Advantmed Employee Reviews

Very Poor Management and Poor Communication
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 16, 2018
No response to emails. Very poor management, who was hired from EMSI the company who went under with housecalls. Will schedule you, then cancel. Computer tablets frequently mess up and IT unable to resolve. Assessment documentation is more confusing than other contract companies. Be warned the new management is very bad.. they do not care about employees/Nurse Practitioner contractors. The original management was very nice, but they sadly hired the failures of EMSI to help with contractor logistics..fortunately there are several other companies doing these assessments!
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Very Poor New Management from EMSI
Love it!
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 10, 2018
I love working for this company and being that it is seasonal totally works for me. The work is very easy to learn and more training is always available if needed.
Pros
Easy work mostly, travel, food and gas reimbursement
Cons
No benefits, downtime because it's seasonal
At least $16 an hour should be paid for this job and it would be awesome!
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2018
Good company, good management. Better training since the beginning needs to be provided. Job is seasonal and it would be great if we get better pay and benefits.
Pros
Good company, love what I do, OT during HEDIS
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Pleasure working with Advantmed
Remote HCC Auditor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 27, 2018
Day to day work involves, receiving medical charts, review medical charts electronically, audit diagnosis and documented information according to ICD-10 guidelines.
Performing audits on medical records, coded charts.
Auditing files accurately with 100% quality and within submission dates with expertized use with coding manuals.
The Management helps a lot regarding questions.
Good team work.
Enjoying work here.
Rules changed every day
Chronic Care Coordinator/Manager-Remote- Full Time (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92705September 30, 2018
There was a severe language barrier with my manager. There was a new and different target every day making it next to impossible to meet the required volume. Working hours shifted and at times they expected you to be on call without pay ready to clock in and work at a moments notice.
My RN supervisor was great.
Pros
work at home
Cons
extremely disorganized management
Horrible place to be part of
MRTechnologist (Former Employee) –  WyomingFebruary 19, 2019
Unprofessional, disrespectful, UNORGANIZED place of business. Was hired and spoke to 5 different non-english speaking people....online training was switched on me 5 different times....horrible company, low pay, too many changes in 2 short weeks!!! I have too much experience and education to deal with this Mickey mouse company....peace!
Pros
Non
Cons
Disorganized, unprofessional, nonsense
Very disorganized
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 8, 2019
This job is very stressful. Team leads are not all on the same page and when talking to agents contradict how they want them to work and how many appointments are required.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Constant policy and rule change daily. Team leads constantly contradict the other one.
Hardly get calls for work, and the pay is poor.
Medical Record Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2018
Do not recommend this employer to anyone unless you are a retiree. I drove over 200 miles round trip and received $60.00. You can work an account for two days then they will give it to someone else without giving you notice.
Pros
Paid lunch if travel out of state.
Cons
No continuous employment.
Great company to work for if you long for HIM experience.
Medical records Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA 92705July 8, 2018
From the beginning everyone I dealt with were in India. The company is based out of California. Training was the worst I’ve ever seen no where near what you will actually do in the field. The Techs are sometimes in another world. You come across a problem and they are quick to cut you off and then ask you to repeat your question bc they didn’t listen in the first place. Scheduling team doesn’t take time to consider your work load with the amount of hours your on the road.
Pros
Travel pay for rental when I needed it and hotel.
Cons
Don’t listen to well, training was the worst I’ve ever seen
Ok Place to Work, Pay is Decent
HCC and Risk Adjustment Coder (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2018
Work is based on available Projects. Peak Project Availability is January-April. Definitely a Seasonal Job when companies need their Risk Adjustment Coding Done.
Management was fair. However, expect constant project switching and an expectation to learn brand new coding guidelines in 20 minutes on the spot.
Management does not provide enough training for the accuracies they are expecting, and because most of the company is located oversees, there is much room for miscommunication and unclear directions.
Excellent work/life balance
Remote Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMarch 4, 2018
-Great opportuniy for mantaining a great work/life balance.
-Work is great, although a bit repetitive.
-The pay is conmesurate with work.
-All projects are temporary so there could be a few hiatus periods during the year.
-Even if the team is remote and distributed, management and supervisors are always available. Excellent job for someone who prefers to work remotely.
Pros
Nice pay, management is accesible, excellent team
Cons
Temporary assignments, not much room to grow
It hurts.
Hedis teviewer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2018
Intense micromanagement. They demand you schedule Ft hours every week but rarely supply you with enough work to get over 25-30 hrs. Pay is not competitive. You’d be better off spending the day getting a root canal.
conflicting orders from supers
HEDIS Nurse Abstracter Tellecommute (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 4, 2018
I love working from home. The hours are flexable. The classes are good. Good feedback about errors. Too much talk about "getting production." In 2017, I felt like I was in a third world factory from stories I had heard.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Sometimes to much talk about "production" and then "getting it right"
dont work here
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 2, 2018
Yes work from home but micromanaging every second way from India is not bueno for anyone!! Pay more and work will def get done more. Language barrier at it's finest, not even worth it talking/working with these cheapskate greedy people!!!
Pros
Cons
cheap company
Temporary assignment
Medical Records Tech (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2017
This was a temporary job so I cannot speak to the benefits of the job including their wages. A job is a job but other than that I cannt comment. Thank you
Ok for experience as a care coordinator/ health coach
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 31, 2018
They give us a case load of patient per month. The thing is that they run out of patients to give us by the end of the month and then take me off the schedule without prior notice. How is it my fault that they run out of patients to give me. The pay is low for Nurses. It is ok to gain experience for better companies. There is an incentive if you bill a certain amount of patients per month but its a bit hard to achieve.
Pros
work from home/ starter experience
Cons
not a long term career/ unschedule you
Medical Records Technician, MRT (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 30, 2018
Great environment to work. Very flexible schedule, excellent training program. I have found that this company supplies room for growth potential. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Remote schedule
Cons
Seasonal Employment
Worked from home
HEDIS Nurse (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 4, 2018
Best job ever.Do what they are paying you to do.Its not hard.You set your own hours, there are often chances for over time and any questions you may have there is always a team of individuals to help.
Pros
They are flexible all they ask is that you do your job!
Cons
There are non
Company with a great potential.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 18, 2018
I think that the services offered by AdvanMed are really excellent, but unfortunately, they don't have an effective business plan to succeed in their sales as well as lacking formal training to become more effective in the marketplace.
Pros
Very nice work environment
Cons
Lack of a good business plan with not support.
No comment at this time
Virtual HCC Coding Specialist, Level 1-2 (Current Employee) –  VirtualMay 23, 2018
No Comment - Rather not say things in public regarding this work and the way people are handled - it was unpleasant at best. Some of the managers are ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advantmed. Our community is ready to answer.