ADVOCATE Radiology Billing Employee Reviews

Nightmare
Slave (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJune 26, 2018
So much changed here that it was a nightmare and you get chased out.

There seemed to be no work-life balance and even thinking about that was a joke. Management is very palsy-walsy and then cut-throat to each other in reality. Same goes for staff, seniority or not.

Team leads are also a joke. Just an unnecessary ego boost.
Joke insurance.
Pros
Cons
Everything- Stay Away
Great Opportunity
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHAugust 10, 2017
Advocate provided lots of opportunities to learn and advance my career. There isn't an in-depth training program, but the employees are friendly and willing to teach if you ask. The ability to succeed at Advocate is very possible if you are not the type of person who needs to be spoon fed everything. Like anything else, if you are willing to put in the time and effort results will follow.
Pros
Friendly environment. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed.
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Excellent opportunity to work in the medical billing field
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHAugust 9, 2017
I am proud to work for Advocate Radiology Billing and be part of the team which makes our company one of the industry leaders when it comes to radiology billing and reimbursement. It is a fast paced work environment that is constantly changing, and our staff must maintain a strong work ethic to stay aligned for success. Advocate has many staff members which have worked here for over a decade, and that is a true testament to how well the company treats its employees. Advocate offers many benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, and generous PTO accruals. The company is diligent about recognizing employees who step up and work hard and prove themselves to be reliable. There are many examples of employees within the company who have started at an entry level position and through dedication and perseverance they have moved up in the ranks to higher level positions. The staff members who are self-motivated, trustworthy and devoted are the one who will make it far in this ever changing healthcare industry.
Pros
401k, Pto, Benefits, Opportunity for advancement, Co-workers
Cons
Fast pace can be stressful to some, significant workloads are assigned
A great place to work!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHAugust 9, 2017
ADVOCATE is a wonderful company that shows their support and gratitude for their employees in many ways. One way they massively showed this appreciation is with their Employee Appreciation Day event in June. This event included an off-site event with a catered lunch, paddle boating, life size hamster balls, company Olympic games, and a very thoughtful gift bag! This is just one way I've felt appreciated for all my hard work.

In addition to this, the culture is great and everyone works very hard while remaining friendly and helpful. Compensation seems to be commensurate with position requirements.

Alike other reviewers, I found the work environment to be fast-paced but this was perfect for me as I work best in this environment. I had a great balance of keeping work at a steady pace with this productive pace. The environment also allows for prospect of growth or advancement within the company.

Overall, a great company to come in for an entry-level position or management.

My only reason for leaving the company was relocation.
Pros
Great benefits, helpful staff, leadership, culture
Cons
Could be stressful for those not use to a quick-paced enviroment
Starter company
N/a (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHAugust 4, 2017
Management and proper leadership is questionable across all departments. Very relaxed environment. Some employees have no idea what they are doing but can slide under the radar. Pay is low and it's easy to get hired on here. HR does an okay job with planning things for employees. Company should offer more incentives/ discounts, give employees a handbook and offer better pay.
Pros
PTO and hours of operation
Cons
Pay and turnover
A fast-paced company with a lot to offer
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJuly 25, 2017
Advocate is a fast paced environment. if you like to be busy and always learning, this is the place for you. you must be able to multitask and organize to be successful. there has been a lot of effort and energy out on recognizing the staff. we have had great employee events. Employees are recognized for their hard work.
Pros
recognizes employees and treats them fairly
Cons
always fast paced
fast-paced environment with job autonomy, minimal leadership
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 17, 2017
ADVOCATE is a great place to work if you come in with the understanding that you have to be driven to learn on your own. There is no established training program so your success comes from how you go about teaching yourself the in's and out's of the company. There also is not strong leadership/support in the company. However, they are open to good ideas that ultimately benefit the clients.
Pros
Great 401k program
Cons
No frills or glamour here when it comes to perks, benefits
Great, Supportive Company
Medical Billing (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I've worked in medical billing for roughly 14 years and this is the best experience I've had in the field. The company is constantly growing and that can cause a high workload but I've never had unreasonable production expectations placed on me. There is on the job training provided and supervisors/managers available to answer questions.

I've seen many coworkers deal with personal issues and the company is supportive regarding time off needed in these situations, which can make all the difference. There are also several employee appreciation programs in place that provide departmental lunches, team building games/exercises and opportunities to win prizes throughout the year.

Hard work is noticed, appreciated and rewarded at Advocate and I can honestly say that my worst day here is better than my best day at previous employers. I don't even mind the longer commute.
Comfortable, Independent Office Environment
Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Within my department I have felt very good about management, and the HR overall. Management seems very fair dealing with mistakes if you are a hard-working employee, and makes allowances for life issues.

Co-workers are independent mostly, but come together really well to help others when needed or requested, never letting anyone be stressed or frantic if they have time to offer help.

My only concern is that I feel like I have seen a lot of people come and go in a relatively short period of time, but you never know why exactly any of them happened. It seems to me though that if you work hard and you are reliable then you don't have anything to worry about though.

I enjoy this job a lot because I am allowed to set my own pace and goals, and long as it fits into a fairly broad framework. I am able to move between tasks in an independent manner. I am able to go through the rote steps of required tasks, mixed with finding productive ways to investigate and problem-solve, which makes it so that it doesn't feel too tedious.
Pros
Laid-back environment, allows independence, offers some flexibility
Cons
High turnover
Fun fast-paced enviroment
NA (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I have worked for Advocate for 18 months now and I am very happy here. In each department there are typically a few shirts that YOU can select to work making the job fit into your schedule. This is a fast-paced company and although that is not what everyone likes, it is what I thrive on. The culture is good here. The company takes time to thank their employees by sending birthday cards and buying birthday cake monthly to celebrate. We not only do group pot-lucks but have done them as a company. We had a huge holiday party and were given an extra day off this holiday season. This isn't a place for anyone, you have to be motivate to work and want to work hard. If you are taking a job just to take one, you wont last. If you have great work ethic and the desire to do well, this is the place for you.
Pros
They do alot for their employees.
Cons
fast-paced
Very unreliable management style and behavior
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHNovember 1, 2016
I am an ex employee for this company and when they first bring you on they are friendly, but after u been there for a month or so they treat you very poorly. The manager and supervisor look out for each other and let the leads do whatever they please. Several employees have left this company due to training and unfair treatment. No one here is treated like an adult, and you worry constantly about being let go or not meeting your audit or quota. The management comes and goes when they please and they always act like they're here to help but they're really not and tgey don't know what they are doing. They expect you to know what you're doing from the time you walk in the door and that's not fair if we don't know their system, with no kind of guidance. The only thing that was right about this company was your co-workers, and HR department is excellent.
Pros
Decent pay and hours, HR department is excellent.
Cons
Management, leads, they don't pay you for 30 minute lunch, very judgmental, bigots.
This place is HORRIBLE
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJune 1, 2016
IF you want to sell your soul to the devil work here. The management call their lack of managing "squirrel". The team leads are racist biggots. This is by far the WORST place to work.
Pros
Cons
They should be shut down
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHMarch 12, 2016
Management shows favoritism, they communicate over I'M and let people talk on it unprofessionally. Will fire you over nothing
Fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHSeptember 16, 2015
Advocate is really a FANTASTIC place to work, but for my family life I my work schedule just does not fit. A typical day consist of answering phones, updating insurance, billing all insurance companies, taking payments, and giving balances. My co-workers are very friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job, was learning it on my own. I was not given a traditional training class due to no one else showing up for the class. So, they just put me on the phones due to my experience in prior call centers. I truly enjoying having lunch with my best friend from time to time. We work in different departments, so meeting up can be a challenge.
Stressful Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHJune 11, 2014
My typical day is high paced and very stressful. I have lots of tasks to do in a very little time but I complete all tasks. They are very under staffed and are putting a lot of pressure on the little staff they have. I'm ready to move on to a environment that is more professional and where the management doesn't show favoritism. This job was a great stepping stone but I'm ready to move on and learn a new career. I enjoy some of the co-workers I worked with and helping the patients.
Pros
job security
Cons
healthcare very expensive
Fast paced, High volume
A/R Billing Specilist (Current Employee) –  Powell, OHOctober 25, 2013
A multi faceted company for Radiology Billing, I have learned all aspects involved in billing, transmitting and appealing medical claims to State & Federal Insurance Levels. Management is hands on and very supportive in achieving goals.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Insufficiently staffed
Anyone need a job!
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Powell, OHJuly 23, 2012
Advocate Radiology Billing. One of the few jobs I've endevored, which soley relied upon a resume and that alone. No background checking. No drug checking. No application screening. No reference checks. The only place that I've ever worked were anyone could apply. And basically receive a job. Without merritt. Whether you've ever worked in an office environment, or not. Nepotism was rampant. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Sisters, Brothers. Which needed to say alot about the dress code, there. No job security. No emphasis on training. Just an open facility were you can receive a few months easy pay, before they terminate you. Then your free to receive unemployment. So, for somone who's never worked in an office environment before. Its an easy way to make a few quick "ends"...
Pros
you have a chance to make some reasonalby descent meney for a few months before they catch on.
Cons
no job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADVOCATE Radiology Billing. Our community is ready to answer.

ADVOCATE Radiology Billing Reviews by Location