AdvantageCare Physicians Employee Reviews

Great experience but would never work here again
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New YorkOctober 16, 2018
Would never work here again. Management lacks professionalism! They feel like they can talk down to people due to their title. Benefits suck. The only positive thing would be that It was a great experience because I learned a lot and my ex co workers were awesome.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Cheap don’t expect for the company to treat you for lunch
Avoid this company at allllll cost
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 13, 2018
I must say advantagecare is the WORST health care providers I’ve ever worked with the company as whole needs to be thrown away this company is so bad they have to bring in press ganey (if you in health care you would know who press ganey is ) to come and TEACH patient care to teach how to interact with patients like seriously? We are in health care and your telling me ur company is that bad this needs to be taught ? They are never staffed at all so u don’t get breaks only decompression time and everything goes of seniority can’t take vacation because you have been working long enough even though you have the vacation time. The doctors bed side manners are disgusting They really don’t care for the patients health I’ve witness providers charge patients for visits and not see the actual patient all of the staff are childish and will lie on you just. To get head I would never trust these people to handle my care . They are trying to be the next leaders in health care up there with northwell and NYU Winthrop and they will NEVER get to that they are always cutting departments because they can not afford to pay the techs they don’t want to pay front desk workers so they are teaching medical assistant their job so they can also be laid off when they was QLIMG they was trash then they change didn’t make any difference don’t try whistleblowing either on the doctors exposing them for they negative work will get you fired since management doesn’t know how to handle conflict with doctors they rather fire the innocent employees then the disrespectful doctor I wish I didn’t waste my time  more... working with this company  less
Pros
Pay over 20 dollars
Horrible
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 10, 2018
If you’re looking for stability, avoid this place. The management here isn’t qualified. They are in their roles based on who they know and not what they know; which is nothing ! They know nothing. The salary was okay but that’s the issue. They start you with a high salary to only keep you for 5 months and then say they can longer afford it. Overall horrible company with horrible leadership.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The entire company is a CON
some good opportunities
Advantage Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 28, 2018
Advantage care physicanis
management is helpful when asking of questions or inquires
the service is very good to the patients and the customer service representatives
Pros
the benefits
Cons
no promotions from within when the customer service is give there all
I love my job here
Referral coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 7, 2018
I love the people I work with and manament is very supportive ! I’m very happy to work in an independent environment . I hate micro management and we don’t have that here. Everyone does their job
Pros
Close to home
no review at this time
Operations Manager/ Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NY 11703May 30, 2018
no review at this time
Emblem Health took over the management functions of Advantage Care Physicians. Management position were redeveloped and replaced by Emblem Health Insurance the end of 2015.
Awful work environment due to poor management..
MD (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 8, 2018
Management and some employees are very rude. Management tried to push me to risk my Licence on several occasions but Medicare fraud is where I set my limit. Incompetent management and complete lack of support for providers. Even with average salary it’s just not worth it. AVOID AT ANY COST
Pros
Some coworkers are great
Cons
Everything else
horrible, back stabbing and unprofessional
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Former provider in Primary Care. In the beginning, everything was good. EMR is easy to work with (EPIC). Then Emblem took a bigger role in the management of the clinics. Providers salaries were cut and quotas set. If you did not meet them, salaries where cut further. No lunch time, only a 30 minute "decompression" where you were expected to complete 'in-basket' tasks; follow up labs, reports, consults, etc. minimum of 25 to 30 patients a day. Nursing support staff is overwhelmed. Medical Asst. are unionized and extremely rude and unprofessional. Individual office administrators are inexperienced and have no clue regarding quality care. Cut throat, back stabbing, throw you under the bus environment. Avoid this company at all cost unless you want stomach ulcers, migraines and don't value your license. They only care about numbers.
Pros
M-F no weekends, Holidays or on-calls
Cons
Poorly run offices
Great starting salary
Cardiac Procedure Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management. The longest I have seen management stay (practice administrators, administrative assistants, and managers) was a year. Each year someone is quiting or getting fired. No stable management team. Salary increases are very very slim like under $0.50 raises. The only good thing is that starting salary was good and I loved working with patients. Working in specialty is a bit stressful because noone wants to get their job done. There is no team involvment to get the job done and sometimes team members are rude to the elderly patients. If we all can get along and work together patient flow will be easily managed and practice would get good ratings with no patient compalints.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Management sucks
Needs to improve
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here a lot. My staff were great and they all worked as a team. Everyone gets along well. The only cons is management did not care much about the staff. The $ and reports were more important than the staff. The staff did not matter, but only the numbers. Too many changes were implemented without proper training and in a short period of time.
No support from administration
Orthopedic Physicians Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 27, 2017
I never received a pat on the back for a job well done.
The job became more and more stressful. Each day there was another new set of rules to follow. It went from a family to "how can they slit my throat if you don't follow the rules.
Pros
Good patients
Cons
Poorly run administration, Call center
Fast-paced
Team Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 12, 2017
Make lunch schedules.
Triage walk-in patients
Run team huddles.
Dose INR patients.
Order flu vaccines.
Supervise in-baskets on epic.
Ensure workflow is smooth.
Delegate responsibilities to your team.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Gossip.
Good Staff and Management
Inventory Control Specialist/Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 12, 2017
Fast Paced, multi-tasking. Making sure all orders are done correctly.
Receiving all order and distributing them on a timely basis. Keeping track of all inventory.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Cons
My communte
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYAugust 6, 2017
The job it self is a breeze. Typical call center you have your high volume days & your low volume days. Management is ok as long as you do what you have to do & follow the rules.
Pros
Over time
Cons
10 hour shifts
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2017
Management does not take into account peoples hard work. They promote the less qualify people just because of seniority. There is always turnaround within management and they let go of the wrong people.
No Growth in Company, Poor leadership
Assistant Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 16, 2017
Leadership has no qualifications. More qualified manager in lower positions suffocated at the bottom. People move up not based on skill and hard work but based on who they know.
Awful place to work, former employee
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMay 8, 2017
The only good thing about this the pay. Management is horrible, most of the supervisors do nothing but talk most of the day about non work related things. When co-workers or myself would have a question we had to go looking for someone because they were in another supervisors cubicle not paying any attention to us. The medical offices we helped were worthless, patient needs something and the office would be the only ones to help in certain situations and they would hang up on us or try to pass the buck. Also patient would call and leave a message to have the office call back and a week later the patient is calling back saying they never received a call and no notes I the file would state anyone tried to call them back. They are always short staffed at the offices and have too many patient but still wanted us to register new patients.I would not recommend anyone to work there or be a patient there.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
busy work environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 7, 2017
Fast paced and busy, but overall enjoyable work enivornment. Work schedule consists of Monday-Friday with one Saturday per month. I really enjoy assisting patients and making coordinating appointments easy for them to navigate.
good people to work with
Director Brand Strategy / Media & Events (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2017
The best part of the job was working with the knowledgable staff from legacy arms of the business who were willing to share their experiences. A lot of good people.
stressful workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 19, 2017
It is a very unstable environment. Low staff moral due to staff shortages causing staff to have to absorb more work with no increase in pay. it is refreshing to be able to help patients on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvantageCare Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8