Aegis Therapies

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Pays the bills

I enjoy what I do but would much rather do something else. There really isn't much job security also.

Good co-workers, experience, little room for advancement, no raises in years, no holiday compensation despite working on holidays being required.

Workdays are flexible here, coworkers are friendly and helpful, DOR is amazing but not enough to stay. Good benefits and compensation for Licenses. Great experience for new grad with a varied caseload, but leave as soon as you can. You will be better compensated no matter where you go once you get some experience.There are yearly reviews but you are not compensated for meeting or exceeding standards. Holidays are required to work but no holiday pay; you must use your PTO or work a weekend to cover it (may just be this location, but would be good to ask before taking the job).

Pros

-Flexible schedule for therapists -Friendly co-workers, -Great experience for new grads, -Varied Caseload, -Good benefits

Cons

-No room for advancement, -Required working holiday without adequate compensation, -No raises

Flexible work hours but due to PDPM, weekly schedule can be difficult.

It’s a good company to work for. In my area, productivity was relative to the work you are tasked with. Benefits kept getting worse due to changes with Medicare and pay cuts were made. It’s a private company, so overall you can’t see their portfolio, meaning we don’t really know what profits they make and if they are paying their staff salaries as fair as they can. It’s a contract company and the facility I worked for was really fun and the facility treated us very well. That was the fun part. They changed their continuing education benefits and got a contract with relias. Although aegis provided live courses, due to the lack of live courses from relias, it was still limited to the core practices they had and that was frustrating for growth. They encourage growth clinically and operationally, but again limited to what they already have in place.

Pros

PTO for long term employees are good, Flexible hours depending on DOR, Can transfer to other areas that have available positions within the company.

Cons

Pay cuts. Benefits kept getting worse and less beneficial for their staffs. Private company, you don’t know what they profits are so you never know if they are paying their staff right.

Every day I left feeling like a failure, even though I had provided great therapeutic treatments for my patients.

It's impossible to ethically meet productivity requirements. I always worked during my lunch break (unpaid) and did most of my documentation after clocking out. When clocking out the program made us "agree" working off-the-clock was against company policy, which was to cover them legally. Many therapists were willing to or had to bend the rules to get in the treatment minutes required for insurance reimbursement and to meet productivity.

Pros

Very good free CEU training, enough to cover all my state licensing requirements.

Cons

Unrealistic productivity requirements.

Less than stellar. The PT is also the front desk, insurance authorization collector, marketer, housekeeping PLUS the PT.

My DOR is flexible with scheduling so I can flex my time to come in early or leave late based on caseload needsThey are not a "mill" because it is never or rarely extremely busy at the locations I've worked at, just have the normal expectations of productivityFacilitates/forces independence and autonomy from the PT - forces you to push yourself to stay up on your skills since you are often not working with a team as a contractorPoor organization amongst the company as a whole from the top down. They set up contracts with multiple locations then fail to follow-through on the expectations of the contracts per site that they've established themselves with. For example, I arrived to one location who hadn't even decided where they wanted to put the rehab room yet. Then when they decided, Aegis had me, the PT, build equipment then organize the gym, decorate it, market their services to the building, learn how to do insurance authorization intake forms, and THEN learn the duties of an actual physical therapist... I was cheap labor.Part B services aren't fully covered like Part A in many buildings so patients refuse care secondary to co-pays. It gets frustrating.Minimal to no training or on-boarding. "Figure it out yourself," is basically the motto.Slow internet/EMR

Pros

autonomy, lax with scheduling, pay is decent, decent PTO, cool PTAs

Cons

terrible organization from the top down, poor communication, boring, cases aren't fun or difficult, very basic so I feel like I have lost skills as a therapist, terrible follow-through on contracts with other companies, co-pays for patients

Good Longstanding therapy provider, easy to transfer to another area/state

Interview Process for Rehab Director is a bit tedious and not well structured, the panel interview is not a comfortable experience for a potential director and can make them reconsider the position.

Pros

Good upper management support in Georgia

Cons

Limited breaks or lunches for salary employees, Should not have or factor in productivity of Rehab Director for the entire team Productivity, as it isn't fair to them. The productivity is manageable if the patient schedule is correct, and the facility team members work well with the therapy team.

Supportive management

Always ahead on changes and requirements needed. Supportive management and staff. HR is always quick to respond. Good CE support. Flexible schedule . Might have to travel to get hours .

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay

Productivity requirements for slightly less than industry standard.

They offer good clinical programs and clinical support. Employees are kept in the loop weekly of any changes which was especially important during Covid. Productivity requirements for slightly less than industry standard.

Pros

Slightly lower than industry standard productivity requirement

Cons

Inconsistent hours, Pay was not competitive

Tough location with little support from management

I work in a hard to staff building and I don't feel we have the support we need from the client or management. Aegis corporate is willing to make whatever sacrifices necessary to maintain a contract at the expense of its therapist's needs. I was low-balled when I started but I was a new grad and did no effectively negotiate. My DOR helped me get a couple raises but I am still significantly underpaid and everyone recently had a 3.5% pay cut due to COVID-19 and profit loss from PDPM. My coworkers are very helpful and supportive which is the only reason most people stay at this facility. Several of my coworkers have been working for Aegis for 10+ years and have not received a raise or any type of advancement. I started here as a new grad to get experience but I will be moving on soon because I am burned out with SNF/LTC and I can get much better pay with less stress.

Pros

Flexible schedule, supportive coworkers

Cons

Low pay, pressure from management

Great location and team

I have just recently started working for this company but already feel like part of a team. The facility I work at is great. Both management and staff are so supportive and helpful. They make sure I have everything I need to be successful. My immediate supervisor has been wonderful at providing positive feedback and appreciation. Upper regional manager even sent a hand written card to my home thanking me for my hard work. I am so happy I came to work for Aegis.

Pros

Very supportve co-workers and management

Cons

The healthcare environment can be stressful

poor management . no staff appreciation

the management staff don't care much about staff or happiness of employees. basically care about productivity and the bottom line to earn as much money for the company as possible.

Pros

not many

Cons

poor working condition, high productivity, no breaks.

Overall good company to work for.

Aegis is a good company to work for. The problem is executing their mission at the location you're working at. Since I'm a contracted employee for another company, the staff at the place I'm working haven't always showed their support for my position. I was hired as a Lifestyle and Health Coordinator. In my interview, I was told I'd be doing wellness activities along with some traditional activities you'd see in assisted living facilities. The reality is I'm mostly doing traditional assisted living activities. My manager said as long as I had a background in physical activity I would be fine and I didn't need experience as an activities director. After having worked here for almost a year, I disagree since 10% of my job is wellness/exercise related.

Pros

Rewarding at times.

Cons

Job doesn't align with what I thought I was hired to do.

Good work life/ balance structure

The pros of working for this company is that they are accommodating to days off for family/ personal appointments when needed. Direct manager does not try to micro manage the team. Productivity expectations are higher for this company though than others I’ve worked at.

Pros

Flexible with schedule

Cons

Insurance cost is high

Do. Not. Work. For. Aegis.

Terrible pay. Unrealistic expectations. No pay raises, no holiday pay, no bonuses, no PTO pay out. No pay if you get COVID. All they care about is the bottom line. That’s all. Pay cuts due to COVID across the board. Low minutes with bad patient outcomes due to 25/30 minute treatments. Poor communication from management. Sub-par training and orientation. No incentives or equity for an employee. No compassion. No rewards for doing well. You’re just a worker and that’s it. Terrible place and company to work for. Don’t do it.

Pros

Being a therapist and caring about your patients is all you will have.

Cons

All bad. Terrible company to work for.

Unrealistic demands

Constantly asking more of employees without giving incentives. Upper management isn’t supportive. PDPM changed things for the worse. Patients aren’t receiving as good of care

Stay Away

Current and soon to be ex employee. I worked for Aegis before in the early 2000’s at that time was a good company flash forward to today and a different company. The companies main goal is the bottom line period however they have to do it ethical or unethical. Just in my short time my area lost 50% of their staff did management wonder why or care not at all. Pay was cut due to COVID even before way below market value. Productivity 90% and you’ll here about it on a daily basis. New DOR hired with no clue on running a department. Schedules wrong on a daily basis and patient frequencies missed. My best advice is to steer clear of this company.

Cons

Definitely about the bottom line

Okay. Good about hiring new grads, but there’s a reason for that! They take advantage of desperation. Not great work/life balance. Ridiculous hoops to jump through to take PTO.

Pros

Hires new grads

Cons

Terrible work/life balance

Stressful

Upper management is awful, high productivity requirements, pushed to do treatments I didn’t feel comfortable doing. They only care about the money, not their employees or patients. Benefits weren’t bad. Lack of raises.

Pros

Benefits weren’t bad, continuing Ed, PTO time

Cons

Upper management is awful

Good intentions

The company has good intentions and has very good programs for therapists to utilize. The rest depends on location and therapy/nursing team for the quality of patient care.

It was a good place for me to start

Aegis was the company who hired me from overseas and they really took care of us. There was a great but they started losing contracts so I had to leave.

Great learning opportunity

AVP was always willing to answer my questions and address my needs. She was very supportive and praised when appropriate. Never felt pushed or pressured.

Pros

Learning opportunity

Cons

Stressful at times.

Common questions about Aegis Therapies

Answered by current and former employees at Aegis Therapies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8
2.8

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight