Advertising Checking Bureau Employee Reviews

Horrible bias place to work for.
All positions (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 16, 2018
This place was a joke, it base on who like you and who you know. Employee that been there for 10 or more years are envious of temp that come in and perform their jobs better than them. If you not in a breed or click, you are bully the whole time you there. Management see these things on a daily basis and ignore or some tends to join in on the bullying. Now I know why they have so many lawsuit against them. The supervisor are afraid of the employees, and allow profane and offensive slang words to be use in the workplace. I thank GOD for the removement of company.
Pros
Hostile environment
Cons
Poor management, bullying through company
Worst company I ever worked for
Co-op Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
With this company it’s all about who you know and whose butt you kiss! And if you don’t do that well you won’t work for them very long, if you are in Management anyway! They don’t stand by their employees at all and they “look” for ways to get rid of long time employees just because they upset someone by actually having a brain and using it instead of being a lemming and doing what the boss wants because she knows everything... only thing is she knows nothing about leadership or being a good leader to her team!
Pros
Not one!
Do not apply
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2018
This was my worst job ever. No training, poor managers, work environment was not positive. Do not work here seriously it is still my worst job ever and I have had several jobs since.
Pros
Cons
poor management, no training
Good place, but not for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2018
It used to be a good place to work at. They seem to mostly hire through temp agencies now and less through the door (lack of job security), you may stay under the temp contract for 12months+. A typical you-need-to-know-people kind of job. No room for improvement unless you have a family member who works there or you look a certain way. Holidays are paid, new non-exempt permanent employees get benefits (401K, health insurance, 10 vacation days, 5 sick days, 1 personal day, annual minimum raise). Laid-back job, but can get stressful. Employees are not appreciated, valued, and easily disposed of. Loved the job when I started, but now very disappointed with how it changed.
Pros
flexibility, paid holidays, laid-back
Cons
micromanagement, employee treatment
Last resort
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2018
Pay very low, benefits horrible, office horrible. 3rd party vendor so you are treated lousy. Absolutely NO employee morale. This is only a last resort job. Work a few months then leave the moment something better arrives. Please take this advice and run for the hills.
Pros
Cons
Discouraging work environment, terrible benefits and pay
Not a place for slackers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2018
ACB is a great place to work. So far the only issues I see are with slackers... the ones that talk all day, stay on social media, shopping online expecting others to do their work and taking more than 10min breaks. So if you haven't been promoted or had any sign of increase in your pay, it is because you are not meeting up to their standards.

I have to say I love working here. And the Supervisors will definitely work with your busy schedule. As long as you stay productive and do what you are supposed to, you won't be disappointed. And please don't play the race card. I am not white and I get treated just fine.
Pros
paid holidays, early paid closings the day bf holidays.
Cons
45min lunch breaks and dealing with slackers.
No Comment
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2018
Not for advancement, the pay is not up to par in general not a great place to work for longtime employees. A college degree means nothing to this company and they rather hire family members than qualified applicants or promote within the company.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
short breaks, MLK day not a paid holiday and the 125.00 yearly bonus.
Stressful
CSR/Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 30, 2018
A typical day at Advertising Checking Bureau is very stressful. I feel overwork and under paid for my daily work performance. I was hired as a claim processor but I have been doing Account specialist work for about 3 yrs at the same pay. On daily have I to maintain all duty of the Account Specialist, CSR and process claim. I work hands on with IT and Programming daily. I work on 4 accounts processing payment, answering emails, mail, claim processing.
Pros
I have a job.
Cons
Stressful
if your supervisor doesnt like you, you have a problem
Customer Service Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2018
It reminded me of high school the cool crowd and the not so cool crowd people are divided and the supervisor i had was very childish and petty and she does not like anybody that speaks up for them selves. overall the job is a laid back job but its management that make you not want to work there for long...HR was wonderful but my supervisor horrible!!!
For the moment type of job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2018
It's a decent entry level job if you want to enter the clerical work... laid back yet boring work! But steady pay checks so I didn't complain until something better came along (pay, location, and position) and I left ASAP. No room for advancements, no raises, hardly any overtime... which is needed to see a decent check but to each it's own.
Pros
Early dismissal before holidays, paid holidays, and schedule flexibility
Cons
No raises, no chance for advancement unless you're nonblack or have family members there

Want to know more about Advertising Checking Bureau?

Ask a question
After the first year there
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 5, 2017
After the first year there, they put a freeze on raises due to the recession. Cost of living increases yet you don't get the increase in pay that you are expecting after your first year. I gave my notice after the meeting disclosing this and moved to Georgia.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
no pay increase
Unless you are in between jobs and you have no choice, please run
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 8, 2017
This could be a great place to work for, but there's no room for growth. Most company promote from within, not this one.
Pay is very unfair. Some people work hard, others just wander around, nothing is being said or done by leadership on the lack of employee performance.
If you have a significant other or stay at home with family, perfect job for you.
People work 50 hours/week just to have a reasonable check
My days there are hopefully counted.
Pros
all holidays are paid, benefit package very fair, Monday-Friday 8a-4:15p with Saturday optional for OT
Cons
very poor leadership role, no room for advancement, pay and raise are very insignificant especially if you have loads of experience or education
Relaxed
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2017
The company has family oriented atmosphere but you will never advance within the company. Especially if you are black. Every supervisor is white and they wont ever consider hiring a black person for a managerial position. The GM's son works here and has already been promoted to a better job position.
Pros
Monday thru Friday job
Cons
Racism and Favoritism
typical
Auditor/Junior Marketing Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2017
if management doesn't like you they can make your job very hard
repetitive
no room for advancement
rarely give raises
relaxed environment
can wear jeans every day
Very relaxed atmosphere
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2017
The most enjoyable part was that did my job didn't have anyone looking over my shoulders all the the time also when I had to take care of the Latin magazines
Pros
Relax enviroment
job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2017
worked here through temp agency job is a cool job workplace kind of boring there are quotas to be met every day as long as you met them then you will be ok.
Average job
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2017
I really liked the job because it involved doing what I know to do and what I enjoy but the environment is not professional, because there are no clear definitions of roles and teams or a culture.
I learned and I enjoyed working there, but probably somebody else won't.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, 7.5 daily hours
Cons
Environment, equippment
Working with the co-workers was pleasant
CODING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2017
The job was easy to catch and do. Working with my co-workers were very good. But my supervisor was friends with one of the co-workers and when she would get mad at anyone the supervisor would pick on them.
Always and forever hiring
N/A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2016
This is laughable that this company is hiring every other week but they are over selective of the people they hire. They will turn good people down left and right only to hire people that wont even stay. They have "CERTAIN" picks so please be very aware.
Old technology, managers have no clue
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2016
If you love Access in versions from Access 97 to Access 2013, writing VBA coding (including hard coding), databases linked to other databases, and no standards, this is the place for you. Who runs a company off of Access? Everything is a convoluted mess, from data entry to programming. Love being micromanaged? Another big plus for you. Garbage in your database, another big plus. Pay and advancement? Non-existent. The only way you get promoted is if someone higher than you quits or dies. No documentation or training? Another big plus. About the only positive aspect of this place is the relaxed, casual dress code (blue jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes or flip-flops). All things considered, this is NOT the place you want to work.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Everything above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advertising Checking Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6