Adventist HealthCare Employee Reviews

A place to work
Data Entry Professional (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 14, 2019
it was ok less stressful, no micromanaging. a relax environment. flexible work schedule. flexible sick leave and flexible family oriented. allows you to attend to family issues
Positive work environment
Triage Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDNovember 22, 2018
Positive work environment. Passionate and Employee focused. Great benefits and opportunity to grow within. Able to service patients in the comfort of their home.
Environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSNovember 20, 2018
Cut throat management. Uses religion as motto of care. However, there is a lot of underpinning of that motto in their treatment of employees. Currently hostile environment.
Pleasant job as an Inpatient Medical coder
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 14, 2018
Adventist is a very hands-on working environment with pleasant staff and pleasant working environment. Medical coders are taken seriously and given quiet working spaces.
patient care technician
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
typical day at work, as a Patient Care Technician it can be very busy on your feet for 12hrs per day 3 to 4 time per week and some day stressful, working with some patients is very interesting the stories they tell is what gets me. I learn how tobe patient with staff and customer (patient),and how to listen to every ones situation, while repecting the different cultures. The hardest part of the job is when you lost a patient especially if you they were talking to them each and every day. I love going in to work and being around people who live such interesting lives, and hearing all about it from them. I also lovebeing around my co-workers who helpsmeon a normal basis.
Pros
great food, very healthy meals available to every one.
Cons
pay is not great
Unique enironment
Business Relationship / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 11, 2018
it is a private organization that operates as an Adventist outreach. I found working with them both pleasing and challenging. It's not always clear how leadership acquired the skills for their position.
Fun and productive working place
Tele sitter Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 19, 2018
This company cares more about its employee. This is one of the best places I have never worked before. Working in this company gives me the privilege to succeed in my care. It's a wonderful place to work. Keep it up Adventist!
Adventist Healthcare
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 16, 2018
We have many new technologies to help us do our job the best way we can. Adventist Heathcare is committed to finding the right solutions to hardest problems.
Pros
Workday
Cons
N/a
Great place to work at
Philanthropy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Working for Adventist Healthcare was a great experience. I love the culture and mission of the Company. Compensation was fair and in general it is a good place to work in.
Pros
Great healthcare
Production and pleasant co-workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 3, 2018
My experience from working with AHC will take me a long way. I enjoy working there. They have a very rich culture that all employees abide by. Working here is one best decision I have made in my career.
Pros
Rich culture
Cons
Short breaks
Peers were very supportive
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Angels Camp, CAAugust 17, 2018
I had never done Home Health Nursing and was supported by my peers who were always willing to help and train me. The paperwork was very overwhelming and that is the reason I left.
Pros
Actually got to do nursing
Cons
Excessive paperwork
Productive and fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 1, 2018
As long as you do all your duties do your morning and night shift you should be fine. the manager was very understandable when it came to school work and other emergency events. The workplace everyone knew everyone and helped each pother out when they could.
fun work enivorment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange Cove, CAJuly 9, 2018
Medical Receptionist where I enjoyed the responsibilities of checkin and Discharging patient into the system. Scheduling appointment and conduct reminder calls. scanning medical records and maintain patient confidential. I am Bilingual, dependable and well organized. I pride myself in being a hard worker and with the ability to work as a team player or independently. I have excellence customer

services and genuinely enjoy working with people.
Pros
execellent work enviorment
Cons
working with adventist health centers
Worked with exellent manager
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2018
Enjoyed job which had variety and purpose in keeping employee records up-to-date. Pleasant co-workers. Telecommuting provided focused work environment without outside interruption.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Changed to onsite
Could be a better place to work
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2018
Adventist would be a great company to work for it the company treated the employees better. They aren't competive with pay in non-RN roles. They also care more about numbers than they do about staff.
Good hospital
Business Office Assistant/Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 14, 2018
I did like working for Washington Adventist Hospital. It was, however a good environment, I had great
co-workers and the managers were not bad as well. The reason I had to leave because my hours did not work with my schedule and there were not enough hours for me at the time to pay my bills.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Pros and Cons
Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 30, 2018
In general a great company. The diabetes team struggles to being fully supported by leadership. Booking conference rooms for consultations and limited support from patient access with billing verification. I'm hopeful this could change in the future.
Pros
I love my job
Cons
Support
had good experience
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 24, 2018
I start working in 2013 and in very short amount of time i had a very good team work and good relationship with all staff from receptionist to COE's
I was part of social community and helped my dept to participate in different engagements such as birthdays holidays and other yearly events
Mission Driven Organization
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 22, 2018
Mission Driven Organization, Fast pace environment, career opportunities within, must operate within the cultural standards of the organization, must be dedicated to patient experience.
Great place to wor BUT!!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 16, 2018
Overall This is a great place to work. I met a lot of very nice ppl working here some and still keep in touch with a few. But the EVS management staff is rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. It's a wonder no one has looked into their turn over in that department.
Pros
Can buy your meals with id badge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Adventist HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight