AdvantageCare Physicians Employee Reviews

I love my job here
Referral coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 7, 2018
I love the people I work with and manament is very supportive ! I’m very happy to work in an independent environment . I hate micro management and we don’t have that here. Everyone does their job
Pros
Close to home
Awful work environment due to poor management..
MD (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2018
Management and some employees are very rude. Management tried to push me to risk my Licence on several occasions but Medicare fraud is where I set my limit. Incompetent management and complete lack of support for providers. Even with average salary it’s just not worth it. AVOID AT ANY COST
Pros
Some coworkers are great
Cons
Everything else
horrible, back stabbing and unprofessional
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Former provider in Primary Care. In the beginning, everything was good. EMR is easy to work with (EPIC). Then Emblem took a bigger role in the management of the clinics. Providers salaries were cut and quotas set. If you did not meet them, salaries where cut further. No lunch time, only a 30 minute "decompression" where you were expected to complete 'in-basket' tasks; follow up labs, reports, consults, etc. minimum of 25 to 30 patients a day. Nursing support staff is overwhelmed. Medical Asst. are unionized and extremely rude and unprofessional. Individual office administrators are inexperienced and have no clue regarding quality care. Cut throat, back stabbing, throw you under the bus environment. Avoid this company at all cost unless you want stomach ulcers, migraines and don't value your license. They only care about numbers.
Pros
M-F no weekends, Holidays or on-calls
Cons
Poorly run offices
Great starting salary
Cardiac Procedure Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management. The longest I have seen management stay (practice administrators, administrative assistants, and managers) was a year. Each year someone is quiting or getting fired. No stable management team. Salary increases are very very slim like under $0.50 raises. The only good thing is that starting salary was good and I loved working with patients. Working in specialty is a bit stressful because noone wants to get their job done. There is no team involvment to get the job done and sometimes team members are rude to the elderly patients. If we all can get along and work together patient flow will be easily managed and practice would get good ratings with no patient compalints.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Management sucks
Needs to improve
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here a lot. My staff were great and they all worked as a team. Everyone gets along well. The only cons is management did not care much about the staff. The $ and reports were more important than the staff. The staff did not matter, but only the numbers. Too many changes were implemented without proper training and in a short period of time.
No support from administration
Orthopedic Physicians Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 27, 2017
I never received a pat on the back for a job well done.
The job became more and more stressful. Each day there was another new set of rules to follow. It went from a family to "how can they slit my throat if you don't follow the rules.
Pros
Good patients
Cons
Poorly run administration, Call center
Fast-paced
Team Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 12, 2017
Make lunch schedules.
Triage walk-in patients
Run team huddles.
Dose INR patients.
Order flu vaccines.
Supervise in-baskets on epic.
Ensure workflow is smooth.
Delegate responsibilities to your team.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Gossip.
Good Staff and Management
Inventory Control Specialist/Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 12, 2017
Fast Paced, multi-tasking. Making sure all orders are done correctly.
Receiving all order and distributing them on a timely basis. Keeping track of all inventory.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Cons
My communte
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2017
The job it self is a breeze. Typical call center you have your high volume days & your low volume days. Management is ok as long as you do what you have to do & follow the rules.
Pros
Over time
Cons
10 hour shifts
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Management does not take into account peoples hard work. They promote the less qualify people just because of seniority. There is always turnaround within management and they let go of the wrong people.
No Growth in Company, Poor leadership
Assistant Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 16, 2017
Leadership has no qualifications. More qualified manager in lower positions suffocated at the bottom. People move up not based on skill and hard work but based on who they know.
Awful place to work, former employee
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
The only good thing about this the pay. Management is horrible, most of the supervisors do nothing but talk most of the day about non work related things. When co-workers or myself would have a question we had to go looking for someone because they were in another supervisors cubicle not paying any attention to us. The medical offices we helped were worthless, patient needs something and the office would be the only ones to help in certain situations and they would hang up on us or try to pass the buck. Also patient would call and leave a message to have the office call back and a week later the patient is calling back saying they never received a call and no notes I the file would state anyone tried to call them back. They are always short staffed at the offices and have too many patient but still wanted us to register new patients.I would not recommend anyone to work there or be a patient there.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
busy work environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2017
Fast paced and busy, but overall enjoyable work enivornment. Work schedule consists of Monday-Friday with one Saturday per month. I really enjoy assisting patients and making coordinating appointments easy for them to navigate.
good people to work with
Director Brand Strategy / Media & Events (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
The best part of the job was working with the knowledgable staff from legacy arms of the business who were willing to share their experiences. A lot of good people.
stressful workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2017
It is a very unstable environment. Low staff moral due to staff shortages causing staff to have to absorb more work with no increase in pay. it is refreshing to be able to help patients on a daily basis.
productive and fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
It's a fun place to work, co-worker and management are very friendly but the company don't have proper management but I have learned a lot from this job, my most enjoyable part is to cared for patients
Former doctor there tells it like it is
Former physician (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYJanuary 8, 2017
I worked for AFC in Suffolk county Ny for over 8 years and anyone that says it is a great place to work must either be part of the horrible administration or an employee that was paid to write a good review. Maybe 10 years ago before the company was bought and taken over by Emblem Health it was good but not now. Doctors are overworked, staff are let go for no good reason and without proper warnings. They promote administrative staff that only care about making money and their own advancement. They restrict the patients from seeing specialist doctors because it cuts into profits. Unfortunately what was once a great company to work for has been turned into a money grabbing, callous and unsupportive place to work. Don't even apply for a job here unless you want to be unhappy and want to quit after 1 month!
Pros
Good support staff (medical assistants, receptionists)
Cons
Everything else !
fun work place
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
on a typical day it gets very demanding. I learned how to give my all the help the patient. Management to helpful . My co works are very helpful the hardest part of the job is when you cant help a patient with there needs . Achieving to help
Pros
vey multi cultral
Cons
alot of very sick patient
Great for Entry level
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 17, 2016
I love working at ACPNY especially with the patients, however due to constant layoffs it has become a bit unstable. In today's economy it is stressful and can be hard to be out of a job let alone be insecure about the next layoff.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
constant lay offs
Excelllent company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2016
I worked with the company for a short period of time. Gained alot of experience doing receptionist work. Learned alot about the construction business and malls.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvantageCare Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9