Advia Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great HR team, management struggles
Manager of Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MIAugust 9, 2018
Overall it is a great place to work. The management team struggled to find their way sometimes and it made progress difficult. The HR team is very caring and open to listening to its employees.
Teller
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot Township, MIAugust 6, 2018
It is a nice place to work, great culture and friendly coworkers. Compensation is fairly low and not many full time positions are offered. Overall a decent place to work.
Great Work Environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Comstock, MIJuly 10, 2018
This place is such a joy to work at. Advia is a fantastic company to work for, they care about their employee's, and member's! Being able to communicate with not only other employee's, but to the members is awesome. I've learned quite a lot about loans, CD's, different types of savings, and checking accounts, what each of them do, the certain benefits and what not as well. The hardest part of the job would dealing with certain situations where members aren't the easiest to deal with. Counting your box, and making sure you are following all of the certain regulations.
I love communicating with everyone I encounter!
Pros
Fast pace, easy-going
Great employer
Teller (Current Employee) –  Riverview, MIJuly 9, 2018
Advia is a great place to work. The young and fun atmosphere is wonderful. They care about their employees and the work life balance is spot on. It is very common for you to advance.
poor management with no room for advancement
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rockton, ILJuly 7, 2018
there was no room for advancement, especially if you were not in the MI region. The culture there is inconsistent between locations. They are goal driven and you are asked to perform duties outside of your position. if you object you are rejected.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MIMay 2, 2018
Great environment to work in. Great hours. Good pay. Lots of opportunity to advance within the company. Fast-paced but relaxed environment. I got along with almost everyone!
Overall, a fairly decent place to work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialMarch 22, 2018
Great people and challenging work. Rapid growth through mergers and fast paced. Change is rapid and reporting structure is changed almost yearly. Good place if you can get your foot in the door as there are plenty of opportunities.
Pros
benefits, pay
Awesome place to work very family oriented
Teller(present) (Current Employee) –  Parchment, MIJanuary 9, 2018
Work is very laid back but fast paced at the same time! I have learned how to cash checks and etc. Hardest part of the job is balancing your drawer. which isnt hard anyways
Good pay and benefits, management doesn't know what they're doing
Member Service Specialist/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Richland, MIJanuary 3, 2018
Good pay and benefits after 90 days, including a funded 401(k). Management is promoted purely based on nepotism, though, so chances are your supervisor will NOT be qualified for their job.
Really great customer base
Teller (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MINovember 30, 2017
I had training before I started, but this is something you mostly pick up by doing it. I honestly feel that it is a great employer. There are a few growing pains but they are working on it. They are also very on top of their employees needs and take action right away.
Pros
Customer base, No Sundays, hours between 8 to 6.
Cons
Wish I was full time, some caddy girls

Want to know more about Advia Credit Union?

Ask a question
Terrible
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 6, 2017
Team members treated you terribly. No appreciation for hard work. Very Clicky, not a place for someone who is motivated and there to actually work and not just be social.
Advia Credit Union PT Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 29, 2017
I was in a position that fit my lifestyle. I was a full time college student in need of a partime job with flexible hours. A lot of time things just are a perfect fit. I worked at the Comstock branch and was very pleased overall. Of course everyday wasn't sunshine and rainbows but overall it was a positive experience. You can truly make the best of what you have at Advia. They make the culture feel like home. There is not a high chance of burn out.
Pros
Flexible hours, No evening shifts
Cons
Advancements are low
Came full circle
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 19, 2017
Great Training allowed me to expand in the industry, always someone to go to for help if needed, great team to work for, I would recommend it to anyone.
Awesome Place to Challenge a Motivated Person
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 12, 2017
I personally love the positive dynamic environment of Advia! Most people here are motivated to succeed and look for ways to drive the Credit Union forward. The promotion opportunities here are amazing but not just given based on tenure. Advia cares about it's employees and it shows in not only their amazing benefits package but in the amount of time that is spent on coaching and providing feedback to each employee. Some of my favorite parts of the organization and my position are my ability to have significant impact on the organization, being able to self-manage my work-flow and day to day tasks, and being able to represent and see others represent the core values of: Acting with Integrity, Building and Strengthening Relationships, Keeping People at the Core and Driving Progress. I have had the ability in my tenure at Advia to work with and for several different incredible Managers and their knowledge, expertise and visions go unmatched to other organizations I have worked for.
Pros
Culture, Outstanding Benefits, Opportunities for Growth, Tuition Reimbursement, Bonus Potential, Paid Volunteer Hours, 401K Match, PTO Accrual
Cons
Not being able to open the windows for fresh air on beautiful days at my location.
Great place to work, but you have to want to work...
Support Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southwest MIJuly 10, 2017
Advia has been an awesome place to work for me. I am a self-driven individual who enjoys challenges and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. I have been here for over 6 years and have been able to advance within the company. I read many of the other reviews and do believe that people can feel negatively about the organization, IF-and I stress- IF they were expecting to just show up on time each day and not stretch themselves, then miraculously get promoted. That just simply will not be the case.
To find success in the organization, you will need to go above and beyond - every day, be honest with management about struggles you are having - so they can help, be open to change, continue to stay engaged - even when you are being coached on how to improve and take time to build relationships with people throughout the organization. Some people just aren't wired to want to put in the extra that it takes to advance and be successful. Honestly, I like to see an organization promote people who are rockstars, rather than just people who have been here the longest. This makes for a better organization overall in my opinion. My only "con" could be that if you are expecting to get "broke off" with pay, this would not be the place for you. However, if you understand the value of enjoying coming to work, having an impact with your work, and experiencing work-life balance as a part of TOTAL comp benefits, the pay is certainly competitive and nothing to sneeze at.
Pros
Culture, Monthly Fun Initiatives, Co-Workers, Tuition Reimbursement, Bonus Potential, Growing/Stable Organization - not closing tons of branches each year like many banks are.
Cons
Pay-if that is your sole driver.
Great place to work, but you have to want to work...
Support Team Member (Current Employee) –  Southwest MichiganJuly 5, 2017
Pros
Cons
Pay-if that is your sole driver.
Relaxed and Flexible Working Environment
Document Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 20, 2017
I was satisfied with my experience at Advia Credit Union as a document review specialist for their summer project. We were given flexible working spaces and benefits, and our management was helpful in working with us to solve problems. I cannot say much more than that considering I only worked at Advia for a month, but overall I enjoyed the experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and Repetitive
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 15, 2017
Advia is a a great company with great benefits, and they do look out for their employees for the most part. It definitely matters who your manager is. I went from part-time to full-time to another location and the manager i had before becoming full-time was way better.
Pros
Hr Lunch and paid time off
Cons
Had to always be upselling
Career banking available here
Teller (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJune 5, 2017
Advia was like a home and family to me. I worked at the Mattawan location and absolutely loved it. The management was a little difficult to work with most days, but it seems since I have left they have made strides to try to fix that. There are many branches, and departments, making this job into a career would not be difficult.
Pros
Long Lunches, flexible scheduling
Cons
None!
Retail
MSS (Current Employee) –  WIJune 1, 2017
I currently work here in the retail department as a banker. The people that work here are all very nice and hard working. But I was not informed on how much sales would be involved in this position!! It is a LOT! I also was not told how much training you have to do. OMG
A full time teller here is required to get 75 referrals each month. That is unrealistic. The bankers are required to sell loans and credit cards with insurance on both. The dollar amounts are monitored and you are EXPECTED to do it. It is insane.
Advia does not give you commission on your sales like many other financial institutes do.

I asked the recruiter and hiring manager about the goals here at Advia before I accepted the offer and they both lied to me about everything.

This is a great company with awesome benefits but I would not suggest working in retail unless you absolutely love SALES
Pros
People, members, pay, benefits
Cons
Sales goals
Official response from Advia Credit Union
July 6, 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our goal is to ensure new hires feel confident and equipped in the new position they are accepting. We do leave room for different perceptions and experiences that miss the mark. We would love for you to connect with the person that can help make changes in this area. Please be encouraged to reach out to the Manager of Recruiting to talk more about your experience in the efforts to make continuous improvements. Glad to hear your experience with your co-workers and compensation is going well. Thank you again for your review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advia Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.