Advocate Aurora Health

Found 465 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,842 reviews

Advocate Aurora Health insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good benefits and pay for patient care techs

Good job security. It would be nice if there was better staffing and if the company would pay their staff more. This would increase job satisfaction and help decrease high turn over

Because its a relatively small hospital & clinic there opportunity to grow in this location.

I have a great boss and become friends with several coworkers. I enjoy a flexible schedule and part time benefits. I feel the work I do is important, but would like to learn more and dont have the chance in the small community.

Good benefits, poor pay

The job has great benefits and good management styles.They will pay you the bare minimum and give poor raises. You are not rewarded for hard work. They also like to hire new people to your positions at a much higher rate than you which devalues they hard work you do.

Too large and management is clueless.

The company has grown too large. Workload is absolutely burdensome and unfortunately the coworker who has been there the longest has a long history of driving other nurses away. She is mean and manipulative and the physicians think she is sweet and caring. Could not be further from the truth.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Inept management/ mean coworkers

Very busy

Good pay and beneifts, but it is very stressful and busy. Other departments can be rude and not easy to get along with. When someone calls in, it's usually up to the team to work extra.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Good

Aurora is a good place to work. Management is occasionally tone deaf but overall things are decent. Great pay for the work. Decent benefits. Cafeteria is good.

Good job

Good job. Great place to work. Good benefits. It is pretty relax. Pto is good. Very flexible. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. I enjoyed my time at advocate

Depends on your team and your manager

I've been in multiple departments and each has its pros and cons. The more mergers we've had the farther away from a good workplace we become. Everyone is constantly afraid of being laid off. New department leader? He/She will bring in her own people and get rid of you in a flash.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Haphazard decision making from departments that should be coming from leadership.

Merger Merger Merger

Management is constantly looking for new merger opportunities. Every merger there are layoffs, early retirement and job transfers.Communication between management and associates used to be top notch but some sneaky things have come to light over the past couple of years.

Pros

Work from home, Pto, 401k Match

Cons

IT won’t allow qualified associates to create their own reports, etc.

Excellent Group of Officer's, Horrible management team.

Overall the teammate's you work with are very good and knowledgeable in the role they perform for the organization. Many have had prior experience in public safety and law enforcement, often times more then the management team themselves. The management team unfortunately doesn't meet the same expectations as far as knowledge and professionalism . Often times they manage using fear techniques, and have a overall lack of professionalism in regards to providing feedback/ and learning the job role. In the field of Public Safety it is vital to stay ahead of current trends, and be willing to amend or change policy's that don't stack up to fellow institutions. Unfortunately I will have to recommend fellow officers in the field to avoid this department. Hopefully changes can be made in the future to change my mind, and give the current group of Officers the leadership they deserve.

Pros

Good Benefits, Decent Compensation

Cons

Poor/Toxic Management Structure, Non Union Institution/No Job Security

Decent pay but issues with staffing

You work alongside amazing teammates and get decent pay. Certain locations are understaffed at times. Health insurance is a lot out of your paycheck especially if you're part time.

This is a great place to work with fantastic opportunities! Good culture and benefits, nice people. I would recommend working for Advocate Aurora Health!

Drama

Very toxic Place to work. If you enjoy drama and being in a high school environment this is the place for you. Management supports these types of behaviors.

Benefits

Cons

Being Bullied by co-workers and management who supports it.

Great place to work.

Great place to work. Great tuition reimbursement and benefits.It was stressful to work during beginning of the pandemic. My supervisors are very supportive.

Pros

Flexible schedule if needed

Cons

Stress

Done with corporate healthcare.

I enjoyed my job to an extent and luckily had a great team to work alongside. Supervisor valued me and I gained a lot of experience in my role. Corporate healthcare as a whole is definitely headed for complete destruction, though. Between extreme staffing shortages and burnout (which has been made even worse because of the C19 vax mandate), poor pay, meager benefits, and ridiculous administration who have no regard for the principles this company is supposedly proud to stand on, I’m so glad I finally walked away.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Stress, pay, benefits, higher ups, and staffing.

Good Company, Decent pay

I like what this company stands for; our CEO is a good respectable guy. We get yearly raises based on performance reviews that are 50% behaviors and 50% quality of work. You’ll find different cultures in different areas of the job; nursing vs lab vs client services, etc. Some are more pleasant than others. Starts you at decent pay if you don’t have any work experience, but yearly raises are not that much.

Pros

Benefits, Job Security, Pay

Cons

Stressful, Lack of support

Worst company to work for

This is a terrible company to work for. The training is non-existent. The "trainers," have no clue on how to train new employees. Instead, they bully them and management looks the other way. Management is beyond incompetent. There is no work-life balance. They expect new employees to work overtime. The compensation is not competitive with other companies for the same position. There is no respect or compassion there. Management does not care about their employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Don't walk, RUN the other way. I am very grateful that I left the company.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management, mean co-workers, low pay, disrespect

Used to be a great place to work

Used to be a great place to work. More work, less pay. Say that promote work/life balance, but will work you to death. Recent leadership changes have been unfavorable. Fighting to keep frontline employees, but not leadership.

Pros

Teams and providers under me were great! Great CEO!!

Cons

More work, less compensation. Upper leadership likes to take credit.

Enjoyable

Not much work life balance with long hours and great deal of on call hours d/t being short staffed. Physically exhausting. I really enjoy the Dr's and the team.

Pros

Great team work

Cons

Physically Exhausting

Avoid for your sanity

The most stressful job I have ever had. Once a long term employee with Aurora, since the merger with Advocate, this facility is less about patient care and all about saving a dollar. Staff is overworked and not compensated appropriately for all the added work expected as they keep continuing to cut positions. You don't NOT get paid holidays and it has to come out of your accrued PTO in addition to recently taking away some of our usual holidays off they now require half days of work. They keep offering tons of sign on bonuses to new employees but will only give a 0.30 raise (if you are lucky) each year to current employees. Management lacks medical knowledge and has favorites. Some employees will get written up for things other employees will not. Nurses forced to work out of scope of practice and risk their license due to being "short staffed". I have never felt like JUST a number and replaceable but this place sure made it that way. Over 1/3 of staff has left at this particular facility in the last year due to bad MANAGEMENT.

Depends on the dept. you work in

I personally don't like my department. Management are terrible communicators, inconsistent, and barely seen. There's no a lot of recognition or appreciation for work done. Morale is pretty low for most seasoned employees. Raises are few and far between, and the benefits are expensive for working in health care.

Pros

Hours, Pto, bonuses

Cons

Benefits are expensive, holidays/weekends/on-call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Aurora Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss