Advantage Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 2,169 reviews matching the search See all 2,192 reviews
A+ Employer
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 18, 2019
This company is fair. The communication is top notch. My direct supervisor is knowledgeable, respectful, and he listens. When he works along side me it is a training experience he is a company man but is beyond fair to his employees. I have received a raise each year. Even when this company is going through difficult changes as a employee you are kept in the loop and well informed.
Tempory Job
Marketing Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2019
This was a temporary job.
Responsible for creating, implementing and optimizing event at Sam’s club. Set up of events, preparation of products. Interact directly with customers by providing information on promoted products/services. Distribute product samples and information to source new sales by generating product awareness. Report on daily activity and experiences (guest interest level, questions asked, numbers of samples/flyers distributed, feedback on areas visited). This position was eliminated when the Sam’s Club that I was working at was closed for business.
Ok Temporary job
Delightful Discoveries Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 18, 2019
Temporary job everything set up in remote locations and not much company interaction. Simply a vendor sponsored product demonstration and sampling station located in retail establishments
Nice okay
Demostration cook. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 17, 2019
I liked that everyone got off at the same time and the pay was decent. I like cooking. Friendly faces . I like the people try your food. And usually makes them wanna buy.
Pros
Cooking. Okay pay
Cons
Not enough pay. Bi weekly pay.
I loved satisfying customers!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 17, 2019
I had a great work experience from my appearance at work to cooking small dishes advertising different things in the store most importantly seeing smiles on the customers faces after they left my sample carts it helped me grow as a person bringing me out my shy shell thank you Advantage for everything you taught me I use your work ethics everyday in life!
Benefits
Cons
No cons
Could work at my own pace. Loved the environment and people.
Event Specialist for Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  MacAurther West VirginiaJanuary 17, 2019
This job was my very first job right out of high school. Making $12 an hour I thought I was doing pretty good for myself! I loved the people and environment in which I worked. I was very confident in the work and products I promoted. The longer I worked the more I realized my work days was not promised. I could work for seven days straight bringing home good money. Then the next week I’d hardly have two days and bring home about the amount of gas money it took just to get me their. It was very fun and exciting at first. I got put on schedule many days at a time. Then all of a sudden I lost my days and wasn’t coming out ahead anymore.
Pros
Boss not on site.
Cons
No set schedule. Some weeks I worked less then others.
Hated it
Order to Cash Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 16, 2019
I would never go back to this place, nor would I ever recommend someone to this place. They get you in by making fake promises such as yearly raises and plenty of opportunity for advancement. The pay for this job is incredibly low, so hey con you into thinking your investing in yourself. Take a little pay cut here, add a little experience there... BUT Its a lie. I worked there for 3 years and never once received a raise, would always be for one reason or another "wasn't in the budget" "We lost a big client". Just wasn't worth the "experience" I thought id be getting. Not to mention, if you dare get on anyone's bad side you'd be better off quitting on the spot. The level of cattiness and open retaliation at this job is astonishing. If you value yourself and know your worth the job nor the pay is enough.
Poor Management, little to no hours.
Specialty Project Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 16, 2019
This company is very poorly ran. They have 0 communication, inconsistent hours, you can work 20 one week and only 1 hour a week for months. Employees are not trained and have no one to communicate with in management, they will send you to another employee or brush you off. High turn over rate due to lack of training, communication, and low wages.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, hours, management
No communication is the company motto
Food and alcohol event specialist (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDJanuary 16, 2019
It was beyond frustrating trying to communicate with anyone in this out of state company with an ever changing roster of managers. Even payroll doesn't get back to you. You only hear from them once, when they need something, if you try to continue a conversation, be it email or text, once they get your initial yes or no, any other questions will be ignored. It is very disrespectful and no one seems to really care at headquarters. Where ever that is.
The job itself is great if you like people, which I do. The money is great for a weekend part time job. It's just too bad they don't give a darn about their employees. They might retain more people.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
No communication from company
the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing
sample person (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2019
no contact between managers. one tells you one thing and another tells you something different. so you never know what to do. i was accused of abandoning my work space and i had not been assigned a work space yet. how does that happen
Pros
Cons
irrational managers
Toxic Enviorment
(Lead) Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2019
This place is beyond toxic. The management is awful (went through 5 managers in the year I was there) and there is poor communication throughout the company. My manager made things personal when I went to Human Resources when she told me not to and took my hours away. Not only that but gossip is rampant and worse than grade school. I would never recommend working here.
Horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2019
Worked here for about 4 months. Over this time went through 4 different schedulers. Had a second job and every time new scheduler got hired they would try and make me work when I wasn’t avaliable due to other job. If you tell them you have another job they say others don’t want your hours. However several times there were other employees that would tell me they’d love the hours but supervised would still lie and say they couldn’t find anyone to work. When I asked to only work 1-2 days a week couldn’t get that. I would get 4, stating nobody wanted the hours.
Pros
Cons
Horrible managment
Don't work here
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2019
They're customer services is poor and company policies are designed to screw you. I worked for them for over a year and they treated me like dirt. When I asked to speak to a higher up about the issues I was having with the company they flat refused.
I miss it already!
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I really enjoyed my job at Advantage and would recommend the company highly.
I only left because medical issues prevent me from getting my job done.
Safe and secure job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 11, 2019
Once hired on your job will be secure, unless you mess up royally or the stores you cover get removed, they have quarterly job reviews, but they know on a daily basis just how well you are completing your job.
Customer Service - Micro-management H*$#
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2019
I'm not sure about the Tampa office but the Customer Service office in G.R. is run by people who are instructed to micro-manage all employees. I'm talking about screen shots of how long you've been idle on Skype, having your manager as a "Delegate" in your email so that they can read anything that comes into your inbox or leaves your outbox, I understand if it's business related but they don't stop there and people have been wrongfully accused of things that management took out of context. The nepotism has been, in the past, out of control and people are pitted against each other in loyalty battles. If you want to work in a real life soap opera, this is the place to be.
Pros
You will learn a lot and be able to take your knowledge with you to a better paying job.
Cons
No raises and high pressure to perform. Bonuses for meeting goals, if any, are a FRACTION of what gets paid out to senior management. $200.00 compared to their $10, 000.00
cool job
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 8, 2019
great place to working friendly and easy to learn how the company works. hardest thing about this company is all the information you have to remember.
Advantage Solution is a fun Job
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day is setting up event cart and reading event Manuel preparing product to be demo. meeting consumers and greeting them while educating them on the product you're demo.
Pros
Fun and easy work
Cons
Benifits
Fun place to work
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Work overall was very simple and not complex. I learned how to interact with ongoing customers in the store. Management had very poor communication skills.
Excellent Opportunity to learn marketing
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 8, 2019
I began working at Advantage to gain experience with product and sales for technology in multiple sales channels. Advantage is the marketing arm for Unilever and manages the distribution through Walmart, Target and other retail stores. It is a great way to get experience in the Product Management arena
Pros
Many locations
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss