Adventist Health Employee Reviews

possitive and great people
NICU CNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CONovember 12, 2018
Great management and wonder people to work with. The whole hospital is friendly and welcoming to new employees. The staff works very well together. I always looked forward to going to work.
You can get fired as soon as your hired
IT Support Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 31, 2018
I got hired as an IT help desk analyst with zero IT experience. A week into training they put us on the phones and set the same standards as they do the seasoned employees. I had no clue what I was doing or what I should have been looking for or questions to ask the callers to create or resolve tickets. Bottom line, my handle time wasn’t five minutes or less per call and I was let go three weeks after my start date.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Get it or your gone, no one works with you
Good place to work.
Medical Assistant 3 (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 31, 2018
This was a good place to work there were a lot of good benefits. Flexibility is so good for any one that need to make accommodation whether for family or school attendance. Benefits good with easy accessible explanation to questions one may have.
Pros
Acknowledge lunches and appreciation dinner for contributed to the company.
Cons
Not enough facility accommodation at some sites.
Wonderful copany
Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 30, 2018
I loved my time at Adventist Healthcare. I have mostly fond memories. Great team to work with but career advancement was limited in my particular situation.
Very Organized
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAOctober 30, 2018
This company, Private Duty Care, was very structured, consistent and had/maintained high standards of care for ALL their clients. There was great team work in making sure the client's needs were met, even if someone called in sick, someone else would help cover. Family always came first with this company at this location. Leadership was fantastic and willing to provide any necessary and/or requested additional training. This organization is sadly missed in this area since their closure.
sweat shop with a Christian coated vanier
Healthdata Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 28, 2018
I will approach this with an objective short message.
Unless you are a lifetime member of the Seventh-Day Adventist I would not expect any promotions above floor level supervisor. They definitely promote from within. Fact.

Pay and benefits are moderately good, but you better make sure you punch in on time and out for each break on time and going to and form lunch on time. I mean within 30 - 60 seconds of coming back.
Upper Management buffers themselves with lower management with dishonest statute breaking decisions and literally will be dishonest through their HR representatives. Fact. Working conditions: below fair, technology deprecated; social norms: odd and clickish; tech security: alarmingly weak. Indeed doesn't have a negative sstar. else, I would post one.
Pros
salary
Cons
miles of red tape, 300 bosses to report to, no flexibility in work, your input is not important, please be quiet and sit in your chair
Great working experience.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAOctober 27, 2018
- Great management.
-Alot of learning from my co-workers.
-The time i worked for adventist we always had meetings were we would have the oportunity of sharing our thoughts to make our job better in every way possible.
Enjoyed working with great people that treated me like family.
Pros
alot of learning
Cons
schedule
Clinical Nurse - Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 25, 2018
Great place to work, left to take care of family. Otherwise, I had no problems with the organization. The nurse/patient ratio could be better, but that is the case in most hospitals.
Pros
Team work
Cons
no breaks because of no "real" patient coverage while trying to take a break
average but they have issues
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILOctober 24, 2018
Pay is competitive but the administration dictates more than they listen to the staff. Its OK to work there but not the best environment. Healthcare in general has changed.
The ugly truth.
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 23, 2018
There is a conflict of interest in California where these corporations are allowed to manage their disability and workman's comp. insurance.
Don't get sick or have an injury because they will make you pay dearly for anything you get.
The ugly truth is that you pay into these programs and accumulate sick pay but they keep it at all costs. So it looks like benefits are great but really they are getting you to work for 15% less than par.
The employees provide Gods love to the patients. The Adventist corporation is just a bunch of money grubbing bean counters squeezing every nickle out of every process delivered to their employees and patients while hiding behind the cross of the lord Jesus.
Pros
Good staff to work with generally depending how long they stay.
Cons
Endless turn over in management chain with little regard for employs.
Ed rn
ED Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 23, 2018
Amazing team to work with. ED has flow down to a science, shortest waiting times in the portland area. Every patient is seen by a provider immediately on enterring the building and most patients are evaluated and treated without ever needing a bed.
stressfull
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAOctober 19, 2018
They treat their MA's better than their LVN's pay wise. They want to pay the LVN what they pay the MA's.Some MA's get paid more than the LVN's. The LVN's that work in the clinic or Hospital are the lowest paid in the area and they don't care.
Pros
shifts
Cons
low pay !!
No work-life balance
Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 14, 2018
Company-wide nepotism. Management is not qualified and lacks vision and direction. Most are over worked and others have almost nothing to do. Work-life balance is not good. The PTO/holiday/sick accrual is all in one bucket which means hardly no vacation time. There are 7 FORCED Flex days each year. it is very difficult to take 5 days off in a row.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very little vacation time
culture is not geared toward interdepartmental relations.
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 12, 2018
The insurance makes up for its defaults. Some of the people a great to work with, but that's how it is everywhere. The departments are always short staffed and it seems hard to keep people, so we are always trying to do more with less..
Don't Even Think About Working Here
Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 11, 2018
Almost in a category by themselves as a bad place to work. Most of the good IT people have left. The ones that haven't left, can't because they have a mortgage or other pressing financial need.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Too numerous to list
good place to work
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 10, 2018
good place to work. the people there are good. the cafeteria is good. the pay is good. the uniforms are good. the management is good. the commute is good.
Great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentOctober 9, 2018
This was a great place to work. Quality staff and management. Enjoyed the camaraderie with other staff members. Management always available if assistance needed.
Pros
Good benefits.
Productive and respectful place to work.
Clinical Liaison for Acute Rehabilitation. (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 7, 2018
Good interaction with team members.
Good communication among team members and supervisors.
Good support for work from supervisors.
Enjoyable atmosphere at meetings.
Pros
Respectful
Cons
Long work hrs.
I really enjoyed working there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAOctober 4, 2018
No longer working there due to one of the managers who did not like me and always tried to encriminate me. But overall it was a good company to me it was like a family working there for 12 years
People that you work with are knowledgeable and awesome to be around
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80210October 1, 2018
The work place environment is great! You learn quite a bit from the doctors and nurses everyday. Everyone that works there are always willing to help. You have to deal with almost every issue that arises at the hospital but that is part of being a security guard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health. Our community is ready to answer.