Advocate Aurora Health

Advocate Aurora Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,815 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,824 reviews

Advocate Aurora Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Urgent Care is busy. The staff is pretty nice. There’s always a few who are bad apples.

It’s a nice place to start your career. Big company but takes care of the employees and is inclusive to all people. The pay is ok. They try to stay competitive. If your looking for top of the line money, then LTC but you’ll work for it. So I’ve been told. I’m a new LPN.

Pros

Pay is ok. The people are nice. They take the time to train you.

Cons

It’s very busy and breaks are hard to get. Pay is ok.

Drama

Very toxic Place to work. If you enjoy drama and being in a high school environment this is the place for you. Management supports these types of behaviors.

Benefits

Cons

Being Bullied by co-workers and management who supports it.

Great management and support

Able to adjust my schedule when I needed. Management very supportive of your needs. I loved working there. Only reason why I left is because I moved out of the area.

Pros

Very supportive management and co-workers

Cons

Nothing really

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Great tuition reimbursement and benefits.It was stressful to work during beginning of the pandemic. My supervisors are very supportive.

Pros

Flexible schedule if needed

Cons

Stress

Done with corporate healthcare.

I enjoyed my job to an extent and luckily had a great team to work alongside. Supervisor valued me and I gained a lot of experience in my role. Corporate healthcare as a whole is definitely headed for complete destruction, though. Between extreme staffing shortages and burnout (which has been made even worse because of the C19 vax mandate), poor pay, meager benefits, and ridiculous administration who have no regard for the principles this company is supposedly proud to stand on, I’m so glad I finally walked away.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Stress, pay, benefits, higher ups, and staffing.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Great staff poor management

Staff is amazing and they welcome you with open arms and are willing to show you whatever you want. There is teamwork but management is horrible and have a idgaf attitude

South Holland site is horrible

The management team at the South Holland location is ridiculous! They are allowed to pencil whip and treat their staff poorly! The CNS does not know what she’s doing at all

Pros

Great doctors to work with!

Cons

Management sucks

Okay

It’s a call center what do you expect? Just angry patients getting at your face for issues you have nothing to do with and even when you do all that you can they still treat it like it’s your issue.

Good Company, Decent pay

I like what this company stands for; our CEO is a good respectable guy. We get yearly raises based on performance reviews that are 50% behaviors and 50% quality of work. You’ll find different cultures in different areas of the job; nursing vs lab vs client services, etc. Some are more pleasant than others. Starts you at decent pay if you don’t have any work experience, but yearly raises are not that much.

Pros

Benefits, Job Security, Pay

Cons

Stressful, Lack of support

I loved my job, but…

I loved the department and doctor that I worked with. The biggest downfall is management and communication. Issues were just brushed off, never followed up on, and they make you feel unappreciated and replaceable regardless of how long you’ve been there. I tried to reach out to someone “higher up” about an issue I had and never got a response. This company could care less about their employees unfortunately.

Pros

Many different departments to work in.

Cons

Management.

Worst company to work for

This is a terrible company to work for. The training is non-existent. The "trainers," have no clue on how to train new employees. Instead, they bully them and management looks the other way. Management is beyond incompetent. There is no work-life balance. They expect new employees to work overtime. The compensation is not competitive with other companies for the same position. There is no respect or compassion there. Management does not care about their employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Don't walk, RUN the other way. I am very grateful that I left the company.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management, mean co-workers, low pay, disrespect

Learn a lot

Great place to start off as New grad, you are able to learn so much. Great team work Efforts. You are able to Self schedule. Busy at times. Room for advancement.

Used to be a great place to work

Used to be a great place to work. More work, less pay. Say that promote work/life balance, but will work you to death. Recent leadership changes have been unfavorable. Fighting to keep frontline employees, but not leadership.

Pros

Teams and providers under me were great! Great CEO!!

Cons

More work, less compensation. Upper leadership likes to take credit.

Great work life balance

This place has great work life balance. Since the merge between Advocate and Aurora, procedures often change but there is great communication via email.

Good learning experience but overworked

Great place to learn, staff is supportive and doctors can be nice. However, frequently overworked and short staffed leading to burnout and high stress. Management micromanages and only cares about meeting metrics. Not enough support given to new nurses. After aurora merge company went downhill, they invest a great amount into customer satisfaction and not enough into employee satisfaction and retention.

Pros

Pay, Pto

Cons

Short staffed, management

Enjoyable

Not much work life balance with long hours and great deal of on call hours d/t being short staffed. Physically exhausting. I really enjoy the Dr's and the team.

Pros

Great team work

Cons

Physically Exhausting

Avoid for your sanity

The most stressful job I have ever had. Once a long term employee with Aurora, since the merger with Advocate, this facility is less about patient care and all about saving a dollar. Staff is overworked and not compensated appropriately for all the added work expected as they keep continuing to cut positions. You don't NOT get paid holidays and it has to come out of your accrued PTO in addition to recently taking away some of our usual holidays off they now require half days of work. They keep offering tons of sign on bonuses to new employees but will only give a 0.30 raise (if you are lucky) each year to current employees. Management lacks medical knowledge and has favorites. Some employees will get written up for things other employees will not. Nurses forced to work out of scope of practice and risk their license due to being "short staffed". I have never felt like JUST a number and replaceable but this place sure made it that way. Over 1/3 of staff has left at this particular facility in the last year due to bad MANAGEMENT.

Ppe

Did not provide PPE to home health staff in a timely fashion during the pandemic. Documentation is simple and straightforward. Difficulty communicating what patient needed to stay independent in the home

Depends on the dept. you work in

I personally don't like my department. Management are terrible communicators, inconsistent, and barely seen. There's no a lot of recognition or appreciation for work done. Morale is pretty low for most seasoned employees. Raises are few and far between, and the benefits are expensive for working in health care.

Pros

Hours, Pto, bonuses

Cons

Benefits are expensive, holidays/weekends/on-call

Average work place

Productive but not an employee focused environment .No loyalty to the employees. They will use you to the fullest extent and then chew you out in a very sneaky way. This is system wide. Middle management plays a big roll in this and eventually they also fall unn to this trap which they cover up due to the investigations from upper management.

Pros

Severence pay to get rid of you for your looking service

Cons

No lunch brakes for icu nurses

Assistant nursing manager

Way too overworked and underpaid. They pay really well if you're executive staff. But the employees burnout by the first year and they seek employment elsewhere... Revolving door. Terrible merger

Pros

Staff

Cons

CEO is garbage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Aurora Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Advocate Aurora Health with

• Advocate Aurora Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?