Adventist Health Physicians Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
the mission is excellent
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 15, 2018
best place I have ever worked, team work, focused on service in Jesus name. the workload and the pay are very unbalanced. they require a lot for minimal pay. ..........................................
Pros
the Purpose
Cons
the pay
oncology nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Being an oncology nurse is a very rewarding experience. Becoming the patients friend and caregiver is an amazing feeling. You become a support system for these patients and their family at the most stressful and difficult times in their lives.
Well Managed
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CA 91206February 4, 2018
The facility is well managed and there is a growing concern. It is well staffed. It is a multi specialty facility. There is plenty of exposure to different policies
temporary
FILE CLERK/OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90039January 17, 2018
It was only a temporary position for me working with Adventist Health through a staffing agency but felt like I was welcomed with management, and treated fairly.
Working with patients for so long, you learn their names. and they love that personal touch
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2017
I really loved my job at AHPN. I enjoyed working with the staff, and especially with the patients. I enjoyed my duties. and working with doctors. I completed all my work. it was a very fast paced office which made the time go by extremely fast. unfortunately we would have the occasional cockroach. or the office would be really cold which was out of our hands. Other than that. I really enjoyed working there. I was a very loyal employee. I would make sure my manager didn't have any negative stats on her reports. I tried to make everyone's jobs easier.
tired
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 6, 2017
This is an infant company that could do better to retain employees.The culture is good but it will require some serious changes for the future. It has potential but I think needs better leadership.
Productive and fun workplace
Patients Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Reconciliation of cash and direct bank deposits by Insurance Companies.
Ensure accurate cash posting and proper capitation of payments
Retrieve claim information from insurance company websites. Handling Cash and Credit refunds.
Working on credit balances on the accounts.
Not worth it
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 14, 2016
I'm gonna put it as nicely as possible.... This clinic is ALWAYS busy, always understaffed, employees are frequently "volunteered" to cover other clinics and this clinic never gets the help it needs, despite multiple patient complaints, your input is rarely valued during meetings, (speaking from experience) and as far as management goes, they all need to be replaced with people who are ACTUALLY willing to HELP you and NOT throw you under the bus.
Pros
The staff was great, never had issues with anyone
Cons
A great group of people to work with.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 30, 2016
A typical work day would consist of registering an average of
30 to 50 patients a day.

We all greeting patients with a warm welcoming smile, and ensured
our patients experience was a good one from beginning to end.

The company offered good benefits, Medical, dental, and vision.

The hardest part of the job would be when we were really busy and some patients did not want to wait to be seen.

The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on the patients faces, this part of the job was priceless.
Pros
One of the best Urgent Care Clinics
Cons
Company will be closing.
best work experience i've had
Medical Assistant and X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Montrose, CAJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for this organization. If I didn't have to relocate to be with my husband who is in the military I would still be working for them.
A great place to work
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 5, 2014
Working at Adventist has given me the opportunity to work in a new field and to widen my experience in HR.
very busy enviroment
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 6, 2014
work with six providers. Really busy office. I've learn how to do medical records, referrals for patients, call in medications, and doing vfc inventory.