Advics Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre HauteSeptember 20, 2018
Worked here for seven months as a temp before I quit right before they were going to ask me to be permanent. Management was ok, just stressful. I supplied inventory for two production lines and never sat down. Feet bleed and had blisters on blisters as was on the run most of my third shift.
Never knew if had to work overtime till 30 minutes before, and then didn't know if it was going to be for 30 minutes more or 3 hours more.
Ok
Machine operator for EPB (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHSeptember 2, 2018
It was a good experience surrounded by people who wanted to work hard and make money. People always was willing to show you how to do the job and do it well.
too much favoritism
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHAugust 28, 2018
it is not a bad place to work, but there is too much favoritism in the promotion process. There have been instances where the favorite got promoted over the most qualified applicant. If you like overtime there is definitely opportunities to work all you can handle
Pros
overtime benefits pay
Cons
favoritism
Do not work here
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 27, 2018
This was a terrible factory job. Terrible hours and overtime and the building is not heated or cooled. You stand at the same spot all day for 12 hours or more and do not obtain the chance to even learn something new. A lot of sketchy people are also employed here.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 17, 2018
I really enjoy working for this company. There seems to be a lot of room for advancement. Great benefits and a good group of individuals. Very helpful if any problems occur be it personal or job related.
About the same as any other place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHAugust 11, 2018
It is a good place to work for a while, then you realize the "competitive pay scale" is solely based on an agreement with the few surrounding companies in the area. If you fan out your search for similar jobs in other areas you will find they pay, on average, $3 more hourly. Raises from your start date up until your 18 months are fantastic, but after that you get nothing unless you have quality circles and suggestion, which you never have time for. Its a shame to find out your pay rate, after working yourself into exhaustion and harder than most of your team members, is the same as the Lazy Suzanne whom does nothing. The benefits package is unbeatable and they do great 401k match.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad hours and low ball pay
my experience
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 2, 2018
management was okay. scheduling was decent. pay was reasonable. I enjoyed my job with this company. I wish they would have seen my talent and potential to move up in the company.
Very busy
Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJuly 20, 2018
They have good benefits and co-workers are good to work with. They have heavy overtime so not much for balance in life style. Would like to get off at a nice time
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No sick days
Senior Assembly/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJuly 11, 2018
Great culture and team. Strong support system in place to maintain organization and production. Technology development and lean principles enable strong continuous improvement.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
I hated to leave.
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 24, 2018
I started out at advics as a temp to hire. In 2013. I was hired full-time after 8 months of perfect attendance. After 2 years I advance to a floater which is one step under a team lead. And another year later I rose to a team leader, being the only female to accomplish thisin my department. When I came back from maternity leave which they worked with me greatly on my request. I work for 6 months and decided it was best to stay home with my son. I also got to travel for the company whenever we had a customer issue. That was definitely my favorite part being able to go to our customers and see how things worked and how our little brake became a car.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Hours
Production worker. This place is more concerned about quantity of parts produced rather than the quality of the parts.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 24, 2018
The hours fluctuate. Never know when your getting off of your shift and its mandatory weekends which you usually are told at the last minute that you have to work the following Saturday. This Company is focused on the quanity of parts being produced on the assembly lines rather than focusing on the quality of the parts being made.
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
You end up feeling like your entire life is spent here.
A job if your just looking for a job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 17, 2018
Good for first job experience kind of decent bonuses great work hour's weekly pay 401k most holidays off very dirty work place its an okay environment
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 3, 2018
Easy going but strict management, you are expected to stretch and get started with your day within 15 mins of bell. Overtime maybe expected. Expected to reach time trials
Productive and fun place to work
QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 14, 2018
A typical day at work would be to troubleshoot bad data and find ways to improve the process so it would be easier to find or fix the out of print data. Coworkers are friendly and good teamwork through out. The hardest part of the job is finding new and different ways to inspect a part.
Very stressful work place
Combination line (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 16, 2018
I learned that if you don't work smart that you'll eventually play yourself out. We were tasked to make a certain number of break pads for ensure qualified parts. The hardest part of the job was being able to work hard labor for 12 hrs with minimal breaks.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Short breaks, point system, management
Hard to move up
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, InMarch 8, 2018
Its not a bad place to work but unless your in the click its hard to move up. got some great ppl working there and some not so great esp in the mangament postion
benefits
Cons
Pay and advancement
management needs major improvement
Lead Operator/Lead Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJanuary 20, 2018
my day at Advics consist of making sure every aspect of my machine lines are running to quality standards and operators are performing at a desired hourly and daily performance level. I have learned how to deal with the different personalities in the work place and use that to create an enjoyable working environment for everyone. I fix most of my machine issues daily. I do all tool changes and adjustments to machines to ensure our product is running within customer tolerances. It is a very physically demanding job. The supervisors stay in the office and only come out 2 times per day to do a patrol and if there is a quality problem on the floor. Raises are not given on performance, they are given if the supervisor feels like putting in the paperwork with no regards to the employee and their work habits. The HR department allows this to happen. the hardest part of the job was the company not following their own policies. there is no competitive pay scale, everyone gets the same raise no matter if you work hard or do nothing all day. I work very hard on a daily basis and get passed up for promotions by others that are slackers. the most enjoyable part was working on the equipment and the fast pace of the job.
Pros
12 hr work schedule with days off during the week and every other weekend
Cons
management role in their own company. No careing about their employees.
I was blessed to have the opportunity to work for a good company like advics Manufacturing, I enjoyed the job and the people I had worked with.
Production line machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHDecember 31, 2017
Everyone is very helpful and they are not going to let you fail and the overtime is unlimited. 2 weeks of paid vacation and then u have your vacation time to take off when you can.
Pros
Alot of over time and alot of opportunities to advance
Cons
Long Walk to smoke hut, takes too long and too much break time
If you need money its a good place. But not much else good about it.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  lebanon ohioOctober 30, 2017
If you need a job for money its a good place.
If you can't randomly work over when they tell you last mintue for 4 more hrs, well goodluck your probably after a few times fired.
If you have a.great excuse why you weren't there or couldn't stay, oh well if you didn't have the time.
They were good about breaks though.
Pros
breaks. pay.
Cons
last mintue earning that your forced to stay no matter what
fun place to work
break tech (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHOctober 11, 2017
enjoyable was making breaks for cars hard part was working in the heat up beat place to work make breaks is a typical dasy for me manager was on duty to help when needed
Pros
made car parts
Cons
no ac in building