Adventist Care Centers Employee Reviews

Great Administrator and staff
Office Manager/Payroll/Human Resource (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666November 1, 2018
I was happy there. My friend the administrator at Colonial offered me a job. I thought it was a good move. I was wrong. She was an alcoholic and lost her job.Then I lost my job. Ended up at Hacienda with a administrator who was racial and in a motorcycle group. I was scared for my life.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Poor management some from corp. office
Ambiente laboral profecional
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  RN STAFFOctober 5, 2018
Ambiente laboral profecional, diversidad cultural, ambiente de respeto entre personal y administracion.
Good work envioment!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXOctober 4, 2018
Had a blast working here met amazing people and very intelligent and wise knowing souls learned a lot of new stuff had a lot of advancements great work place!
Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Diboll, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Management easy to work with and the pace is more tolerable than others. The staff and directors really care about customer service and that keeps the clients happier during difficult times.
Great place
RN, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 20, 2018
Overall company provides many great opportunities and the ability to find the career that best fits the needs of the individual. Awesome place for those who are either new nurses or transitioning from other areas.
Pros
Various aquity of patients which fosters improved skills
Cons
Bridge between nursing management and frontline can use improvement and consistancy
Respect
LPN Charge Nurse/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLAugust 2, 2018
This company had respect & beliefs that I never doubted ever. The education and the ability to advance as an LPN is something this company believes in. I learned a lot working for them. Thank you and God bless.
Pros
God is within all
Cons
The money they pay could be more
Nursing Home
LVN/CHARGE NURSE/SKILLED & LONG-TERM UNITS (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJuly 29, 2018
I did not enjoy it here much. The management are very smart, but not helpful at all. Behind the desk type for sure. Always understaffed and unrealistic work loads. Outbreaks of 2 bad bugs in both sides of the building. Most of the co-workers there were a joy to work with. The patients were wonderful mostly. But no support from management. You are expected to be able to do the job of 3 instead of 1 person, but not allowed to stay one minute over to complete anything.
Pros
Patients and most coworkers, and pay, and benefits
Cons
Unrealistic work load and always understaffed
Excellent workplace
Laundry/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 27, 2018
I love working for Adventist health care I meet new people everyday and I have the opportunity to have a wonderful relationship with my co workers and residents
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyments
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 29, 2018
During my job, I do sliverware. I do juices for the morning. There really isn’t that hard of a job, I’m a fast learner. It doesn’t take me very long to learn something.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, bad communication
Horrible
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
Worst CDM. stressful work place. Bad energy. Way to much work put on employees with little pay. Manager doesn’t care about how much work we do she just wants it done and won’t help out at all. Treat employees like children. Talk very rudely when addressing things to employees. Blames everything on employees. Never remembers what she says. Switches up all the time. Very confusing environment. Doesn’t communicate thing with all employees.
Pros
Great resident
Cons
Horrible management
hiring employee
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJune 20, 2018
This Company always hired great staff including management. Any problems that arrose adventist always took care of them in a professional manner. They also made sure residents where taken care of and where a priority
Productive Fast Pace workplace
Bilingual Clark (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLMay 30, 2018
My position keeps me very busy with all units. I call Dr. Office I make Dr Appointment. Greet family members as they come in. Filling paper work make copys. Call for transport for up coming appointment's.
Pros
Great unit manager
Cons
Low paying facility
good job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 20, 2018
This is an okay company to work for as long as you have no emergencies and don't rack up points. This job is by the book with no inbetween. If hours have to be cut, it starts with the CNA's first. They rarely offer overtime but then will send you home for too many hours.
Cons
health care, doesnt pay for lunch breaks
Office Manager/Payroll/Human Resource (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TX 78666May 4, 2018
I was offered i though a great deal. I was offered more money to do less work and closer to home. Well the job at Colonial Manor Rehab went bad. I should have stayed at the Adventist Nursing Home.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
lots of meetings weekly
Long term and rehabilitative care
Administrative Director of the Activity Department (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXApril 18, 2018
Unstable management makes the working environment stressful for staff and the client base. The background philosophy of the company does not take precedence.
ok job
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYApril 10, 2018
this was an ok place to work as long as you fit in with the crowd. You needed to go to church, quote scripture, pray often as well as agree with the majority. You were not encouraged to be yourself or be an individual. The pay and benefits were great and if you fit in the work family was very close-nit and like a family.
Co workers are helpful and productive.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 3, 2018
Co workers were the best to work with. It was the poor management is why i left.The work load at times could get heavy but the co workers worked together to make it happen. Im sorry i would never return here nor would i recommend anyone to work here. Management does not appreciate good help so i went somewhere that did and i have no regrets.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Poor management
This is a nice place to work with fair compensation
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 19, 2018
This is a nice place to work, the work is rewarding and challenging. The position was responsible for nutrition assessment and care for 223 residents in 2 long term care/rehab center. The RD was responsible for MDS, CAAS, writing care plans, attending care plan meetings, attending NAR meetings, QA meetings, and all other meetings as scheduled. The residents were the most rewarding part of the job. The most challenging was juggling two buildings and finding time and coverage to take advantage of paid time off.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
spread too thin, one building was very manageable
Fun.
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 13, 2018
I don’t do much in this facility except bring the carts of food to the halls. There is always music playing and the staff seems pretty fun to be around. The few residents I do see in the halls always seem happy.
Dont work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  East orlandoFebruary 8, 2018
Horrible place to work lots turn overs they will fired u ever little thing. Pt lie on u ... And u b fired the nexts day its smell. Place is trashy ..over work little pay
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Mangerment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Care Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about