Advocate Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
ADVOCATE is a great place to work, there are not many advancements for employee's . but once you get in a position you like its easy to stay there. on a typical day its very fast paced.
Perfect Work Life Balance
Gift Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILJuly 18, 2018
Advocate believes the family comes first. They offer many full and part-time jobs with full benefits.

Each of the hospital have fitness center, exercise classes and training.

Working at a hospital is like being at home.
Pros
Gym, Cafeteria, Gift Shop
Cons
Associate Parking tends to be a problem
Great Place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
Great Place to work. I remain employed. I have no intentions of leaving at this point. Advocate is a large System with multiple places to work. There is no need to leave unless you are leaving the city.
Poor Managerial Support- No Work/Life Balance
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 14, 2018
No work life balance at all, ever. There is more focus on upper Management being held up on pedestals, rather than true, honest collaboration and teamwork.
The information systems are archaic, outdated and unsupported for a healthcare system of this size - so the solution? work staff to the breaking point! Everything is handled with mountains of paper.
Staff must use PTO for holidays.
Staff are only allowed 30 minutes for break for an 8.5 hour day.
Pros
decent pay, front line staff are great
Cons
poor integrity of upper managers, no support
Love it
Surgery Scheduler/HUC (Former Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILJuly 8, 2018
Great organization to work for my department & shifts was a great team who worked very hard and put the patient needs first. I would recommend them to anyone.
Starbucks next door
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
patient making appointments
call centers are not for doctor's offices
Mgmt sucks
employees grumpy
hours not good10 min break 30 min lunch

going homes
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Worked hard to satisfy customers
fitness specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 29, 2018
Everyone needs a job.
I enjoy helping someone who appreciates my help.
It's hard paying attention to more than one person because each person is special to me, and if the job requires you to multi-task you lose giving your attention to that one special person and you become disingenuous.
Excellent
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at both hospitals under the same company. I love working with various types of patients and got to meet various types of people. Left to try something different.
Flexible and love people I work with
EICU Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 23, 2018
I have a flexible schedule and enjoy the people I work with. The benefits and perks are great. I also like being able to manage school and social life
Pros
Flexible, convenient, plenty of training, etc...
Cons
Time will tell
HR consulting
Contract Employee Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
Very busy. Management was top heavy and in meetings constantly. The culture was very strong and followed the organizations philosophy. Getting positive feedback from management. Co-workers. Very much a team work environment with the recruiting staff.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
feedback
Fast paced
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Have great customer service, greet all of your patients make them feel very comfortable and happy. When answering phone calls make sure you are very respectful.
Quality and Safety
Medical Laboratory Technician - Generalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2018
Great place to work and grow in your career. Tuition reimbursement is very helpful. Advocate is known for supporting their team members while encouraging them to continue their education.
Professional environment in a successful, mission-driven health care provider
Corporate Director Management Engineering (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 11, 2018
My tenure there ended 20 years ago. It was, and has continued to be a major player in health care in Chicagoland. Well-run. Complicated. Quality driven.
Pros
Major player. Well-run.
Cons
Limited advancement for non-clinical professionals.
Productive and wonderful place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 2, 2018
Advocate Trinity Hospital is a great place to work with many advancement opportunities. I have worked for Trinity for 9yrs and enjoyed every moment. They have allowed me to grow and advance in my skills. I can not thank them enough for giving me the opportunity of employment and to grow my skills.
Benefits
Cons
Low volume
Typical WorkPlace
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2018
Overall this is a typical workplace, where your typical day can very from extremely busy to polar opposite, extremely light, but nonetheless come ready because more often than not you will be expected to carry your weight in a very fast paced environment. Management is okay, quite atypical from prior positions held which doesn't always work well for the future outlook of the facility or healthcare system as a whole. If you can manage your time and give 100% every day you will be just fine.
Purposeful Work
Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2018
Advocate Trinity serves the communities of southeast Chicago. Individuals who have a passion to serve and provide a true impact on the health and wellness of a community would love to work here. The internal culture is friendly and there is a true focus on quality service and elevating patient experience. There are many changing dynamics with the system that has made recommending Advocate Health Care as a place to work challenging. - especially for non-clinical leadership positions. After the merger is fully integrated with Aurora things will stabilize. However, there are limited to no opportunities for advancement. I would say that the environment is high paced, busy, and often times stressful (it is acute care). On the positive side, when I was there I was paid well - no complaints. The benefits are OK - they have a high-deductible health plan or employees can opt for a managed care plan (i.e. HMO).
I would continue to recommend the system for physicians and advanced practice providers.
Pros
Sense of community
Cons
Limited stability or advancement opportunities for non-clinicians.
Terrible place to work
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILMay 19, 2018
This place is horrible. Management in the health information management is rude and cut throat. The doctors are arrogant pricks who think they know ever thing.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Poor Management, no career advancement
With new management that came in dont waste your time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Back when I worked there it was a great place and super management but all has changed so just be aware of arrogant senior management. I hear it is terrible there now.
Pros
People & management
Cons
Change in Management
Advocate
Fitness Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
Worked with Advocate for 6 years. Lots of transitions happening with fitness centers for various reasons. Searching for more secure position with higher pay.
My location has poor management
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Holland, ILMay 11, 2018
I love what I do, but do not care for the culture and enviornment in which I am doing it. It's really downhill fast. My location used to be the one that all others looked up to. Now there is a lot of people brought in who are related or friends to managment.
Cons
Lunch cut to 30 minutes and no additional breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Advocate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss