AdvisaCare Home Health Care Employee Reviews

I love my job
Field Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2018
I have been with AdvisaCare for almost 2 years in Tucson Arizona and I absolutely LOVE working for this company. The staff always listens to personal requests and the open door policy is just an added bonus to actually have a boss that really cares about her staff as well as the patients. And make no mistake, they always put the patient first. I do not plan on leaving this job and feel very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful and caring company.

They do not just hire anyone and the director's motto is "If I wouldn't send the caregiver or nurse or therapist to my parents home, then I wouldn't hire the potential applicant.

The clients are so appreciative and write letters and cards to the office. They also have employee of the month for the caregivers and employee of the year with monetary compensation. This is just a great place to work! Good Luck to all the applicants!
Pros
Weekly pay, keep you in your area most of the time, open door policy & working around school schedules
Awful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2018
Scheduling does whatever they want despite your availability... You get promised you'll be making one amount, then get paid a lesser amount. Management doesn't care about workers, you're just a warm body to fill the schedule.
AdvisaCare is growing
Regional Administrator (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 16, 2018
Such a great opportunity to work with a very talented staff, devoted to ensuring quality care of clients we serve. Great Culture and lots of opportunity to make a difference.
Pros
Great Team
Breath of fresh air!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 23, 2018
I was hesitant to work in home care, but the vision of this company sold me. They really do care about patients and making sure we make them feel like family. It feels good to work for a company that doesn't focus solely on revenue. Work environment encourages staff to grow and be apart of the care giving process.
Do not work for them!!!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 5, 2018
Office staff are rude and unprofessional. They are argumentative, won't call you back, horrible with creating schedules. Don't seem to care for their staff. I will never work for them again!!
Poor organization and communication
Staffing Coordinator and Scheduler (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 22, 2018
There is a lack of work ethic across the company and it seems that many people do not care about the work. There are always last minute calls and schedules are so variable. The paychecks are consistent weekly or bi weekly.
Don't work here
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 1, 2018
Get told one thing, something else happens. Management is notorious for telling you what you want to hear so they can get you to do what they want. They don't value their employees or their clients; they value money.
Poor.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 1, 2018
The office is unprofessional and there is a lack of communication between their staff members, employees, and clients. Along with several underlining issues with how they handle their personal issues within the office. Furthermore they picks and chooses whom they address when it comes to a conflict or a concern either between the caregivers, the clients or both.
Decent Job, Good Pay, Lousy Clients
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 8, 2018
Like most homecare providers advisa care is nice to work at , at first.. but then you start to notice clients will walk all over you and management won’t do anything about it except either fire you or relocate you. Job Security means nothing to this company so I recommend only working here as a second job. Plus they barely give you hours.
Pros
Relaxed, Good Pay
Cons
No job Security, not enough hours
jhkjhjkkhkjhhj
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 28, 2017
learned new things i didnt know before as far as wound care, and the staff i have encountered with have all been nice. Its usually a good day at work, easy going and slow paced, The interactions with my clients have all been good, no real issues besides finding cases closer to the east side of detroit area
Great homecare company
HHA (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 21, 2017
I really enjoy everyone I've worked with at the Kalamazoo office. They are friendly, funny, and helpful. I've worked with other homecare companies, and the pay is a lot higher than other companies. They have paid time off and healthcare benefits that are not offered from other companies either. I've referred folks to work here as well. I would definitely recommend them if you are looking for extra work.
Don't bother applying
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2017
I have been with this company for two years and everything has just gone downhill. Tons of employees quit with no notice, clients treat staff horribly, if you are sick.... good luck, office staff never cover shifts even though they are supposed to, no mileage, always short staffed and they keep getting new clients, no communication between office staff, call you last minute to cover when they have the schedule for a month, schedule you on days you can't work, never follow through, and lots more...
Pros
No supervision, shifts 2-12hours
Cons
Everything else
Not perfect but a good place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 7, 2017
Office staff are friendly and want to do what's best for the clients and care about the staff. They actually do work in the field when there's a call off, and the manager actually knows the clients and staff well. Pay is good, better than most homecare agencies.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay
Cons
sometimes you have to drive a little, but it's homecare!
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on providing the best care possible and knowing our clients and staff personally. We appreciate having you as an employee!

All hype - read other reviews about beware
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 3, 2017
Employment adds are a bunch of hype - untrue description of company attitudes and how they treat employees. Self-centered management that doesn't really care about employees or clients - only bottom line and what make their jobs easier and convenient. No benefits, no training, no support, no response for concerns by management, favoritism and clicks in workplace.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking time to write this review. Our sincere apologies for your experience with AdvisaCare. We truly care about what happened, making the appropriate changes and moving forward in a positive direction. Please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources, at (616) 464-1117 to discuss further.

Poor management and scheduling
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 20, 2017
Advisacare seemed like a good place to work at first. Then after a few months I realized how it was not a very organized company. The women that worked in the office were always rude, and they were supposed to cover shifts they could not fill. So if I was at a 12 hour shift and the next person to come in cancelled, the office staff was suppose to come in. Never once did they do that for me, and they would wait till last minute to inform me that after working 12 hours I was going to be mandated. The office staff are trained home health aides for those reasons. So even if you needed to leave for an emergency you would be terminated. Scheduling was a complete mess!
June 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for your disheartening experience while employed at AdvisaCare. We take all feedback as ways to improve our business. If you would be willing to talk, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources, at (616) 464-1117.

Very good homecare agency
C.n.a homecare (Current Employee) –  Battlecreek michMay 13, 2017
I'm very happy with the company and my supervisors.i have been here two years and I think it is a very good place to work. Pretty sure I will be employed there for many more years to come.
Pros
Very accommodating
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
May 15, 2017

Thank you very much! We hope that you continue to be with us as well!

Horrible Management
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 21, 2017
The pay was competitive, but nearly everything about the leadership and the culture of the organization was horrendous. It is a very heavy handed company that pretends to care about its clients and completely neglects it's employees
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Poor management and culture
May 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We apologize for your disheartening experience while employed at AdvisaCare. We take all feedback as ways to improve our business. If you would be willing to talk, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources at (616) 464-1117.

Incompetent and Negligent
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 11, 2017
BEWARE! Advisa-Care is not to be trusted with your livelihood or the well being of the residents they are charged to care for. They're negligent in the level of care provided their residents and several were taken to the hospital on multiple occasions to to AdvisaCare staffs' lack of competence. Minimal training is provided for employees and dangerous situations are the result. Promised increases in pay never materialize. Management will blame any perceived impropriety on staff to avoid consequences. They have been reported to the Michigan Department of Health Services but, as they require no licensure to operate, there is no recourse for oversight. Do not entrust your loved one's care to AdvisaCare.
Cons
Minimal training, Incompetent Management, No benefits, Excessive Hours and inefficient scheduling.
May 9, 2017

Our sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience with AdvisaCare. As home care specialists, we are committed to bringing peace of mind to every family we serve. We strive to provide industry leading service and employment opportunities. We appreciate your feedback and would like the opportunity to discuss the situation further. If so, please contact Cheryl, Director of Human Resources at (616) 464-1117.

Impressive!
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  E. Lansing, MiMarch 20, 2017
I was impressed with Advisacare from the start. Angie and Dennys are very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and helpful. I liked that they were understanding and flexible with my scheduling needs. I look forward to a long working relationship with this top notch company!
May 9, 2017

Thank you kindly for the positive feedback, as well as acknowledging Angie and Denys. We appreciate having you as an employee!

Awesome work enviornment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 20, 2017
Great place to work!! Office staff is understanding and accommodating for other schedules. It has been great learning all the different injuries and needs for the clients. I truly enjoy working here and hope to be an employee for many years to come!!!!
May 9, 2017

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate having you as an employee!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AdvisaCare Home Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

AdvisaCare Home Health Care Reviews by Location