AdventHealth Employee Reviews

Found 1,036 reviews matching the search See all 1,044 reviews
Horrible Place
Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 8, 2018
AHS has elevated cronyism to an art form. Advancement is based on whom you know and their politics. Don't play? You are out, but they "pray" for you. Leadership does not walk the talk: Following Hurricane Irma, the hourly worker was told to use vacation time, but they go to 5-Diamond resorts. They give Christianity a bad name. Lots of silent, unhappy people. Doctors and nurses save the organization, for now.
Pros
Few. I learned as much as I could and left
Cons
Poor and costly medical benefits, if you are hourly. Cronyism. Very bad management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLNovember 2, 2018
It depends where in Advent health system you work. The hospital has many opportunities but. It FRI outpatient radiology POOR management with no room to advance. Very unorganized, they do things behind your back and poor communication
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
No room to advance, favoritism, lack of communication
Worked in behavioral health services including inpatient psychiatry, substance abuse and EAP
Project Dev Specialist, Partial Hospital Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSDecember 20, 2018
Worked on a variety of projects across the department providing support and supervision to the treatment teams. Projects varied based upon assigned responsibilities. I learned to be a department manager and to develop a treatment team. I had a great relationship with both department and hospital leadership. The workplace culture was supportive of front line workers and promoted Adventist values.
The hardest part of the job was balancing the number of projects across difference departments.
The most enjoyable part of working within the hospital to integrate behavioral health services.
Pros
Support from leadership
Cons
Lack of opportunity for career advancement
Solid place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
Florida Hospital, now Adventist, is a hospital making big strides in becoming the top hospital in Florida. They are growing at an exponential pace and have purchased lots of property in the last, few years. They want to be better than average but unfortunately their pay scale is a bit antiquated. For people working in positions concerning Inventory, Food Service, Environmental Services and Facilities Management, the compensation forces some to work second jobs. It's a shame because the hospital has a great atmosphere and good people that just want a little more in the paycheck. Maybe that will change in the future but that is not the case at the moment.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
Short lunches, low pay.
great place to work
RN Emergency room (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLOctober 26, 2018
They have an agreement with Chamberlain University that allows you to pursue you degree at a discontinued rate. They also take care of their employees and compensate well. They have a wellness program that pays you to stay healthy and allow you to make decisions in the emergency room and practice nursing like a nurse should be able to. The schedule is self schedule and the directors are awesome in trying to fit everyone's needs. It feels like you are part of a family and a great team.
Pros
They are all pro's
Cons
some short breaks
Fast Paced, Multi-Level
Inventory Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2018
Being the supervisor over inventory control, my position I held a few titles. Cycle counts were weekly, also year end entire inventory
I oversaw and helped resolve any issues in the following areas Receiving, Purchasing, Stocking, Stat orders and delivery's, Returning Merchandise due to error or damage.
Worked independently reported to Materials Manager, weekly meetings with shift supervisors and staff
Pros
Teamwork w/co workers
Cons
Good hospital. Most people in management placement had degrees but little experience or skill.
Hospitalist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYNovember 5, 2018
The hospital provided a necessary need for the community however most people there had the necessary degrees but barely had the skill set and even less interpersonal skills necessary for the job itself.
Pros
Good community
Cons
Management was bossy and didn't like people with superior skill sets to themselves.
Great Administrator and staff
Office Manager/Payroll/Human Resource (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666November 1, 2018
I was happy there. My friend the administrator at Colonial offered me a job. I thought it was a good move. I was wrong. She was an alcoholic and lost her job.Then I lost my job. Ended up at Hacienda with a administrator who was racial and in a motorcycle group. I was scared for my life.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Poor management some from corp. office
wonderful working environment, great place to work
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 31, 2018
The work day consisted of checking in and registering patients for their surgery as well as collecting payments. Answering phone calls, assisting patients family's while in waiting room. I worked very close with the other employees in the office as well as nurses and doctors in the surgery center.
friendly place to work
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be full of hellos and smiling faces from coworkers and other staff. I learned a lot about the medical field and insurance. The management was okay, but unable to properly solve any workplace problems. The workplace culture could be lazy at times, but work was always finished on time. The hardest part of the job was working with angry patients, and the most enjoyable was the very friendly environment throughout the hospital.
Pros
cafeteria and gift shop discount, good benefits
Cons
weak management
Your peers are your bread and butter. They are so comforting and helpful
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCSeptember 26, 2018
I have spent a multitude of years here. I have seen good doctors and nurses leave because safety issues were not addressed. This place is not safe to work especially in a critical care unit. There are impaired employees that are allowed to care for patients. After complaint after complaint it is clear they are more concerned about lawsuits than the life of the patient. Attention was brought to management and the problem still continues. We can’t blame the director because they have initiated complaints to corporate and corporates response is let persons resign. Our next step is Federal and state involvement. Because we are done being dumped on.
Pros
The staff you work with is your only support
Cons
The staff you work with is your ONLY SUPPORT
productive work place
Register Nurse (Observation) (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Comfortably and friendly atmosphere to wok , Good team work among all staff... Management excellent team. Florida hospital provides excellent patient care and honor the hospital code. Solid large company. Care for their employees. Great co-workers. Many activities to involve employees. The best customer service I have ever seen, and that means a lot since the customer are patients. PDO or paid days off. There are now additional "modified" holidays that you are required to take off in addition to the mandatory holidays. Barely accrue enough days to meet that demand.
culture
Member concierge specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2018
My typical day at work is a free stress environment, Great team support and collaboration. Trust and ability to be part of the team.
The most enjoyable part of the job that you love what you do and feel supported.
The hardest part of the job when you have been unsupported, misinterpreted and bullied.
My co-workers are my supporters and the highlight of my day.
Lack of diversity and business know how
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
FH is transitioning into a large corporate mega firm. In the smaller markets they do not have managers with the right skills to manage the growth or lead the functions. And there is a lack of diversity- they are not inclusive, they hire look and think alikes.
Pros
Building a large brand
Cons
Management, non-inclusive culture, low pay, lack of pay increases
Company does not follow policies
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 16, 2019
This company does not pay out earned PDO time upon leaving the company. They do not follow there on policies and procedures. Company just piles work on existing staff members with new projects with no additional staff members added. They claim the support work Life Balance.
Challenging environment committed to excellence and quality
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 27, 2018
Solid and professional work environment. Opportunities for growth for committed employees. Their mission is and values are reflected in the way they care for their patients and staff. They are community focused and invest in the local community. Their leaders are competent and highly respected.
Pros
Excellent network with top professionals
Cons
Long hours for managment
Fairly good place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jellico, TNOctober 25, 2018
Adventist Health of Jellico was replaced by another company which created many changes. Prior to the new company taking over Adventist Health Systems was a good place to work. The new company and new management eliminated many jobs.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fairly relaxed work atmosphere, the teamwork was a plus
Productive and fun working
Athena - Streamline Trainer/Go Live Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2018
A great place and staffs are very good at all their work ethics and roles given. Medical needs are met with great of dignified response and overall the management team are well to do. An environment that strives with excellence gets great deal of credit and i can say they got it all in place.
Cons
Healthcare
A hospital is a great place to work
Plumber/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Porter Hospital. You get to work with and around a very diverse group of people. I only moved on because of a fantastic opportunity to further my career.
Pros
Loved all of the challenges a health care campus provides
Cons
Being a facility that is open 24/7 365, time constraints are the only thing that were hard to work around at times
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FL 32763September 10, 2018
Great Place to work. I loved my job and worked many many hours I have no regrets. The management was great at the time.
The working place is very clean and the environment is pleasant. I learned every day more and more increasing my knowledge in business. I truly enjoyed my job and the people as a gift shop buyer/manager.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdventHealth. Our community is ready to answer.