EVENT SPECIALIST/SALES (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Working at Advantage Solutions is very relaxed and laid back. The work pace can pick up and slow down at times. Coworkers are nice, absolute no drama. My manger is great to work for.
fast pace but fun
Event Specialist Lead, Making sure all employees (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
I was going to school when I worked at ASM.
The school found me the job. It was great we had fun
the company was growing fast they had me all over the city.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8