AdventHealth Corporate

AdventHealth Corporate Employee Reviews

United States4,696 reviews

Found 4,696 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,726 reviews
floridaadventhealthadventpatientadventistnursechristhealing

Productive and fun place to work

It is a very organized office, with a great staff. If you are a student and you need to get your feet wet (so to speak) in the medical field, this a great office to do it at. The doctor's are very accommodating and helpful. If you are eager to learn, they are eager to teach. You get real world skills in this practice. You will leave with a world of confidence.

Pros

Always learning something.

Management is supportive, good workplace culture. Pay is good for Florida

Adventhealth is a good place to work, management seems to care about the wellbeing of the staff and in general staff has the tools they need to do their job.

AdventHealth Corporate insights

Based on 1,930 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good place to work good benefits

Good place to work, with great benefits. Has a lot of options for career goals, and even change careers while working for the same employer. Can make this a life long journey for employment.

No complaints

Good team of people just wish the company compensated a bit more for auxiliary roles. However, you need to bring value to the table. Would recommend this company to a friend.

They need more nurses

They will need to hire more nurses including the cnas. Nurses need help to hire more nurse if now they might end up not getting nobody to work for them The management is ok.

Great Management, Supportive work Environment

Competitive pay as a PCT. Supportive work environment. Management tries to work around your schedule and is flexible. They often try to make staff feel appreciated and welcoming. Most nurses are helpful and encourage you further your education. 12 hour shift, 17.00 with night shift differential. Great benefits and incentives for workers. Hardest part of the job is constantly dealing with drug OD patients, drug shoppers, and morbidly obese patients coming from different areas outside of Wesley Chapel. Often short staffed.

Good pay and benefits; staffing shortages are the norm

Advent Ocala is a good organization. They offer good pay and benefits. In my department I was on call so the work/life balance was not great. Staffing shortages are common just like with most other places. I would work there again.

Company great. Unit bad.

It’s a job. It’s not where I want to be long term. I’m waiting on my 6 months to transfer. My unit now has favoritism. Managers are bffs with staff and there is a lot of nepotism. If they don’t like you, you’re out. My old unit culture was way better. Nurses choose not to do their jobs and ask other nurses to do it for them because they’re buddy buddy. The company is great though. The unit I’m on isn’t. I was also told one thing by management when I got hired and now I’m told something else.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management, no breaks, favoritism

A company who doesn't care about their employees

I loved working for Advent Health at first. After working there for over a year, I started realizing they do not care about their employees because we are all replaceable. The benefits they offer are garbage as well

Understaffed, poor pt ratios

No sense of care for patient safety. Bonuses for extra shifts ended a long time ago and so did any sort of empathy for the amount of patients they were giving you.

Enjoyed the work

I loved the nursing part. But unable to get any of 4 mangers to respond to emails, no matter if was basic questions, issues, or schedule. Onboarding and culture is great if was put to use.

Pros

patients are great!

Cons

1:6 ratio on PCU, ZERO communication or help learning things.

great staff

the crew of people here is what makes this place better than any I have worked at . it's a family here. the doctors are just as great . we need more staff as in most places these days

Pros

family like atmosphere genuine people

Cons

need more help as in most places

Do not think you'll grow

I have had multiple interviews with great feedback but the HR team does not email you back for months and if they do its to tell you they moved on. I've spoken with different employees all with similar stories. Impossible to move up.

Pros

Management is okay

Cons

The patients

Your disposable

Your disposable, they don't encourage learning or letting you learn. If your new they play their own politics and favoritism. They slam you and tell you that this is all you get, no help, they don't care if you drown. They hire travel nurse while paying the staff minimum wages, no bonuses, no increases for the hard work. They expect you to pick-up with laughable bonuses compared to other places. They constantly don't have enough staff, they will double you or triple you with heavy patients or give you 2 with CRRT. They will also give nurses that aren't certified code cool patients and they hit the ground running. If you want to save you sanity and earn ore money look somewhere else, there is plenty of opportunities.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Pay, staffing, equipment

Get ready to get stuck

The company means well. They want you to succeed. Unfortunately, all the people between you and upper management have to justify everything which means more and more work, with less and less pay. Unfortunately, unqualified people are leading and management cannot do anything about it, because they need people in those positions, and the hospital cannot afford to let people go. It’s all a sad reality abc I did wish for a better fate, but if you want more of a career, do not come here.

Working as a Call Center rep

It is a great position and job to have, you worked from home and did on site training. The job allowed you to talk to many people in need and you feel fulfilled serving others. Company and manger were very nice, pay was good. I had no problems. The calls can be back to back but if you’re fine with that you’re good. I had an hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks

Good Culture

AdventHealth has a good organizational culture and sense of belonging. There is a lot of opportunity to work remote for some corporate positions. There are many opportunities for personal career development such as mentorships, LinkedIn learning, and leadership development.

Pros

Career development opportunities, good culture.

Cons

Compensation tends to be below market for some positions, Depending on the position work/life balance isn't the best.

recent pay increase to bring employees up to market value

RN turnover is outrageous. Many units agency out number core staff. No core staff equals many things slipping through the cracks. pay was awful up to just recent. But now all excellent core staff is gone.

Pros

Recent increase in pay to get employees up to market value

Cons

Value of employees. "You are replaceable" should be in their mission and vision statement

overworked very demanding

had to be vaxedmanagement did not stand up for employees constantly wanting you to volunteer for Sunday projects since as adventist they take saturday off, typical over hyped emails constantly and expecting you to keep up with the extra work and do your regular job with no pay incentives....unable to take vacation due to required training etc...

Unsupportive management don't care about staff (Carrollwood)

Since this hospital changed to Advent Health it became a stressful place to work. Management is incompetent, do not support their staff and is a "witch hunt" type of environment. A lot of micromanagers who do not even know how to do their job correctly. Overworked, under appreciated and underpaid. Do not recommend this place for work and let alone for patients

Pros

Most staff is friendly

Cons

Unsupportive Micro Management/low pay/stressful work environment

Great company

Adventhealth is a great company to work for. All the management and directors are supportive and caring. I have moved up in the company while learning so much a long the way

Common questions about AdventHealth Corporate

Answered by current and former employees at AdventHealth Corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdventHealth Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AdventHealth Corporate.
Powered byComparably