Adventist Health Central Valley Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 14, 2018
We are a faith-based organization, where our Mission is our culture. It inspires us to perform at our best because that's what our community deserves.
Low wages
Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 22, 2017
They have a very good team building environment. Their pay scales are very low and it is very hard to advance in this company. Othe than pay scales I would recommend working here
The workplace can be fun at times.
Receptionist/Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Reedley, CA 93654October 10, 2017
Working at Adventist Health is a very fast paced work environment, I learned a lot of working there, the hardest part of the job is hearing the complaints from patient abut things that were out of my control. The most enjoyable part of my job was making the lifelong friendships.
Cons
having to use our paid time off to cover holidays that were unpaid.
Great Place to work
Director Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 5, 2017
I worked with Adventist Health at the HR Director for Central Valley General Hospital. It was a great place to work. We had a lot of wonderful people working there. The hospital was acquired by Adventist Health.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Nothing bad to say
I enjoy the team work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 24, 2017
I was a per diem worker who worked there for years An could never land a full time position. I got passed up way more experience than others. It's who you know An who they want.
Pros
You get over time
Bad place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dinuba, CAAugust 24, 2017
Poor management. Manager only advances her family and friends . Its not by experience .. rhis is supposed to be a christian based and supposly they take there moto seriously but there liars ..they should let staff evaluate managers
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Rewarding and fulfilling work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 17, 2017
I have worked here for 9+ years. I have greatly enjoyed my time with Adventist, I have met and worked with alot of great people and have worked at many facilities. The atmosphere is professional but friendly and while the work is not easy it is very rewarding.
Nice people to work with
Lead Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 13, 2017
I like the employees, they are very friendly and fun to work with. If you need help, there is someone right there to help you out. If they are not able to help you, they will find someone to help you .
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Respiratory staff respected well
Gonzalo Varello, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 22, 2017
I had to respond on the Code Blue teams to all emergencies and had to perform if needed Adult Intubations with the doctor at bedside and assist with trach changes with some ventilator patients at bedside or in the ICU Units. The work environment can be stressful at any given moment and some hospital staff felt the pressure when it was necessary to step up and save a life. You take the good with the bad and do the best you can with the co-departments and equipment you have on hand to work with.
Pros
Nice work loads
Cons
travel time affected
Look else ware, not worth it!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 28, 2017
Security manager are head hunters, not the smart kind. Security managers have no people skills and are very vindictive. You are just a number literally. Very high turnover because of poor management. No valid training. Was told use common sense when I started with no training. AH claims to be a christian business but you would never know by the way you are treated.
Pros
It's not prison.
Cons
No valid training. Vindictive. Poor pay and hours. Lies from management. Management are idiots.
Rural but fun
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 30, 2017
Er was where I was at. Busy and always running. Good staff, super helpful. Management listened and tri d to treat employees well. Only hospital in county so it can be overwhelming. Drs and staff always willing to help.
good work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Selma, CAMay 9, 2017
I love to work and every day is starting with encouragement , learning and confidentiality. very good management , team work and respectful environment to work.
Positive enviroment
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Reedley, CA 93654May 8, 2017
My day starts at 7am and mainly consist of monitoring 3 computer screens, answering multi phone line. Days are extremely long, due to the fact I work 12 hour shifts. I really enjoy the people I work with and the management is so caring. Monitoring the patients and actually saving lives is rewarding.
Overall a good company
Employee in Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 21, 2017
Adventist Health has fair wages, the people are all around pleasant for the most part, and the insurance coverage is very cheap. I enjoyed my time there, though depending on the department you work in, advancement can be limited.
friendly and room to grow
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 3, 2017
in the little time i worked there i noticed the benefits to grow at this place.Job wasnt stressful and didnt notice too many people that looked miserable.
Pros
busy, friendly staff
Cons
per-diem but it wasnt bad
Review
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work for. Supervisors and all staff are very friendly. Equipment is all up to date. Everyone is so friendly that it makes it such an easy place to work and enjoy what i do.
productive
Environmental Services/Courier (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Clean patient rooms, delivery rooms, surgery rooms, short stay area, waiting rooms, emergency rooms, front lobby area, etc; learned hospital standards and universal precautions, cleaning was an ongoing thing and never ended, knowing that i made a difference and always put a smile on a patients face when they were not feeling well.
Review
Medical Imaging/Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Amazing company to work for. I started working for Adventist 15 years ago as a cafeteria employee and Adventist has given me an opportunity to advance in my career.
Great Place to work
Pre-Bill Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I was only sad that my assigment had ended. I had a liaison not a manager so that could have made things a little rough. I would go back and work for them again if a posistion opens up that I am qualified for.
Pros
nice people, they take care of their staff, you work 4 day at 10 hours and get friday off at 12, they have church in the morning before you start your shift, its optinal
Cons
they hire you on as contract for small projects and when the project is done so are you.
Excellent work environment
Director Risk Management Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Leadership dedicated to employee satisfaction. Rated 4+ in Gallup surveys. Competitive compensation and benefits. Faith based organization. Located in Central Valley of California.