AdventHealth Corporate

AdventHealth Corporate Employee Reviews

United States4,725 reviews

Found 4,725 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,754 reviews
floridaadventhealthadventpatientadventistnursechristhealing

Productive and fun place to work

It is a very organized office, with a great staff. If you are a student and you need to get your feet wet (so to speak) in the medical field, this a great office to do it at. The doctor's are very accommodating and helpful. If you are eager to learn, they are eager to teach. You get real world skills in this practice. You will leave with a world of confidence.

Pros

Always learning something.

Nice people, but disorganized

The majority of the people working here are very nice, but the company as a whole is very disorganized and cooperate is difficult to navigate or contact. The culture is very religiously focused including prayer meetings at company events/meetings which is great IF that is your thing. The pay can very wildly depending on the what location you are at even in the same region.

AdventHealth Corporate insights

Based on 1,992 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Great company to work for! Facility is very clean and stocked with supplies. Staff is friendly and very helpful at the North location. Training is provided. Staffing coordinator is the best, responsive and offers flexible scheduling. I have no complaints.

N/a

Best company to work with but management has favoritism. Be their besties in get you promoted quicker. 20 patient for 1 nurse and 10 for each CNA. No overtime whatsoever, you only work 35 hours a week.

It’s a great place to work!

It’s a lot to learn but if you stick it out you’ll be grateful for the learning experience. Leadership is excellent. Truly a team environment. It’s a great place to work

Opportunities

At adventhealth, I have felt that they have been transparent about internal job postings. There are also opportunities for growth within the system. Overall positive experience.

Good first professional job but always being asked to do more for less

I've seen this company shift in so many ways since the name change to AdventHealth. When I first started, peers were more involved with each other and it felt like our patients were more cared for. After the name change, corporate seemed to get involved in everything. People losing their jobs due to outsourcing while also being told they are safe and have a stable job. This "McHealthcare" mentality that causes such a disconnect with our patients and makes it feel like it's all about the money and not the quality of care. Management playing favorites, which makes it hard to move up in the company when they already have an idea of who will fill a position. It's unmotivating and causes burnout. Pay is low compared to other medical providers for the same positions. I would not recommend. The hardest part of the job is managing stressors that come from a wide variety of areas.

Pros

Good benefits, annual raises

Cons

Micro-managed, hard to move up, toxic fake culture among peers

Great place to volunteer

Literally an amazing place to volunteer. Can get busy at times but it's not a problem in the slightest. Your tasks are very simple and your given money for lunches and aren't forced to come in. No money of course cuz you're volunteering, but if you're doing it for the money and not just out of the kindness of your heart, reevaluate your decision to work at a hospital.

Pros

Mostly free lunch with 20% discount. Steady Pace. Many hours. No commitment.

Cons

Nothing really.

Hostile and toxic

Hostile and toxic! Petty supervisors that retaliate for anything form improving the work environment !Short staffed and expected to do double the work.

The best one

I love this company flexible time. Team work always. The manager is awesome. I receive incentive for shift. Multiple activity’s to educated personal.

Elite and top of the line

I have been able to see and do more at this hospital than many others in central Florida due to its size and prestige. The people are kind and I enjoy coming to work with my coworkers.

Really nothing. They have no regard for employees, and never do anything special for you.

They are a horrible company- ONLY interested in making money. They make providers see an unreasonable number of patients, so your work day stretches 1-2 hr overtime every day.They claim they are a "church" so they do not have to follow Federal rules about benefits and compensation. Do not do it!!

Cons

nurses are never paid enough and work environment is toxic. Management doesn't really help and always short staffed. Nurses need to be paid more for the work we do

Too much has changed

At the beginning of my employment it was a wonderful place to work. It slowly began to change and after the complete take over it is more of a corporate environment than that which they wish to portray in their mission. Very good with patients but that doesn't extend to their staff.

Awesome culture and mission

AdventHealth is the best workplace that I have ever been at. The executives care and many of them are willing to mentor me. I really like the culture, and the kindness that is here at AdventHealth.

Pros

Mentorship and Advancement

Ok for first job

Good place to start your RN career and then move on. You can get a decent foundation and introduction to nursing. For higher acuity patients, you will need a facility with a higher level of care

flexstaff included online training and 2 day training on the unit

As a flexstaff employee the pay is really good and everyone in administration and management was fair and very helpful as far as getting you accustomed to their system. The unit was very fast paced and I did not always get the days that i wanted to work.

Excellent Work Environment

Overall I thought AdventHealth was a great place to work, even during Covid. Leadership does have genuine concern for the well being of their employees, and I found it to be a generally enjoyable place to work.

Rampant Favoritism

They say all the right words but their actions do not match, diversity is a claimed goal yet they continue to press the Adventist agenda and promote only those who think like them. Pay is entirely inequitable.

Allegedly Christian Based

Not at all Christian based. If you dont have family or friends working at this organization you will never advance. A lot of leadership has no high school diploma. Human Resource do not support all departments.

Needs improvement with Upper Management

High turn over rate. Don’t appreciate their employees. Upper management has never worked in the department so it’s hard to explain issues that arise and make suggestions to resolve it. Can’t report anything to HR because it will get swept under the rug.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdventHealth Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss