Aera Energy LLC Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Sr. Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93311August 3, 2019
Overall, Aera Energy is a good company to work for. It offers opportunities to learn new things and apply your knowledge. It is doing a good job in steering the company though the complex/toxic business environment toward oil industry existent in California. It can do a better job for the way it promotes people for management positions; the company culture toward a small pool of people "qualified" for management positions is not very effective. Because of that, many good and qualified people had chosen to leave the company. I think that is a pretty big loss for the company, itself.
Overall good company
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2019
The company is a good one and will take care of you. You have to live in Bakersfield which was one of my reasons for leaving. Also depending on your role you may find the work to be different than mine. I worked in a field location about an hour out of town. That was another driver for me leaving to change up the commute.
Excellent Company
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 25, 2018
Excellent company with advancement opportunities for all employees. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. On-site training is provided for employees. Computer based training is available for many skills.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Aera Energy is a very good to work for
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, CAOctober 28, 2018
Very good and professional staff, excellent benefits and retirement packages as well. They provide the necessary training needed for whatever position you obtain.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Work/Life Balance
SENIOR RELIABLITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  McKittrick, CAOctober 20, 2018
This company has great pay and benefits. They understand the work/life balance and accommodate accordingly.
There are a lot of meetings that can hider the amount of work that gets done.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Working at Aera was an ideal opportunity to hone my professional management skills.
Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 15, 2018
As a subject matter expert in electrical and mechanical construction at Aera, I led project teams through the scope phase contract, specifications, construction delivery, close-out and turnover phase to safely execute projects collaboratively on schedule and under budget.
Pros
I was exposed to diverse and complex projects which challenged me to think outside of the box.
Cons
Sometimes project funding would get delayed.
Great place to work for.
SSTPR Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  McKittrick, CASeptember 26, 2018
Aera Energy is a great company to work for. The typical day was slow paced for me, i wasn't being challanged. I learned a great deal working with Aera about the Oilfields. The people at Aera are great!
Pros
I loved the work environment.
Cons
The job was to slow paced for me.
productive and part of a team environment.
Team Lead Coastal Op (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 23, 2018
Aera operates by the following
Safety,Environment, Productivity. Training is the most important
aspect in your carrier. You're paid well to produce an exceptional
service.
Pros
Great work force.
Cons
Located in Bakersfield and Ventura
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 18, 2018
Supportive of work life balance, great pay and co-workers. Support career advancement and training. Leadership okay still old school chain pulling advancements
Pros
Work life balance
I worked with the best people and had the very best experience working at AERA. I moved back to Houston so I had to leave my job there :(
Dispatcher/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2018
I had the best coworkers and I learned SO much while working at AERA. We were always involved in something to better ourselves and grow for example Kaizen workshops or participating in random team building activities. It really was the best job I have ever worked, hands down.
General Information
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 16, 2018
This is a company on the cutting edge of science and LEAN culture. There are multiple fields and disciplines to work in and advance in. Always a challenging environment and looking for input to make changes in daily work to become more efficient.
Aera Energy
REVENUE ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 2, 2018
Aera Energy provided me the tools to advance in my accounting career.They believe in mentoring employees to their potential. Management may be too non committal at time, but they are always trying to improve management.
Terrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMay 12, 2018
Simply just run. Don’t even look at this place. You would think it would be amazing to work there.. just because of the doctors, but no. Front desk staff was the worst I ever came across, supervisor never trained.. just told you to pretty much figure it out. Hospital manager and front desk manager.. I wonder why they even have their jobs. Stay far away. This place kills the joy of the work.

Doctors are amazing.
Pros
Doctors
Cons
Everything else
Excellent pay and benefits, flexible work hours, overall great place to work!
EHS Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taft, CAMay 9, 2018
My 15 years with Aera were wonderful! The company is very family oriented and provides many family-based activities, from the yearly company picnic to the discounted trips to Disneyland throughout the year, and so much in between. I appreciated that as an employee, to feel that my company promoted family time as opposed to overtime.
Pros
Excellent benefits, flexible working hours, family oreinted, paid vacation
Cons
As with anywhere else, politics
no review
Human Resources Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2018
I am not providing a review at this time. I may follow up later with more perspective when compared to other opportunities. Thank you for the opportunity to add something here.
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 11, 2018
Good place to work. Great people. A lot of challenging work projects. Working as a contractor was not a very secure position to have. However the managers I had there were extremely helpful.
Poor management
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 1, 2018
Incompetent management. More stress on soft skills rather than technical competency. Limited opportunity for professional growth. No long term strategy.
Solid organization to work for
Engineering/Geological Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I had a good experience in my 15 years of work at Aera. Before retiring, I did leave the company for a couple of years to explore other opportunities but ended up returning for a more stable working situation. That being said, Aera continually requires employees to advance in a competitive and aggressive environment. This is somewhat positive, but it may also trigger constant stress and contribute to an unsatisfactory job accomplishment. Overall, Aera was one of the best work opportunities I have had in my career.
Great culture, great people - lack of technical development
Operations process supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Couldn't ask for better people or company culture - Aera invests heavily in it's 'soft skills' & personnel development. Lacking in technical positions
Pros
Work/life balance, compensation, culture
Cons
Limited technical positions, risk-averse management
Only works if your manager is progressive
N/A (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 13, 2017
Bad management; "diversity" doesn't include everyone. Favortism is a huge problem; speaking out is encouraged during orientation - after that, you are a pariah if you do.