Adventist Health Employee Reviews

sweat shop with a Christian coated vanier
Healthdata Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 28, 2018
I will approach this with an objective short message.
Unless you are a lifetime member of the Seventh-Day Adventist I would not expect any promotions above floor level supervisor. They definitely promote from within. Fact.

Pay and benefits are moderately good, but you better make sure you punch in on time and out for each break on time and going to and form lunch on time. I mean within 30 - 60 seconds of coming back.
Upper Management buffers themselves with lower management with dishonest statute breaking decisions and literally will be dishonest through their HR representatives. Fact. Working conditions: below fair, technology deprecated; social norms: odd and clickish; tech security: alarmingly weak. Indeed doesn't have a negative sstar. else, I would post one.
Pros
salary
Cons
miles of red tape, 300 bosses to report to, no flexibility in work, your input is not important, please be quiet and sit in your chair
The ugly truth.
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 23, 2018
There is a conflict of interest in California where these corporations are allowed to manage their disability and workman's comp. insurance.
Don't get sick or have an injury because they will make you pay dearly for anything you get.
The ugly truth is that you pay into these programs and accumulate sick pay but they keep it at all costs. So it looks like benefits are great but really they are getting you to work for 15% less than par.
The employees provide Gods love to the patients. The Adventist corporation is just a bunch of money grubbing bean counters squeezing every nickle out of every process delivered to their employees and patients while hiding behind the cross of the lord Jesus.
Pros
Good staff to work with generally depending how long they stay.
Cons
Endless turn over in management chain with little regard for employs.
Busy work day everyday
Grounds Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CADecember 13, 2018
My typical day at work is to pressure wash and clean all Adventist Health outside buildings. When Im doing that I start doing gardening and landscaping. I have learned how to garden and landscape. Management is really strict so you have to constantly make sure you are performing at 100% everyday and no less. The workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of my job is working in the summer heat. The most enjoyable part of my job is the hours and schedule.
Pros
Paid time off and benefits are good
Cons
Staff is always short handed so it can create a stressful work enviroment
Just bad
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
So much dram at AH rural clinic. No advancement and it's all about corporate numbers and getting people in and out. Would get over 100 calls a day with NO help and do the job of 3 people because there wasnt enough staff to help facilitate the office and patients. High turn over either staff and they pay nothing with a tiny "raise" yearly. Was promised advancement and a raise and recieved nothing. They are not competitive to other hospitals and clinics. Go to In - n - Out burger, they pay more. I was threaten by another employee and nothing was done. The only person done with this job, is me! Tired of being walked on and nothing done about it.
Cons
No breaks, no raises, hourly wage is a joke
no comments
Environmental & Linen Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 19, 2019
I do my work and I enjoy what I do. The upper management does not see the core of the organization.A great culture but does not practice. The mission does not apply most of the time as it should be
Pros
most of the time do not have atime for lunch
Cons
benefits are good
Good place to work.
Medical Assistant 3 (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAOctober 31, 2018
This was a good place to work there were a lot of good benefits. Flexibility is so good for any one that need to make accommodation whether for family or school attendance. Benefits good with easy accessible explanation to questions one may have.
Pros
Acknowledge lunches and appreciation dinner for contributed to the company.
Cons
Not enough facility accommodation at some sites.
Adventist Health
Data Entry and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 13, 2018
My typical day at work, I would arrive there around 5 a.m. I would open the office for the other coders. We worked independently most of the time. So the environment was pretty good. Enjoyed my co-workers. They hardest part of the job was not getting your job done in a timely manner ( when there is a quota you have to meet) because there are always phone meetings.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
management
Spiritual Atmosphere Encouraged
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, CANovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed working here! It was a largely positive experience. The employee orientation was amazing!! The managers were involved but not over-bearing. Spiritual discussions were not forbidden, and were encouraged by the company.
Pros
Employee morale great benefits
Cons
low-pay
Great place to work, but not enough pay
Financial Compliance Representative (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to work, but not enough pay. Benefits are great but you receive 1.5% raise annually. Like a family, but management work for another company.
Disliked it
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
Stressful day to day. Compensation not worth the amount of work you do. Management is awful. Liked most of my fellow employees. I am glad that I no longer work there.
Pros
As long as you have your services done with Adventist providers or facilities, services are usually covered with the insurance
Cons
Poor, poor, poor management. A definite fear of retaliation
Family enviorment
Labor and Deliver, post-partum (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 7, 2018
I've worked for Adventist for 9 years overall with a 2 year break looking for "greener pastures". I never found them. Adventist has the family type enviorment that I love. The doctors respect and appreciate the nurses and I feel like we work together as a team. The benefits are better than they use to be but unfortunately they don't offer any type of health insurance for per-diem/on-call statuses regardless of how many hours you work.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Cons
lack of abailable benefits for per-diem workers
Great place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentOctober 9, 2018
This was a great place to work. Quality staff and management. Enjoyed the camaraderie with other staff members. Management always available if assistance needed.
Pros
Good benefits.
The 'B' team of hospitals
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 19, 2018
I don't recommend working here unless you are really desperate. Very incompetent HR dept. I feel the upper management would not maintain their positions in more affluent hospitals. Lots of management trying to 'fake it until they make it', don't really know what they are doing professionally. Incompetent directors and senior management. The general work force seems to be nice people. Medical benefits are expensive considering they are a health care provider. Pay is way below market value. Go somewhere else if you can. The executive management says all the right things about caring for employees, their actions are contradictory to their claims. Lots of self-promoting management trying to improve their mediocre hospital image.
Pros
cafeteria is good, nice people that don't seem too smart
Cons
lots of incompetent people, don't care about employees
Great place to work...great people and a great service provided.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 10, 2018
Littleton Adventist Hospital is a place that cares about their employees as much as they care about their patients. Money is never a priority but taking care of its employees a, patients, and visitors are paramount. Would definitely refer friends and neighbors to Littleton Adventist Hospital for medical care and employment.
Pros
benefits, pay, and caring for the sick.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Team Work PFS
Billing Follow Up (Current Employee) –  Reedley, CAApril 24, 2018
I work in the billing department billing claims and updating claims errors and also forward registration review and coder review for errors that we cannot fix, Run Eligibility on Insurance websites and print eligibility and attach it to the encounters images through scanner, Print Explanation of Benefits and attach them to paper claims for mailing, Work follow up queues, Work follow up spreadsheet for A/R, use the fax machine and printer and occasionally speak with patients to discuss encounter issues. I have learned everything with the help of my coworkers and Dept. Leads, This department was more like a big family to me, I enjoy working here.
Pros
Lunch Rewards, Birthday Clubs, Fun Dept
Cons
No paid vacation days
No work-life balance
Sr. Financial Analyst, Corporate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 14, 2018
Company-wide nepotism. Management is not qualified and lacks vision and direction. Most are over worked and others have almost nothing to do. Work-life balance is not good. The PTO/holiday/sick accrual is all in one bucket which means hardly no vacation time. There are 7 FORCED Flex days each year. it is very difficult to take 5 days off in a row.
Pros
close to home
Cons
very little vacation time
Very welcoming, fun place to work.
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CAMay 11, 2018
I really enjoy my job. I'm very blessed to have the opportunity to work with such wonderful co-workers. My manager is an amazing person and a great director of our clinic. I really love working with the patients that come in for therapy. The hardest part of my job is having to commute an hour to and from work. At the end of my day I feel like I've helped my patients work towards a better quality of life and to feel better.
Benefits
Cons
I don't have the hours that I prefer.
Difficult company to be an employee for
Volunteer Outpatient Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, CODecember 6, 2018
Centura Health (Parent company of Avista Adventist Hospital) is a very elitist group of hospitals that don't consider that some people have skills that were gained from volunteer work and they don't consider those volunteer hours as experience. I had volunteered for nearly 7 years in several different areas of the hospital and had great experience in those areas and Centura Health still wouldn't consider hiring me for certain employee positions that came about even though I had the experience from volunteer work. The management also doesn't consider the fact that if you can't get hired, how do you gain experience. They don't look at each applicant as an individual and look at their individual circumstances. They are too large of a company to have a private conversation with you as an interested job applicant.
Friendly Staff
CNA2 Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2018
I liked the people I worked with, including the management, but the compensation for caregivers is very low. It is hard to make a living on low wages.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Great culture and environment for working.
Physician Trainer and Go-live Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Adventist Health because of the great culture and environment for working. I was offered the opportunity to learn and grow despite the fact that I was a consultant.
Pros
The salary was great.
Cons
The project was too short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist Health. Our community is ready to answer.