Aegis Living Employee Reviews

Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 6, 2018
Great place to work, and fulfilling environment. Residents become family and you have the opportunity to play a big role in their lives. would recommend
good job to start off at
Lead Care Manager / On Call (Former Employee) –  Granada Hills, CAMarch 29, 2018
if this would be your 1st job it would be a great job to show you responsibility. shows you that you can use yourself to better people. loved the job.
Become a part of resident's families.
Wellness Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2018
Love the residents and fellow staff. Management care about you. Residents live there so open 24/7. Will have to work holidays if the holiday falls on your day on.
Pros
Reduced lunch. Great activities for residents.
Cons
Healthcare for "managers" is very expensive. Myself and spouse would cost $500/paycheck!!
Nice clients, unfriendly staff
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 19, 2018
A typical day would involve assisting elderly residents with daily ADLs like bathing, dressing, transfers, etc. There I learned proper handling techniques, and how to care for someone.The management was extremely unprofessional and rude. The hardest part of the job would be having to literally take on more tasks then one person coud because there was no teamwork.
Pros
Low priced lunches
Cons
Work environment
The residents are what make the place hard to leave.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2018
When I first started we were fully staffed, dependable crew and everyone got along great which made up for the low pay. Now, management and admin has completely changed. Lots of hard working CM's leaving for better pay elsewhere. We feel taken advantage of. The care managers make that place great for the residents yet they get paid the least. There is preferential treatment for certain residents that CM's are supposed to uphold probably so management gets their bonuses. Management gives no support if we are short staffed. I feel bad because the residents don't get what they are paying for. It feels like management doesn't care if we're short staffed because it costs them less. Christmas bonuses for care managers are tips from the residents, not from the company. We don't need praise from management, we get that from our residents. We need appropriate compensation.
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Under paid
Health Services Director (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMarch 15, 2018
I loved my job as a Health Services Director. The work environment was great and the team work was awesome. I would highly recommend this company. They really care for the patients.
Pros
Cheap or free food, great co-workers
Cons
Call-Offs
March 19, 2018

We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience working at Aegis Living and wish you all the best in your future plans.

Great! but..
Health Services Director (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMarch 13, 2018
it is a good company to work for as a whole! room for growth is there. It just wasn't my time yet. Culture did not really get to me, Hardest part of the job is seeing myself leave this company as i was not ready for it or it was not just a good fit for me.
Pros
dollar meals
Cons
a bit on management
Aegis living is a very productive and fun place to work.
Associete Care Manger (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 8, 2018
Aegis living is generally a modern paced adult care and Assisted living facility where most adults can retire and enjoy the rest of their lives in peace and do things they most likely would've been doing if they were home by themselves. While some of them are adults requiring help to perform their day to day daily living.

My typical day starts with getting reports from the evening shift and checking on residents from room to room making sure every one is accounted for and safe. I continue with counting of medications and details of who needs what and what time.

Every culture is respected and well represented and there are people from all over the world both management team and residents.

Management team is very responsive and always quick to act.

The hardest part of my job are dealing with unruly residents and care team members calling in at the last minutes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is going home without an unusual incident. Knowing that the night went well and every one of my resident is doing well and are all accounted for.
Pros
free coffee, snacks, cockies and soft drinks
Cons
Health care, dental and vision
Aegis Senior living
CSR- Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2018
This was the First Job I got here in Nevada and Very thankful for the experience. I have learned so much from this company and this experience helped me find my strengths both on the job and personally.
Pros
$1 Lunch, ongoing training
February 19, 2018

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Aegis Living and that it was a positive experience for you. We wish you all the best in the future.

loved the residents
Wellness Nurse LVN (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Residents made me stay, but staff not as professional as could be considering what residents pay to live there. Beautiful building, free lunches, flexible schedule, but not worth the pay nor stress
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your comments about the time you spent working at Aegis Living. We appreciate the care and respect you obviously gave to your residents. We would be interested to learn more. If you would be willing to reach out and connect you can contact me. Tom Laborde COO tom.laborde@aegisliving.com

Loved patients, not leadership
Nurse Care Director (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Loved the residents and team. Environment was fun and felt real connection. Leadership was stressed and under qualified to lead in healthcare. Change is good.
Pros
Residents and team
Cons
leadership
February 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share the experience you had working at Aegis Living. Your honest feedback will only help us to improve. If you would like to share more details we would like to connect with you and learn more. Please reach out to me. John Carpentier - SVP john.carpentier@aegisliving.com

Great place to work. Awesome office
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond WAJanuary 19, 2018
Great place to work.
Did a lot of activities for the residents and staff. Always had an open door policy. Good benefits to chose from. Convenient locations to where I lived at the time.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
not alot of opportunity to advance, overtime was almost never offered
February 19, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Aegis Living. We appreciate you taking the time.

Job not what was described in interview
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I was hired in August of this past year and was told all of these great things about the company, performance review in 90 days, then a raise, opportunity to move up, family environment where my wife and kids could come visit...also read awesome reviews of company online....none of it true! My manager of maintenance refuses to discuss a review, no money for raises, was hired for maintenance assistant, yet once hired, am made to work every weekend and holiday, doing all of the housekeeping, as well as my maintenance work, as my manager and all housekeeping staff have weekends off.
Pros
Lunch for 1.00, close to home, love the tenants
Cons
No performance review or raise, required to do all housekeeping job as well, bc only one working every weekend!
January 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Several of the experiences you describe are not consistent with the type of culture that we expect from our managers. Please reach out so that we can discuss in more detail. Thank you. John Carpentier SVP of Operations 425-466-3747

Great starter for people who want to gain experience in nursing
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Your duty would entail reporting in, checking the charts to make sure you're up-to-date with patient. Assist in their daily/nightly routine whether its being transported to the dining room for breakfast or brushing their teeth after dinner.

The hardest part of the job for me is the graveyard shift , waking up certain patients (particular the ones with dementia) to use the restroom in the middle of the night.

The best part was interacting with the elderly, they were mostly kind and had endless stories.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Often Understaffed
January 8, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at Aegis Living and wish you the best.

It’s nice but...
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Moraga, CADecember 26, 2017
It’s a VERY demanding job. The dining portion should ABSOLUTLEY NOT be included in the Care Managing Job- doesn’t even make sense in the first place..
Pros
They give out free food sometimes
Cons
LOW PAY!!! It’s ridiculous especially for all we do!
January 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Aegis of Moraga. Caring for our residents can be both demanding and extremely rewarding. It’s truly a noble calling to provide the elderly with love and quality care.

We have found that residents appreciate being connected with a Care Manager throughout the day, and not just in their apartments. Our care staff get to know our residents’ specific likes and dislikes in the dining rooms, too. We rely on care staff to be part of residents’ lives whether they’re dining, in their apartments, on outings, in common areas, and where ever else the day takes them. The universal care giver is an important concept in providing consistent, great care to our residents. I appreciate your service to our residents, and wish you well. Tom Laborde Chief Operating Officer

Overall a very stressful environment.
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 17, 2017
The work/life balance in the assisted living industry is very poor. I had a very different experience, however, since my supervisor was committed to the care of his staff. The culture was his top priority. We were trained to care for our peers first and then care for the residents. The most difficult aspect of a job in assisted living is the constant demand for your attention from multiple people. The best part of that though, is you are working with people that care.

Management varies drastically depending on the facility. The company tries to support a caring culture as a whole but often misses the mark with their General Managers.
Pros
Cheap meals, health benefits, competitive pay, fun people.
Cons
Extremely demanding working environment.
Fun place to work so long as you aren't in care
HR (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 16, 2017
This job is not only challenging work physically and mentally, it is hard on your heart to lose your residents. That never gets easy. Aegis does a lot of fun things for it's employees to appreciate them!
Pros
$1 meals
Cons
Bad Management
Sucks not a good company at all 12yrs with this fraud of a place!!
cook chef (Former Employee) –  Aptos, CANovember 12, 2017
Good luck executive director is a theif at aegis of aptos!!!!:( steals bouns money and Christmas bouns, gift cards and company's money!! This place need a management change all around!!-
Pros
$$ rip off
Cons
0% way cons
November 14, 2017

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Our commitment to caring for our staff is at the foundation of our success. When I read your note, I am deeply saddened. We certainly will not tolerate any sort of unprofessional or unethical behavior. Would you be willing to speak with me with or meet with me offsite. I will be in the area in the next couple weeks. John Carpentier - SVP Operations 425-466-3747

ED trying to make a name for himself
former employee (Former Employee) –  oceansidse, CAJuly 27, 2017
A typical work day was 14 hours. 5 star cost/ 2 Star staffing. I was learning about memory care. Middle management was being replaced so often, no one had a chance to get good at their jobs. ED was trying to make a name foe himself. Culture was stressed. The hardest part was being so micro managed to the point of being unable to do my job. The most enjoyable part was working with the seniors.
Pros
Working with seniors
Cons
Understaffed/ Not being supported
August 6, 2017

We are sorry to hear about your experience. In our on-going effort to improve the experiences of our employees, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experiences. Please contact me. John Carpentier SVP Operations 425-466-3747.

An upbeat and fun community to work in
Life Enrichment Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 27, 2017
A very family based workplace where employees are encouraged to all aspects of the organization and be available to fit in when necessary. The best part of the job is seeing residents content with the service and looking forward to each day. Management is very supportive and knowledgeable of all work areas and set great examples to employees. The decline of residents health owing to age related illnesses and death is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Excellent lunches at $1 for staff members
Cons
Low renumeration
August 6, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Aegis. We will continue to strive to provide the employee-first culture you deserve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.6

5.0Personal Development

4.9Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight