Advantage Solutions

Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

United States2,962 reviews
Found 2,962 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Advantage Solutions selected this as a representative review
Great Company to work for. Flexible and plenty of opportunity for advancement. All management from 1st tier to corporate level are amazing and work crossly with you. Its really like having a second family.
Worked for them over 15 years and seen nothing but cheap raises,no real career advancements,vacation time is ok,overall is a dead end job with some limited job perks,nothing more,nothing less!
Pros
vacation time is good if you work within the right division
Cons
cheap raises, too much kissing up to clients, dead end job enviroment, expensive health benefits, too much commuting between stores
Overall a great place to work. Team mates were helpful and friendly. You must be physically able to manuever a 400 lb cart by yourself. HR was quick to provide accommodations if needed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours.
Reaching management is impossible, the pay is terrible. Some employees get paid more than you, especially while going to special events. RUN, don’t walk away.
Cons
I was told by my manager that there was no advancement within the company. And that there were no raises in pay. I spent a lot of time helping other workers with their demos, besides running my own.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I liked my time with Advantage Solutions. The people I worked with directly were great and the corporate people seemed to care about us. I enjoyed working in a team and helping the business we worked with succeed.
Pros
Great and diverse people to work with. Flexible scheduling.
You get your location (supermarket) assigned on a calendar and you go there and set up your presentation, e.g. adult beverage demo table.
You have an app on your phone where you sign in and out and where you log details of the event.

Demos are really fun as you get to meet a variety of people of all walks of life as you present your beer or wine samples to the customer. It was fun to engage customers in conversations and then encourage them to buy the product.
Pros
great work life balance due this being a part time job
Cons
none for me
I loved being an event specialist. I would do it again. I did not like who I worked for which made the job difficult. I would work for the company again I just wouldn't want to work at the same place I worked.
No pay for going to the store that you start and no pay for driving home from your last store worked; this means you are only paid 2/3rds of what you should be paid. You’ll be paying for your own vehicle (wear and tear), insurance, cellular bill and making money (commissions) for everyone but you. If you are diligent and have integrity, lunch and breaks aren’t possible if you need to get the job done. If you’re smart and have common sense, you’ll look for a better job opportunity!
Pros
Cons
A lot
Regional repeatedly yelled and screamed while telling me to lie about what I was able to achieve in the stores and thus, lie to our client, also, so she was assured of bonuses we didn't get a share of and risk our jobs in the process. Corporate not only didn't care upon hearing of the extent she would go to make her numbers and be able to give the client a false impression of what was going on in the field, they promoted her in spite of it.
Pros
No office to go to. Fun job. Generous mileage.
Cons
Cutthroat, intimidating and hostile work environment.
Everything on hold until company goes public. It's already over a two year wait with salaries frozen and no opportunity to advance. Company now using Covid to justify closing offices and forcing all office workers to work remotely. There has been no consideration with the hardship this will cause many workers. Unlike other companies, Advantage is offering no financial assistance to set up home offices causing a financial burden on the lowest paid admin staff.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay frozen and no hope for advancement
Very nice place to work simple job once you get the hang of it the program is easy love the way I went to different locations everyday always met new people
Interesting company to work for. Not enough communication with employees on a location basis. Companies associated with Advantage should offer more opportunities for senior employees.
Pros
trying new products
Cons
too much standing
It's a great company very friendly very flexible I've been here for years I don't intend to go anywhere else. The opportunity for a promotion is available
Pros
Opportunity to promote in work and do new things
Cons
Communication sometimes can be unclear
They dont offer hand on training. It's all online. Most the time the store managers dont know why you are there. You are completely on your own. You get paid either way for being there. Its unorganized most the time so you have to figure things out on your own.
I would go out of my way to help train other new advantage event specialists who were there the same day as me. longer you do it the more
Pros
Short weekend shifts
Cons
Unorginized.
If you like to talk to people, and try to sell your product, you will succeed.
If you have a poor outlook of yourself and the world-stay home, it reflects off other people and poor representation of you and the company that you work for. I actually liked the Event Specialist job, too bad they discontinued it due to the Corona Virus.
Advantage has developed a great reputation for engaging their employees and paying for the job they do. They follow all policy and procedures. Some positions can be difficult and separated from other areas in the company but in all it is a good job!
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
Pay
learned a whole lot,i loved working with the people that taught me a whole lot,i wish I could work thru the company again and I really liked doing what I did.
I wasn't at all satisfied with this job. Other than a brief online orientation, I didn't receive preparation for this job. The first day that i came to this job, I didn't meet my supervisor, In fact, I never met my supervisor at all while I worked this job. My supervisor was very unresponsive to my emails.

Besides this, the hour-punching app that we used was extremely buggy. Sometimes, the app would crash when I wanted to enter in my work hours and break hours. As a result, it would appear as if I didn't work any hours at all.

The job itself is drab and boring. You just stand there, waiting for people to walk up to your table. You don't feel like you're apart of Advantage Solutions. You feel more like a random person standing in a store. While the customers themselves are friendly, there are periods where the store would be light on foot traffic. At these points, you're basically doing nothing at all.

Even the people working at the store had no awareness of Advantage Solutions. If I asked where to get my apron, for example, they would ask me who sent me to work at the place. Doesn't Advantage Solutions inform the store employees at all? Why have a partnership with a store then?

What a terrible business to work for. Won't work here again. The pay isn't nearly worth it.
Cons
Poorly managed, lack of structure, very mindless and boring
There are no advancements in this job field, there are no pay raises either. This is a decent job if you just need some part time work and of course its pretty laid back and fun.
I give 1 star to the company because I know a person that work there and never received help for part of the supervisor and she need to work sick and the supervisor never appear when she need him .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lazy Supervisor, not to much beneficies for partirme workers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.7
Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.