Adventist Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyed my time there
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 19, 2018
I worked there for almost three years. It was a great job with amazing benifits for just working part time. Had there been an Adventist health system where I moved to I would have transferred because they have great values.
Patient Registration
ER Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 18, 2018
Working in the ER was very high paced, you had to have good time management skills and be respectful of your co workers and others around you. The hardest part of the job was seeing the struggle of individuals at their time of need, but being their to comfort and reassure them that is was going to workout and be okay was rewarding.
I was my first nursing position. They have a great graduate nurse program.
ED and Oncology Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Adventist. it was a great position. Management and the charge nurses were so helpful, considering I was a new nurse. I did my practicum there.
Pros
Friend y company, The management was great, as well as the charge nurses
Cons
No breaks at times, patient care load was difficult at times, the patient to nurse ratio to was 8 to 1 at times, without a NA
Staff RN
Registered Nurse - Bone & Joint Center (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 17, 2018
The people and environment here on the Ortho unit was very comfortable. I enjoyed my coworkers and the atmosphere in which I worked. Adventist is a great employer
Excellent Organization
Senior Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 17, 2018
I have worked for AHS for 9 years and have loved the company! My current leadership is lacking the company mission - extending the healing ministry of Christ. Instead they have focused on numbers only. This is only one team of many however so I would never say that the company itself was lacking. I have learned and grown in ways in which I will always be grateful.
Productive and fun atmosphere with compassion for one another.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2018
Loved the Atmosphere as we were like family. We worked flexible schedule and it worked out for you if you were in school and an at home care giver. Great place to work
Pros
Team work
Cons
Staff
Would not recommend
former employee (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 15, 2018
vision lost within departments and the CEO vision not followed, learned there is a great IT department, Leadership is really bad and not willing to allow employees to be a voice, culture can be great if management also followed and supports it. hardest part of the job is having no leadership support and no one in leadership to inspire. the faith based culture is the best
Pros
spiritual ambassadors
Cons
senior management, Hr
Large company with great culture and work/life balance.
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
Large company with great culture and work/life balance. Adventist Health System is technology focused and constantly looking for way to improve the healthcare journey. They promote from within and allow room to grow and advance your career.
Pros
Work/life balance, career advancement
Cons
Leadership
Na
IT Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 11, 2018
The work environment was a great atmosphere. Some of the expectations in the help desk, since our “customers” were fellow employees, the other employees should be help accountable for how they treat help desk employees. No matter their title. The whole point is treating each other with respect. There should also be a fair way to acknowledge performance for ALL employees not just those who work regular business hours. There are a lot of amazing employees that work crazy hours that are not being acknowledged as they should.
Good place to work, Policy oriented, Christian environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 11, 2018
One of the largest employers in Lake county. Friendly employees that work together as a team. Management is knowledgeable when you have a question or need help.
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 10, 2018
Great potential for growth at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center in Daytona Beach, Florida. This hospital has various learning potentials and competitive salary/benefits.
Stressful and short staffed
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
The hospital works you to death and is extremely short staffed. Management is pretty good. They do the best they can to help the department. Compensation is good. Overall though, Adventist health systems lacks a good work/life balance and I would not recommend this company if your family is a priority.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work/life balance
Unit Clerk, Patient Care, Sitter (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 8, 2018
Great place to work, the hardest part was always being understaffed. The greatest part was taking care of the patients, even though it was very physically demanding.
Work Life
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 5, 2018
A typical day at work included washing dishes and putting them away and helping the cooks. There really wasn't any hard part about the job. The manger was real easy to get along with.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 3, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with Adventist Health system. Co-workers and manager made it great. Clean and safe environment. Wish there were more room for advancement.
Cons
limited advancement
a typical day at work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 2, 2018
I call Insurance companies to work on denial claims and everything I can do to get a denied claim paid from mailing medical records to sending appeals
Great Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJune 29, 2018
I always loved the atmosphere of working in healthcare.
This was the first hospital I worked in and I loved it here!
I worked night shifts and had the best team to help me and they were a blast.

made a wonderful group of friends I kept even when I left.
Pros
pay, flexible hours, friendly staff
Positive Internship Experience
Accounting/Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2018
When on a constructive project or shadowing an executive, this was a very positive experience. However, most of the internship did not very much require the hard skills I expected to use.

Great people though, I got a lot of quality social skill building time.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Internship Program doesn't make sure you actually learn hard skills
Work, Work, Work and don't get sick
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2018
As a whole the company is a great company and they have many things to offer their patient's however as an employee there needs to be major improvements in order to provide a true life work balance which is a huge desire in our culture today.
Great people to work with
Ward Clerk/SRNA (Current Employee) –  Manchester, KYJune 23, 2018
Great place to work, friendly environment, Christ centered environment as well, extremely focused on patient care and very resourceful to help patients in any way possible.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Higher pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight