Adventist Health Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
RN on Medical/Surgical and Observation units (Current Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 22, 2018
excellent team environment, employees are being treated with high respect regardless of cultural differences, managers that care about their teammates, flexible schedule, opportunities for advancement in career or job description, help always available when needed.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, teamwork
Cons
short staffed from time to time
Suburban hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 20, 2018
5 patients per nurse. An incredible support system. Everyone is so kind, and so nice. Suburban hospital in Littleton Colorado. In-patient facility!!!
hostel enviorment
Lead Coordinator for education/ educator (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 17, 2018
intaking and educating patients,
I have learned to how to treat and understands patients.
Need to in prove
religious
no breaks
Helping and making a difference in people lives.
Pros
patient care
Cons
no breaks
Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Adventist healthcare is a great place to work. It is always a great feeling working for a Organization that's teaches you all the tools you'll need to know for their company plus through out your life.
Relaxing atmosphere. Great patient care.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  COSeptember 10, 2018
Strong team, great community feel. Managers are usually good about working with employees but not a lot of professional development opportunities in some departments. Some of the managers don't have a lot of experience and don't take criticism well. If you're in you're in otherwise this may not be the system for you.
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
Some of midddle management are not held accountable when they should be.
I love Adventist
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 3, 2018
Adventist is a really good place to work I have nothing negative to say management and my coworkers are great. The better the environment the better it is to work on a daily basis
Good company to work for.
RN (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 28, 2018
Good company to work for, I get along with all of the staff. It is easy to get cross trained within the company and management is easy to talk to. My clients are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
PTO and pay is lacking.
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 24, 2018
Staff nurse working on a med surge telemetry and dialysis floor, taking care of patients with complex medical conditions. Work with other team members to maintain high quality care.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Longer shifts
Productive, fast paced
Dietary Aide/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 23, 2018
Enjoyed working there for the short amount of time. Staff & managers were great and was always there to help or answer any questions. The training was very helpful as well.
Excellent Emergency Room
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
A typical day, in the Emergency Department, at Adventist Health Orlando is stressful and challenging. However, I continue to learn each and every day. The management team comes from both new and veteran employees. The workplace culture is highly competitive but supportive. The hardest part of the job is losing patients to illness and injury. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a top tier group of medical professionals.
Saving lives is the best feeling in the world.
Pros
World class emergency department
Cons
Needs more staffing on Night Shift
Appreciated the flexibility of time as a member of the leadership team
Supervisor, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 20, 2018
A typical day was putting out fires. I learned to trust the relationships I had built with my team. Current leadership did not impose fair and equitable treatment of all staff. The workplace culture was do as I say, not as i do without regard to other leaders input. The hardest part of my job was the constantly not having positive support, encouragement or acknowledgement. The most enjoyable part of my job was the teams and staff i worked with.
Pros
Previous Leadership
Cons
Recent Leadership
Poor managment/ training
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2018
Training was inconsistent and management did not listen to training concerns. The person training me was unhelpful and using their personal cell phone in patient care areas as well as throughout the entire shift instead of working. The company itself seemed like a great company but the respiratory/pulmonary department was managed poorly.
Also, I was told by multiple employees that my car "might get broken into" while I was at work. You'd think security could get a handle on this.
Great work place
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 16, 2018
My manager is awesome . Very Suportive and encourages greatly. It's a great place to learn and grow. I enjoy the culture diversity. The team work is awesome.
Pros
Flexible 3 days schedule
Adventist Health
Data Entry and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 13, 2018
My typical day at work, I would arrive there around 5 a.m. I would open the office for the other coders. We worked independently most of the time. So the environment was pretty good. Enjoyed my co-workers. They hardest part of the job was not getting your job done in a timely manner ( when there is a quota you have to meet) because there are always phone meetings.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
management
Disliked it
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
Stressful day to day. Compensation not worth the amount of work you do. Management is awful. Liked most of my fellow employees. I am glad that I no longer work there.
Pros
As long as you have your services done with Adventist providers or facilities, services are usually covered with the insurance
Cons
Poor, poor, poor management. A definite fear of retaliation
Just bad
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
So much dram at AH rural clinic. No advancement and it's all about corporate numbers and getting people in and out. Would get over 100 calls a day with NO help and do the job of 3 people because there wasnt enough staff to help facilitate the office and patients. High turn over either staff and they pay nothing with a tiny "raise" yearly. Was promised advancement and a raise and recieved nothing. They are not competitive to other hospitals and clinics. Go to In - n - Out burger, they pay more. I was threaten by another employee and nothing was done. The only person done with this job, is me! Tired of being walked on and nothing done about it.
Cons
No breaks, no raises, hourly wage is a joke
Unprofessional
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
Work, no breaks if it's busy. Not even allowed to drink water at your desk. Being watched like a hawk waiting for you to make a mistake. Send you floating all over the county, sometimes even an hour away for the same lousy pay. Not worth it, Other health care systems around treat you better.
Pros
None i could think of
Cons
Bad management, favoritism, no room for advancement, too little pay for the amount of work they do.
n/a
Security Officer /Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 7, 2018
n/a, wouldn't recommend anyone i know or like to work for this place, totally, Discriminate against disabled, treat anyone on workers comp terrible, regardless of your history and how good of a employee you were, seem to me i was only a number
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Hr
Consistent with western medicine practices within hospital setting.
Charge Nurse, Cardiac Care (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 7, 2018
Centura is firmly committed to practices consistent with governing agencies (OSHA, ANCC, DORA,NIH, AHA, etc.). Also strives to improve statistics related to positive patient reviews.
The lab saw some drama, but for the most part things were good.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2018
Had a couple coworkers who continuously caused drama while I was working there, however it didn't tend to affect me much. The manager I had (who is no longer there) was phenomenal. Most of my coworkers were very hard working and good, wholesome people. The hospital staff overall is amazing, and they work together so well to save lives. I enjoyed working there very much, most days. Scheduling occasionally was hectic, but it tended to get sorted out fairly quickly.
Pros
Good cafeteria food, friendly staff, hardworking medical teams
Cons
Erratic scheduling that was subject to change at a moment's notice, some coworkers brought drama to the workplace where it doesn't belong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about