Aegis Sciences Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Mass Spec (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 9, 2018
If you dont go to days immediately, prepare to get on management's bad side because 'they dont really know you'...which is how they promote people. They go around and ask your co-workers "What do you think of this person?"

There is too much to say about this company and most of it is poor. The only benefit is the PTO but they combine it with sick leave and make it impossible to take off or dont approve it in time for your trip.
Pros
Occasional catered meals
Current Employee
Collection Technician (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 9, 2018
I have actively enjoyed working with Aegis Sciences Corporation and I look forward to many more years to be with them. I just wish that I could get into a faster facility. Fingers crossed that a position will come available near me so that I can relocate and stay more busy. But overall no complaints, I love my job.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 20, 2018
Working at Aegis Sciences Corporation was a wonderful opportunity. The people were wonderful and there was always something to do to fill the work hours of the day.
Pros
work while taking lunch occasionally, good lunch breaks
Boot Camp
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 8, 2018
Too many people in management positions (supervisors, team leads, and asst team leads). There are as many people in management positions as there are real workers. They need to remove the team leads because they just take credit for what the real workers do and get generous bonuses. Micro managed constantly. A lot of jealousy and brown nosing.
Pleasant and productive
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 24, 2018
It was a pleasant happy place to work. Patients were kind and some were very funny. I liked my job. The people I worked for and had to call for information were very kind and helpful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Quality Control Chemist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2018
A great place to work. Salary is a little below average. Lots of young people. High turnover rate most people only last 1 to 3 years. Great entry level job.
Semi-autonomous
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2017
Lacking a Work Order system, one was entrusted to interact with customers and get whatever needed to be done in a timely fashion; materials and tools were always promptly provided. Outside the labs the culture was laid back.
Pros
Some freebies, not much stress, overall
Cons
Health care industry volatile, private equity firm made many cuts
excellent position to work in opportunities to learn
Collection Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 20, 2017
Employment with this company has been awesome. I work in a client office I meet new people everyday. The opportunity to learn everyday is great. I work alone at this location but I react with a variety of people daily.
Pros
Work alone and with others
Cons
Cant think of one
Dishonest management along with a constant environment of negativity
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2017
Unfortunately, a snake got into the head position at Aegis and pretty much ruined everyone in her path. She even fired the man who started the whole company. I know many people that are currently suing Aegis for wrongful termination.
4 Years
FIELD SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2017
Geat Company, Treats their employees above and beyond! Always learning new things. Management is wonderful as well, big company but that is not always a bad thing!
Independence
Collection Technician-Remote (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYNovember 16, 2017
As a third party entity, you are basically your own boss. This was my favorite job that I have had. Unfortunately, advancement is practically unheard of.
Entry level
Certifying Scientist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Pays better than anyone in Davidson County.
Management is about 50 people and the only need 5.
Christmas and Thanksgiving off.
Great starting job for those just out of college.
Big Culture Change with New Manangement
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 18, 2017
I worked as a remote employee for the first 2 years and it was great with quarterly bonuses and great incentives. Annual Christmas Party and Company Picnic as well. (Most of the positive reviews are from remote workers/collection technicians because they don't work directly at Aegis, they work in a clients office that hires Aegis for their drug testing)

Started working for the corporate office in 2015 and it was still great until CEO/founder and president left in 2016, it went downhill fast. Hired more sales oriented people and employees were pushed to work more and almost every incentive offered was taken away. Pressured to complete a very unrealistic amount of work in an 8 hour shift. Micromanaging and unprofessionalism are very common. No work/home life balance. If you're family oriented this is not the company to work for. If you like walking on eggshells everyday this is the place for you.
Pros
Knowledge of how a toxicology lab works
Cons
Major micromanaging/ management abuses their authority, no home/work life balance
Great Place
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2017
I worked remotely in a doctors office and I absolutely loved it. They pay very well, 40 hour weeks with a lot of PTO, and you work what your office works.
Pros
free lunches, Pto, 401k, Insurance
Cons
No overtime is allowed
Most irritating job ever
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 7, 2017
The management at this company is terrible. If you want to be paid well and have every movement you make watched and criticized then this is the job for you.
ok work place
Forensic Mass Spectometrist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
This place was great for experience. I learn a lot about the field there. Long hours were required and a large work load is as well. As long as you do your job, there is room for growth.
Great Company
Collection Technician (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 28, 2017
Loved working for this company. This company is involved with community outreach. They are employee friendly. They offer good benefits. Management is great!
Awesome place to work!!!!
Healthcare Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2017
Great benefits, great leadership, amazing company culture with tons of advancement opportunities. Team mates are productive and helpful, great work-life balance as well.
ok!
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2017
Aegis is a great company to work for if you have a great RSM. Over all the corporate office care's nothing about the lively hood of its staff which isn't corporate. You have no room to grow with the company and they DO NOT HAVE YOUR BACK.
Pros
Great company when it comes to f/t schedules
Cons
They dont have your.
Cannot recommend this place to anyone
Manager - Projects (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 6, 2017
I have been here for 2 1/2 years and have moved on due to the following:

1.) Poor work/life balance - they take it for granted that you are just crazy to work 70 - 80 hrs per week on salary.

2.) Management - this place is very political and do not even think about a promotion unless you are an upper level manager's drinking pal.

3.) Communication - you never know what is going on or what you will do today, let alone tomorrow.

4.) Low pay - this one amazes me the most, given they are in a highly competitive market like Nashville

The bottom line - take your talent somewhere else, that will value your contributions as an employee and facilitate that good work/life balance that you made career choices to have for yourself.
Pros
Cons
See my post

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Sciences Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight