Aegis Sciences Corporation Employee Reviews

I love my job
Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2019
Everybody who I have come in contact with through this company has been nothing but nice and helping with anything I may need. My recruiter especially goes above and beyond to make sure I have everything that I need.
Was a good company
Certifying Scientist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2019
It was a good company with a nice CEO , Then he left and they started cutting down benefits starting from quarterly bonuses to Christmas bonuses family picnic and yearly party. None of that exists now. It’s a very stressful Job if you are just trying to work hard and mind your business, but if you know how to kiss A.. you will do great there
Great company, bad management
Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2019
I worked at Aegis back in 2016-2017 & I was let go because we had lost a big client. In November 2018 I was asked to come back to work for the company as they had a full time position opening. I went back and was greeted by a new manager. At first, he was nice & professional. Then, he quickly changed. Knowing about the doctors appointments I had to have he became tired of it. Once we hired a PTO employee who could cover shifts wherever needed, he still made big deals about it. He would then tell a fellow coworker of mine that he didn't understand why I was trying to get pregnant since we aren't married. He told this fellow employee again that I was pregnant when I hadn't yet since we had just found out & we ended up losing the baby. He bombarded me at 4:30 on a Friday evening (shifts end at 5pm) and began to tell me how he got an email about how I was hanging outside of my "room" (office) and how the HR department in which we were contracted in didn't like me. He finally told me at 5pm that I was fired for not being able to stay in my room secluded from everyone else for 9 hours every single day. I would go out occasionally and speak to some of the girls for a minute or so and then go right back to my room.

I loved the company and everything they stood for. Besides the terrible management by this new manager, everything else was ok. I will say that I had 35 hours of PTO time & when I signed my new hire paperwork it said that they are obligated to pay you atleast for 40 hours if you have over 40 hours of PTO. When I called and confirmed with HR they informed me that they
  more... recently changed their policies starting January 1st, 2019 that they are not obligated unless required by the state that they pay you out for that time.

Will never work for this company again even though I loved it. This last manager put a really bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
Good company, good pay, good benefits
Cons
bad management, poor decisions in offices, won't have your back as their employee.
Poor management with no advancement and little pay.
Accessioning Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 15, 2019
Here a list of all the negatives:
1. Management does not care about the employees. Only does what they think is best for making money for the company.
2. Raises don't exist.
3. Would rather fill new positions from outside the company than promote current employees.
4. Does not go out of the way to make employees feel wanted (used to do company picnics, have bonuses, company events)
5. Has removed multiple departments of the company.
6. Makes changes to company without informing employees until the change has been implemented.
7. Forces employees to do mandatory shift changes.

Positives:
None, this company has gone downhill since I started.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, no room to grow
Work here if you've given up hope in having a career
Forsenic Evidence technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 7, 2019
Company doesn't care about their employees or treating well. They only care about upper management, plus upper management is super disconnected from their employees. When attempting to speak with management you get ignored or they're always busy. Favoritism shows like crazy, there's no advancement possible unless you know people. Having a degree here is useless, you get better treated working a minimum wage job then you do here. Getting a raise is a myth, you have a better chance of running into Gandalf or Pikachu.
Pros
Free coffee and coworkers
Was once wonderful
Accessioning Technician/Biochemist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2019
When I was hired I didn’t love working with human fluids, but it was work it for all the great perks. Free lunches on Saturdays, monthly cookouts, snacks at daily meetings. We even had a night shift differential that made working long hours and weekends worth it. All of that has disappeared, and people are getting laid off. It has all become about the money for upper management. It’s very sad.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Money focused, doesn’t care about employees
A busy and productive place to work.
Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37228March 23, 2019
A typical day includes obtaining UA's of clients at the White Earth MAT Program. This includes following an order for the urine and obtaining client signature, observing the UA, and submitting the UA samples to Aegis.
Pros
Independent work site, wonderful supervisor.
Good customer focused and ethical company
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 19, 2019
Great company to work for, good management overall. Not too much micromanagement, sales goals are generally realistic and the pay is good. You can make quite a lot if you sell well.
fun place to work
Specimen Technician, Biological Technicians (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2019
I loved the work worked in mental health clinics and worked at my own pace. No one looking over your sholder and the people at the clinics were great.
Don't waist your time filling out an application
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 27, 2019
This company used to be a great place to work. Then the CEO/founder of the company was replaced, now it's all about the money. They're laying people off left and right, not because they hit hard times but to save money due to selling soon. In the past 3 months they have laid off 60 people. Everyone is quitting as well, it's a hostile work environment at this point, everyone is over worked and stressed.
Pros
My coworkers were awesome!
Cons
Upper management doesn't care about employees
N/a
President/Chief Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2019
High quality team and company. Solid culture and mission. Challenging environment is difficult to manage and sometimes reflects in management style.
N/a
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2019
It is a good company to work for. They give you opportunities to move up within the company. Management is great to work with. I have not had any issues with the employees within the company.
Na
Cash Receipts Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2019
I learned how to manage and work project management. I enjoyed learning about the overall about the company and be involved with projects to make a difference.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Expectations
Great place before changes
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 25, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Changes at CEO has made a negative impact on culture and overall morale for staff. Working with the fear of uncertainty of job future is unsettling.
Pros
The people. Above average pay. Great entry level for new scientists.
Cons
Benefits increases, High Turnover, Fear of losing job, New managment.
Wonderful summer internship
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2018
I got the opportunity to work in the field I'm studying most importantly but the management was good and there was lots of over time and incentives available. Management put a lot of effort into making it a fun place to be.
Pros
Free lunches twice a week, lots of over time incentives
Unstable
Inside Sales Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 14, 2018
Job security is unstable and limited growth opportunities. Continuous hire numerous positions and layoff. HR department does not work to the benefit of the employees.
Good First Job
Forensic Mass Spectrometrist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 11, 2018
It was a great first job, managers choose favorites. Very petty environment. Working nights was great, less management and more ability to troubleshoot analyzers.
Great place to build experience in the medical laboratory.
Forensic Immunochemist I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 28, 2018
This is a great place to establish a career in a chemical based medical laboratory. The opportunities for advancement are present but very difficult to get time in train in other departments and receive promotions.
Pros
treat and reward workers well.
Cons
fast paced
Was great while it lasted
Forensic Mass Spectrometrist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
I worked at Aegis before the transition to a more healthcare oriented company (i.e. before they began phasing out the crimes and sports divisions). I absolutely loved my job. There was a lot of involvement between laboratory employees and management and a good culture all around. There were plenty of opportunities to learn and advance within the job (I advanced after just over a year on the job). Unfortunately the culture completely changed one the majority shareholder changed. This is why I left the company. The only issue I had prior to the company changing, was the pay. The pay was a little lower than I would expect for the required education and experience - you can work at Hobby Lobby and make near the same amount.
Aegis was a great place to work
Vice President, Sales (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2018
Enjoyed my 10 years at Aegis working with a motivated leadership team and highly successful sales team. Company competed in a highly competitive industry and we were able to adapt to the ever changing landscape. Sales department worked closely with all departments to make sure we achieved our goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Sciences Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Aegis Sciences Corporation Reviews by Location