Advantage Solutions Culture reviews

Found 294 reviews matching the search See all 2,046 reviews
Fun but seasonal stress
Certified Peer Trainer/FT RSR (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 20, 2018
Where they generally starts at 8 AM day is over store calls are done.
What I’ve learned, MARS/Wrigley plethora of different of candies they produce.
Current manager is pretty much a micro manager not the best personal relationship skills.
Culture, seems to be pretty normal and treated fairly.
Hardest part, is beating managers expectations of getting candy product to the sales floor.
The most enjoyable part of the workday is building Customer relations with store management.
Pros
Manage whole work schedule and routing .
Cons
Benefits are expensive with low coverage, micromanaging.
Great stepping stone company
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
Advantage Solutions is a very stable international corporation that works with extremely big clients. Strong job security and always room for advancement as long as you're a competent worker. Typically very understanding, family friendly management that won't throw you under the bus or take advantage of you.

The trade off is the pay tends to in the lower tiers of the industry standard for each position, and while advancement is usually an option, they increase in pay is usually very incremental and never substantial. The benefits are also on the more expensive side compared to other corporations. 401K is a plus, but overall the compensation is what could be improved the most.

This is a great company to obtain experience in a clean, professional environment.
Pros
Room for growth, well managed, great culture
Cons
Pay tends to be on lower spectrum of industry standards
Nice place to work with opportunities to advance your career
Customer Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2018
The workplace culture is very supportive and likes to hire within. They urge you to develop a career path you want to achieve and help you get there.

Expect to pay higher benefits with high deductibles.
Pros
Good management, friendly atmosphere, nice place to work
Cons
High cost of benefits
Very enjoyable working environment
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 28, 2018
working for advantage solutions allowed me to learn and grow within the company. i was allowed the freedom and flexibility to do my job efficiently.

a typical day at work would include resets to various departments, for example, cosmetics were very frequent. I had an amazing manager while working for advantage and the work culture was always welcoming. the hardest part of my job while working for advantage was the lack of upward mobility. while i enjoy merchandising very much i find it difficult at times to speak with upper management about promotions.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
upward mobility and/or promotions from within the company
Fun Environment
Event Specialist-Part Time (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I love going to work, love the staff at Walmart, and definitely love to interact with the customers. I love preparing food and non-food products. I just need more hours and benefits to support my family.
Pros
Client interactions
Benefits
It is It's a relaxed atmosphere with a lot of opportunity to interact at all levels.
Business Analyst Inside BJ's Corporate HQ (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MANovember 27, 2018
I worked in an open environment. There was plenty of opportunity to contribute to the team efforts.
Management was open to hearing about challenges and addressed them as necessary. They cared about your work life and your home life.
The hardest part of the job was balancing what the different levels of the client were looking for. It wasn't usually aligned and so required changing focus from time to time.
The best part of the job was the team and how they worked together to help one another when needed.
I learned that everyone is different and therefore have different strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
Clients upper management was available and open to discuss goals.
Cons
Client management wasn't always on the same page with each other.
Management Group is rated Top Box
Experienced Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
Working at Advantage Sales & Marketing provides an excellent opportunity for retired wage earners. The training is ongoing and the management group is Top Box level. You know exactly what to expect immediately when you are hired and the work culture is professional and interactive with great management support. Salary is competitive with current market rate.
Business Oriented Industry
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMay 14, 2018
A typical Day at work is average, no problem with work ethics..I've learned a great deal about working in a different environment. "NOT ENOUGH HOURS".. However, completing the job, and satisfying the client was the exciting part!
Pros
Team work
Cons
No Healthcare/Benefits/Poor Management
ok place to work
Sales Representative/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92612July 16, 2018
salary not great. workforce nice and pleasant. benefits are ok. Hardest part of the job is the daily travel. you have to work independently almost always.
Productive experience
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
The work place culture includes greeting, telling and selling the promoted product. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people, The hardest part of the job is when customers show lack of interest in promoted products.
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
Lack of healthcare benefits, few hours
Responsible for managing all metro Atlanta Lowes stores
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 20, 2018
A typical day at work is calling on Lowe's stores and performing an audit on the Rubbermaid products.
Learned the whole product line of Rubbermaid products.
Management skills consisted of working with the in house merchandisers and managing my time skills.
Workplace culture was very pleasant.
The hardest part of the job was building the Rubbermaid sheds in the blistering sun.
The most enjoyable part of the job was allowing me to scheduling my time and was not micro-managed.
Pros
Allowing me to schedule my own time and not being micro-managed
Cons
Having to work sometimes out in the blistering sun building sheds.
Work Place
Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2018
Nice place to work, enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. I worked there from October 2014 to June 2015. Good benefits and laid back atmosphere. I would recommend working there.
Workplace is fun
Brand Ambassador/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 16, 2018
This place is not good.They doesn't offer paid time off and very little compensation for your drive to different stores.

The culture is good but the management staff sucks.
Innovative Work Place
Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
If enjoy talking and engaging people this will be a very fun job. Job tasks are fairly easy with great support from upper management. This company constantly strives to improve its process and work culture.
Pros
Promotions
Good reputable company, but poor training and management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2018
While Advantage Solutions is a very large and successful company, working in their customer service department was not a good experience. I had to teach myself most of the system that we used, and we were given a quiz every day at the end of training, and if you did not do well enough you were cut. The environment is super slow paced and I was constantly looking around for my manager because I wasn't sure if I was in the right place or working on the right thing.
Pros
Good Pay, Reputable Company
Cons
Horrible Work environment, cut-throat
Engaging with customers to increase sales
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 3, 2018
1.Typically your in charge of yourself
2.Leaned to promote products
3.Management is your own
4. You create your culture
5. introducing people to new food items they've never tried.
6. Working with food and people
Pros
traveling
Cons
Not enough work
Work hard and rarely get rewarded.
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 10, 2018
Arrive at retail store by 8:00 am and hit three to four stores and home around 5-6pm usually.

I learned time management and punctuality are always key.

Management wants you to know that they are always watching....meaning that they just show up unannounced. So always be prepared.

Work place culture was decent at best, considering you are pretty much always by yourself.

Hardest part of the Job was driving all over the territory you are assigned.

Most enjoyable part of the job was making a hard earned sale.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
managment seems more like sneaks than mentors
Job wellness
Specialist Brand Ambassador/Representative. (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 19, 2018
I found it to be a wonderful place to meet people and connect with multitasking ideals through our close exchange of many new ideals through another.
Pros
Meeting people all parts of life.
Cons
salary
Great for an Agency!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 9, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance: able to work from home on occasion - great work-life balance provided you are an exempt employee.

Compensation/Benefits: could be better - insurance is minimal and holiday time as well. Make sure you negociate yours terms beaofre joining. There will be very little room for an increased pay even after years inthe company.

Job Security/Advancement: strong job security provided you do your job. Happy clients=happy business.

Management: leaders do listen and do their best to make employees situation better despite low budget.

Job Culture: varies between teams. family-like culture.
Pros
quarterly target bonus (achievable if you do your work)
Good learning experience
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 11, 2018
A very slow paced work day. Learned to improve time management and social skill with customers. The management was professional and works to resolve any work related issues of employees. There was some workplace culture. Holiday crowds would be the only difficulty for the position. Good conversations with customers and making sales wee among the most enjoyable moments with Advantage Solutions
Pros
Slow paced, opprtunities to improve management and customer serivce skill.
Cons
Rude holiday crowds and little room to advance within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight