Advantage Solutions Culture reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 272 reviews matching the search See all 1,853 reviews
Good reputable company, but poor training and management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 30, 2018
While Advantage Solutions is a very large and successful company, working in their customer service department was not a good experience. I had to teach myself most of the system that we used, and we were given a quiz every day at the end of training, and if you did not do well enough you were cut. The environment is super slow paced and I was constantly looking around for my manager because I wasn't sure if I was in the right place or working on the right thing.
Pros
Good Pay, Reputable Company
Cons
Horrible Work environment, cut-throat
ok place to work
Sales Representative/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92612July 16, 2018
salary not great. workforce nice and pleasant. benefits are ok. Hardest part of the job is the daily travel. you have to work independently almost always.
Innovative Work Place
Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
If enjoy talking and engaging people this will be a very fun job. Job tasks are fairly easy with great support from upper management. This company constantly strives to improve its process and work culture.
Pros
Promotions
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 9, 2018
Relaxed, competitive work environment that recently restructured.
No onboarding or mentoring program must be a self starter. Workplace culture is laid back but in clicks. hardest part of the job is learning it and the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients.
Pros
Summer Hours
Cons
Restructure
Overall it is an excellent company for which to work. The pay is somewhat low comparatively; however, it is quite pleasant.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2018
It has been an excellent company and I have enjoyed my work and my co-workers.

The only difficulty has been remembering all the various and sundry items to put on the cart for doing a different demonstration each day.

It would also have been helpful to work the same days each week.

It has been very interesting and enjoyable to meet so many customers and interact with them

It has been very pleasant
Pros
working with pleasant people
Cons
very short lunch
Nice place to work with opportunities to advance your career
Customer Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 17, 2018
The workplace culture is very supportive and likes to hire within. They urge you to develop a career path you want to achieve and help you get there.

Expect to pay higher benefits with high deductibles.
Pros
Good management, friendly atmosphere, nice place to work
Cons
High cost of benefits
interesting and fun
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  IdJune 15, 2018
Calling on Grocery store in Southwestern Idaho and rotating product along with making sure product on shelf and priced competitively and made sure the shelf were set to plan-o-gram and schematics.Sold product that was on special set up displays and merchandised the displays. removed out of date product from shelfs.
Pros
trave reimbursement
Good company
Business Development Manager / Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 10, 2018
Advantage's people make the company great. Management does a good job of listening to its people and adjusting where necessary for the betterment of the clients.
I love working here
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 2, 2018
This is a fun place to work. Everyone has fun sampling products to the customers at BJs. My manager was great and a fun person to work for.

Only downside is that sometimes it gets boring and you are on your feet all day. It's only a part time position, otherwise I'd stay.
fantastic
Retail Superviser (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 22, 2018
everythng is great at advantage . my supervisor is amazing. training was great. i love the job, the client , customers and my reps. we are a great team.
Very fun job. You get a chance to meet lots of interesting people.
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 17, 2018
It has Been wonderful. I have met lots of great people. The management is cool. My supervisor is very nice. Pay isn't the best however. Very flexible.
Productive experience
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
The work place culture includes greeting, telling and selling the promoted product. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people, The hardest part of the job is when customers show lack of interest in promoted products.
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
Lack of healthcare benefits, few hours
Great stepping stone company
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
Advantage Solutions is a very stable international corporation that works with extremely big clients. Strong job security and always room for advancement as long as you're a competent worker. Typically very understanding, family friendly management that won't throw you under the bus or take advantage of you.

The trade off is the pay tends to in the lower tiers of the industry standard for each position, and while advancement is usually an option, they increase in pay is usually very incremental and never substantial. The benefits are also on the more expensive side compared to other corporations. 401K is a plus, but overall the compensation is what could be improved the most.

This is a great company to obtain experience in a clean, professional environment.
Pros
Room for growth, well managed, great culture
Cons
Pay tends to be on lower spectrum of industry standards
Business Oriented Industry
Retail Reset Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMay 14, 2018
A typical Day at work is average, no problem with work ethics..I've learned a great deal about working in a different environment. "NOT ENOUGH HOURS".. However, completing the job, and satisfying the client was the exciting part!
Pros
Team work
Cons
No Healthcare/Benefits/Poor Management
Good learning experience
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 11, 2018
A very slow paced work day. Learned to improve time management and social skill with customers. The management was professional and works to resolve any work related issues of employees. There was some workplace culture. Holiday crowds would be the only difficulty for the position. Good conversations with customers and making sales wee among the most enjoyable moments with Advantage Solutions
Pros
Slow paced, opprtunities to improve management and customer serivce skill.
Cons
Rude holiday crowds and little room to advance within the company.
Work hard and rarely get rewarded.
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 10, 2018
Arrive at retail store by 8:00 am and hit three to four stores and home around 5-6pm usually.

I learned time management and punctuality are always key.

Management wants you to know that they are always watching....meaning that they just show up unannounced. So always be prepared.

Work place culture was decent at best, considering you are pretty much always by yourself.

Hardest part of the Job was driving all over the territory you are assigned.

Most enjoyable part of the job was making a hard earned sale.
Pros
create your own schedule
Cons
managment seems more like sneaks than mentors
Worked with great people
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 10, 2018
Was an event specialist in Sam's club (can be at different locations like Walmart). Typical day at work involved setting up samples for customers to try the products. Management was not really involved. Worked with a great group of ladies. Enjoyable part of the job was the involvement with the customers.
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2018
Essentially, I would show up to my location, whether it be Sam's Club or Best Buy, and make sure all of my Epson displays were up to par. I would spend the day making sure that customers with questions were attended to, and I would make sure that on days that I wasn't there, the in store associates were equipped to sell Epson products.
Pros
very competitive pay, good management
Cons
job itself can get very slow and monotonous.
Work Place
Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2018
Nice place to work, enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. I worked there from October 2014 to June 2015. Good benefits and laid back atmosphere. I would recommend working there.
Great Retail Merchandisers
Retail sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 2, 2018
Great place to work. Had great relationship with all Walmarts Upper Management, Department, Sales Asscoiates . My Manager was very helpful, studios, compassionate, and made sure you knew what you was doing.

""
Pros
incentive awards, helpfun training courses and meetings.
Cons
Whiching Sales territories with little conderation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantage Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight