AEGON Employee Reviews

Great company
Director (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2018
A great company with a great management team. I loved my time at this company. Workday was 7am to 5pm. Most enjoyable part of the day was working on a great team
Micro managed
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 14, 2018
Not a pleasant work environment, constantly tracked by management.
If we were off the phones to long the manager would find us, even in the restrooms
Not a good place.
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 12, 2018
I did not enjoy my time at Aegon. Training was not effective and there is a lot of turnover and very little job security. I was not happy with my time there.
Senior Agent Representative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 22, 2018
They cared for their employees and made sure that they were shown how much they were thankful for all that they did. Everyone was friendly and got a long and helped each other.
productive and had fun
Document Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2018
Aegon and Transamerica are the same company. They changed there name back in 1999. They were a good company to work for and got along with all staff and management.
Experiences vary greatly
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 13, 2018
In my time with the company I've had some managers that took interest in my personal and professional growth and have helped me along while others did not. Opportunities for advancement are plentiful as long as you are willing take the initiative.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Management development
Good Collaborative Environment
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 24, 2018
Work load was balanced well. Steady state was the general feel - take the long look and do it once. Great group of people to work with. The company takes time to involve their employees.
Started out great but then agents were prohibited from proactively selling which adversely effected commissions.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 2, 2018
This was a great company to work for when I started seven years ago. The company paid for my licensing, the hours were fair, selling to and servicing of the customers was a perfect fit. In 2015 my division was prohibited from proactively soliciting and selling new policies. The commission structure changed several times and in 2017 was eliminated completely. The company made several big changes all at once and it was difficult to get reliable information to function properly.
Pros
Good hours, able to help and service customers, work from home option, location
Cons
Complete change of job function, overuse of buzzwords to compensate for corporate restructures, inadequate staffing for call volume, micromanaged scheduling
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinDecember 29, 2017
It was a good place to work but it was a contract for me. The coma you culture was dependent on the department you worked in. I had interaction with different departments across different countries
Insurance and Annuity company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 13, 2017
My day was spent processing the money that our clients sent in to be added to their annuities. I was also responsible to reporting that money to the IRS on a form 5498. In addition to this, I cross trained on other positions within my department to become more helpful in keeping the workflow going in someone's absence.
My supervisor at the time was very friendly and down to earth. She was easy to talk to.
Pros
Earned rewards and recognition
Expectations are too high
Remittance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 12, 2017
Transamerica was a company that used to be the best place to work and then new upper management came in and made sure it was just a typical Corporation with no care for their employees. The management team is just as over worked as their employees and have time no time to help with questions. You are required to work a lot of overtime with no acknowledgement of you hard work but plenty of negativity if you do something wrong. They have been laying off for the last two years and those layoffs are still continuing.
Pros
Benefits - PTO, Insurance, Pension Plan
Cons
Overtime, pay, lack of leadership
Already answered
Paralegal/Special Inquiries (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 26, 2017
I believe I already answered this query in another location. I enjoyed working at AEGON and had a thoroughly engaging experience with the company and learned a lot through their availability of educational programs.
Claims administrator
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 22, 2017
Arrived early and processed the next claims in my stack of work-they might have been disability or life insurance claims. On occasion, also folded check to be mailed to clients.
Was a fun place to work
Research Annuity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 24, 2017
Was a fast paced place to work, with lots of opportunities to grow with in.I enjoyed my fellow coworkers and management was great!
It had difficult moments when trying to reach out to Insurance companies to locate funds for clients
Pros
Cafe, Dragon Boat races
Its ok company
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 8, 2017
I worked at Aegon full-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
You will be recognized for your work and efforts
Cons
in 1 year they laid off their employees 5 times,
Insurance Call Center
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 28, 2017
In July 1999, Aegon acquired Transamerica, one of the best-known insurers in the United States, and a company with a rich history of its own. There is a call center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 4, 2017
My experience isn’t very current with this company. They are located in Cedar Rapids Iowa. The employees in the accounting area are very knowledgable.
Productive and balanced out work culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  West BengalJuly 2, 2017
Aegon Religare is a very good place to work with. Reward and recognition is very good out there. Incentive structure is very good enough. Work culture is very good as we have worked there as a team and there is very good coordination and cooperation with other departments also. Meeting targets is the most hardest part of the job and meeting targets is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Foreign Trips.
Great place with lot of opportunities
Intermediate Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
I started at Aegon when is was Providian and I was still in High School. It was a great stepping stone and taught me priceless lessons and business agimen.
Very good Insurance Company to work with
Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 22, 2017
very challenging products to work with
all flavours of middleware technologies
very good management people
very interactive and team oriented company
i have enjoyed working far off the concrete city literally in fields of Cedar Rapids

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AEGON. Our community is ready to answer.