Advocate Aurora Health

Found 1,833 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,842 reviews

Advocate Aurora Health insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good benefits and pay for patient care techs

Good job security. It would be nice if there was better staffing and if the company would pay their staff more. This would increase job satisfaction and help decrease high turn over

Because its a relatively small hospital & clinic there opportunity to grow in this location.

I have a great boss and become friends with several coworkers. I enjoy a flexible schedule and part time benefits. I feel the work I do is important, but would like to learn more and dont have the chance in the small community.

overall, good place to work

Good company. Unfortunately all healthcare is stressed now, here is not immune. Many great people to work with and a few maybe not as great but everyone is genuinely interested in the patients’ well-being.

Good benefits, poor pay

The job has great benefits and good management styles.They will pay you the bare minimum and give poor raises. You are not rewarded for hard work. They also like to hire new people to your positions at a much higher rate than you which devalues they hard work you do.

Fast pace, best option for nurses

My manager is helpful and more than willing to jump in and help. We all work as a team which is something I really wanted in a job. I can't wait to see what the future brings

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Terrible working environment

Horrible management. Terrible working environment. Hostile working environment. Cover your back, document EVERYTHING you do, because they will throw you under the bus to cover themselves.

It was a good opportunity

Enjoyable coworkers. Management is meh. Issues were not addressed when escalated. Covid policies are ridiculous and tedious. No common sense. Good place to work if you enjoy being a cog in the corporate Healthcare money making machine.

Great pay and work environment

The Menomonee Falls location was great. I was a float that went to different departments which I didn’t like but that what I signed up for. Most staff and MD were very welcoming and understanding and will to help

Pros

Pay, work life balance, coworkers, understanding management

Cons

Too much change in float schedule

Too large and management is clueless.

The company has grown too large. Workload is absolutely burdensome and unfortunately the coworker who has been there the longest has a long history of driving other nurses away. She is mean and manipulative and the physicians think she is sweet and caring. Could not be further from the truth.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Inept management/ mean coworkers

Very busy

Good pay and beneifts, but it is very stressful and busy. Other departments can be rude and not easy to get along with. When someone calls in, it's usually up to the team to work extra.

Good

Aurora is a good place to work. Management is occasionally tone deaf but overall things are decent. Great pay for the work. Decent benefits. Cafeteria is good.

Good job

Good job. Great place to work. Good benefits. It is pretty relax. Pto is good. Very flexible. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. I enjoyed my time at advocate

Depends on your team and your manager

I've been in multiple departments and each has its pros and cons. The more mergers we've had the farther away from a good workplace we become. Everyone is constantly afraid of being laid off. New department leader? He/She will bring in her own people and get rid of you in a flash.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Haphazard decision making from departments that should be coming from leadership.

Merger Merger Merger

Management is constantly looking for new merger opportunities. Every merger there are layoffs, early retirement and job transfers.Communication between management and associates used to be top notch but some sneaky things have come to light over the past couple of years.

Pros

Work from home, Pto, 401k Match

Cons

IT won’t allow qualified associates to create their own reports, etc.

Good enviornment

Where I work, I have nice coworkers, good management. Overall good enviornment. I answer phones, check in patients, make appointments, collect copays.

Excellent Group of Officer's, Horrible management team.

Overall the teammate's you work with are very good and knowledgeable in the role they perform for the organization. Many have had prior experience in public safety and law enforcement, often times more then the management team themselves. The management team unfortunately doesn't meet the same expectations as far as knowledge and professionalism . Often times they manage using fear techniques, and have a overall lack of professionalism in regards to providing feedback/ and learning the job role. In the field of Public Safety it is vital to stay ahead of current trends, and be willing to amend or change policy's that don't stack up to fellow institutions. Unfortunately I will have to recommend fellow officers in the field to avoid this department. Hopefully changes can be made in the future to change my mind, and give the current group of Officers the leadership they deserve.

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Compensation

Cons

Poor/Toxic Management Structure, Non Union Institution/No Job Security

Decent pay but issues with staffing

You work alongside amazing teammates and get decent pay. Certain locations are understaffed at times. Health insurance is a lot out of your paycheck especially if you're part time.

This is a great place to work with fantastic opportunities! Good culture and benefits, nice people. I would recommend working for Advocate Aurora Health!

Urgent Care is busy. The staff is pretty nice. There’s always a few who are bad apples.

It’s a nice place to start your career. Big company but takes care of the employees and is inclusive to all people. The pay is ok. They try to stay competitive. If your looking for top of the line money, then LTC but you’ll work for it. So I’ve been told. I’m a new LPN.

Pros

Pay is ok. The people are nice. They take the time to train you.

Cons

It’s very busy and breaks are hard to get. Pay is ok.

Drama

Very toxic Place to work. If you enjoy drama and being in a high school environment this is the place for you. Management supports these types of behaviors.

Benefits

Cons

Being Bullied by co-workers and management who supports it.

Great management and support

Able to adjust my schedule when I needed. Management very supportive of your needs. I loved working there. Only reason why I left is because I moved out of the area.

Pros

Very supportive management and co-workers

Cons

Nothing really

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Aurora Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss