Advertising Specialty Institute Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
HR Contractor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 22, 2018
Great company to work for. Great working environment, benefits, and perks. Management is good. They have a 24/7 gym, cafe, Starbucks, frozen yogurt station, great parties, Diversity Committee events, Wellness programs, ASI University trainings, Fun Committee events, and more. If you are here you work hard and play hard.
Amazing Company
Employment Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2018
I am VERY sad to leave this company. We have a work hard, play hard type of attitude. Yes the work is fast paced and can change a lot. However, we work together and get it done. The company offers many perks like an on-site daycare, on-site gym, cafe, starbucks, frozen yogurt machine, laundry services, chair massages, and more. They have a Diversity Council and Fun Committee that put on fun events and community service opportunities for employees to take part in. They also offer a great training program called ASI University to educate new hires on the industry as well as additional classes as desired (ex: Excel, Management Training, How to create contracts, Emotional Intelligence, Recruiting/Hiring Practices, and more). You can tell the management team and the owners care about their employees, want to keep them engaged and tries to offer growth opportunities.
Pros
amenities, growth opportunities
Great Privately Owned Company
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 18, 2017
ASI is an excellent place to work if you are in Sales. I cant speak to other positions in the company but as a Sales Executive you have an excellent work/life balance with appropriate compensation.
Pros
Cafeteria in house, Holiday Parties, Great work/life balance
Cons
Not much flexibility to work from home
Absolutely zero room for advancement
Coordinator, Digital Advertising Operations (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PADecember 12, 2017
See summary. It's really all you have to know to stay away. The ones who call the shots are bullies and dinosaurs threatened by new technology and different perspectives. All favoritism and ego hires.
Overall not a bad place once you get used sub par Lower Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PANovember 11, 2017
Worked here for a few years and initially loved the family culture. Too much micromanagement from managers who are not qualified to manage. If you aren't management don't attempt to assist because you will only get thrown under the bus.
Pros
HR staff has open door policy.
Cons
That Open door means that everyone in the company knows your business.
Great people, casual environment, tons of perks
Director (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAOctober 9, 2017
There is always a lot of work, but I like to stay busy. Friendly people and a comfortable environment. Casual dress, starbucks, cafeteria, full gym, and clean/renovated building make it easy to get out of bed each morning. Hard work pays off. Many employees have been here for a very long time. The family owners are great- really appreciate all employees at all levels.
Pros
Great people, casual environment, tons of perks
Cons
Work from home options not available for all departments
A place for work experience and nothing more
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
This company is good for work experience depending on the field you are going into. The managers lack management skills and the culture is very poor. Many good employees have left due to lack of good leadership. If management likes you, you can go far in this company.
Pros
On site day care, cafeteria, parking and the train station
Cons
Management lacks management skills and only promote their friends
Great place to work with talented peers
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at ASI because I loved what I did and got along with the people I worked alongside. Everyone is very helpful and the chairman and CEO are present on a regular basis. Great company culture where employees are appreciated and cared about.
Not a bad place to work
Electronic Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAApril 21, 2017
Not a bad place to work, I just needed something with more pay and closer to home. I was unwilling to relocate. The mangers aren't great. Theres a good work life balance
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
pay
Friendly company
Tehnical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 29, 2017
I haven worked there in over 10 years but back then it was family owned and operated and a comfortable place to work. I only left for a better opportunity.
Great job with amazing people
Technical Product Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 2, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work!

A typical day would be to see what orders needed to be prioritized. I learned a ton of e-commerce and how it works.

The workplace culture is out of this world. There is a gym, a Starbucks, a cafe - and everyone is willing to help you learn. That is the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
great people to work with, wonderful atmosphere, and they treat their employees with respect
Goal Orianted
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 22, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work for most of my years there.
Everything changed when they started losing ground on their market share.
Given budgets that are hard to reach and new business is not distributed evenly.
Pros
Everything there on site for convenience
Cons
Your only as good as your last sale.
Assistant the made a big difference in the Sales department
Executive Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 19, 2016
Right hand person to EVP. Coordinated logistics for trade shows and road shows. Very fast paced environment in which I wore many hats on a daily basis. Completed expense reports for sales staff, supervised three administrative assistants. Assisted Board Members requests.
Pros
Fast paced environment
ASI is an amazing organization with alot of growth opportunity
Sr. Vice President of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 3, 2016
ASI perks

Starbucks onsite
Daycare onsite
24/7 gym onsite
full service cafe
competitive pay
great benefits
family friendly
Pros
Starbucks down the hall, daycare onsite and 24/7 gym very convenient
Cons
Can get very hectic. Need to be organized and driven. Its not for everyone.
A rapidly growing company that holds on to it's family roots
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAFebruary 2, 2016
ASI is an exciting place to work. They treat their employees very well. The last five years at ASI has molded me into the designer I am today.
Pros
The employees at ASI are dedicated and hard working.
We do have a ping pong table :)
Net Developer/Manager, Business Applications (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PAJanuary 29, 2016
The company has onsite gym and is encouraging the employees to attend free sessions. 100% casual dress code and no pressure.
Pros
very convenient location
Cons
Some people have their work stations in the basement.
Repiticious
Electronic Editor (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAJune 19, 2015
Working at Advertising Specialty Institute was repetitious. The hardest part of the job was getting a bonus and raise. Food was great!
Pros
Discounted lunches
Flexible work environment.
Web Specialist (Current Employee) –  remoteApril 8, 2015
Flexible work environment enables me to work remotely for most of the time. Co-workers are engaging and energetic. The managment is supportive of employee needs and career aspirations. Work itself is demanding but there are many perks.
Management is fair and consistent with employees
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAApril 6, 2015
The short time I spent working with ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) was undoubtebly enjoyable and a new learning opportunity. From the first to the very last day at ASI, I would come in to work at 9 a.m or 9:30 a.m. depending on what show we were working on that month. I would always greet my co-workers and sit at my desk to prepare myself and get organized for the work day. made approximately 50 calls a day with a few breaks and a lunch in between. If I needed help or had any questions, I was in good company and welcomed with open arms from all of my co-workers and upper management. Although I wasn't familiar with management outside the department I worked for, those who I spent time and became acquainted with, were some of the smartest, talented, and supportive group of people. This was my first time working as a Registration Specialist, and I learned a great deal about handling customers. The most challenging aspect of the job was trying to influence the customers to take advantage of their member benefits. For example, attending five trade-shows a year held in different states around the U.S. These shows are designed to increase revenue for their businesses by bringing together unique ad specialty items and services that helped differentiate themselves from their competition. Therefore, convincing them to leave their business and families was indeed a difficult task at hand. On the contrary, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting together and collaborating on ideas at each meeting that was held every other Friday. My co-workers and I, came together and created  more... various communication strategies to influence our customers in a forceful but well-reasoned and supportive manner. From my experience at ASI,I learned to take action with the end result in mind and to think "outside the box." I believe that by learning these essential life skills, it will allow me to improve in the workplace, and help foster success in order to achieve my goals. No matter the challenges I am faced with, I will somehow learn to overcome those obstacles.  less
Pros
Friendly environment, Great training, Close commute
Cons
Temporary, Healthcare
Bad People.
Member Services (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAMarch 4, 2015
Bad experience - no appreciation. Jealousy. Back stabbing. If one person dislikes you - then the entire place don't like you & will make your time there a living nightmare.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advertising Specialty Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Advertising Specialty Institute Reviews by Location