Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Solid place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2018
Florida Hospital, now Adventist, is a hospital making big strides in becoming the top hospital in Florida. They are growing at an exponential pace and have purchased lots of property in the last, few years. They want to be better than average but unfortunately their pay scale is a bit antiquated. For people working in positions concerning Inventory, Food Service, Environmental Services and Facilities Management, the compensation forces some to work second jobs. It's a shame because the hospital has a great atmosphere and good people that just want a little more in the paycheck. Maybe that will change in the future but that is not the case at the moment.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
Short lunches, low pay.
Horrible Place
Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Headquarters, Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 8, 2018
AHS has elevated cronyism to an art form. Advancement is based on whom you know and their politics. Don't play? You are out, but they "pray" for you. Leadership does not walk the talk: Following Hurricane Irma, the hourly worker was told to use vacation time, but they go to 5-Diamond resorts. They give Christianity a bad name. Lots of silent, unhappy people. Doctors and nurses save the organization, for now.
Pros
Few. I learned as much as I could and left
Cons
Poor and costly medical benefits, if you are hourly. Cronyism. Very bad management
friendly place to work
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CASeptember 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be full of hellos and smiling faces from coworkers and other staff. I learned a lot about the medical field and insurance. The management was okay, but unable to properly solve any workplace problems. The workplace culture could be lazy at times, but work was always finished on time. The hardest part of the job was working with angry patients, and the most enjoyable was the very friendly environment throughout the hospital.
Pros
cafeteria and gift shop discount, good benefits
Cons
weak management
Good place to work overall.
SERVICE DESK QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 23, 2018
Overall benefits are outstanding and the team members are great to work with. The leads are also equally as great to work with. However management (intentionally or not) have the tendency to make the team feel like they are just someone filling a seat from time to time.They seem to be very metric based and do a great job meeting with the team members to go over their metrics, but do not necessarily have a way of assisting team members on how to improve in areas where improvement is needed. While the leads do a great job providing the user with tips on how they can improve, an improvement plan where side by side coaching of the team member while they take calls would be beneficial.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Management could be improved upon
Great Vision and Mission
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
The value, mission and vision are great. The hospitals have a lot of community involvement.
Overall, the benefits and compensation are good and I would recommend working for Adventist.
Pros
Christ based organization
Cons
They are many divisions within Florida, these comments are only intended for one market: Physician offices not staffed appropriately, senior management does not make an appearance in the offices unless it is something critical, senior management only listens to their own direct reports and does not investigate concerns.
Volunteer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FL 32763September 10, 2018
Great Place to work. I loved my job and worked many many hours I have no regrets. The management was great at the time.
The working place is very clean and the environment is pleasant. I learned every day more and more increasing my knowledge in business. I truly enjoyed my job and the people as a gift shop buyer/manager.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Long Hours
Many quality hospitals local don’t waste your time, energy or effort, they are about profits nothing else
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 6, 2018
I guess if fresh out of school and you really need a job it is worth the stress and management having no respect for techs, management with no medical background, leads with no registries in the field they get hired for a lead position. Change religions, get some good lipstick for the butt kissing and you might move up in the company. Sad you have to be a seven day Adventist to move up, never heard of any other company like that. Lowest paid hospital in the Orlando area with worst benefits. Ever wonder why they are always hiring, wouldn’t be an issue if people loved the working there.

This company is about profits nothing else, I am telling you this from a every point of view, a tech, a son of a patient, a parent of a patient, a husband of a patient, and friends of patients.
Pros
New ER clean, some friendly co workers that love helping people
Cons
No respect for employees, drs ordering worthless exams because they know they make the company lots of money, leads are uneducated or not even trained in that field
Terrible place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2018
Worst experience of my career! Lot of talk about mission but lots of dishonest behavior behind the scenes. Also if you want to be promoted you better be white. Just take a look at the C suite!
Pros
Cons
Low Salary, Politics, Dishonesty
Stressful and short staffed
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
The hospital works you to death and is extremely short staffed. Management is pretty good. They do the best they can to help the department. Compensation is good. Overall though, Adventist health systems lacks a good work/life balance and I would not recommend this company if your family is a priority.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work/life balance
One of the best organizations I’ve ever worked for
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 7, 2018
Great place to work, Lots of perks and benefits, work life balance, very professional, team environment, opportunities for growth, learning and development training opportunities, wellness program, company events for employees throughout the year, great mission And value as well as very spiritual which makes the environment more serene than other organizations
Great co-workers, bad company
Patient Care Tech and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 2, 2018
They don't give raises, and when they do, it's not even the cost of living, terrible. Management awful, my co-workers were amazing though, love them!
Pros
my co-workers!
Cons
pay, management, feeling unappreciated
stisfaction
RN Team Leader/Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLAugust 15, 2018
pay was good and so was bonus but was treated poorly. Need to listen more to your nurses. CNA's also treated poorly. Assistant Director had no experience in the field on the unit she worked. Was hired because she was a friend. Very unfair
Pros
salary
Cons
little to no time for breaks to busy all the time not enough staff
An amazing company to work for!
Phlebotomist/Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 27, 2018
Such an amazing company to work for! I learn something new every day. My preceptors always take the time and make the effort to train me in the right way and always listen to my concerns.
Pros
Amazing company moral, benefits and oppourtunity for adavacement.
Cons
N.A., I have no current issues with the company.
Management did not stick up for employees the hospital is only for money they don't care about employees or patients I would not recommend working th
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 13, 2018
Management sucks hospital only cares for themselves and money they don't care for employees or patients I would not recommend working here CEO sucks and all upper management
Pros
Cons
Bad management no raises. Only care for themselves and nobody else
Anonymous
Contracts Buyer (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 11, 2018
Good company w/great benefits, 7th day Adventist culture w/strict dress code, expected to work more than 40 hrs per week as salaried employee, and frequent black-out dates for time off.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
FHNS is horrible
Patient Access Registrar/Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  New Smyrna Beach, FLJune 20, 2018
BFMC was not too good, but they were a family, here at FHNS, all they care about is money and the patients are just numbers!! I got into the Health care field to help and care about others, this place...
Cons
Sucky benefits, terrible pay, bad management, dirty work conditions
Best working conditions I've ever had.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 26, 2018
From the time I punched in to the time I punched out was constantly in overdrive mode. Very busy with a lot of responsibilities that I took on to promote a smoother and efficient department. I've learned so much experience weekly and always applied them instantly. It was a position where duties and procedures were constantly changing. I became friends with everyone and sadly I miss working with them. My supervisors were always approachable and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the fact that about sixty percent of us were laid off because of out sourcing. I guess the most enjoyable part was that we worked as a great team and had some good laughs in spite of the pressure.
Pros
Good managers, competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Threat of out sourcing and layoffs.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
Great potential for growth at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center in Daytona Beach, Florida. This hospital has various learning potentials and competitive salary/benefits.
Stressful and lack of togetherness
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2018
Company ideas are good in theory but poor in execution. Management is more about devide and concore instead of building a inclusive team. Hear say is used against employees when convenient to work towards thei agenda of getting rid of a position. No transparency or respect given. Glad I left
Benefits
My Review
Senior Analyst for Train & Dev (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 18, 2018
Adventist has not moved me forward in my specialties. I need more movement in my employment.I have been with AHS 15 years. I want to expand my knowledge and do new things and learn new software. The workplace culture is somewhat nurturing. They set their project timelines too short. The analysts have to spend many weeks at a new facility to upgrade the hospital . I like some stress and a fast paced work place..
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Project time lines are not long enoughh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss