AdventHealth Employee Reviews

Found 1,058 reviews matching the search See all 1,066 reviews
Incompetent, Ignorant and Unprofessional
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 2, 2019
Advent Health is undoubtedly a wonderful organization to work for. That is depending on what department you work for. There is a terrible problem in the Managed Care department, however the problem is not the employees. Based on the extremely high turnover rate, it doesn't take much to figure out where the problem is stemming from. Leadership and higher needs to really listen to their employees, the ones that are doing the work. The turnover rate must be costing the organization quite a bit. Leadership, my advice to you is to take at look at HR records and the complaints that have gone to HR...and who the complaints were/are about. Stop looking the other way and stop the bullying, unprofessional and inappropriate behavior coming from management.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Has potential to be a fun place to work.
Management (Former Employee) –  Orlando EastFebruary 10, 2019
This hospital is one in which you need to network yourself immediately. It almost felt like a college campus with a bunch of cliques and sororities. If the right people don't like you, they make sure to weed you out. I had a manager actually target certain employees and told me, as assistant manager, to follow them and check all their work so that as soon as that person made a mistake I could write them up. We would continue to write ups until the point of termination. The management there was not about helping to improve employees, but to get rid of them. They're a lot of talk to your face, and a lot of trash talk behind your back. I worked in many different capacities, including nursing, in the hospital and had very few positive experiences to take away from my time there. For example, one of our units closed so instead of getting me full time hours elsewhere, the time was just taken out of my PTO until I had no more PTO and just wasn't getting paid a full time salary.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Management, bullying, difficult to grow
Horrible Place
Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 8, 2018
AHS has elevated cronyism to an art form. Advancement is based on whom you know and their politics. Don't play? You are out, but they "pray" for you. Leadership does not walk the talk: Following Hurricane Irma, the hourly worker was told to use vacation time, but they go to 5-Diamond resorts. They give Christianity a bad name. Lots of silent, unhappy people. Doctors and nurses save the organization, for now.
Pros
Few. I learned as much as I could and left
Cons
Poor and costly medical benefits, if you are hourly. Cronyism. Very bad management
Solid place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
Florida Hospital, now Adventist, is a hospital making big strides in becoming the top hospital in Florida. They are growing at an exponential pace and have purchased lots of property in the last, few years. They want to be better than average but unfortunately their pay scale is a bit antiquated. For people working in positions concerning Inventory, Food Service, Environmental Services and Facilities Management, the compensation forces some to work second jobs. It's a shame because the hospital has a great atmosphere and good people that just want a little more in the paycheck. Maybe that will change in the future but that is not the case at the moment.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
Short lunches, low pay.
friendly place to work
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be full of hellos and smiling faces from coworkers and other staff. I learned a lot about the medical field and insurance. The management was okay, but unable to properly solve any workplace problems. The workplace culture could be lazy at times, but work was always finished on time. The hardest part of the job was working with angry patients, and the most enjoyable was the very friendly environment throughout the hospital.
Pros
cafeteria and gift shop discount, good benefits
Cons
weak management
Run
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FLAGERJanuary 18, 2019
Run run run run run run run run run and do not look back I think this says it all, it only took me a year to find out what this company is all about, look at allthe advertisment they are spending and at the race track, when it comes to raises its across the board and not on your work ehtics and then its maybe 30 cents if your lucky,
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Poor staff appreciation and overwork
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrlanJuly 26, 2018
Workload increases every day with the expectations to do 3 people job for 1 pay. Management does not appreciate staff and the company does not support opportunity for learning and development. The company promotes the providers being always right and not treating staff as equally important as the providers. Not overtime is encouraged but all the work needs to be done on time despite that we have to run clinic and phone calls and all other duties. We have no administrative time to do extra work. It is very difficult to get time off approved. Staff schedule keeps changing constantly even though provider schedule does not change. Management is constantly in your shoulders telling you what you did wrong and about the never ending changes in procedures.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Management and workload; no holiday pay
Nursing Home
LVN/CHARGE NURSE/SKILLED & LONG-TERM UNITS (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJuly 29, 2018
I did not enjoy it here much. The management are very smart, but not helpful at all. Behind the desk type for sure. Always understaffed and unrealistic work loads. Outbreaks of 2 bad bugs in both sides of the building. Most of the co-workers there were a joy to work with. The patients were wonderful mostly. But no support from management. You are expected to be able to do the job of 3 instead of 1 person, but not allowed to stay one minute over to complete anything.
Pros
Patients and most coworkers, and pay, and benefits
Cons
Unrealistic work load and always understaffed
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FL 32763September 10, 2018
Great Place to work. I loved my job and worked many many hours I have no regrets. The management was great at the time.
The working place is very clean and the environment is pleasant. I learned every day more and more increasing my knowledge in business. I truly enjoyed my job and the people as a gift shop buyer/manager.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Long Hours
Great Vision and Mission
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
The value, mission and vision are great. The hospitals have a lot of community involvement.
Overall, the benefits and compensation are good and I would recommend working for Adventist.
Pros
Christ based organization
Cons
They are many divisions within Florida, these comments are only intended for one market: Physician offices not staffed appropriately, senior management does not make an appearance in the offices unless it is something critical, senior management only listens to their own direct reports and does not investigate concerns.
Good place to work overall.
SERVICE DESK QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 23, 2018
Overall benefits are outstanding and the team members are great to work with. The leads are also equally as great to work with. However management (intentionally or not) have the tendency to make the team feel like they are just someone filling a seat from time to time.They seem to be very metric based and do a great job meeting with the team members to go over their metrics, but do not necessarily have a way of assisting team members on how to improve in areas where improvement is needed. While the leads do a great job providing the user with tips on how they can improve, an improvement plan where side by side coaching of the team member while they take calls would be beneficial.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Management could be improved upon
good benefits
Lead Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2019
benefits and hours covered for any management deficiencies that did occur. Only other thing was the pdo with having no choice on 1/2 days on if we could use our own pdo vs opt out of being paid to save for vacation
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2018
Worst experience of my career! Lot of talk about mission but lots of dishonest behavior behind the scenes. Also if you want to be promoted you better be white. Just take a look at the C suite!
Pros
Cons
Low Salary, Politics, Dishonesty
East
Floor nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Great place to work at ..wish i could have continued to grow with this company . Moved to a different city. Benifits,staff and management are just a few plus .
love coming to work
Nurisng (Current Employee) –  Durand, WIJanuary 17, 2019
For nursing I love going to work everyday. We get to work in all nursing roles and learn every day. I enjoy being part of a small team that does great things for this small town.
Pros
good people, good food, great benefits
Dietary
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Worked here when it was Munroe Regional Medical Center. Enjoyed the position working with the patients doing 12 hour shifts. Salary was okay for the area.
Many quality hospitals local don’t waste your time, energy or effort, they are about profits nothing else
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 6, 2018
I guess if fresh out of school and you really need a job it is worth the stress and management having no respect for techs, management with no medical background, leads with no registries in the field they get hired for a lead position. Change religions, get some good lipstick for the butt kissing and you might move up in the company. Sad you have to be a seven day Adventist to move up, never heard of any other company like that. Lowest paid hospital in the Orlando area with worst benefits. Ever wonder why they are always hiring, wouldn’t be an issue if people loved the working there.

This company is about profits nothing else, I am telling you this from a every point of view, a tech, a son of a patient, a parent of a patient, a husband of a patient, and friends of patients.
Pros
New ER clean, some friendly co workers that love helping people
Cons
No respect for employees, drs ordering worthless exams because they know they make the company lots of money, leads are uneducated or not even trained in that field
Ridiculous place of enployment
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLJanuary 24, 2019
I came to "Advent Health" in hopes to advance but when you have a faith based company hiring atheist/devils in your organization it becomes toxic..... I was racially discriminated against, picked on..... favoritism was big in the organization in which those favorites of the practice manager did not have to work so hard while everyone else had to pick up the slack..... no job security at all.... when management does not want you they will find ridiculous ways to get rid of you point blank..... horrible place ..... they dont care about employees like they claim they do...... always will be about numbers and money over anything..... I will NEVER work for this company again..... and to believe this was my dream to work for "Advent Health"
Cons
Fake people, no job security, and favortism
Stressful and short staffed
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
The hospital works you to death and is extremely short staffed. Management is pretty good. They do the best they can to help the department. Compensation is good. Overall though, Adventist health systems lacks a good work/life balance and I would not recommend this company if your family is a priority.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work/life balance
Great co-workers, bad company
Patient Care Tech and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 2, 2018
They don't give raises, and when they do, it's not even the cost of living, terrible. Management awful, my co-workers were amazing though, love them!
Pros
my co-workers!
Cons
pay, management, feeling unappreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdventHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss