AdventHealth Employee Reviews

Found 1,076 reviews matching the search See all 1,085 reviews
Spiritual Minded workplace that is truly spiritually driven.
Staff RN employed (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 19, 2019
Great onboarding training program for new hires and refresher courses for nurses that have been out of nursing for a while. Very pro education and many opportunities for CEU's.
Pros
Religious based
Cons
For tax reasons I had to pay Kansas taxes because I live in Missouri
AdventHealth
Certified Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, KYMarch 17, 2019
Great hospital with awesome nurses/physicians and overall staff. It has been several years since I have worked there and I'm sure a lot has changed both pro and con.
work review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSMarch 17, 2019
I my nursing career in the ED here and I have made some lasting friendships. I feel that there are mentors in the department and that they want people to succeed
Pointless to work here as a paramedic
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2019
As a paramedic that has worked a 911 ambulance, a transport ambulance, and at another hospital this place offers me nothing except free classes to renew my current certs. I can tell you that CNA's and EMT's make just as much and there isn't a difference to them. They aren't hiring for a medic they're hiring an ER tech and the majority of your job is to clean beds and take patients upstairs. If you're an EMT this probably is a good place to be because you can take an IV class and get some practice in for medic school. If you're a medic, do yourself a favor and work somewhere else. The pay is halfway decent but you're tremendously overqualified for the job and its really frustrating.
Pros
Cons
Unfriendly staff, boring, pay, hours
Very Good
Volunteer- Out Patient Department (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 11, 2019
They are very nice people. They love helping the new team members and making them feel welcome.
Love volunteering there because i love help people and they love helping others too,
Pros
Free Lunch
Understaffed
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 10, 2019
Our area was understaffed. Several areas were. It felt like there was pressure to pick up extra shifts all the time and if you didn't you weren't considered a team player.
Good place to work for
Junior Global BMT and Kidney Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLMarch 10, 2019
We extend the healing ministry of Christ. It's a good place to work for with good perks. Love working with the patients and helping them as much as I can.
Not bad
Caregiver (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Apopka sMarch 10, 2019
Nice co-workers,great supervisors,specially on the night shifts ,all nurses are good,they’re very nice but they need more people to work cause they’re always short of employees.
Na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLMarch 8, 2019
I enjoy working at at the facility. I like my nurse manager very well. She shows through her actions and words that she really cares for her team. It is a great facility for new nurses as well as seasoned nurse to work.
Workplace culture
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 7, 2019
They truly strive to practice what they preach. Challenges will be in any environment but their approach to opportunities for improvement is well planned and strategically implemented. Truly engaging atmosphere.
great experience
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 7, 2019
loved working there, learned so much and am always grateful. good people and great management. working for munroe was the best hospital experience, learned so much from great nurses and aids with much more experience than me. was busy and challenging but very rewarding.
Pros
good teamwork/ full lunches and breaks/ caring staff
Cons
busy and challenging
I have
Phlebotomy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 2, 2019
I have never worked in Adventhealth so I cant answer the questions. CCAR was a non-profit agency but I am not sure if AdventHealth is associated. This is requiring me to write more but I can not inform you of a position I never experienced. The hardest part of completing this is It not allowing me to complete the application before answering the questions but I do not have answers.
Great Management
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2019
Leaders are very helpful and encourage you to grow. The company is a great place to meet new people and make connections that will help to further you in your career.
Internal Mobility Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Great place to work, good services and plans for employees. Great culture of faith. Ability to pray and serve in the community and to make a positive difference daily!
Pros
Great location
Cons
N/a
Does not care about staff
Clinical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLFebruary 26, 2019
I used to be employed by Florida Hospital, now known as Advent Health. I worked in Critical Care in their Wesley Chapel hospital. The hospital was beautiful on the exterior but I was shocked to find out how unhappy the people there are.

On my first week at work, all I heard were employees complaining about the company. The nurses were not allowed to sit in the nurses station during downtime because the charge nurse did not like it so most of us grab rolling chairs and rolling computers and sat in the hallways.

During busy hours with call bells going off left and right, I learned that the charge nurses are not to answer call bells even when the rest of the staff were busy. The charge nurse will call the nurse on their phones to let them know that a patient is calling eventhough the charge nurse does not have a patient load.

When a family member of yours is sick or hospitalized, Advent Health does not care nor will show an ounce of sympathy. You have to make it to work regardless of your personal situation.

I was not surprised to find out that they had a large number of nurses who have left as I experienced first-hand how they treated their staff.

If you miss clocking in and out for lunch, you have to fill out a TCF form. Pain medication effects have to be charted within 30 minutes (it does not matter if you are tied up with patient care) otherwise you will get a phone call.
Pros
working here made me realize that the grass is indeed greener in other hospitals
Cons
everything
Great place to work but stressful
Regulatory Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2019
I have been very happy in my position with AdventHealth until recent changes in workflow. These changes have made my position extremely stressful. I have no work/life/family balance anymore.
Pros
Working Remotely
Cons
Stress
Was family friend but too many meetings that many could have been handled by email.
Director of Specialty Practices (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2019
I enjoyed my time with AdventHealth and there are many opportunities for continuing education and training. Sometimes leaders are not given enough opportunity to work and make decisions.
I think if they get better management and supervisors it can be a good place to work
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 22, 2019
This job only care about the work getting done not you and your family! They always bother the good workers versus the workers that don’t do their work properly. You will have no life working here. My child is disabled and they didn’t care what I needed to do for him. The supervisors are snakes and the manager throw rocks n hide his hands. Stay away if you can! There is a lot of favoritism going on here.
Benefits
very good
OT Student Clinical Work (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTFebruary 14, 2019
This is a good company to work for. The patients are well taken care of and the staff is close and cares about patient outcomes and the well-being of everyone.
Benefits
ED Registration/CNA/Sitter (Former Employee) –  Ocala FloridaFebruary 14, 2019
When I worked at Advent Health, it was actually called Munroe Regional at the time. I was a PRN employee. For about 4 year I worked really good hours in my department because we were always short. But when the new manager came along, she started to cut my hours. I was not able live off of the little bit of hours that I was working. So I knew it would be better to leave and find a Full- Time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdventHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss