Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

Team Atmosphere
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 12, 2018
The hospital is a fast-paced work environment. For the most part something new happens about every day. With that said, the coworkers are awesome and very helpful when it's needed.
OK for a temporary job, not a long term career
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILNovember 11, 2018
So so , benefits are ok, management is not, they don't like to hire from within, but they reimburse you for school, a lot of mean spoiled doctors, no respect for x-ray techs, 30 minute lunches in the radiology department, no breaks
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
30 minute lunch no breaks
excellent place to work
Sponsored Program Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 8, 2018
Overall I enjoy working my department and at my location. My job is very challenging and I have gained a great deal of knowledge while here.
I would recommend Advocate to others.
Always a challenge
Nice work environment
knowledgeable team members
ever changing
Pros
flexible work hours in my department
Cons
heavy work load
Interned here and love it
Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrionette Park, ILNovember 7, 2018
Did my medical assistant internship here. Loved the department I was in. Hope to get a position here eventually. Every body here was easy to work with
Professional
Patients Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
A typical work day can be varied and challenging. Scheduling appts preparing charts to be sent, completing patient insurance forms, verifying patient information. What I learned working in a hospital be organized, understand the admission plan because each admission is different. Sequence and timing matters. Exchange dont demand because you have to create a atmosphere of collaboration. Management was very assertive. The workplace culture was Development, Strategy and goal setting. The hardest part of job was we have no control over wait times. When working in healthcare Team work reassurance and proper care. when you know hat the job entails and prepare yourself it allows you to be better equipped when stressful situations do arise. I just want my patients to have the best experience possible I will go above and beyond to make sure that the patient is well taken care of.
Positive Environment
Health Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2018
Positive Working Environment. Good people at Advocate. The pay for me in particular was not enough for the work that I do. Great Learning Environment as well.
Work life Balance
Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 5, 2018
They care about work-life balance, Benefits and pay were great. If my Job was not outsourced to a third party, I would still be working there. the work environment was great and I never felt stressed even when the deadlines were fast approaching.
Pros
Never felt like I did not want to go to work
Cons
getting outsourced and not getting another job internally
Great Manager
Out of Network Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILNovember 4, 2018
My Manager at Rolling Meadows was awesome. She would stop what she was doing and pay attention to your questions and help walk you through to make your decision, She would either agreed or educate you to the right answer and the reason . Very supportive
Pros
worked with freat team
Cons
distance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2018
Stressful long hours with few staff member to effectively and attend to care for the patients. Management struggle to handle the order of the environment.
Great Culture
Admin Intern Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 31, 2018
This company does not micromanage you. They have great leadership and I love that they push you to do what you love. They will always try their best to improve and find something for you that may enjoy.
Pros
Great work environment, I was a Intern, but there are many benefits. Competitive salary, Pto, Sick Leave, Maternal Leave, 401k match, Pension Plan, and few others I can't think of on the top of my head
Cons
I cannot really think of any, they are a great company to work for.
Enjoyed working at Advocate
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2018
Very busy worked front desk and check in and check out. Did referrals and updated demographics, Answered phones and scanning medical records, and pulled charts for the following day.
Pros
Loved working with the public
Cons
Change
Productive Workplace
Medical Records Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
All the associates did their work on a timely manner. Working with the systems was very productive for me a volunteer. I learned about parts of the medical records department.
Pros
Volunteer
Cons
No pay
experience
Environmental Services Tech II (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 19, 2018
Very dissatisfied with the management and hostile work environment. Treatment of employees very unfair and often mistreated. Human resources process for employees was very unfair
benefits
Cons
bad management
exciting place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
I worked in the Emergency room. I loved helping the critical patients and the not so critical patients. Working in the emergency room can give you a new found respect for taking care of patients.
Pretty good place to work
Registered Nurse (Medical Surgical/Telemetry) (Former Employee) –  advocate trinityOctober 16, 2018
Besides the normal workplace issues like having to learn and get along with different personalities, overall, advocate trinity was a nice place to work.
Advocate IMMC
Early Intervention Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2018
I do not feel that I am able to use all my experience education and skills. I feel restricted. I do not believe management is confident in most employees.
Times are Changing
HR COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILOctober 2, 2018
Advocate Healthcare used to consider their associates their most valuable asset. That has changed a bit lately. They have always cared about patient quality and satisfaction however now they are driven by the quality and patient satisfaction surveys. Associate satisfaction has fallen to the wayside.

Most of the company benefits are great. The continually review their compensation structure to remain competitive in the marketplace. The medical benefits still need work. The premiums are high and the HDHP's are expensive both in premiums and deductibles.
Pros
Dedicated Associates
Cons
Each department has their own culture and it can clash with other areas.
Great place to work !
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILSeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work !
Good people. Lots of resources-
Outstanding nursing leadership.

Treats all employees equally. Up to date tools. Information and support are easy to access
Pros
Locations
Cons
Growing too fast
part time
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
worked part time here not very busy on weekends and managment is really flexiable with hours often there is only 1 tech working on the weekends so keep that in mind
Pros
flexiable
Cons
cant grow
X-ray Tech (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work. Looking for part time to fill my days off so that’s why I’m seeking a second job. Close to the are and good pay. Insurance is not needed so I expect a better pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss