aerie by American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

It was just okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJMay 17, 2019
I was really excited to start working at Aerie, but I was honestly disappointed. The first few months were fun and all, but once school started up again management wasn't very nice on helping me out with hours. I decided to quit because I value my schooling, so I can have a good job one day. The pay wasn't great either since we only made $8 an hour.
Pros
good discount
Cons
bad salary
Productive and uplifting staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 15, 2019
I really enjoyed working here and I still do work here. The staff is great to work with, they’re fun to be around and they make it feel like a home. The staff make you feel welcomed and safe always. The customers are very helpful when it’s come down to communication skills they helped me overcome my shyness.
Cons
Short breaks
Poor Management but good benefits
Floorset Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 11, 2019
They have a high turnover rate and that could be because of management and house. But the discounts do make it worth it. I only stayed there for the discounts.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short or no break
Not so bad (for a mall job)
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 18, 2019
The worst part about this type of job is that the management is constantly pushing and hounding their employees to push and hound the customers. I personally don't believe in that type of practice.

furthermore, this job felt a bit too youthful for me. Not that there's anything wrong with that for certain people.

Overall I don't have any major complaints. The biggest issue was that I could never get enough hours, which was frustrating. But, all in all, it was a decent job.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise.
Cons
Spent too much on merchandise.
Fun
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 15, 2019
I love it it is a fun and safe place to work. I do wish the pay was better especially for living in a more expensive place. I have never experienced a bad manager
Productive and fast paced job.
ASM Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMarch 5, 2019
I learned how to be a more efficient manager and time-management. How to communicate with customers and with associates. How to coach associates in a positive and productive way.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No overtime
West bab in aerie
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYMarch 4, 2019
It’s in a great spot and great employees. The store is on clearance and a lot of people coming in which makes fun of the day. It’s the best retail store in the USA .
Aerie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJFebruary 28, 2019
aerie was a good experience, I learned that no matter how bad you feel you should have something, or how hard you try to prove you've earned something, it doesn't mean that respect would be granted.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unappreciative management
easy to learn but not the right fit
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 27, 2019
It was fun to work there but I felt excluded from co-workers. No one really went out of their way to speak to me. A typical day was clocking in, talking to the manager, then starting. I learned how to communicate with customers better. The hardest part was not being able to really speak with anyone. I never learned to do anything different than fold the clothes. The most enjoyable was being able to help a customer find what they came for.
Pros
very good employee discounts
Cons
short breaks and communication
Rude Managers, no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 20, 2019
Rude Managers. unfriendly associates. Cheap quality products. They treat us sales associates like dirt. no benefits. typical day would be greeting and talking to customers, checking stock, starting fitting rooms, telling customers about our promotions, running cash register. Management only liked people who kissed up to them. Bad hours as well. Never working normal days. Hardest part of job would be rude management and rude demanding customers. most shifts the manager forgets to give me a break. 10 minutes for your shift, and if its over a 5 hour shift, then you get a 30 minute lunch.
Pros
decent discount, cute clothes, good positive brand message
Cons
short breaks, no comission, no benefits, kissups
Expected great results with little support
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 19, 2019
Management was removed from the actual demands on the field and expectations were high for the tools and hours given to support such high expectations. The culture of Aerie is positive, but the work expectations did not match the compensation.
Friendly staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I have never had a job where I actually can't wait to come back to work, everyone is so kind and genuine. They are very helpful and the mission of the store send a great message.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
retail
good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 15, 2019
staff is good, sometimes gets a little hectic but its retail. good for minors starting out and build customer service skills. as well as side job for easy money
Good job if it your first time in retail
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 9, 2019
American eagle is a very good first job. The only thing is that depending on your sales on AE credits or any other goals are not met, they would cut your hours. Also very little paid for ALL the work they make you do.
Part time sales job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 6, 2018
It’s your typical sales job. Mostly female so be weary there’s drama. Management can’t be management. They try to be your friend and then turn around and try to be management. Which frustrates half the staff. Come in party ready, and put the customer first. Pay is minimum wage and it’s not fair when new girls are get 8+ an hour and girls who have been there for years aren’t getting compensated for their time. The discounts are def worth the time. Customers are usually friendly and the products are amazing!
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2018
fun work environment, great discounts, and good sales experience to gain from this company along with great motivation of working with a company that enforces a positive body confidence campaign!
Nashua NH poor management
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 7, 2018
Aerie is an amazing brand to work for. The message it sends to young girls and women to love their bodies is something really empowering to be apart of.
Unfortunately the management at the Nashua NH Aerie is sub par. I’ve never worked at a job where I felt my superior manager was inept. There were countless times employees had personal frustration taken out on them, unnecessary attitude when asked for time off or things of that sort, and lack of consideration of associates personal life.
The pay is unfair to associates for the work they are expected to do. I was a manager for two years and even though I was a hard and dedicated worker I had only ever received a 62¢ raise.
Overall I would not recommend working at this particular Aerie to a friend.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, pay, management
Cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJOctober 21, 2018
Greet, announce the store sale, help customers get what they’re looking for, find their sizes, measured their upper body to find out their size, organize the store..
Toxic environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXOctober 18, 2018
Honestly the job is great and experience is amazing just the management kills the whole vibe. Company is about being nice and #aeriereal but they show other character.
Pros
The discount was amazing
Cons
Short breaks and manager
Productive and tedious workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2018
A typical day was cleaning and organizing shelves and displays of clothes, restocking, cashing out customers, hanging & folding, responsible for fitting rooms.
Pros
discounts and fun environment
Cons
overnight shifts, tedious