Adventist HealthCare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun work enivorment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange Cove, CAJuly 9, 2018
Medical Receptionist where I enjoyed the responsibilities of checkin and Discharging patient into the system. Scheduling appointment and conduct reminder calls. scanning medical records and maintain patient confidential. I am Bilingual, dependable and well organized. I pride myself in being a hard worker and with the ability to work as a team player or independently. I have excellence customer

services and genuinely enjoy working with people.
Pros
execellent work enviorment
Cons
working with adventist health centers
Worked with exellent manager
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2018
Enjoyed job which had variety and purpose in keeping employee records up-to-date. Pleasant co-workers. Telecommuting provided focused work environment without outside interruption.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Changed to onsite
Could be a better place to work
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2018
Adventist would be a great company to work for it the company treated the employees better. They aren't competive with pay in non-RN roles. They also care more about numbers than they do about staff.
Good hospital
Business Office Assistant/Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 14, 2018
I did like working for Washington Adventist Hospital. It was, however a good environment, I had great
co-workers and the managers were not bad as well. The reason I had to leave because my hours did not work with my schedule and there were not enough hours for me at the time to pay my bills.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Pros and Cons
Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 30, 2018
In general a great company. The diabetes team struggles to being fully supported by leadership. Booking conference rooms for consultations and limited support from patient access with billing verification. I'm hopeful this could change in the future.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Support
had good experience
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 24, 2018
I start working in 2013 and in very short amount of time i had a very good team work and good relationship with all staff from receptionist to COE's
I was part of social community and helped my dept to participate in different engagements such as birthdays holidays and other yearly events
Mission Driven Organization
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 22, 2018
Mission Driven Organization, Fast pace environment, career opportunities within, must operate within the cultural standards of the organization, must be dedicated to patient experience.
Great place to wor BUT!!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 16, 2018
Overall This is a great place to work. I met a lot of very nice ppl working here some and still keep in touch with a few. But the EVS management staff is rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. It's a wonder no one has looked into their turn over in that department.
Pros
Can buy your meals with id badge
I enjoyed my time there.I was sad when they closed.
Administrative Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  821 Fieldcrest Road Cambridge.Md 21613April 8, 2018
I loved my job...Miss my coworkers..
Had speakers come in for church gatherings for our children.
We had the best nurses..Direct care tech.
Doctors, therapist..
Had a school in our facility. To help them with their learning.
Awesome teachers..Aides. Principle.
Activity dept.
Gym dept.
We were a locked down facility.
The best reward was knowing we helped the our children grow...Gave them.Support.
Sense of belonging.
Putting them on the right track to a better. Brighter future
Pros
Excellent cooks.lunch provided $ 3.00..holidays..special gatherings.
Cons
Understaff at times..
Good experience
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MD 20601April 3, 2018
Good place to work, treated pretty fairly. I didn't appreciate Adventist until I had left it and went to work other places as an LPN. I left because I wasn't able to receive a 40 hour work week and my rent was high.
Collaborative Place to Work
Patient Financial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 27, 2018
The culture at Adventist is very collaborative and inclusive. All levels of management come together which keep everyone in the loop. I feel supported and valued as an employee. There is always some type of training either online or in-house that will enhance skills at any level. Overall a great place to work with great people to work with.
Pros
Sr Management that cares about its employees, Opportunity for advancement, Opportunity to develop managerial skills.
Cons
A reflection of missed Mission and focus.
Theapisty (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 19, 2018
It is unfortunate to see the actual practice and poor communication and access to airing concerns directly in opposition to the stated Mission of this organization. Compassionate care is demonstrated in the professional-patient relationships, but not in the values and ethics [sorely lacking] demonstrated to professionals and other employees by Middle Level managment. Truly a poor witness for a "faith-based organization." AHC deserves our prayers - but also our disdain for hypocricy! Their reward will be full.
Pros
Allowed for effective treatment paradigms, integrative treatment.
Cons
No avenue for effective airing of concerns without resulting in retaliation, Poor or no professional clinical supervision as requested. Dissapointing and a shame, Bottom line driven, lost Mission focused care.
fun
Medical Assistant Internship (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAMarch 6, 2018
i like working as a student as a medical assistant i am still learning and i am loving it so far to work with people and learn everything step by step
Demanding work environment but great, hardworking colleagues and dedicated employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 6, 2018
Overall, I learned a whole lot and was able to experience and gain practical, hands-on knowledge about working with electronic medical records system which made life so much easier instead of working with traditional paper records and patient files. The hardest part of the job was juggling phone call volume while tending to patients coming in to check in and out before and after office visits and trying to meet their needs of while tending to questions and patient issues who were complaining about being on hold for too long.
Pros
Electronic Medical records system
Cons
Short lunch breaks and long, strenuous work hours.
Run! Far far away from their behavioral health outpatient clinic
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 1, 2018
Im a seasoned clinician who worked for Adventist Outpatient Behabioral Health. They are unethical, have poor management, paid me less then my original offer after I took the job, and my boss and medical director was one of the worst I have ever experienced. No direction, unreasonable expectations, and overly concerned with profits rather than patient care.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 8, 2018
Great place to work, we have a great work cultuer with great people. everone works togther for great patient care. We have great senior leadership.
Work ethics, Leadership and friendlyness. A very productive environment
Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 6, 2018
A productive working environment that promotes upward mobility. I enjoyed the experience and would like to return to Adventisit Health /care
Will recommend colleagues and family to work for Adventist Health Care
Pros
Discount items from gift shops
Cons
Distance from Home
Good Atmosphere
Full-Time RN (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAFebruary 5, 2018
All the nurses and CNA's worked well together. It was fun and safe environment to work in. It is very fast paced and can be stressful at times. Overall will work there again.
Nutrition Department / Kitchen
Cook (Former Employee) –  Shady Grove, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I was working in the Nutrition department, It is very stressful to work in this exact department, management doesn't have a clue what is happening and is always blaming and lying to there employees. Everyone is scared and there is no job security in this department for the time being there 4 people left and that's less than 1-year, and the managers and the director know what is happening and they are taking advantage and lying and covering their incompetence. Overall from what I know other departments of that company are way better managed and the job security is better. If you decide to work for that department please be very careful. Unfortionaly in that department there are a very few people that are professionals and care for the patients and for the company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management and job security
Worked from home
Cerner Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 29, 2018
A typical day at work began with a daily review of priorities with my manager. Management is highly effective and task driven. The work from home model did not work particularly well for me, as I definitely enjoy being around people and being part of a team. The hardest part about the job was working in a clinical Quality Measure role with an IT background.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight