Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 994 reviews matching the search See all 1,005 reviews
Loved working in the Pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLAugust 18, 2018
I had issues with my feet, so i was unable to stand/walk the 8 hours that was required. Had foot surgery. Pay was across board. It should have been quality of work, attendance, and seniority.
Nice place to work
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLAugust 16, 2018
I worked in the Wellness Center. The therapists with whom I worked were always willing to collaborate on patient care. It was extremely helpful when "hitting the wall" on ideas for patient treatment. The unit was very much like a family.
stisfaction
RN Team Leader/Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLAugust 15, 2018
pay was good and so was bonus but was treated poorly. Need to listen more to your nurses. CNA's also treated poorly. Assistant Director had no experience in the field on the unit she worked. Was hired because she was a friend. Very unfair
Pros
salary
Cons
little to no time for breaks to busy all the time not enough staff
Beliefs
SURGICAL SERVICES AIDE (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLAugust 14, 2018
Has a hard time in keeping with the SDA beliefs. They keep the money to themselves while the rest the employees struggle to keep their heads above water.
high work load
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2018
not enough staff, all about politics, typically have 5-6 pts and no good management, management doe not listen to staff and alot of nurses got fired mostly blacks just because of pt lying on them without hearing staff side
Workplace
RN HOSPITAL FLOAT POOL (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLAugust 13, 2018
The workplace is typical of any hospital setting. It is demanding but rewarding. The atmosphere is conducive and friendly. It is a religious based organization.
Anonymous
Contracts Buyer (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 11, 2018
Good company w/great benefits, 7th day Adventist culture w/strict dress code, expected to work more than 40 hrs per week as salaried employee, and frequent black-out dates for time off.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Quick-Paced environment
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 10, 2018
It's a great place to work and I have learned a lot working here. However, I don't feel as though I'm being paid for the amount of work my co-workers and I do. I feel as though this facility is more worried about money than they are about the actual well being of their employees.
BENEFITS COORDINATOR/ DOCUMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 6, 2018
All in all not much to say about working here. It was a good place to work and you learn alot. You can grow with this company as lng as you prove yourself.
Cons
No meat served only tofu
I loved working for this company is
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLAugust 4, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone who is hard-working and a team player. The company atmosphere is family like, the Christian principles this company conveys is very welcoming. Any new nurse should be blessed to have an experience such as the one I was blessed with at Florida Hospital Flagler.
Pros
Payroll deducted lunches, the entire staff is amazing
Cons
My drive to work was an hour long one way... That's the only reason I left the hospital.
Caring place to work
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Eustis, FLAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this facility. I found them to be very caring and loving with the patients and staff.
I enjoyed interacting with staff and physicians.
Office was well supplied with computer equipment so that my job was easier to complete the tasks asked of me
Great co-workers, bad company
Patient Care Tech and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 2, 2018
They don't give raises, and when they do, it's not even the cost of living, terrible. Management awful, my co-workers were amazing though, love them!
Pros
my co-workers!
Cons
pay, management, feeling unappreciated
Christian and patient care based health care
Program Registrar Diabetes Education (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2018
I loved working for FHT in the Diabetes education. A job I had no intentions of leaving. Unfortunately my position was cut and I had to find another department to work in.
if you fit in, you can coast until you die
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2018
Culture isolated workers from managers and strongly discouraged communications outside your department. They talk a good game but don't deliver. The managers isolate themselves from the workers and create a clique of those who are destined for promotion. They party together at company expense.

While they talk a good game, there is no indication that management is interested in improving the quality of the product they deliver, only in identifying as many separate tasks as possible and staffing each one.
Pros
easy to get by without working hard but only if you fit in
Cons
boring, culture of haves and have nots.
Trying To Move Forward
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 31, 2018
I like working but my boss didn't like me knowing to much because I was just a CNA. Computers took up allot of the time. Wanted to help the patients. the nurses didn't really know there patients at all because they were on there computers. They needed to learn more about the patients needs. Interesting place to work but the rooms needed to have more supplies in the rooms.Have more housekeepers on 3rd shift had messes to clean up.I love my job working with everyone on any floor learning more about each of the units. Helping out the Doctors. I think the housekeepers should get more money like the CNA's were all cleaning up allot of hazardous infection waste from each patient. We our all working together has team to helping each person that comes though.
Pros
Rewarding each appartment for a job well done.
Cons
Working has a Team
Very Cold and Stressfull place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 30, 2018
The unending pressure from Management to “ meet monthly goals” made the job experience very stressful. The freezing temperatures in the Office Space, made it extremely uncomfortable to work. The only “ break” you were Officially allowed was a half hour lunch. If you are a slow eater you areout of luck!
Great Vision and Mission
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
The value, mission and vision are great. The hospitals have a lot of community involvement.
Overall, the benefits and compensation are good and I would recommend working for Adventist.
Pros
Christ based organization
Cons
They are many divisions within Florida, these comments are only intended for one market: Physician offices not staffed appropriately, senior management does not make an appearance in the offices unless it is something critical, senior management only listens to their own direct reports and does not investigate concerns.
An amazing company to work for!
Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 27, 2018
Such an amazing company to work for! I learn something new every day. My preceptors always take the time and make the effort to train me in the right way and always listen to my concerns.
Pros
Amazing company moral, benefits and oppourtunity for adavacement.
Cons
N.A., I have no current issues with the company.
Constant staffing turnover
RN (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 26, 2018
I love that the same positions for employment are always posted - maybe the leadership in those departments need some change. So much turn over with staffing, they love hiring new nurses at minimum pay with expectations of them to be already experienced. If you are an experienced nurse, you're not to have an opinion or provide feedback to leadership - that's considered negative. The amazing co workers you work side by side with are what makes you want to work there
Pros
Your co workers
Cons
Administration
Company
ERP Reporting Analyst Sr. (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 26, 2018
A common day working at adventist health system was a very pleasant environment. The top managers are very sociable
and care a lot about their employees, they really practice what they preach.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
do not allow you to work from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss