AEA Pure Dawn Farm Employee Reviews

1.3Pay & Benefits
1.0Job Security & Advancement
Not as advertised
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orwell, OHApril 14, 2016
I worked at PDF from May to September of 2015. I had an internship on the farm and was very excited by the plan and vision laid out by the owners. Unfortunately the reality was much different than the vision. It was sort of like being on a dark version of fantasy island. The investors had expectations of making millions of dollars selling organic vegetables, but there was no solid plan on building the necessary infrastructure that is required to have a successful farm. When we did begin to harvest we did not have buyers in place to take our produce or the proper facilities to clean and store the produce. There were massive amounts of food waste on the farm, and so many other dysfunctional aspects. I would not recommend working on this farm to anyone.
Pros
you will learn what not to do
Cons
You may experiance great frustration and disapointment.
Beware
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Orwell, OHApril 12, 2016
I won't bore you with details. I was not paid in full. Employees not treated well. Horribly mis-managed. No leadership. Was sold as an internship however there was little training or oversight to allow people to succeed. Horrible infrastructure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AEA Pure Dawn Farm. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about