Adventist Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very fun Place to work
ECG/ETT Technician (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 20, 2018
Loved working here they took care of their employees and cared for their patients. The Human Resource department was also on campus and you could just drop in when you had a spare minute.
Adventist Health
Practice Manager, LVN (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CAJuly 17, 2018
The company trains and offer flexible hours. It also offers tuition reimbursement. The company has many off site offices that increase the opportunity for advancement
Pleasant work environment
Surgical Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
I worked the grave yard shift. So I was alone in my department. . It was very hard to keep awake during those hours, even there was work to do. Very quiet. . Otherwise no problems.
Pros
Free soup and salad for the night crew
Cons
Short staff
A good place to work
Case Manager Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 11, 2018
HThis is a faith-based company that is patient driven. Although the company strives to be the best healthcare organization, lack of staff make it difficult to meet this goal.
Great place to work...great people and a great service provided.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 10, 2018
Littleton Adventist Hospital is a place that cares about their employees as much as they care about their patients. Money is never a priority but taking care of its employees a, patients, and visitors are paramount. Would definitely refer friends and neighbors to Littleton Adventist Hospital for medical care and employment.
Pros
benefits, pay, and caring for the sick.
Cons
I can't think of any.
A Good Place to Work
I.T. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 9, 2018
Corporate HQ in Roseville for a 20-hospital, 300+ clinic health system, with 25K employees.

In Roseville, large quantity of I.T. professionals, both employees and contractors/associates of vendors. I.T. leadership has been decent but inconsistent for 3+ years; yet quality has been maintained for both operations and projects, due to dedicated staff.

Most of I.T. leadership attempts to engage with I.T. staff, but only puts up a front for actually taking input from staff into strategies and tactics. Some purging of ineffective IT leadership is needed. But that is indicative of similar issues across the company (not just in I.T.)
Pros
Spiritual Freedoms; prayers daily for meetings, peer-level teamwork and support, efforts for employee recognition and rewards programs, multiple employee celebrations
Cons
Legacy AH leadership untrained for managing a $5B system, minimal accountability for ineffective leadership
Family enviorment
Labor and Deliver, post-partum (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 7, 2018
I've worked for Adventist for 9 years overall with a 2 year break looking for "greener pastures". I never found them. Adventist has the family type enviorment that I love. The doctors respect and appreciate the nurses and I feel like we work together as a team. The benefits are better than they use to be but unfortunately they don't offer any type of health insurance for per-diem/on-call statuses regardless of how many hours you work.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
lack of abailable benefits for per-diem workers
Very Stressful
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 4, 2018
OHSU is about to take over Adventist Medical Center. Very Stressful work place at this time.
OHSU needs to step in ASAP, before things get totally out of hand!
Pros
Cons
everything
A Nice Place
PRN PHysical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma Park and Rockville, MDJuly 3, 2018
As a PRN Therapist, I enjoyed working there. The management and full-time staff were friendly, kind and supportive. I do not recall have any complaints.
Pros
Bonus pay when I was employed there
Cons
None that I could recall
fast paced fun job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonJune 29, 2018
I learned alot on this job, I had to be trained by the pharmacy Pay Less, to administrate medications, I have received my food handlers card, I have learned how to communicate , I have learned patience, and I would encourage our patients to do things for them selves, motivate myself, . the best part of the job was the people knowing I was makeing a diffrence
Pros
making people smile and giving them hope everyday
Cons
experiance loss everyday .
Intensive Care transitioning to level II trauma center
Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 25, 2018
Working for all of the Adventist Hospitals has been an honor and an excellent experience. The mission is the life of the company and I felt privileged to work with the talented staff and physicians. I left because my child fell ill and I had to be home with him. If you are lucky enough to be offered a position at an Adventist Hospital, accept it with gratefulness, work hard and let the healing come through.
Pros
Super smart physicians and staff, lovely gracious people, purpose
It's a very productive place to work and you feel like you're making a difference with the patients.
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 24, 2018
A typical day at work is helping patients to receive the care that they need. Since working in my department I have learned so much about breast cancer. The management is always encouraging us to learn more so we can help our patients more. We are a christian-based organization so we are able to pray with our patients which brings them comfort. One of the hardest parts of the job is finding out that a patient has breast cancer and having to see the look on their face and all the questions that they have. I really enjoy this department because I know that I make a difference we are there for our patients from beginning to end no matter the situation.
Fine
Physician Assistant - Family Practice (Current Employee) –  Coalinga, CAJune 22, 2018
Fine place to work. Autonomy allowed in Rural health. Typical day at work is 20-30 patients with limited administration, allowed to focus on patient care.
Great Work Place
Quest PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 21, 2018
Adventist Health is a great work environment and work force.
I will recommend this Company to anyone. Great people to work with and provide a great service.
Friendly Staff
CNA2 Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2018
I liked the people I worked with, including the management, but the compensation for caregivers is very low. It is hard to make a living on low wages.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Productive place to work. Co workers become like family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 20, 2018
At Adventist health it is a Christian hospital were you are allowed and encouraged to pray with patients and talk about Christ. Being Adventist myself it is nice to share my faith and hope with patients. You can truly show Gods love through your care and I believe irk makes a difference.
Great coworkers poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 19, 2018
Well wer do I begin?,I worked her for 5 years all great till we got a new manager... management was always poor here very racial place always over worked management has even said there’s the door if you don’t like it someone else will be thankful to be in your position. All management here is crooked there’s no winning with them either there way or the highway
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
was a very high pace for me
Lead Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 18, 2018
did all billing and follow up for north area Napa Valley and up. worked with provider relations on getting correct info. in sytems for billing, was part of the mock claims for the new system for 6 months, and then had to review each and every claim to make sure all was correct, had to work with IT to get correction info on claims, like NPI's CPT's ICD-10 ect.
Pros
kept me very busy
Cons
was not enough time in the day, and with the long comute time
Overall, a great place to work and learn from others
Patient Care Technician/CNA (Current Employee) –  MDJune 14, 2018
While the hours can seem long (12 hr shifts) and the break short (30 min per day), it is a great and usually positive place to work and learn in. Once nurses see you want to learn, they give you a chance to be more hands on. I really like working here.
not my cup of tea
Pediatric and Family Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 14, 2018
It was a great volunteering opportunity as a high school student interested in the medical field, but I now know that if I do go into the medical field, I will not work in the ER.