Advocate Health Care
70Above average

Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

United States641 reviews
I am impressed by senior leadership’s clear headed, strong guidance navigating the organization through the challenges Covid has brought. The company has done everything they can to take care of their workers during this time. Healthy culture where others are generally respected and told they are appreciated. Lots of talented Epic Analysts that I get to work with everyday.
Pros
Strong, transparent and respectable senior leadership
Cons
Uncertainty over how we are receiving same benefits with lower revenue
Management plays favorites and picks on others. There is no room for growth and those with higher education are taken advantage of asked to do more but are not compensated for it. This office is very disorganized and communication is not good at all. All of the employees here work really hard and have created a great sense of teamwork but management brings everyone down.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, teamwork amongst employees
Cons
Management, no room for growth, no work life balance, no fair compensation
Being a call center of course there are good and bad days ! But the environment at work is open and your coworkers will make it fun for you ! I loved this job the only thing was the phone calls became to much.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Call center
Management needs to prioritize investing in their staff to bring out the best in them. High emotional intelligence should be a key quality required for leadership roles.
I started at Advocate and then worked as an agency nurse in many other hospital systems in Chicago. In comparison, Advocate was the best overall. Especially in terms of competitive salaries and work culture.
Overall great company. No complaints. Flexible work schedule but hate that you have to work every other weekend. Average pay. Fair management. Not that bad.
I didn't work with company as long as I'd like, but the time I was there, they were great, very professional and very intuitive to the clients care witch is great, but I give the them an A+ if I move back to Chicago I will definitely be working for them again.
Pros
very clean and professional company
Cons
All PCA need bigger payrate, so no cons
Great experience with Advocate Health Care. The culture of this company is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. The team was really helpful and caring. Willing to help in any condition.
I love working at Advocate Trinity Hospital , I love what I do and I love my department, Management not so much they’re unfair, gossip about the staff to other employees and don’t truly care about their staff, the only thing that matters to them that you’re at work no matter what. They don’t accommodate or work with you when you need them. They Management team is horrible at this a few people including myself have been trying to move around, it’s that bad.Hospital me
The other staff members are encouraging to one another and work well together as a team. The management is very encouraging and positive. They are available when needed as a resource.
Pros
location
Cons
long work hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Advocate Health Care?
Expect to keep yourself busy work through lunches the amount of work given was immense. One person had to handle 3 sites, answer billing questions. Our supervisor kept information that we needed from us. The dept was very Clichy.
Great life work balance. Staff is very easily to get along with. Paid time off,and work days were always fun.Enjoyed working here very much. Thank yoi
I had a horrible work ethic at two of the locations I worked. No supervisor support, coworkers were not team players in a lot of ways, working in an environment and your race is the only one present at the locations, was very hard. I enjoyed and loved my job, but felt alone at times. Treated very unfair and had no support from my immediate supervisors at either location. Discrimination still exist and is overlooked.
I enjoyed working here. Meet many great people and the patients are what makes the job exciting. I really enjoyed my time here and some of my co workers felt like family.
Advocate as a whole has bitten off more than they can chew. They cannot effectively service the hundreds of sites, several hospital and millions of patients they have taken on through a hundred people at one call center. Every call you get it's like a guessing game before the patient even speaks. "What kind of call would this be." Speacialists booked for 6-8 months out. Patients can barely get an appt with their primary doctors which is funny because their motto is we help people live well... haha right I be frustrated along with the patients. Anyhoo relaxed dress code, engaging activities. Metrics arent impossible to meet. Quality scoring is a joke. Sick days, vacation days are non existent however, time is accumulated every 2 weeks. Turnover rate extremely high. You're better off on second shift, entire staff is more relaxed. This coronavirus situation....the call center is unprepared for!...Nurses always seem stressed and over worked. I will stop there.
Working at advocate aurora hospital is a great work environment and focuses on employee’s well being. I never feel like my job was ever in jeopardy and always felt appreciated.
PRN position, often canceled in middle of the shift, not the best pay, friendly coworkers, management unrealistic, patient-nurse staffing ration should be better
While I was working for this company I see deference thing every day is something that make me feel more comfortable and have experience with a lot of thing
Not a great place to work. Manager only cares about himself. He has no knowledge of technology or people skills. Bad management!!!. No remote flexibility, micromanagement, people are always stressed out. No training sessions provided.
There's no cafeteria at the location. Bathrooms are dirty!!!.
Stressful, minimal help, heavy workload, covering multiple units during one shift. Unwillingly to pay deservingly. Ignore employees concerns, management does not take responsibility.
Clinic and office manager are unprofessional and do not show appreciation for their staff.
Office is very messy when it comes to being organized, being professional and customer/patient satisfaction. No room for growth at this location.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.