Advics Manufacturing
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Advics Manufacturing Employee Reviews in Lebanon, OH

Lebanon, OH34 reviews

benefitweekbreakhouropportunitypayhardlong

There are too many people who don't respect management and too many people in management who won't take charge and do their jobs.

The benefits are awesome. There is room for advancement however unless you develop a nonchalant attitude about your job you will probably not want to work their long-term.

Benefits

Cons

No work life balance

Poor Mangement and unsatisfied employees.

Not a great place to work if you have a family. They claim overtime is voluntary but what they don't tell you is that if you don't volunteer for it, they volunteer it for you themselves and you can't say no. Doesn't matter if you have an appointment in morning or anything. It's not their problem. Additionally people there feel exhausted and undervalued. Job advancement is basically unavailable to those who work hard for the positions they're going for. Only people who either have friends in the office or tend to kiss up to management are ones who really only get any sort of advancement. And the company doesn't do sick days either. They do have vacation days but it's not much and you can't really use them whenever you want. You have too have it pre approved at least 24 hours in advance at the latest. And just because you put it in doesn't mean they will approve it. If attendence is even a little less than perfect then you could lose your job. If you have No life, No family, or don't care about job advancement and you want tons of overtime then it's perfect for you.

Pros

Work is easier than other manufacturing companies.. Benefits is nice and pay is decent.

Cons

Poor Mangement and Leadership. No Room For Growth. Work life balance is non-existent.

Advics Manufacturing insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Physically demanding, Long hours, mediocre benefits

The job is heavy and repetitive. There is no sick pay, and hourly pay is low for the demands of the work. There is a frequent amount of involuntary overtime which makes work/life balance nearly impossible.

Pros

decent health benefits

Cons

too much overtime, repetitive motion, no sick pay

If you like long hours then this is the place

Cons If you complain to HR too many times they will fire you. Feels like going 10 rounds with a boxer working there. If you're on the 8 HR schedule they will have you in there every day for 12s unless you get lucky and then maybe 1 day off a week or you could be in there for 30 days straight the rotation schedule was alright except the 3 days you have to work in a row they don't pay the people that actually do hard work enough. Pros 5 10 minute breaks and a 30 min lunch. Decent benefits and 401k

Pros

5 10 min breaks and a 30 min lunch

Cons

Management doesn't show appreciation for work put in

Downward trend...

Benefits are solid but pay is a bit weak. Management is mostly useless and over sized. HR seems to be more about their image than providing a quality work environment. The open office area is loud and hard to focus at times. Flexible work schedule is nice to have offered. All in all I can say is it has its benefits but they seem to be on a downward trend. Many other jobs out there right now with higher pay and most likely better management as it can't get much worse than here.

Pros

flex time, benefits

Cons

pay, management, HR and useless training programs

Place was ok until..

I used to like this place but everything has changed when I did put my 2 week notice. They started treating me like bad for no reason. I found out that this place doesn't care about you and when you leave them they will treat you really bad. Also, there is no movement in this place. If you try to move from one department to another, it will take forever.

Pros

People, Beneftis

Cons

No opportunity to move up

Will run you down

Only care about you if your are buddy buddy with them. Don't care if your just trying to come in and work then go home. If you are a good worker and they find out. They will work you to death and then when you can't take it anymore. They will find a way to get rid of you. The people that actually work have to work while the lazy ones get to continue to be lazy.

Cons

List is long!

No work/life balance

They work you to death. You will get drafted constantly with no appreciation. No advancement opportunity unless you are with the in crowd. Constantly asked to do tasks beyond your job description.

Best places I’ve ever worked for.

ADVICS manufacturing is one of the best places you can work for. They have a great starting salary, great benefits, paid holidays, lot of vacation hours plus an opportunity to get an 8 more paid hours for every 512 hours you work without being late or absent. The management really cares about you and listen to you. Don’t ever listen to those negative feedback. They did that because they are lazy and don’t want to do their job right! Go there and apply at ADVICS and you will love the place you work for!

Only do it if you like your life ant work being the only life you have.

No work/life balance, leadership that plays favorites to an absurd degree, good money and benefits though. There's a focus on safety and they're flexible when it comes to changing processes and making improvements.

Pros

Benefits and bonuses, raises, good money

Cons

Opportunity to advance is there but is unnecessarily cut throat due to favoritism, a ton of mandatory overtime, strict attendance policy.

Lot of overtime even if you dont want it

No time offNo respect from management not even a Thank youVery hard work for little payIf you have no family or life this place will be great for you.Alot of favoritismAlot is dramaShort breaksNo pay for lunch breakStand on your feet the whole time your on the line no time to even stop and get a drink of waterYour just a number at this jobHigh turn over rateThis job will suck the life out of you

Pros

Cons

All the above mentioned

Not people we are just numbers

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Advics Manufacturing is poor you have no time for life outside of work. They work you way to many hoursPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Advics Manufacturing are the only thing good.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Advics Manufacturing, I think everyone is replaceable.ManagementIn general, managers at Advics Manufacturing. Management is horrible. Doesn't seem like they know what is going on in the plant.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Advics Manufacturing is good. A lot of favoritism.OverallMy experience working at Advics Manufacturing. It is not a hard job just way to much overtime.

I loved working there I was part of the relocation program

I was excited to work there yes I hated when I was made to stay over,but if you volunteer thru out the week you could get a weekend off.. The only thing I have to say is that I felt that I didn't succeed because there was no room for my personal life to get things handled...I ended up almost homeless not for the lack of money but unexpected health issues I ignored due to working so much and not knowing the areas to look in and having no time to search really hurt me.. I wish I could go back now that I have a better sense and feel that the company should have some type of housing arrangements with some apartments around the area...My co workers,sup and HR were the best.

Pros

they always had some kind of food trucks for us and everything was free.

Cons

long weekend hours

Hours

I didn't really like how they make you work mandatory hours. They work you for 12 hours 5 days a week then every Saturday its a mandatory 8 hour shift.

Pros

One free 30min lunch

Cons

Long hours no time off

High stress environment

Very high stress environment, fast paced factory work. Decent but below average pay for the work. Over stressed amounts of OT unless you don't care to have a work/life balance.Money is there but you sacrifice all your time. Management/HR are basically nonexistent until you become a lead or better.

Pros

Heavy OT, Decent Pay

Cons

short breaks, long hours, Heavy OT

Advics is an interesting company to work for

The combination of American and Japanese cultures is interesting The company requires a lot of hard work, but in return they give great stability and security.

Good

Once your working it's a great job but the training is 50/50 and communication isn't 100% all the time. But if your good at focusing and can move in a circle it's a easy job.

Pros

Benefits, no big crowds, weekly pay

Cons

Broken training wheels, popularity over skill.

Basic

Overtime was great except when working 3 weeks straight after getting drafted every day including weekends. Great benefits. Gain share bonuses twice a year.

Management/supervision is poor. Blatant favoritism. Good beginner place to work.

If your looking to get into a machining/manufacturing company this is a really good place to start. starting pay is pretty well, along with the benefits that come with it. you get raises every 3 months of your employment for the first 18 months i believe which are 50 cents a piece. plenty of paid time off. along with summer shut down for a week of july that is paid for. most holidays you get off which are paid for as well. you also have the ability to work holidays for sometimes double time pay and an "earned day", which is a day off you can schedule that is paid for. there are 2 times a year where you get bonus' based off of company profits, quality records, safety records, among other criteria. the bonus' were nice. the workplace and people there are great. the environment was really good. majority of the team leaders on the floor were really well mannered and had a pretty good sense on how to treat others, with the exception of a few. however, management was very poor. along with supervision. there was obvious favoritism when it came to promotions, and work relationships. some people were held to a higher standard than others because they were "cool" with the supervisor, and were capable of getting away with behaviors that have had other people wrote up Ive watched people blatantly break quality standards several times, falsify documentation that resulted in several calipers being sent to the customer that were defective, increasing our defective PPM. this person is still in his current position. while others were walked out on first offenses. Myself, along with others -

Pros

Good work environment. Lots of basic CNC experience.

Cons

poor management/supervision.

It is fun and fast paced

Typical day at work starts with work division. every two hours work structure is change. It means you don't have heavy work for 8 hours. So, some hours light, moderate and little bit hard.

N/a

It is a good job to have if you like working overtime. You can pretty much make your own hours, as long as the automotive industry is doing well. It is very hot in there during the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advics Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits