Aegis Communications Group Employee Reviews

Only recommended for temporary work/pay
Full-time Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 10, 2018
I would not recommend this job for long period or to make a living. It has low pay, negative work environment, and little to no room for advancements.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Loved this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 27, 2018
enjoyed working at this company the pay was great the hours were perfect and the employees got along ... Th Management was a little off and could have been better. Overall it was an o.k. place to work
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough overtime
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
A typical day at Aegis Communications was always very fast paced, received over 100 calls on a busy day and about 50 calls on a slow day. I learned how to understand and deal with irrate customers, Most of the customers were 65 yrs or older. The management in this company were understanding and worked with me if an issue ever occurred. There wasn't a hard part with this company, all that was expected was to deliver excellent customer service and to update yourself with new medical codes and other information if needed. The most enjoyable part of this job was having a happy and satisfied customer at the end of the call.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 26, 2018
I answered inbound calls assisting customers with plan information. I changed their plan if they insisted on having or not. I made bill payments if or when needed. It was enjoyable when I could assist the customer in a satisfying way especially when we had high call volume which was about the hardest part of the job.
Great place to start
Seasonal Benefit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063March 23, 2018
Feel like a start-up company that is trying to learn as they go. Not a great place for someone who want a career or long tern employment. It think it is a good place to learn an leave.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Feel like a start-up company
Stressful
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 9, 2018
Aegis is a vendor to United Healthcare and as a Customer Service
Specialist it was my responsibility to take calls from policyholders. This
was a very intense job as most of these calls were from the elderly
and a lot of care and attention was required. I took great pride in
being able to assist so many people in need.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Very regimented and stressfull
setting up individual medicare part A and B for senior customers
Inbound Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 6, 2018
Completing senior's with setting up there medicare and medicaid Part A B coverage. As well there prescription coverage. This is a very laid back slow pace environment due to the nature of each caller's needs.
Pros
Provide to each customer once they have the proper health insurance for there individual needs.
Cons
The inability to assist a customer due to the amount of there income
Making and taking calls
Sales Agent for Humana RightSource (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Working at Ageis was stressful, their system were down a lot. A lot of the employees were very young and immature. Their place of business is extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Low pay
Regarding the American Express campaign...
Escalation Specialist/High Value Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 12, 2018
It's been so long since I last worked there, it is difficult to offer a fair opinion based on my experiences to compare with it's environment now. That being said, during my time there, I took upwards of 120 - 180 calls per day. On the good calls, I got introduced to great people. The bad calls left one mentally drained and could deplete one's faith in humanity. Not much could be done about that. As in every-day interaction, it's going to depend on the person on the other side of the conversation and your threshold for patience with the other persons' idiosyncrasies. My main gripe was the imbalance between the objective set before you (establishing a positive, human relationship in a customer service sense) and the constraints put on actually accomplishing that objective (penalizing your performance rating if your average call time was above 90 seconds, very rigid policies that were not always friendly to the customer...)
Pros
Got to talk to some great, interesting, and sometimes famous people.
Cons
at ~150 calls a day, it can get old, fast. Inflexible policy can make the CSR the enemy instead of the helpful agent they are told to be.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
I had a very productive time very busy learned so much, patience great customer service skills. I enjoyed every second of my job wanted to be there every single day.
Inbound and Outbound Calls
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 8, 2018
Campains always changed, there was no security in where you would find yourself if one was to pull out. Constant drug abuse and they hire anyone that can talk there way through a phone call. The staff all have big heads on their shoulders.
Poor job placement
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 6, 2018
This job may be a good one for kids straight out of high school. They don’t pay much and it seems as if they’re a temp service. They place you with jobs not knowing how long the job will last and you’re not guaranteed to be placed with another job once yours end.
Great company was buying. pizza for us all the time
Customer Service Agent for TXU Energy Company (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Learned a lot about electrical utilization as I worked as csr for a Texas electric co. Was paid a 300.00 bonus by my company for going above and beyond to help customers get better rates.
Pros
Very fair company to work for
Cons
No cons
This is a great place to work but, not much room to excel.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2018
I assisted customers, by making inbound/outbound calls, in a fast pace environment, concerning their ninety day prescriptions and refills. I also, assisted with any issues concerning the customers accounts.
Good work for good pay
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2018
It was a fun place to work straight out of college. I made some good friends and enjoyed working with the people there. This was back in the mid 1990's and the culture there may have changed since then.
Pros
Relaxed enviornment
Cons
Pay
relaxed, casual, instructive, fast paced working environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Working environment is relaxed and friendly.
pace is fast and productive
training is on a regular basis and management provides updates.
Helpful instruction
Most challenging is adjusting to the volume of inbound calls.
Pros
free lunches, holiday meals
Cons
profanity
this place was horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVJanuary 17, 2018
this was a high stress job, you were required to make sales, a lot of people ran scams on people giving the products or services that were not asked for, i tried not to do that and still got reprimanded when my sales did not meet their expectations. And if you did stay and work overtime, you would not get paid for it!
not a good fit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 17, 2018
its a hard company to work for, you set at a desk all day calling home residents in Texas about the gas provider and are trying to sell them on switching to your company.
Fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2018
This job was the best job I had in along time. If I ever had to move back to tx I would love to go back to this company. The work enivorment was great.
Pros
Break was a hour
Cons
It wasnt none
Good for the right people
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZDecember 24, 2017
This job was high call volume. I would answer up to 70 something calls per day. They were back to back and you were limited for time for each call. It was very high pressure, but some people would work good in this environment and the pay was suitable at the time. It was nice being able to help people, but was not so nice when you had complaints.
Pros
Benefits, stayed busy, pay
Cons
Negative attitudes, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Communications Group. Our community is ready to answer.