Aegis Protective Services Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Gate Attendant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2019
The worse thing about this place is that you aren’t actually getting paid for the number of hours you work. The sites aren’t bad they are pretty nice but Command Center doesn’t care for the actual guards and they will change your hours to benefit them. If the person who is supposed to relieve you from your duties doesn’t show up you have to stay for the entire next shift because there usually isn’t anyone willing to come in so you’ll be stuck at your site until the days over. Pay is low, they take over 100 dollar from you when you first start for their used uniforms and more of the uniforms don’t fit or so old that they are falling apart.
Pros
Site workers are cool.
Mostly a good company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2019
I am an Ageis security guard I like where I work they are very easy to get along with, they do have posted jobs that must be addressed.All of the guards seem to get along with each other.
Pros
Mostly stress free enviroment
Cons
Limited hours
Possible great opportunities
Armed School Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2018
So I read a lot of bad reviews on here before accepting a job at Aegis. Before I went in for an interview, the listed salary for an armed security guard seem good compared to most other companies in the area. At least a few dollars higher. So I went in for an interview and ended up being offered a position at a school, which paid more than the listed salary for an armed guard. The process was pretty straight forward and I didn't feel lied to, like many here have said. I also don't walk miles a day without getting a break. I feel that it has been a great change for me, and ended up being a great opportunity. The process to start working was also fairly fast. Maybe my case was a bit out of the ordinary, but I feel pretty fortunate and not in any way poorly treated or taken advantage of.
Pros
great opportunity and chance to gain experience
Cons
possible lack of advancement / salary increase
Long hours poor management
Security Supervisor at The Great American Tower (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2018
Very long hours. They pay was good at my site. Poor management leads to stressful work environment. Bad Communication between the office and the sites. Property management was very kind and which they had more control of the mangers.
Pros
Over time pay
Cons
Management, long hours
Terrible-Absolutely Terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2018
First, they will lie to you to get you in the door. Second, the "highest paying account", entails you walking over 10 miles a day, with no breaks, in a suit. You are not allowed to take off your blazer jacket, so have fun walking at least 10 miles a day in the blazing hot weather. I often walked 15 miles in an 8 hour shift. Third, they hire anyone. With 0 work ethic. So if your relief calls off, you are stuck working 12 hour shifts, most likely 16 hours-until the next shift comes in. Then you go back with less than 8 hours to sleep/rest/etc. "Supervisors" will not step up to cover open spots, they are more than ok with you doubling or tripling your work load-as they sit in the cold A.C. and do nothing. No one will help you, if you WANT to learn, good luck. Because employees will only do the bare minimum to get by. This is not the place to work, it's a toxic and unhealthy work environment. You bring any of these concerns ( and more) to management, it's not well received to say the least.
Oh, when you follow their BS policy about returning uniforms dry cleaned, they still complain and say you didn't do it right. Complete joke !
Pros
Cons
everything!
Management Was Very Disorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
Pay was not great and management was by far the worst I have ever worked for. Their communication was not great and it seems as though the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing whne I was there. I left in 2015 so it may have improved. I know I am much happier since leaving this company.
terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2018
I will never have anything nice to say about them the management was terrible they couldn't keep people. they forced you to work over when someone didn't show up.
Pros
Cons
the company as a whole
Security
Security Guard/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2018
Not a bad starter job or a job for a retired individual. Armed and un-armed concierge security positions available. All kinds of businesses, office buildings, warehouses, outdoors, indoors.
terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
First off, when I got hired, I was pressured into working every single day by being bribed by management. Second, any promotion you're "guaranteed" you'll never get, unless you're one of the "favorites". Third, you never get any props for doing anything good and can not move up in the company whatsoever. They will hire a random person before giving anyone a promotion. Fourth, if you have certain medical conditions that restricts some activities, you get punished for it. And fifth, once you leave the company, you will not receive your final paycheck(s). When you try to contact anyone from the Columbus branch, they are nowhere to be found. Then you have a set schedule but if you worked at the warehouse during peak season you can be scheduled to be off at 1:15am but if they are not done till 6am then your staying. if you leave you get in trouble. they don't care. you get no sick time or vacation or anything, pay sucked. no benefits. you pay them to get your security license but they take it back and pocket the money. if you don't have a receipt that you got your uniforms dry cleaned when you quick they bill you for it. no lunches. nothing
Pros
Cons
everything
Not Great
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 9, 2018
The people who work in the office prefer to do the bare minimum and often speak poorly of the guards they employ. New responsibilities were passed to those in lower level positions regardless of their current work load.
Pros
Got paid
Cons
Overworked and undersupported
Horrible place to work.
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH Mt. Auburn LYS ShelterApril 26, 2018
Do not work for this company. I busted my butt for them and they still fired me because of me doing things the man I thought was my supervisor told me I could do. Now I'm told there will be 104.10 taken out my check because I left the company before 90 days. Who does that?? Also I was charged for a security guard license that I never received. Just do not work here. There are plenty other security places better than them.
Pros
Cons
No support, terrible management, no sense of loyalty.
I worked at the Taft Museum of Art. It was a lovely environment, I enjoyed my coworkers and depending upon how many visitors we had, some days would
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2018
drag and others would go by quickly. We got a 30 minute lunch hour and a 15 minute break. The museum staff was pleasant and I could work as many hours a week as I wanted. The on-call person would text to see if we would pick up hours.
Pros
pretty artwork
Cons
standing all day on the hardwood floors
Terrible and unorganized work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2018
Aegis has very rude and unprofessional employees working inside of their main office. It's a family owned business that treats their non-family members horribly.
Pros
Cons
They will talk to you as if you're beneath them.
A good place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Downtown Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I have never had an issue with aegis protective services. They pay you decent and wages and offer benefits. The main office has nice people that are willing to assist you in getting to work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Small pay
Worst Security Company Ever
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Florence KYJanuary 22, 2018
This place is a joke. I would never recommend this company to anyone. The management is a total joke along with the entire HR dept..I was promised outcomes that were never met. Was not paid for hours worked. And insulted by upper management.
Relaxed
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJanuary 11, 2018
In charge of securing an empty warehouse. pretty easy, pretty much just getting paid to sit here on my computer. I walk around the building and make sure every things okay once every 2 hours. I work third shift so i do have trouble reaching HR sometimes even when i leave voice mails, they always eventually get ahold of me though or vice versa. My relief is late almost every day, and I have to stay here till she arrives which is SUPER annoying. but other than that its a really laid back job
Pros
alone, relaxed
Cons
management
typical security company
Command Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2018
They will lie to you. When initially hired I was told that I would only be a dispatcher temporarily, and that I would move into another job. I never did get that job although I was repeatedly told to just wait a short while and I would
Pros
Cons
everything
stressful
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2018
The environment is stressful with no management support. Once you start working training doesn't occur. You take on a promotion and you are on your own without support. This is not a healthy environment, no team work, no support and if a mistake is made they separate themselves from their employees.
Pros
salary
Cons
no managment support
Fun, quiet environment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2018
A great place to work, I believe personally. I am constantly surrounded by tons and tons of knowledge. I help children in need and i make money all at the same time. The company takes care of me for the most part as well as any company I have ever worked for. I have only been here for a few months, but I am loving it an don't see myself going anywhere.
Pros
happy people and great hrs
Cons
Work on Saturdays.
Disappointing
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 1, 2018
They charge a $100. uniform deposit and rarely return them. (Even if uniforms were returned dry cleaned.) If you give them a two week notice of quitting, they will hold both of your checks until they get their uniforms back. On third shift they paid the person who works one hour (comes in at 11pm the day of the holiday)of the holiday for the entire time and a half holiday pay. (The person who works 12am to 7am on the holiday is working for straight time. They hire anyone, even people who tell them they are going on vacation, or will be going back to school and quitting in a month or two.
Pros
If you need lots of hours, this is the company.
Cons
Listed above. Also bad health insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Protective Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9