Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Found 1,027 reviews matching the search See all 1,038 reviews
Scary, care is marginal at best.
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 16, 2018
All patients get general anesthesia because surgeons don’t want to wait the five minutes to do a spinal or a block. Old and outdated procedures like sewing a red rubber cath to a child’s nose to tube feed after tonsillectomy.
Pros
Cons
Many
No good
Phlebotomist, Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 15, 2018
A very family oriented place. The lab was too family oriented. Was let go off of a he say situation with no investigation. Will not work for this particular place.
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2018
Worst experience of my career! Lot of talk about mission but lots of dishonest behavior behind the scenes. Also if you want to be promoted you better be white. Just take a look at the C suite!
Pros
Cons
Low Salary, Politics, Dishonesty
Don't take a position here
Lab Assistant 1- Floor phlebotomist and processor (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 10, 2018
Managements goals and actions are not in line. Management doesn't investigate to the root of the postmortem before making changes which creates more problems.
culture
Member concierge specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2018
My typical day at work is a free stress environment, Great team support and collaboration. Trust and ability to be part of the team.
The most enjoyable part of the job that you love what you do and feel supported.
The hardest part of the job when you have been unsupported, misinterpreted and bullied.
My co-workers are my supporters and the highlight of my day.
Positive reveiw
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 1, 2018
Excellent company to work for! Defiantly a place where you can grow and move up latter. HR has open doors. They will try to help you out if there is an issue. Fast resolving and getting back to you.
Pros
healthcare, coverage, growth opportunity
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tarpos Springs, FlSeptember 26, 2018
Blessed to be able to go back to work after an extended time off. Family fun atmosphere. Great support within the department. New managers were great to work with.
Pros
great hospital
Your peers are your bread and butter. They are so comforting and helpful
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fletcher, NCSeptember 26, 2018
I have spent a multitude of years here. I have seen good doctors and nurses leave because safety issues were not addressed. This place is not safe to work especially in a critical care unit. There are impaired employees that are allowed to care for patients. After complaint after complaint it is clear they are more concerned about lawsuits than the life of the patient. Attention was brought to management and the problem still continues. We can’t blame the director because they have initiated complaints to corporate and corporates response is let persons resign. Our next step is Federal and state involvement. Because we are done being dumped on.
Pros
The staff you work with is your only support
Cons
The staff you work with is your ONLY SUPPORT
Never made it through the door
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Ticked because I fell in love with this facilty only to be treated like trash by HR. Unless you have the patients of mother Theresa don't apply or you know someone already working there. Especially to med surg.
The patients are challenging, job is mission-driven and fulfilling.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CASeptember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at the clinic. There were management upheavals more frequently than expected. The EHR is not great and IT support is minimal.
There is not great camaraderie between physicians and mid-levels.
Encouraged daily
Medical Records Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLSeptember 21, 2018
It was a good experience and I experienced 2 promotions in my career there. I had also been given many chances to meet people in different departments and able to encourage them, I also had very good repore with my immediate supervisor and left there on good terms.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
occasional weekends
Lack of diversity and business know how
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2018
FH is transitioning into a large corporate mega firm. In the smaller markets they do not have managers with the right skills to manage the growth or lead the functions. And there is a lack of diversity- they are not inclusive, they hire look and think alikes.
Pros
Building a large brand
Cons
Management, non-inclusive culture, low pay, lack of pay increases
Medical Record Technician
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Working in the hospital scenario it was a good experience for my grow but the hours was a conflict because they don't enough personal in the department.
Can be good at time
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Was good at first, Like your typical hospital environment all the good people leave. I had a lot of pride in saying charge nurses especially on a pcu unit did not take a load of patients and they ended up doing that. Not safe or practical.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Always provided updated working tools
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Daily commitment to service system users
Learned new computer applications
Strong management
Workplace was cordial
The hardest was location. I had to travel far to get there
The most enjoyable were the staff meetings.
Pros
Always had latest equpment to work with
Cons
Location was far
always working on making workplace better
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLSeptember 14, 2018
My days are never dull. I work with all the volunteers and the stories of their life and jobs are amazing. I still learn so much from them. Everybody has a story that come into our hospital. Always leave them with a smile
Pros
Modified Holidays they make non clinical personnel take
Cons
Amazing Boss
friendly place to work
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be full of hellos and smiling faces from coworkers and other staff. I learned a lot about the medical field and insurance. The management was okay, but unable to properly solve any workplace problems. The workplace culture could be lazy at times, but work was always finished on time. The hardest part of the job was working with angry patients, and the most enjoyable was the very friendly environment throughout the hospital.
Pros
cafeteria and gift shop discount, good benefits
Cons
weak management
Excellent Family Based Organization
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FL 33872September 12, 2018
always a great feeling working for a Organization that's teaches you all the tools you'll need to know for their company plus through out your life as a CNA I loved every moment of the two years I was their..
A hospital is a great place to work
Plumber/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Porter Hospital. You get to work with and around a very diverse group of people. I only moved on because of a fantastic opportunity to further my career.
Pros
Loved all of the challenges a health care campus provides
Cons
Being a facility that is open 24/7 365, time constraints are the only thing that were hard to work around at times
Hospital Coding and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance was a priority for Adventist Health systems. Extremely family oriented. The Culture was family like and the care of associates was always a priority.
Pros
Great work Culture
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight