Aegis Therapies Employee Reviews

Productivity
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 14, 2019
They remove eval Times from productivity, so it’s like you are punished for doing evals. The eval is completed using clinical reasoning skills. They once had a talk with me about productivity and my productivity is 85-92%. If I had know this going in, I probably would not have accepted the position. However, I really like the DOR and coworkers.
Pros
DOR and coworkers
Cons
Taking away time for the eval. Crazy
Very professional work place
COTA (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Love the company, though I needed advancement.
Flexibility to plan work day was not flexible.
Boss and therapist were very personable.
Benefits were rewarding.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Scheduled work day.
Geriatric Care
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMDecember 14, 2018
Small gym environment in quite medium sized nursing facility. Supporting staff with manager on site however gives you space to complete activities and supportive when given critic and exchanging ideas. Regional management not seen in the facility in the year + employed.
No appreciation, no carrer advancement options,
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 7, 2018
Worked for a long time for aegis.. can honestly say that the upper management has no idea what is going on with their employees and I dont think they care to know. As long as you are hitting the numbers they dont care.. no raises for almost 6 years.. stopped matching the 401k that they used to.. new employees make more than long standing loyal employees! Staffing ratios are all they care about!
Worked in different buildings with the same company and they have the best rehab teams that really care about the residents.
The management makes up their own rules as they go along.. different for different buildings.. and the micromanagement is the worst.. and I'm not kidding when I say they micromanage.. people from other states will tell you why you should make higher rug levels on residents they dont know.. its beyond ridiculous!
Pros
Best rehab teams, PTO policies are good
Cons
Micromanagement, employees are just numbers, no appreciation of employees
A great company.
Lead Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLDecember 7, 2018
I would still be employed for Aegis. It is the best therapy company to work for. If the company had not lost the contract, I would still be employed with them.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Loss of contract
Good company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 3, 2018
Good company structure however low pay rate with lack of opportunity for raises over time with yearly review. Provides educational programs for employees and exceptional equipment for patients.
Pros
New exercise equipment
Cons
Low pay
Great company
Regional Sales Manager, Northeast (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2018
Aegis Therapies was a great company to work for. I learned a great deal on contract negotiations, building a c-suite customer base and closing over 3 million in sales annually.
never worked for Ageis Therapy
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 16, 2018
I never worked at this place and I think its being confussed with Aegis Assited Living. I was a maintenance director for a assited living facility for a few years for the same company at two different locations.
Overall good
Software Developer/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 8, 2018
It was overall a good experience I met some great people that have a laid back attitude and take every challenge one day at a time. You won't regret working for Aegis.
Great management and course offerings
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2018
Great education opportunities and clinical leaders. very supportive co-workers and organized departments. DOR's are very competent and schedules are completed upon arrival at work.
Great place and people to work with
PTA (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 5, 2018
Great place and people to work with. I was hoping to grow with the company. My area manager was awesome Reada was his name. I had to relocate and that was my main reason for leaving the company.
Bad higher managment caused me to lose my job over maternity leave
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARNovember 2, 2018
It should have been saved & waiting for me when I returned to work. Instead, the first day back I was told the job would be very part time. & then later I was told that they didn't need any help yet they hired two new employees with the same credentials. The male who had 1/2 the education I had got hired at almost double the pay according to him. The employees on site were not reprimanded. The white females who were single seemed to get picked on. The younger they were, the worse it was.
Poor managment
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 27, 2018
Your expected at Aegis to perform beyond possible expectations. some of the employees are very cruel but some of the employees are very good. It's a great company with lots of benefits and advantages as well as good pay. I would have stayed there my entire career if it would have not been for two really cruel employees that needed gotten rid of and the company would not do it. Before I left three different employees with 45 years of Aegis experience combined quit all because of the problem of working with these two terrible employees as well as Directors of rehab stepping down all because they could not do anything with these two employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
employees
I loved working with Aegis Therapies
PTA, Student PTA Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 2, 2018
The finest rehab professionals ever in one place. Outstanding results, very clean facilities. Excellent learning opportunities, superior management.
good place to work
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 11, 2018
When I first started here we were like a family.. We had Christmas, thanksgiving, Halloween, all holidays together. It was great. things changed as everyone got different jobs, but still a great place
Used to be a good employer, turned into profit hungry and horrible management at all levels.
Physical therapist (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 8, 2018
Assistants are DORs which poses ethical concerns in the clinic. Upper management only listens to the DORs. The entire focus is on the IPads, not on quality of care. Once hired you will have to travel to other buildings too. No 401k match. No raises.
Pros
Nautilus equipment for geriatric strengthening.
Cons
Horrible management at all levels, Travel required to other buildings, Unethical push of home health.
hours of work
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 8, 2018
high expectation of hours that need to be worked with minimal time to be home with family and raise kids. Do not appreciate working so many weekends and every holiday.
Overall good company to work for
Physical Therapist Assistant (Inpatient SNF) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 30, 2018
Overall great company to work for and great vacation package. I don't have anything bad to say about the company. I would work for them again if the compensation package was a little higher.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
compensation
Good pay for PRN assistants
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 24, 2018
Good pay for PRN assistants, good working experiences with good working environment. As a PRN assistant I have had little to no issues with virtually anything at this company.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Bi-weekly pay checks
Good company, unstable structure
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 11, 2018
Company had good benefits and pay, however the company went through several times of restructure while I was employed there. Job was not stable which caused much stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight