AE & Associates, LLC

Working at AE & Associates, LLC: 28 Reviews

United States28 reviews

Great team synergy

It's been 6 months that I am working here. The team is really nice to work with, we have a good synergy and I'm learning a lot. We are surrounded by people who have a lot of experience so there is a lot to learn.

First time I actually have fun working!

For the first time in my 8 year career, I actually enjoy myself every day! What I like the best is how everyone has this common goal of doing the best we can on each and every chart, reviewing and helping each other when needed. This is so refreshing compared to other places I worked in, where the mentality was more "every man for himself" and coders would let others make mistakes so that they look better. I am so glad there is none of this here. Plus we can reach out to the trainers of Tricounty so it's really ideal. I'm waking up every day eager to get to work, and that's the best feeling!

Pros

Great team

Cons

Some projects require rush

AE & Associates, LLC insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction

Great tools and onboarding

I recently started at AE & Associates.The owners took time to welcome me and introduce me to the rest of the team. My managers spent many hours training me on the clients, the tools, the policies, and IT trained me on access and security protocols. I'm writing about this because everywhere else I worked they never spent the time for proper presentations and training.It's also nice how responsive everyone is: whenever I have questions, I send an e-mail or text message, and get a response within minutes.Everyone has a positive attitude, and I'm really excited working here.

Finally l found a great company to work for!

As a medical coder, it's been very difficult for me to find a company that sees you and treats you as a real person and not just a medical coding "machine". I changed employers several times. This year, I have been very fortunate to be accepted at AE & Associates. There is such a great atmosphere in this company. My manager is always looking for ways to better our environment. We have access to medical coding instructors if we have any doubt. Best of all we are not consistently pushed for more charts in less times like in the previous places I was. This company wants quality over speed, and I like that very much. I no longer feel like a coding robot. Our team works really well together, and I'm having a great time at work every day, feeling that I make a positive contribution to the patients for which I am coding. And I am happy to share any details if anyone needs.

Productive, they always offer you a job

There’s always an opportunity for career growth, help you with your ceu’s, people at the office are very helpful and courteous, they offer benefits even if you’re only part time

AE&A motivates me to be the best coder I can be

I'm very excited to work at AE and associates. I feel lucky because my manager is a doctor and a medical coding instructor. He helped me achieve maximum coding accuracy and is regularly making sure I'm doing well. It's nice to work for a company that cares about its employees even when working remotely.

Happy to work here

I really like working at AE & Associates. The management is very nice. It feels almost like family. They come every day to ask if everything is doing well and if I need any assistance with anything. There are several Medical Coding instructors working here so it's really convenient. And they are all super nice. I like that the different medical facilities for which we work are all prestigious.

Graduated from Tricounty Allied Health school and hired by the sister company AE & Associates. The best career decision I made for myself!

I am one of the graduates from Tricounty Allied Health school and was given the opportunity to be hired by AE & Associates Medical Coding (its sister company). I started a new job with zero stress because I still had access to teachers for any questions. The former students are great to work with and we support each other. The managers are very nice and helpful. So now I have a full-time and a part-time job doing HCC coding. I'm so happy!!

A great place to learn and to work for

I started learning medical coding there, and they hired me as a medical coder. The CEO is an actual doctor, so I have got the best training, and the best person to ask questions to. I feel very fortunate to work here, and not planning to leave anytime soon!

Pros

Lots to learn, and great atmosphere in the office

Cons

I haven't found any negative point yet

A great company to work for

I have been working for 2 years at AE & Associates. It is a great company to work for, I am learning so much and the people are wonderful to work with.

Unfriendly office staff without structure, guidelines, or polices

Very unprofessional office staff little to no information provided about their hiring process. Unfriendly office staff all are from the same ethnic community, does not even offer water to drink, or even ask about someones day. We are living in a world where we should be able to exchange pleasantries talk to each other. I say to anyone looking to apply for a job here, please do not waste your time applying for a position here there are only looking to fill up their classes and not really looking for coders. Do not be fooled.

Worst company to work for

The managers and owners of the company are terrible. Very rude, disgusting attitude no respect to their coders and employees. They micromanage everything what you do in the office, there’s always a meeting about every small petty thing, the owners are so confusing because they have power struggle. They don’t know how to be professional.

Discriminatory & Unprofessional

I am surprised that a company as unprofessional and discriminatory as AE&Associates, LLC is allowed to stay in business and still has clients. HIM manager tells admin assistants to falsify reports to clients and makes unapproved adjustments to time cards of medical coders, meanwhile hiding information that is detrimental to the company from the business owners. No HR either for the company to report issues to

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Unethical & Toxic: New Applicants Beware

Working as a medical coder I have a large amount of experience with this company and am able to give an accurate review for new applicants, please beware of this company as it is a toxic family run business. The leadership is does not exist and the HIM Manager asked me multiple times to work over 8 hours with no over time. I was told just to put my charts on the next day's productivity. HIM Manager does not value her employee's, is very rude, and is not responsive to emails. There are also no benefits that allow employee's to stay with the company therefor, turn over is very high.

No support from Management

Very unorganized. Hiring process is a mess, there is no structure. Management offers help, but if you ask too many questions there will be consequences. They review and audit you but do not help with growth/improvements. Most of the charts are big files to work on. pay per chart basis

Pros

telecommute

Cons

Poor Management, no support

productive

Working remote at home and always get update from the management , and they are very professional and kindly . The hardest part the job they paid per days for patient stay is 10 days you need to do 3 cases to get paid per hours . Not guaranty enough work for 8 hrs job. The most enjoyable , nice management and team work

Pros

Get bonus for Christmas

Recommended for stay-at-home parents who needs additional income

The ability to work from home and open working hours, that AE and associates offer is very essential for stay-at-home parents. However, the job depends per project. Once a project is completed, you would have to wait for another project.

Pros

telecommuting

Cons

No security of tenure- per project based

Disorganized

Disorganized. They always say that there are projects available but not always the case. Sometimes they shut down projects without any notice. Sometimes unreliable.

Very productive and fun work invironment.

I enjoy my working here, I work remote and go into office to teach. My hours for coding are pretty flexible. I basically can choose hours, we are given continuing education in order to do our job better.

Pros

I can work any schedule as long as I do my 8 hours.

Cons

I like working remote coding and teaching gets me in the office.

What you learned?

The company educates employees on different aspects of procedural and surgery coding. They will train you on how to review chart notes and procedural and surgery reports. They will make you understand the procedure description, its guidelines, and compliance with Medicare.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

contract job

Fast pacing environment and multi tasking work.

The management was poor, they don't give us an specific assignment , no training received and do not pay holidays. It was a very busy environment but at the same time too many bosses ask for help.

Cons

lunch breaks only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AE & Associates, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits