Advocate Aurora Health

United States2,042 reviews

Found 2,042 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,053 reviews
advocatepatienthospitalhealthnursecarehealthcaredepartment

Fun environment

The PT's/PTA's are all very nice and friendly. The inpatient environment is very fast-paced depending on the day and hour of the day. It gave me a great insight on what inpatient PT is like and helped me familiarize with a hospital environment

What is the best part of working at the company?There is none What is the most stressful part about working at the company?everything. You will get treated like garbage every day. Literally inhumane they treat you like a robot who is supposed to perform at 100% every day til you are so worn down then they threaten you. Oh and they change everything every day. Goals and metrics change and they please it makes it impossible to meet goals. Management is THE WORST and they don't care about you at all. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?toxic. People are rude and mean What is a typical day like for you at the company?work. Don't even get a chance to breathe before the next call comes in. Over worked and under paid

Advocate Aurora Health insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Innovation and excellent leadership

Great place to work. Navigated the Covid situation with excellent leadership. Fair and emphasizes diversity. If you can get employed at Advocate you are fortunate.

Pros

Excellent leadership

Cons

Very large and difficult to determine stakeholders within the organization

Work Hard Play Hard

You get slammed with work almost everyday but no other place pays as well. It’s a really big company to work for and lots of opportunities to advance your position

Set up to fail

Onboarding was terrible. My training included being told to just “click around” with no formal epic training. No structured onboarding or training. Was told day one by my one up to stay hidden for at least 90 days to shield myself from the sharks within the hospital. Took that advice and was put on a PIP on my 90 days because I “partially met” job description (after being told to stay hidden mind you). Off boarded a third party company and transitioned to internal leadership structure. This was never disclosed that I would be involved in during my 3 month interview process. Soon after hire I was involved in a total dept redesign including rolling up under a new leader who was at least very supportive and didn’t tell me to stay hidden. Overall things were a hot mess from day one, I never felt like I didn’t have a target on my back. To quote a peer at St Luke’s- you can’t have a soul and be successful as a leader at St Luke’s. It was the same way 20 years ago and the culture hasn’t changed despite that feel good messages that are put out by the organization. St Luke’s is a place you make a name for your self and then leave for a different facility before the bottom falls out on you. Everyone there echos this statement including my one up who advised me to stay hidden for my first 90 days who now has a VP position at a different facility. It took almost the same amount of time I was employed to get over the ptsd from working there. Advocate Aurora is a good organization, however St Luke’s and the Current executive leadership foster the same unhealthy working environment. -

Pros

Not many in my opinion

Cons

Too many to list.

Not a great place to work or receive care

Health care is no longer about patient care and only about the money they can make. Aurora is no different. It’s all about profit margins and how to make more money for the higher ups

Can be a fun place to work at times

It's ok. Definitely not what it use to be. Benefits keep getting cut, pay is not competitive. Management chances constantly and no one is really holding anyone accountable. They are really customer focused, which is great, but have forgotten about their dedicated, loyal employees. They have a great vision for the future and on the cutting edge of health technology.

Overall 3/5 place to work

Pros:-great Benefits-pays well compared to other companies-extra shift bonuses, incentives to pick up-great colleagues Cons:-short staffing -unsafe ratios

Great benefits

Advocate has a great benefits package including ample PTO as well as decently priced insurance. Managers were great and I never dreaded coming to work.

No work/life balance, little growth, micromanagement

Little room for growth, if you’re not friends with someone upper up don’t plan on a promotion. Hours suck but it’s healthcare so can’t complain. You will be micromanaged on everything.

What is the best part of working at the company?The company is very unfair !!! The pay scale is bad !!! What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Nothing at all !!!! They do not work with people who have a handicap

Corporate greed wolves dressed in progressive sheeps clothing

Typical day includes working beyond your ability to satiate corporate wallets despite already having hit metrics or collections goalsI learned that all the healthcare experience couldn’t prepare me for how much they would happily take advantage of people pleasersManagement, gets paid an extra dollar on top of the position they are overlooking, and generate a lot of drama when you have limitationsAsking sick people for money, over and over, in different ways and different positions. How nice the people who were part timers usually were :)

Pros

In house cafeteria, says they are diverse, well intending people within low ranking positions, sometimes they pass out little bags of nuts

Cons

Money hungry, NOT neuro diverse despite their PR, metrics, metrics, metrics all day long

Micromanaged

Impossible for advancement as you are scored on everything you do and need to meet a percentage. Since policies and procedure’s constantly change this is impossible. Company is non profit but number one priority is how much money they bring in daily. The emphasis is on profit.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Constantly monitored

Understaffed, poor management, toxic work environment

Benefits are mediocre, pay is below average, and the work environment is toxic. Advocate Trinity Hospital, to be specific, is probably one of the worst hospitals in Chicago.

Literally okay

I liked the job at first, however the manager ran a lot of good employees away. In my first 3 weeks, 3 team members resigned. Job was fairly easy & the team was awesome but the manager obviously had a lot of personal issues & took it out on individuals with her nasty attitude.

Pros and cons

Great team of people and they have good intentions but they expect high productivity and pay is not adjusted, although salary is a bit higher than other healthcare places. Schedules are micro managed and lack provider flexibility/control. Referrals are steady but caseloads are too high for good work/life balance unless you are willing to work beyond scheduled hours.

It was a nice place to work in the past

Some co workers made it impossible to have growth in that place like giving care for the community because is not fair to be selfish. Caregivers are there to finish with their duties and feel accomplished and not dismotivated

Pros

Free holiday meals

Cons

Lack of advanced scheduling causing time theft to some

Very busy and good.

Great company to work at. Great benefits started at a great pay. I worked at gen peds seeing patients every 15mins. Made time go by fast and i just loved it.

Extremely cut throat and competitive company to work for. The best person for the job does not always get it if it means competition for management.

A typical work day was not fairly divided among the employees. Those that did their job usually had to do more work than those that didn't. I learned that to advance it is not what you know but who you know. Management was always worried about numbers instead of employee satisfaction. The work place culture was cut throat and very much divided into different groups of friends and families against other groups of friends and families. The hardest part of the job was not the work, it was the surviving work place retaliation and the outside of work social media networks and personal phone calls that spread gossip and mis-information which management turned a blind eye to. The best part of the job was the end of the day.

Pros

Flexible start times, benefits.

Cons

A cut throat environment, management worried about competition so they didn't hire the best person for the job, they hired the person least likely to be competition.

Fast Paced and Productive

Pros: If you are FT you may have good benefits. Great place to start as aide for experience .Cons: Always short staffed, aides are at the bottom of the pyramid therefore not much is done for them.

Not a good place to work unless you like being bounced around from clinic to clinic

Run away! Management does not care for their employees. Bad work life balance. Constantly asked to pick up extra shifts, but Management becomes upset when unable to pick up more shifts. Not a good place to work.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Aurora Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss