Adventist HealthCare Employee Reviews for Patient Care Technician

patient care technician
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
typical day at work, as a Patient Care Technician it can be very busy on your feet for 12hrs per day 3 to 4 time per week and some day stressful, working with some patients is very interesting the stories they tell is what gets me. I learn how tobe patient with staff and customer (patient),and how to listen to every ones situation, while repecting the different cultures. The hardest part of the job is when you lost a patient especially if you they were talking to them each and every day. I love going in to work and being around people who live such interesting lives, and hearing all about it from them. I also lovebeing around my co-workers who helpsmeon a normal basis.
Pros
great food, very healthy meals available to every one.
Cons
pay is not great
Fun and friendly working environment,
PCT (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDMay 5, 2017
I've enjoyed working with Adventist Health Care; my work schedule fit in perfectly with my personal life. It was a moderate to fast paced environment, which made working on the night shift to go by very fast.
Pros
Comfortable pay, you made your own schedule, they provided the uniforms
Cons
Not enough parking, employee discount could've been better
busy, fun, very educational
Patient Care Technician/ Unit Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDApril 23, 2016
Nursing and Doctors in my assigned unit all are great! The job requires staff to be on their feet the full 12hrs. If you like to keep busy this is definitely the job for you.
Great place to learn
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 14, 2016
Working at Adventist Health Care was great in order for me to learn. Once nurses saw that I wanted to learn, they made it a point to include me whenever possible and allow me to be a part of patient care.
Cons
salary
Most torturous job I've ever had
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 29, 2015
If your heart lies with your patients, this job will tear you apart on the inside. Between staffing and your colleagues, you may end up crying after work on a semi-regular basis. Management does not care how patients and staff are treated at all. It's obvious that The Board is their only focus.
Cons
Terrible management, terrible pay, terrible co-workers
Diversity
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDAugust 18, 2015
One thing i like about WAH is the diversity of the staff. you feel right at home because there are people you could relate to.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unpleasant assistant manager
Productive and enjoy working at a fast pace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 14, 2015
As a certified nursing assistant or patient care technician, working with patients who are unable to things for them self encourages me to do my job with extreme heart and best care. I have to give the best care regardless of what the situation is. With great co-workers, my day always goes on very well.
Pros
good reward and comments from patients
Cons
short breaks
Loved to work here
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 2, 2014
Focused on patients. Having to work with multideciplinary team. Individual(s) with dfferent background and family members which is always part of empoyment package. Enjoyable part is make a differece in live(s) and exposed to other job opportunities.
Pros
Exposed to job opportunities, Free flu shots, Some times inservice training lunch, Yurgot
Cons
Overloaded with work
joy having the same goal
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 13, 2014
It is wonderful working where race is not an issue because each worker feels fit in and have the same goal.
Last Monday was a the most pleasant day I ever experienced. During my rounding,one nurse's client was in respiratory distress, but at that point of time she was busy with another critical client who had nearly the same health issue. Being the PCT and new RN grad, I used my critical thinking by first raising the head of the bed for lung expansion and easy breathing, took a risk because of necessity to put him on 1L oxygen then notified my nurse and charge nurse. in less than five seconds all other nurses have taken over the primary nurse for the client safety and well being.
It is very important to work as a team because this scenario shows the attitude we should have at work having the same goal.
The charge nurse took the right step and all co-workers followed. I believed this is due to the spirit of collaboration, humbleness and dialogue she has cultivated with her subordinates.
Co-workers cooperation and participation were effective because of the spirit of togetherness, compassion and need to help that through faith an organization like SGAH has developed in each of us.
As I always say , if we could have more workers, experience nurses who are willing to train many new grad nurses, and make sure they are not left on their own until they feel comfortable and demonstrate safe care delivery, our clients will be well taken care off and on time.Therefore, it is an emergency to increase the nurses capacity in this organization.
Faith based, team
  more... work, respect of each other,the multicultural and freedom of speech spirit the organization demonstrates make me enjoy my job.  less