Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
My location has poor management
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 11, 2018
I love what I do, but do not care for the culture and enviornment in which I am doing it. It's really downhill fast. My location used to be the one that all others looked up to. Now there is a lot of people brought in who are related or friends to managment.
Cons
Lunch cut to 30 minutes and no additional breaks
productive and fun cmpany to work with lots games
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMay 3, 2018
* quality and timely filing of claims
*training and leaning for advancement
* management had open door policy
*we played games to accelerate learning abilities throughout the day
Pros
free days or hours off
Should be rated one of the lowest hospitals for treatment of employees.
Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Advocate Christ Medical CenterMay 2, 2018
If you take pride in your job I wouldn’t recommend ever working at this hospital. This hospital supports bullies in the work environment as well as managers. The HR department will not do anything if you have a situation. They will come after you. Employees who sit around and do nothing all day are worshiped. Managers who have never managed are out in managerial roles and think they know best. I watched this for a long time until I left. Thank god!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Endless
BIG Business
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 22, 2018
Decisions are made for the benefit to the corporation and not what is best for patients. There is inadequate staffing in all areas. Hospital based diabetes educator and Palliative Care positions were eliminated.
Young Management that has no respect to others
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
The call center is horrible, provide these patients with false hope and do not carry out promises. Does not like to inform patients that they are speaking to a doctor's when they are not. They was was good and benefits.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Short breaks and lunch
The corporate environment was a great experience.
Data Analyst - Center for Practitioner Information (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 18, 2018
The employees are very professional and the benefits are also great. The company also provides professional development. The facilities are well maintained and kept.
Great place to work, Management always willing to listen.
Pathology Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
Advocate is a business of health and touches the lives of patients and employees. A daily display of respect is shown between co-workers. Each associate shows respect towards patient.
Cons
Employee parking could be better.
Fun, relaxing not to stressful
Contract Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 9, 2018
It was a great place to work. There were various projects to work on. Always kept me on my feet. Everyone is also real friendly. Great atmosphere all around.
Pros
Nice relaxed environmemt. Plenty of different projects
Great Organization at the Top, but trickle down isn't so good.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 4, 2018
In theory it is a great organization. Great Mission statement, values and intentions. However, the management team is an inner circle and they treat employees as servants. Micro managing, no mutual respect.
Pros
Excellent care for patients
Cons
Micro managing, no mutual respect.
Productive and fun place.
Surgery, Medical Education Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 4, 2018
One of the best places to work in Illinois!
Advocate Health Care is a team that's focused on improving, excelling and building a better tomorrow.
Healthcare Workforce Collaborative Program.

Want to know more about Advocate Health Care?

Ask a question
terrible
Driver/Washer (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILApril 3, 2018
Workers act like zombies, unclean workplace, hard work terrible pay and no training. Loading and unloading laundry all day. Human waste and blood. Do not take my word for it go work there! Turnover is crazy.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Quite a few associates have been here for decades
Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 3, 2018
Culture is changing due to cost pressures on health care organizations. The work environment is comfortable currently. As organizations seek to improve cost structures, may start to create pressure on associates/management.
Great experience with the healthcare industry and worked alongside great people!
Advertising Campaigns Member (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 26, 2018
I learned a lot about the industry of healthcare itself as well as how to market and advertise in the industry. I gained quality experience working alongside the VP of Marketing at Advocate as well as other interns in order to successfully plan an advertising campaign through extensive primary and secondary research.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Would Recommend
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Eureka, ILMarch 16, 2018
I loved working for Advocate. The people there are truly amazing & become your family. One of their sayings was "Never leave your wingman" & I truly felt that was the case, there was always someone willing to help. I enjoyed what interaction I had with the patients there too. The only issues I had were that the pay wasn't the best, with little increase & that I wanted to advance from my position. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything within the company that I could transfer to, so I ended up leaving for another employer. But I really did enjoy my time there & really miss working there.
Smart Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 16, 2018
A great deal of responsibility for each employee; leadership is thoughtful and future growth oriented. Dedicated team of healthcare and non-healthcare professionals.
Pros
Leadership, employees and benefits, salary
Cons
Small teams with lots of responsibility
Good Company
Contact Center Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 14, 2018
This is good company to work for, I just didn't like the way they would add more work to your load but didn't give you any raises. Very hard to move up at the contact center because the positions don't come available often.
Was a.fun job
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  LibertyvilleMarch 12, 2018
Liked the EKG work. Working with patients and staff was informative and fun. Working PRN hours wad different. Had to only cover vactions and sick calls.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Hours/lack of
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  ElginFebruary 28, 2018
Great place to work. Good team and culture . Pay and benefits are great. Close to home and doctors and staff are wonderful. Some management issues but not out of the ordinary
Pros
Team
Cons
Time off
It was great opportunity to work in all different departments
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Condell ilFebruary 28, 2018
There was a grear place however due to short staff there were some who workload and people can get as many ours as they want. Due to hard work so many people were quiting a job very soon.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Short staff
good benefits for full-time, poor benefits, support for part-time
social worker (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 27, 2018
I was in a p/t position but worked f/t hours. Always felt like my job is next on the chopping block. Not much support because everyone is stressed, overworked. Advocate does a poor job of providing mental health services.
Pros
good benefits for full time employees
Cons
poor benefits, support for part-time, unstable environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss