AdventHealth
65Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

AdventHealth Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA8 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
It is a very organized office, with a great staff. If you are a student and you need to get your feet wet (so to speak) in the medical field, this a great office to do it at. The doctor's are very accommodating and helpful. If you are eager to learn, they are eager to teach. You get real world skills in this practice. You will leave with a world of confidence.
Pros
Always learning something.
Internship
I came here to learn, and with hopes of working in the facility, but there was an employee who seemed to have a personal problem with me. I did not learn as much as I would of liked to. She refused to sign my time sheets that I needed in order to graduate. The head of my department, at my college was going to get involved. This individual didn't hand me my papers, signed, until the very last day of my internship! I turned down a job there. Worst experience, I was clearly un-welcomed here by one individual.
Productive and fun working place
Sorting out in coming and out going mails.
Taking minutes for managers

Scheduling appoints and traveling for managers and executives

Setting patients up for therapist and also scheduling appointments for patients
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons
low pay
Very productive work place to be in
Staff was very well trained and the service is excellent. the doctors go above and beyond to help patients. Staff stays on duty until all patients have been helped for the day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Amazing experience
I was hired on as a staff nurse. After my orientation, I was picked due to my wound care experience to aid the staff with wound education and became the on floor wound nurse for the physicians on the unit. '
Pros
growth in the company
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Very poor Management and NO productivity standards in place
I was employed by AHP for three months and during this time, the company did a complete organizational restructure. AHP lost a very large client due to not being able to keep up with the amount of inventory being received. Management did not understand how to measure productivity and fired 5 employees within a 2 month period stating those employees were not profitable. The employees' job responsibilities (Analysts) were to write convincing appeals to insurance companies in order to recover reimbursement on denied claims. If anyone reading this understands the process of appealing denied claims to insurance companies, you would know that it takes at least 60 days for appeals to be reviewed and considered.

I was one of those employees to be let go. The reason given was that I was not bringing in enough revenue (even though I was only employed for 3 months and in training for the first 2-3 weeks).

I believe AHP could be very successful if different management were in charge. In this type of business, you have to understand the full Revenue Cycle and management had no understanding of such. I was not given the opportunity to make any improvements (if there would have been any) and no one in management discussed their concerns with me prior to HR calling me and telling me I was let go. This is the same thing that happened to the other employees. I would NOT recommend working here until new management steps in and makes radical changes.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
no productivity standards, no structure, VERY poor management, low pay, AWFUL health insurance
low moral in office
Overall, not much support for staff. I would not recommend this place to someone who did not have a great deal of time to spend on the administrative time of the job.
Pros
patient population is great
Cons
no support on new ehr system
Best job
I really enjoyed working there , I miss the people and my co-workers I am still in touch with my former co-worker.