Aechelon Technology Inc. Employee Reviews

ok
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2018
typical day - get coffee, log in, sit down, work independently - NDA materials
learned - more skills for efficient workflow at specific areas of software
management - pretty hands off (mixed bag)
work culture - some great people but (mixed bag) overall
hardest part of the job -some complicated tasks in some departments - some monotonous
enjoyable - honing an efficient workflow
Pros
friday 1 meal, good medical, generally hands off management style, clock in and clock out - not take home work
Cons
no comment
good work
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2018
good work to do and lots on the roadmap to implement
co-workers share their knowledge and helped me to learn a lot
Work hours very flexible as long as you get your 40 hours/week in.
Pros
great health and 401k benefits
Raster Production Temp (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 14, 2017
Poor management at this company was difficult when communication break downs were common. Complaints not taken seriously and situations run amok. Made moral and over all work environment uncomfortable.
Great Benefits/Moderate Office Environment
Raster Production Artist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 26, 2017
The office is located in a somewhat decent area of SF; the company shares the building with AirBnB. The office is typically quiet, has dim lighting, no windows in desk area, has an open-office style, and more or less pretty clean.

Most of my day, I'm at my desk working on a PC and tablet using programs such as Photoshop. The work itself is pretty technical so everyone pretty much has their headphones on listening to music and podcasts. Overall it's easy but there's definitely the challenge of a deadline and getting things done quickly and accurately.

I've made some amazing friends here, though there are a few nuisances in the office as well.

The company benefits are beyond amazing. They definitely take care of you with full coverage on medical, vision, and dental. HR really helped out with setting up my HSA and 401k. Unfortunately, I'm a contractor so my position is temporary and will definitely miss these benefits when I move on somewhere else.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch on Fridays
Cons
Office feels like a cave
Geospecific 3d Modeling Department; Excellent department, great team and place all around.
3D Modeler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2016
Pros
- Great team members at all levels in the team structure. Supportive management structure, ready and willing to help.
- Exciting environment with diverse work. Technical work that promotes strong personal growth and rapid development. You are going to grow and learn.
- Opportunities for advancement and stability for those who want it and perform well as you would expect in a good company.
- Great company to work for with unmatched benefits for all levels of employment. The company takes care of you in ways that most don't.
- For those from 3d in the video game and film field, this department is a needed change and route from a unfortunately collapsing, under appreciated and unstable work in video game and film field.
- Compensation is well above market at all levels of employment.
- The work serves a much bigger and important purpose which makes it all the more satisfying.
Management is always looking to improve and shows it. Checks in with team and makes changes to continue to make the place better.

Cons
- Employment and contract opportunities don't always work out for everyone. However, for those though that work well and perform well, there are further and excellent opportunities.
- Communication can always improve, but nothing beyond what you would expect at any good company.
Work is challenging and not suited for everyone. It is a production environment and 3d models have a time limit that can be challenging to meet.

Advice to Management
Keep growing and making changes for the better. The improvements that consistently work towards and being made
  more... are seen and appreciated. You are making and sustaining a great work environment by continuing these practices.  less
Amazing company with a great product
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2016
I have been with the company for almost 9 years. I started at the very bottom (hourly pay) and have been given many advancement opportunities. My time here has also given me experience in almost every different stage of the product development.

The company is growing rapidly and with that, some growing pains had to be corrected.

The daily work and workload varies from department but it all boils down to the same structure. You are given a task, time to complete that task and time to correct it if there are errors. You are responsible for completing the task on time and up to company standards.

Senior management is well organized and meet regularly to discuss the future of the company. They are always looking to make themselves better and to deliver the best product possible.

The new offices are great, very open, large break area with multiple spaces to hangout and relax.

Company get together's, breakfast and parties happen frequently. There is one large party a year where EVERYONE in the company is invited to come eat and drink.

The hardest parts of the job are the "crunch" times at the end of projects as well as initial training. There are some processes that are very different from the majority of graphics companies but they are done for a reason. You just need to understand that reason.

Most enjoyable part are my co-workers. I have many friends here and we all share the same compassion for the company and product.
Pros
Benefits, Health, Dental, Life, 401K, Vacation, profit sharing, commuter
Great Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2015
Great company to work for, CEO and CFO are very understanding and down to earth.This company is growing very quickly, apply if you're into coding and graphics.
Raster Modeler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2014
overall good experience with production. The Job culture was a learning experience and learned a lot using different tools in Photoshop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aechelon Technology Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Aechelon Technology Inc. Reviews by Location