AdvantageCare Physicians Employee Reviews

Great experience but would never work here again
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 16, 2018
Would never work here again. Management lacks professionalism! They feel like they can talk down to people due to their title. Benefits suck. The only positive thing would be that It was a great experience because I learned a lot and my ex co workers were awesome.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Cheap don’t expect for the company to treat you for lunch
some good opportunities
Advantage Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 28, 2018
Advantage care physicanis
management is helpful when asking of questions or inquires
the service is very good to the patients and the customer service representatives
Pros
the benefits
Cons
no promotions from within when the customer service is give there all
Horrible
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 10, 2018
If you’re looking for stability, avoid this place. The management here isn’t qualified. They are in their roles based on who they know and not what they know; which is nothing ! They know nothing. The salary was okay but that’s the issue. They start you with a high salary to only keep you for 5 months and then say they can longer afford it. Overall horrible company with horrible leadership.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The entire company is a CON
Great starting salary
Cardiac Procedure Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management. The longest I have seen management stay (practice administrators, administrative assistants, and managers) was a year. Each year someone is quiting or getting fired. No stable management team. Salary increases are very very slim like under $0.50 raises. The only good thing is that starting salary was good and I loved working with patients. Working in specialty is a bit stressful because noone wants to get their job done. There is no team involvment to get the job done and sometimes team members are rude to the elderly patients. If we all can get along and work together patient flow will be easily managed and practice would get good ratings with no patient compalints.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Management sucks
Avoid this company at allllll cost
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I must say advantagecare is the WORST health care providers I’ve ever worked with the company as whole needs to be thrown away this company is so bad they have to bring in press ganey (if you in health care you would know who press ganey is ) to come and TEACH patient care to teach how to interact with patients like seriously? We are in health care and your telling me ur company is that bad this needs to be taught ? They are never staffed at all so u don’t get breaks only decompression time and everything goes of seniority can’t take vacation because you have been working long enough even though you have the vacation time. The doctors bed side manners are disgusting They really don’t care for the patients health I’ve witness providers charge patients for visits and not see the actual patient all of the staff are childish and will lie on you just. To get head I would never trust these people to handle my care . They are trying to be the next leaders in health care up there with northwell and NYU Winthrop and they will NEVER get to that they are always cutting departments because they can not afford to pay the techs they don’t want to pay front desk workers so they are teaching medical assistant their job so they can also be laid off when they was QLIMG they was trash then they change didn’t make any difference don’t try whistleblowing either on the doctors exposing them for they negative work will get you fired since management doesn’t know how to handle conflict with doctors they rather fire the innocent employees then the disrespectful doctor I wish I didn’t waste my time  more... working with this company  less
Pros
Pay over 20 dollars
Cons
Awful work environment due to poor management..
MD (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2018
Management and some employees are very rude. Management tried to push me to risk my Licence on several occasions but Medicare fraud is where I set my limit. Incompetent management and complete lack of support for providers. Even with average salary it’s just not worth it. AVOID AT ANY COST
Pros
Some coworkers are great
Cons
Everything else
horrible, back stabbing and unprofessional
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Former provider in Primary Care. In the beginning, everything was good. EMR is easy to work with (EPIC). Then Emblem took a bigger role in the management of the clinics. Providers salaries were cut and quotas set. If you did not meet them, salaries where cut further. No lunch time, only a 30 minute "decompression" where you were expected to complete 'in-basket' tasks; follow up labs, reports, consults, etc. minimum of 25 to 30 patients a day. Nursing support staff is overwhelmed. Medical Asst. are unionized and extremely rude and unprofessional. Individual office administrators are inexperienced and have no clue regarding quality care. Cut throat, back stabbing, throw you under the bus environment. Avoid this company at all cost unless you want stomach ulcers, migraines and don't value your license. They only care about numbers.
Pros
M-F no weekends, Holidays or on-calls
Cons
Poorly run offices
I love my job here
Referral coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 7, 2018
I love the people I work with and manament is very supportive ! I’m very happy to work in an independent environment . I hate micro management and we don’t have that here. Everyone does their job
Pros
Close to home
no review at this time
Operations Manager/ Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NY 11703May 30, 2018
no review at this time
Emblem Health took over the management functions of Advantage Care Physicians. Management position were redeveloped and replaced by Emblem Health Insurance the end of 2015.
Worst Place Ever
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2016
This place hired a bunch of us to work in their Brooklyn call center, only to turn around and get rid of all of us 6 months later. But yet they are hiring more reps to work in their Melville and Syracuse locations. The politics in this place is the worse I've ever seen. They can't keep doctors and now they are begging employees to recommend doctors for a bonus. The medical offices are staffed with lazy employees who don't care about the patients. Patients have jump through hoops for referrals to their outside specialist.
Pros
Benefits if you're in the union
Cons
Short breaks, micro-managed, unable to use PTO you earned, unprofessional managers
Needs to improve
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here a lot. My staff were great and they all worked as a team. Everyone gets along well. The only cons is management did not care much about the staff. The $ and reports were more important than the staff. The staff did not matter, but only the numbers. Too many changes were implemented without proper training and in a short period of time.
40 hrs + weekends 12-16 hours with no compensation beware
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
This is a start up company (4 companies became one) that is in a state of chaos. Management does not want any feedback on the low moral. Since they hire you as a salaried employee they expect that you will work every weekend and evenings without complaint with no compensation at all. In a few years after they are established they may be a better place to work for but at this time they are running around like crazy trying to get it up and running employees into the ground to get things done.
Great Management, Very long days
Credentialing/Provider Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, New YorkJanuary 13, 2015
Relativelly new company. Great management. Extremely long and busy days. A lot of challenges. Not too certain on how much room there is for advancement.
Pros
Great Management, Great Team
Cons
Long Commute, Long Hours
Fun and good experience
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 24, 2015
Good team work, co-worker very friendly, help each other while short in staff, good management and very nice job culture with safe job security.
Pros
team work
Cons
8 pm closed
Awful place to work, former employee
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
The only good thing about this the pay. Management is horrible, most of the supervisors do nothing but talk most of the day about non work related things. When co-workers or myself would have a question we had to go looking for someone because they were in another supervisors cubicle not paying any attention to us. The medical offices we helped were worthless, patient needs something and the office would be the only ones to help in certain situations and they would hang up on us or try to pass the buck. Also patient would call and leave a message to have the office call back and a week later the patient is calling back saying they never received a call and no notes I the file would state anyone tried to call them back. They are always short staffed at the offices and have too many patient but still wanted us to register new patients.I would not recommend anyone to work there or be a patient there.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Former doctor there tells it like it is
Former physician (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I worked for AFC in Suffolk county Ny for over 8 years and anyone that says it is a great place to work must either be part of the horrible administration or an employee that was paid to write a good review. Maybe 10 years ago before the company was bought and taken over by Emblem Health it was good but not now. Doctors are overworked, staff are let go for no good reason and without proper warnings. They promote administrative staff that only care about making money and their own advancement. They restrict the patients from seeing specialist doctors because it cuts into profits. Unfortunately what was once a great company to work for has been turned into a money grabbing, callous and unsupportive place to work. Don't even apply for a job here unless you want to be unhappy and want to quit after 1 month!
Pros
Good support staff (medical assistants, receptionists)
Cons
Everything else !
Great job, great benefits, worst management.
Patient Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2015
I was located at 1 Metrotech Brooklyn call center under ACP. At this time we where only taking Manhattan calls. The Supervisor's where very helpful, until QLI and SIPP came. We then became the outsiders. Supervisor's now had one answer for every question, "send an in-basket".

Patients complaints where all the same, since ACP took over service was worse. Patients couldn't speak with Doctor's unless it was an extreme emergency. Patients where waiting weeks for referrals. Appointments with specialists where 2-3 months away, and the worst was speaking to an elderly patient who's been waiting for prescription refill for over a week and is now out of meds...only to be told by a leader "send a message". It's all about profit with ACP. They could care less about patients well being. That's why Doctors are leaving and patients are seeking outside PCP's.
Pros
Very rewarding when you can actually help a patient.
Cons
Management doesn't care about front line staff or patients
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2017
The job it self is a breeze. Typical call center you have your high volume days & your low volume days. Management is ok as long as you do what you have to do & follow the rules.
Pros
Over time
Cons
10 hour shifts
No support from administration
Orthopedic Physicians Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 27, 2017
I never received a pat on the back for a job well done.
The job became more and more stressful. Each day there was another new set of rules to follow. It went from a family to "how can they slit my throat if you don't follow the rules.
Pros
Good patients
Cons
Poorly run administration, Call center
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Management does not take into account peoples hard work. They promote the less qualify people just because of seniority. There is always turnaround within management and they let go of the wrong people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvantageCare Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8