Advocate Medical Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was great, except for the location :(
Contact Center Rep I/Interim Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJune 12, 2018
I loved working for Advocate Medical Group, however the distance from my home became daunting and with the role I was promoted to (Overnight Interim Lead), I was required to work an odd shift. The ACC is really a jumping board to the other facilities, but South Suburban Hospital was the ideal location for me and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get into that location.
fit in quickly
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 1, 2018
work was fine. was really nice when I had the help that was needed. was a bit disappointed when I went back to school & they wouldn't work with my schedule. I have been gone for over 2 months & they still haven't rehired the necessary help.
its ok depending on the site
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2018
fast paced, its ok to work there, nice patients, mangmt needs work. we wear uniforms, no breaks, lunches are short and they need to understand when a employee is sick
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks, no good pay
n/a
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 22, 2018
Excellent place to start in health care great job security with flexible hours .Great opportunity to advancement. Requirement to quickly adapt to changes .
Pros
great benefits/ flexible schedule / job security
Cons
fast passed environment / poor job training / policies and job procedures always changing
Confusion
Team Lead/Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 15, 2018
The company was a great company to work for in regards compensation. However, the management was poorly run. My specific manager was not trained on how to be a manager and was trained and had only been an RN. This is not training to know how to manage multiple employees which caused a lot of undo stress and confusion on a daily basis.
professional
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 9, 2018
Great employer value learning balance of work life employer discounts advancement potential open opportunities great direction and leadership great place to work
Pros
healthcare
Cons
everything is great
A good place to start
Coding Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 23, 2018
It is a good place to start your coding career and get your feet wet. However, it is not place to further you career. There is not much career advancement, unless you're friends or family of management. Salary is below market value.
Pros
Benefits, flex time
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
Flexible when need to leave/come in late dur to children's appointments
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 23, 2018
I like what I do, but the management could be more cooperative, rather than condescending at times. Need a 2nd job to make ends meet. The compensation could be a lot better.
Remote is isolating
Coding Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILApril 19, 2018
I like the company and my job. However working remote has lead to separation from others in the department. Higher lever management is much removed and not attentive to lower level concerns.
Wonderful Company to work for. I'd highly recommend.
Management of Doctors (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, IL 60068April 18, 2018
Wonderful Company to work for. I'd highly recommend. Great place to learn so much from the doctors and upper staff; especially if your a ew nurse. Room for advancement. Great benefits. Great work environment. Learned so much and advanced appropriately within the office. Everyone got along very well and made going to work a wonderful experience every day. Very fast paced and professional. Miss working there.
Pros
Great Staff
Descent work envirionment.
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
Advocate is a pretty descent company to work for with many creative ways to promote employee morale. Its a relaxed environment and for the most part management is okay.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Could pay a bit better
Great management, employee engaged, strong benefits, and promotes team engagement.
Physical therapist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 15, 2018
Advocate has been a wonderful company to work for. They offer great benefits with an encouraging and positive team atmosphere. Clinic decisions are focused around the patient's to provide a high satisfactory rating and exceptional functional outcomes. Management is very supportive and aims to maintain a desirable work life balance. It is a very organized clinic and demands the ability to maintain a high pace caseload.
Pros
Strong leadership, clinical support, leadership development, great benefits, and high patient care expectations.
Cons
Large company lends to lag time with implementing change and lacks sports therapy opportunities.
Ecellent work/life balance
CONTACT CENTER REP I (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILApril 6, 2018
Advocate medical group works with associates regarding schedules and work/life balance.
Advocate medical group is understanding and very rewarding with associates.
Advocated medical group had various forms of promotion within company grounds.
Pros
Work/life balance, salary, and locations
Cons
Patient volume, patient unsatisfactory rate
Management is bad otherwise overall job is good
Lake Zurich (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 5, 2018
The manager at this location makes it like a boot camp. She yells at you in front of patients and staff. Her I don't care attitude is rude. She has no heart and shouldn't be working in healthcare. If she see you walking in hallway will yell asking why you are in the hall. You can only have a 30 min lunch and no other breaks. She yells at you when you go to bathroom like I said Boot camp
Revolving doors
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2018
I would ONLY I mean ONLY recommend this job if you are looking to gain your own knowledge of the medical field & looking to find a quick job. My time at this job was stressful & it wasn’t the job it self but management. Instead of treating people as equal they treat people individual. Literally everyone I know at this company is looking to leave. If you are not in leadership your view on anything does not matter and they basically tell you this in training! “Even if you are told one thing from one leader and something different from another just agree and address it later” was told. Employees are never on the same page because you’re told so many different things from different people. This place will continue to spend money on training because of poor poor treatment of their employees.
Pros
Ability to help people
Ok
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
Very fast paced, good work life balance. Can be stressful at times. Management needs improvement. Staff needs development and training in customer service
Very stressful and about 20 people were looking to leave the job at the same time.
Coding Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL 60523March 12, 2018
Very stressful and the managers didn't direct your or want to be bothered with you. It was just all about pushing the button and get the claims out. Everything was about the number of claims.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Management didn't manage
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2018
The people I worked with made it all worth wild for me , we worked in a team and helped in any way we could to get the patients as well as the physicians what was needed
Pros
Coworkers are great
Cons
You have to build yourself up to get the pay over years with this company
fast paced
SENIOR PURCHASING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Olympia Fields, ILMarch 5, 2018
This company was Midwest Physicians Group and purchased by Advocate. How ever Midwest was a very good place to work very good work life balance in a high paced position. Management was fair. Pay was mid range.
Pros
ablity to grow
Cons
bought out by Advocate Medical
Large corporation
Utilization Management Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 26, 2018
The company continues to grow which provides a lot of career of opportunities. Most non-clinical positions are located in Downers Grove and Rolling Meadows.
Pros
good benefits