Aegis Therapies Employee Reviews

Good company, unstable structure
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 11, 2018
Company had good benefits and pay, however the company went through several times of restructure while I was employed there. Job was not stable which caused much stress.
Aegis
Wellness & Activities Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2018
Very low pay for my position with not much extra help. Lower than the average in the city for this type of job. No yearly raises, so no incentive to stay.
Compensated well
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAAugust 10, 2018
The therapy team works together. Manager was approachable and takes care of the staff needs. I like my co workers. Corporate responds quickly to questions and needs.
First Job out of school
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 6, 2018
They hired a new grad at a decent salary. They have many facility making 8 hours or more easy to obtain. Facility are mostly update and they ofter have great options in modalities.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 5, 2018
This is a quick paced setting with lots of responsibility. Rehab is very good at focusing on patients needed. All employees are very kind and hard working.
Small nursing home with comfortable caseload.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 22, 2018
Most enjoyable: Great patients with supportive interdisciplinary team.
Very knowledgeable RPT to work with.

Hardest part of job:
Department lacked equipment.
Hours were reduced from part-time to PRN without warning due to restructuring of district.
Unrealistic productivity requirements..
Pros
Supportive team.
Cons
Lack of communication between sites.
good place to work
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSJuly 22, 2018
Worked for them for almost 10 years. I have had a good experience. I set my own hours and had to do a lot of traveling, which I enjoy. I work at nursing facilities and home health.
Good exposure to a wide variety of medical conditions.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 20, 2018
Good exposure to a wide variety of medical conditions - ranging from medically complex and deconditioned to higher level patients. Good cultural exposure.
Unethical , Fraudulent
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bellair, FLJuly 5, 2018
The productivity standards throughout the therapy industry has a direct correlation on the quality of care and the appropriate time a therapist can do their job. The high productivity expectations at Aegis at this acute setting by management is unethical.
Pros
Cons
Be prepared to work off the clock
No cost of living raises, no retirement match
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2018
They enticed us with paying for some relocation and fairly competitive starting wage, which lead us to believe it was a financially stable and supportive company, but they don't match ANY retirement or even give cost of living raise. NOTHING. Not even 1% and have been there over 2 years so we don't expect any soon. Ridiculous.

The company could save turnover costs if they actually invested in their current employees.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Hardly any benefits one would expect from professional organization
see below
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Newton, MAJuly 2, 2018
Productive. current co-workers fun to work with but high turn over of upper managerment made it difficult.. High work load. ie caseload.
Poor vacation days.
Work environment was stressful and when injured on the job Aegis denied workman's comp and did not support me thereafter.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 1, 2018
The work environment was stressful and demanding. The management was not good - it felt like management was trying to force me out after I was injured on the job.
Pros
benefits and salary, nice facilities to practice PT.
Cons
Stressful work environment and management was cut throat.
All about the numbers
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 30, 2018
Poor clinically driven decisions made by management and not what is best for patient. Expect to do only paperwork if you are a therapist as push is to have more assistants and less registered therapists.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Poor management especially on upper level, they need to trim the fat on the top not therapists who are the drive behind your revenue
Poor management and poor training
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJune 28, 2018
I was trained very poorly and I was not given instructions on what it was exactly I was supposed to do. Management was micromanaging and not around for support. I worked with great people but the management and the training didn't set me up for success at all.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor management and training
Great environment and an amazing team
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 25, 2018
I had the privilege to work for Aegis for a little over a year. The work environment was great everyday. Communication from top to bottom was outstanding. Would definitely work for the company again
Great therapists to work with, however multiple turnovers with upper management.
REGISTERED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 18, 2018
Great place to work. However, multiple turnovers with upper management during my employment. Benefits such as holiday pay and yearly raises was non existent.
Pros
Great group of therapists to work with
Great team
PRN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
Great programs for patient growth with swallowing and cognitive linguistics. They recognize their employees with employee of the year. Great motivation and support with in the company.
Pros
Patient programs
Cons
Pct
REHABILITATION AIDE (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 6, 2018
Great work environment and coworkers. Had an almost family like feel to it. Everyone helps to achieve the goal of getting patients to their best quality of independence.
Not a good company to work for
PTA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 6, 2018
Although payed vacation was a “benefit” for working for aegis, requests were never granted. Health insurance was also a “benefit” they provided but to add a family member is impossible. Everyone on our team was denied additions to our health insurance. Upper management gave the impression that they would be able to fix the situation, but ultimately provided no help. Working for aegis is working for a company that treats you as if you are dispensable and unappreciated as a person.
Pros
Opportunities are available to advance your clinical knowledge
Clinical Practice Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 5, 2018
Skilled nursing can be a difficult environment but this company gives many opportunities and resources to help clinicians advance their clinical skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aegis Therapies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight